[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best 80s animated film and why is it The Secret of NIHM?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: The_Secret_of_NIMH.jpg (43 KB, 253x350) Image search: [Google]
The_Secret_of_NIMH.jpg
43 KB, 253x350
What is the best 80s animated film and why is it The Secret of NIHM?
>>
>>83894352
Because it is

https://youtu.be/gBzJGckMYO4
>>
I rewatched it the other day after decades...has great ambience and expresive animation, but the story is a mess, at least from an adult perspective where you question plot holes.
>>
>>83894915
Why the mices live in a place where they now that every year gets in the way of a combine harvester
>>
File: MfOYqr6.gif (864 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
MfOYqr6.gif
864 KB, 245x180
I'd say the first Land Before Time is equal if not superior to it.

>>83894915
Such as?
(Besides the question of how the owl or crow are sentient without having been experimented on)
>>
>>83895027
>Such as?

Not that Anon, but I personally felt the villain was pretty weak.
>>
>>83895072
>villain was pretty weak.
If you're referring to T-Rex, than I think you missed the point of the whole movie.
>>
File: 1429366080267.webm (3 MB, 484x270) Image search: [Google]
1429366080267.webm
3 MB, 484x270
>>83894352
>>
>>83894978
>Why the mices live in a place where they now that every year gets in the way of a combine harvester
To be fair, Mice totally do that. I've a small field that needs mowing once in a while and mice love to make homes in little piles of thatch or running tunnels through the tallest grasses. I try to avoid hitting them when I see em, but there's only so much one can do.

>>83895027
>(Besides the question of how the owl or crow are sentient without having been experimented on)

Crows are pretty damn smart (they've had something that could be called cultural knowledge transfer experimentally verified) and there's a cultural legacy of owls being smart (but best they're just hyper-sensitive and perceptive hunters... dumb as a brick otherwise.)

I guess there was just this odd sliding scale of intellect the animals seemed to work on.
>>
>>83895027
I will always love Land Before Time, but watching as an adult, the extent to which scenes were obviously chopped up and switched around is kind of appalling. It's so blatant and sometimes the plot even feels disjointed.

Also Bluth himself doesn't have a copy of the original cut and believes Universal (?) tossed out theirs decades ago, so it's not like we can even expect someday seeing what it would have been like in the immediate future. Only person who might still be in possession of it is Spielberg, and good luck getting in touch with him just to ask about something like that.
>>
>>83895116
I was referring to the villain from NIHM

Sharptooth wasn't really a villain.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.