[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ here... Aside from mixed martial arts, what would it take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: 1982930498276.jpg (53 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1982930498276.jpg
53 KB, 534x712
/r9k/ here...

Aside from mixed martial arts, what would it take to be a vigilante? I have nothing to really live for. Might as well give this a shot. The city I live in is fucking garbage. Every time I turn on the TV, it seems like there's another shooting or drug bust. The police is incompetent. They won't even dare to go into the most dangerous neighborhoods. Nothing but crime and everyone just lets it go on like it doesn't even matter. Someone should at least try to do something. I was driving by the other night and I saw a guy get jumped and beaten. The police wouldn't do shit. It's a bad neighborhood...

Don't worry, guys. I totally have part of this figured out. I have a base of operations(nearby abandoned factory). That's a start. I don't really know why I made this thread. The idea itself is insane and dumb but who really cares. Since you anons read comics, I figured you would know a little about vigilantism even if it's mostly fantasy. I know that there has to be poor, regular guys fighting crime in comics, right? Wasn't Green Arrow homeless one time? I don't know. Help me before I get myself killed.

"You're gonna die anyways faggot"

At least help me die looking professionally. I don't want to die looking like a crazy madman.
Or we could have a nice discussion about vigilantism/real life superhero in real life. There's that Phoenix Jones guy...
>>
>>83891929
>/r9k/ here
Dropped
>>
File: 1465289381769.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
1465289381769.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>83891929
STEROOOOOOIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDSSSSSS
>>
>>83891929
Get a camera and record crimes from a distance, preferably indoors. Then put the video online on youtube. This is literally the ONLY effective form of vigilantism.
>>
>>83891929
>I don't want to die looking like a crazy madman.
That's literally how you're gonna go dude.
>>
Just become a regular Police Officer, you dope.
>>
>>83891929

>Martial arts

Oh look im a thug and i got a gun. bam. You're dead.

Fancy moves ain't gonna do shit againts weapons IRL, the only vigiliantism possible on this day and age is Punisher style and that is a pretty retarded idea considering you can't judge who deserves to live or die in every situation.
>>
>>83891929
don't take any shit.
confidence is like 90% of the fight anyway senpai.

Also don't try to break up gang shooting or drug busts unless you want to get shot, just stop homeless people from shitting in the park at first.

post pics of costume.
>>
>>83892128
No you dope. Become CIA. That why you can do a bunch of illegal punisher style shit to cartel members except no one will give you shit for it. Might have to go to Afghanistan for a while though.
>>
File: 1435349049369.png (193 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1435349049369.png
193 KB, 500x373
>I don't want to die looking like a crazy madman
lose that mentality right now, if you're gonna do this shit you should do it because you want to help your city, how you look or what people think of you is irrelevant, this is for them not you.
>>
>>83892269

>CIA

he wants to beat up the bad guys, anon, not give them weapons
>>
File: MyFriend.jpg (23 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
MyFriend.jpg
23 KB, 512x512
Is he a real life superhero?
>>
>>83891929
Can i be you sidekick?
>>
That's silly, you're silly. Stop being silly.

Join a community outreach program or something. It'll do infinitely more good.
>>
>>83892389
Everyone in this thread is telling you to stop but I won't. I'll help you catch the criminals and maybe die trying so you can live on and help the city.
>>
>>83891929
Tell us, just what are you planning to do to the criminals? are you trying to get them arrested, kill them, or just slap them around a bit and hope they learn a lesson from it? Also how do you feel about firearms?
>>
>>83891929
And get a bulletproof jacket. Make sure you leave no fingerprints or anything behinf.
>>
>>83892368
Yesterday weapons; tomorrow bad guys to beat up.
It guarantees a never ending slew of killable bad guys. And no revolving door system like the Joker. Its a brilliant strategy.
>>
>>83891929
And make sure you distance yourself from the people you love. They'll only get hurt
>>
>>83891929
Be prepared to die. You will one day die doing this. But try to take down as many shit heads as you can. Make sure theres someone there to continue your legacy. At the very least you'll inspire people
>>
>>83892082
Yeah, even if he doesn't do the vigilante thing, he's from /r9k/ so of course he's going to die looking like a lunatic.
>>
>>83892605
Yes but if he dies doing something heroic people won't see him as a lunatic it'll bring attention to the police corruption and incompetnce
>>
File: 12 - 0zHAJkI.gif (225 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
12 - 0zHAJkI.gif
225 KB, 400x300
Ignoring the uphill(but not impossible) battle that is Fists vs Gun. You'd need the Following:
1.Some form of Martial Arts that is not used primarily for sport. For example Taekwondo would be less than ideal since you'd be learning habits that aren't effective in the situations you'll be in. My preference is Hapkido and Systema, but I'm biased since that's what I studied as a kid.
2.Health Insurance. Like, really good health insurance. Throw life insurance in as well.
3.Some form of Parkour ability. Know your escape routs when things go bad.
4.A coat hanger for when you give up.
5.Know how to gather info discreetly. Ninjas were bad ass because of all the prep that went into each assassination. Know your location, enemy(or enemies), and the best method of attack.
6. Motorcycle gear. Even if you don't ride a lot of Motorcycle safety gear is pretty effective. Most of it has just enough padding to protect while keeping your load light. It also won't draw too much attention to you while you walk down the street.
Have fun killing yourself anon.
>>
>>83891929
What this guy >>83891985 said. Surveillance is 90% of crime fighting pick a target/targets learn their habits, schedules, preferences etcs;, Gather sufficient evidence then act. Don't take on low level peons take out the middle management once you learn who's who and then target their more reliable goons use guerrilla warfare and misdirection, confuse them. Your last resort should be frontal attacks drug, snipe or sneak up on them when their alone to gain the uppperhand.
>>
>>83891929
Lol this is fucking gay
>>
>>83892334
>if you're gonna do this shit you should do it because you want to help your city
then work at a fucking soup kitchen or join a non-profit devoted to helping the homeless find and keep jobs/housing. Vigilantism doesn't do shit to help anyone.
>>
>>83892642
>police corruption
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>83892701
Yeah. But who didn't want to be a hero when they were a kid? Honestly that's the only reason I gave this moron any attention.
>>
>>83891929
If you're not planning to purge them then you're also part of the problem and taking up valuable time from otherwise good police officers. Phoenix Jones is a glorified hall monitor who spends more time feeding homeless people than actually fighting crime. You're not special, no one wants your help and people would sooner make fun of you than call you heroic. Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: desktop-1445283728-1.jpg (18 KB, 475x317) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1445283728-1.jpg
18 KB, 475x317
>>83891929
Anon, there's a man with electric powers. Don't lose hope
>>
>>83892789
Srfu at least let him try.
>>
Wish this was my first exposure to /r9k/...
>>
>>83892844
Building homes in Africa, mentoring under privileged kids, become a police officer, work in a soup kitchen, start a community outreach program there's a million other things he could do other than trying to stroke his own ego. That's all that shit is he wants to be the center of attention and be a snowflake when there's other, better, ways to go about bettering his community. You're as much of a dip shit as he is by egging this autistic faggot on.
>>
>>83891929
>>83891929
First you need to test yourself. Go to a bar. Pick a fight with someone that looks at least 1 weight class bigger than you. If you're too much of a pussy to do it then just kill yourself because you don't got the stuff to be a hero.
>>
>>83892789
What about that time Phoenix saw two people fighting behind a bar, so he pepper sprayed both of them and ran off?
>>
File: D.png (593 KB, 535x521) Image search: [Google]
D.png
593 KB, 535x521
So your goal is clean up the streets, by which i assume you mean to get dangerous criminals off the streets. This can either be done by placing them in prison or removing their ability to commit crimes.

The only way to get a person in prison is to follow a lengthy legal process in which the accused is given a fair trial. Of course this is best done by law officers who are trained specifically to approach and detain suspects in such a way as to not harm any potential case against them.

As a (let's assume, "successful") vigilante you would most likely witness a criminal act, apprehend the suspect and hand them over to the proper authorities. Now, assuming you managed to do this without getting yourself killed, you have just become a key witness and will be required to make an appearance in court and testify, under oath and out of costume, as to what happened. You will also be held accountable for how much force you used and in general will hurt the prosecutors case more than you could help it. The defense will make any attempt to discredit you and your methods. Somehow, I don't think this will be difficult for them.

Apprehension by vigilante will more often than not result in the suspect getting off with the crime.

Removing their ability to commit more crimes will essentially, I assume, involve you somehow killing the criminal or wounding them enough that they become physically incapable. Both of these will of course end with you in prison.

You can't be a vigilante in a country with strong/"good" law enforcement.

Like the other anon said, if you want to help, you can try to record as many crimes as possible while alerting the proper authorities.

It's saturday night, I'm 26 years old and theres a street party a block away from my home. Why did I type this?
>>
>>83891929
First off, this is a side quest to the main quest that is "life". If you go looking for trouble then you will cause trouble for everyone you are related to. The family and friends must be gone or dead for you to try this.
>>
>>83893145
How about the time he was stabbed like a bitch and left to die? Or the other time a girl tasered him when he was trying to break up an argument? Or the time he bitched out when they pulled a gun on him? Or when more than half of his "fellow heroes" stopped being "heroes" after a year? Phoenix Jones is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>83891929
This reminds of a time back in school, this fat kid wanted to be a vigilante like the Punisher. He forgot about superheroes a month later and moved on to cryptids, then to zombie killing. Weird guy.
>>
Where do you live anon
>>
>board full of guys who read comics and watch cartoons how can I be an effective crime fighter

Why would you ask here of all places?
>>
>>83893635
I thought I was the only one who thought that.
>>
> what would it take to be a vigilante?
Criminals you can fuck up without getting arrested or killed.

>At least help me die looking professionally. I don't want to die looking like a crazy madman.

See police reservist programs, the guardian angels, mexican autodefense forces and neighborhood watch programs for some examples on shit that's more likely to actually help, and less likely to get you broke, humiliated or killed.

>>83891985
Depends on your area. In europe, this is probably a generally better idea than anything OP has planned.
>>
>>83893635
Because this is the superhero board, duh.
>>
>According to one woman who was involved in the altercation, after an argument had broken out between her group and another, Phoenix Jones suddenly approached and pepper sprayed them, saying "I'm a superhero".

Which one of you is this?
>>
>At least help me die looking professionally.

Wear a suit and blow your brains out. Don't inconvenience other people with your shenanigans if you don't care about living.
>>
>>83891929
>/r9k/ here

Go kill yourself, and take the rest of that shit board with you
>>
>>83892654
>you'd be learning habits that aren't effective in the situations you'll be in
>So learn Hapkido and Systema,

U wot?

Learn Muay thai or boxing. Don't listen to this faggot he doesn't know what he is talking about. Theres a reason you don't see Hapkido or systema in mma.

OP you want a good few years of boxing under your belt; with regular sparring every week.

You also need some parkour I guess.

Do hill sprints for cardio.
And finally. Planning.

You don't want to fight, or even be known of. You need to get in, do your business and get out.

Of course unless you're going to be murdering people it's a waste of time.

Looks to me like OP needs excitement in his life. OP just admit it; you want action. Your life is a movie and you're the star; but being a vigilante isn't the best move. But if you want excitement you should get into tagging and a combat sport like boxing.

Tagging/graffiti to stick it to the man and a combat sport for the excitement.

OP if you're based in the UK email me. [email protected]
>>
>>83893346
Carry your own gun. One that you are willing to destroy when you shoot someone in the face and run off if that's necessary.

Wear fairly good body armor.

(This will also deal with a lot of tasing, since the probes need to pierce flesh. Even thick clothing can stop it.)

All in all it's high risk, requires a lot of skill and ruthlessness, and money.

And you'll still probably fuck up and get beaten to death with a crowbar or baseball bat. Or shot in the face because that's hard to armor. Or the Police will assume you are a mass shooter and come down on you.

But it could be done, I guess.

And if you tangled with cartels they would surprise you sometime, or just fill you full of wholes with assault rifles, because it's not really that easy to get body armor that deals with that. Even if you could getting shot that many times would end up with oyu dead because it's still potentially like getting beaten with a baseball bat even if it doesn't penetrate.

It would be really newsworthy though. Maybe even cool if you got a few.

Ideally though, complete surprise, looks like a drug crime, nothing to chance, requires a lot of skill.

Someone might be doing it, but we won't really know because that's the point.
>>
>>83891929
1)Get a rifle and assassinate high-ranking gang members from a distance.

2)Go on patrols with a small firearm and shoot down anyone caught doing criminal actions.

3)Maybe learn how to use explosives to deal with large numbers.

4)Learn how to gather Intel on the big gangs in your area like their hideouts and homes.(You can set explosives during a gang meeting and end it all)

5)Steal from the enemy and use it to stop future criminals(Kill one guy and his little brother will vow to take his place in anger) donate the crime money to schools, churches, small business etc. Tell them you're giving them this money so they can use it for the kids to have more extracurricular activities and events in their community or something(parties, sports tournaments, out-of-state field trips)

6)Help drug addicts and the homeless

Bonus)Record the crimes you're stopping to help engage dialogue.

The police would be forced to hunt you down and while your franking out crime it will be easier for them to take control of the neighborhood.

Being a master in martial arts isn't going to help you much. Just get strong and learn CQC to help you maintain distance from your targets.

You would never be Batman but you can be a shitty Frank Castle which is enough.
>>
have knowledge of and access to heavy duty body armor, weaponry, an ability to escape/acrobatic ability, fighting multiple guys at once, etc.
>>
>/co/ is this delusional
OP is going to wind up chained up in a basement getting emasculated by some spics
>>
>>83892269

Most CIA guys are behind a desk.
>>
File: 1390953323851.jpg (69 KB, 488x750) Image search: [Google]
1390953323851.jpg
69 KB, 488x750
>>83891929
As someone who was a street vigilante for a few years, its 90% surveillance and 10% action.

Find an area and patrol it, every night in your car. Don't engage in anything, even if you think you can stop it. Get a feeling of the ebb and flow of the streets and it's inhabitants.

Get a gun, but enter a situation with the intention of de-escalating it, not to hurt someone. DO NOT engage in stopping a crime if your not absolutely sure you can handle it. Listen to any nagging feeling you have in your head, because it is right.

Tell those who your confronting that you've already called the cops, even if you haven't. Failing that, just tell them to walk away, most of the time they will. "Well what if they don't?" you ask? You didn't do your homework and now your in a situation you can't handle. Break off and retreat.

In the 6 years I was a vigilante I engaged in 11 crimes and stopped 8 of them. I patrolled the streets in my car every other night in two low income neighborhoods. 4 of the crimes were people hassling homeless people. But other than that, 80% of the time you won't be doing anything.
The worst one was when a man was being beaten up by some drug dealers because he owed them money. I walked up with them with my gun drawn and told them I called the police and to back away from the victim. One of them said "Do it nigga, shoot me." and all four of them flashed their pieces at me. I was way in over my head. I knew I wouldn't survive if I tried to shoot all of them so I just backed up until I was out of sight and called an ambulance.

It's a lot of hard work, not a lot of action, and you'll get burnt out easily.
>>
Parkour and ninja tactics. Like powdered glass in a mugger's eyes and poison
>>
Become Frank Castle or build a killdozer
>>
>>83896228
Did you wear a kool costume?
>>
Just go to a block party in the ghetto and mow down literally everyone with your vehicle. Odds are 30-50% of the people you've killed were involved in some sort of criminal activity, rinse and repeat
>>
>>83896439
assault rifle ammo is getting expensive again, just vote Drumph he'll do it for you
>>
>>83896424
Nah. Just a black hoodie, black pants, gloves and a ski mask. Wore the ski mask as a beanie at all times so I could pull it down when needed. When it was crazy hot, I'd wear a black t-shirt and cover my face with a bandana.

I kept my clothes loose so I could move comfortably in them. Being comfortable and having a full range of motion is paramount.
>>
>>83896439
you need to build a killdozer, but without trapping yourself inside it and you need a place to hide where they will never find you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer#Bulldozer_modification
>>
>>83896439
hahahaha they'd light your ass up before you even pulled the trigger.
Gangs always scout the edge of block parties for signs of trouble. rival gangs and shit.
>>
>>83891929
>I have a base of operations(nearby abandoned factory)

somebody owns it and their security, however lax, will quickly notice your occupation

>I don't want to die looking like a crazy madman.

don't wear a gimp suit and choke to death in a police cell after being tased too much
>>
>>83891929
Call yourself the Frog Man and derive your power from meme magic. Then if you get shot and die it'll at least be an amusing news story.
>>
>>83891929
You need patience, intelligence, compassion and to rid yourself of all bias.
Once that's achieved, you begin to see where crime really stems from - and that's when the work starts.

It will kill you in the end, and you may not achieve much, or you may capture the imagination of the population and have 15 minutes of dubious fame.

Or you might just make public the identities of real criminals and start a change for the better.

Best of luck.
>>
So what other comic-booky people exist other then Phoenix Jones, The guy with electric powers and Killdozer?
>>
>>83892905
This
>>
>>83897169

Mage's and witches
>>
>>83892139
>Oh look im a thug and i got a gun. bam. You're dead.
Unless the fight starts before you can draw your weapon. Even if you do draw it you can still lose if the opponent is close enough.

Some of the replies in this thread are worrying. I can't tell if these people are joking or if they really believe all this shit.
>>
>>83899216
99% of the time, a person using a gun will take out the other person without a gun (even if that person is a master martial artist which is a big if anyway). The 1% where someone gets disarmed is a fluke or else the assailant is just really off his face. You will most likely die if you try and beat up criminals OP.
>>
>>83899567
There are many incidences where retard cops pulled out a gun at too close a range and end up getting killed or wounded by a perp with a knife.
>>
>>83899216
Life isn't a movie anon
>>
>>83899567
>>83899656
>>83892139
https://youtu.be/J_KJ1R2PCM
Fuck off retards
>>
>>83899702
Wrong link
https://youtu.be/J_KJ1R2PCMM
>>
>>83896228
>One of them said "Do it nigga, shoot me." and all four of them flashed their pieces at me.
You're an idiot and lucky to still be alive.
>>
>>83899722
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjrgxb4K0k
>>
>>83894884
You would never be Batman but you can be a shitty Frank Castle which is enough.
topkek
>>
>>83900397
shit for to add the >
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.