[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing of mass murdering supervillains, do you agree with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 21
File: kaine was right.jpg (126 KB, 483x396) Image search: [Google]
kaine was right.jpg
126 KB, 483x396
Killing of mass murdering supervillains, do you agree with it? Would you kill a supervillain if you were a superhero?
>>
>>83890500
Yes. Absolutely. Fuck Peter for ever convincing anyone otherwise.
>>
>>83890500
In some superhero settings, whenever a villain goes too far they'll get a kill order placed on them, allowing heroes and vigilantes to attack them on sight with lethal force in exchange for a bounty. I would kill somebody who had a kill order placed on them. Although if kill orders didn't exist I would kill them anyway if they were evil enough or if people were in immediate danger. Wouldn't that be justifiable homicide?
>>
>>83890500
Someone people just don't want to kill, blame the state's incompetence not the hero.
>>
>>83890500
I'm not saying Batman and Spider Man have to go full Frank and kill every thug but ya gotta crack some eggs when they go too far.
>>
>>83890500
Why hasn't the state sentenced these people to death if they have been detained over and over again?
>>
If you catch him in the process of trying to kill, then you can kill him. Otherwise the villain should be turned over to the state, who should then promptly try and execute him.
>>
>>83891763
In a fictional world, no idea. In a real world situation such an individual would be too valuable as a potential weapon to be disposed of.
>>
If Batman killed he joker everyone in gotham would breath a HUGE sigh of relief, even if the believe in batman's theory that someone worse will replace him. While I respect the underlying morality of the no kill rule heroes have, some people need to be dealt with in a way that allows them not to hurt anyone anymore. I'm tired of all the excuses they come up with about not wanting to turn into a monster themselves and other nonsense, If that is such a big issue for you then just retire after killing those who absolutely deserve it. sure, there is nothing wrong with giving someone a second chance, but 15 is way too fucking many.
>>
if i had the power to actually kill them and not get pulled off and only wounding then and making them stronger then yes i would you would think a soldier like flash would be alright with killing someone like carnage
>>
>>83890500
Likely not, since there is always the chance that they did not commit the crime or were otherwise framed. If there were no other choice, all bets are off though.
>>
Everything is situational, so it depends on the villain.
>>
yes of course
no need to kill the more minor criminals but at a point something has to be done
>>
I'm fine with heroes not killing, as long as they provide a proper alternative. A long term solution that villains won't escape from.
>>
>>83890500
like in a fucking atosecond
>>
>>83890500
Kaine was the perfect hero for Texas.
>>
>>83892236

Of course, this being comics, they WILL escape. That's the nature of the beast.

Bill Finger had this problem with Batman, back in the day. He claimed that murderers constantly getting out and murdering again made Batman look like he wasn't actually helping Gotham.

All he was doing was giving Gotham a reprieve between killing sprees, instead of stopping the problem.
>>
If you are not a friend of justice, then you're mankind's enemy.
>>
File: 1466168680475.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
1466168680475.gif
1 MB, 386x286
>>83890500
Why not? Give me a good reason not to.
>>
>>83891763
If they haven't killed all the time I can see letting some villains live in a fictional world. Guys like Carnage, Joker and Norman Osborn should be executed.
>>
Only if it's the only way to stop him from killing someone right then and there or something like that, or if he was one of those villains who just keeps getting out of prison and killing more people no matter how many times you put him away or how secure his cell is.
>>
Superior was so satisfying.
>>
>>83891522
Wormy-wormy-worm~
>>
>>83891522
Examples?
>>
>>83893202
Not the anon, but I assume he's talking about Worm: parahumans.wordpress.com
1.7 million words long, featuring a rough start followed rapidly by a dramatic increase in writing quality and depth or worldbuilding. Good story.
>>
>>83890500
If Kaine had successfully killed Carnage in this instance, we would never have gotten the world's greatest hero Axis Carnage, and that would be the true tragedy.
>>
>>83890500
Well, it seems like I should put forth the moral and ethical arguments...
( Let's see if I can fake knowing them! )

First up: Killing is wrong. It's a line that heroes don't cross unless there's no choice. And for a "good" reason: Superman is insanely overpowered as is, plus he has plot armor, so the idea of this alien man-god flying around Metropolis with kill-from-space eyes for some select chosen people is horrifying. That's what Zod and Bizarro do. That's a kryptonite lobotomy away from him being Doomsday 2.0, it justifies every suspicion that Lex Luthor ever had about him. Plus it teaches every schoolboy across the world (both IRL and not) that might makes right alone, and bullies are cool, a message Superman fans sometimes take to heart anyway. That's not what Superman was intended to inspire.
Then there's the problems that this action would create in comics and in the industry: Batman one day decides to rape-murder the Joker for jollies, fair enough, but now that scary guy dressed like the devil who everyone's secretly called nutzoe for years has seemingly abandoned the only rule he had, isn't that the kind of guy that superheroes fight? Killers in funny costumes with crazy themed gadgets, minions, and secret layers where they brood and plot their schemes? So now Batman is on everyone's villians list, stuff has a tendency to escalate. Other killer heroes might try to bump him off, and die themselves, bodies stack up ... how long until he has to kill Superman to keep outa jail? WonderWoman?
Superhero Civil Wars have started over less.
But let's not forget the most important thing: good rogues galleries are hard enough to fill as is.
>>
File: 1457913974564halved.jpg (268 KB, 640x981) Image search: [Google]
1457913974564halved.jpg
268 KB, 640x981
>>83892355
Did Norman Osborn really have that big a kill-count? I know he kills but he's not Carnage/Joker serial killer level dangerous.
Plus, unlike those two, he has a good side to him: father/familyman, buisness-man/job creator, Republican in good standing.
His insanity plea is actually legit.
>>
>>83891522
>Wouldn't that be justifiable homicide?

Depends on where you are. In 95 percent of america, and maybe half of europe, yes.

In places with a "duty to retreat", you're required to run away.

Also, in places that require "proportional force", you're not allowed to just go up to him from behind when he's having a mocha and kill him even if he's murdered a bunch of people in the past. He's got to be an immediate threat to you. If he tries to run away, you're supposed to let him go.

Of course, with a big enough kill count, these rules tend to get stretched.

>>83892294
What if you're a wimpy fair weather friend of justice? Does that mean you're just mankinds annoyance?
>>
Depends on a supervillain.
Someone like Mysterio, Rhino or Vulture? No.
Killing bastards like Hobgoblin or Kingpin would be very tempting, but no.
Carnage, Purple Man or Bullseye? Fuck yes and that's coming from someone who likes Bullseye as a villain.
>>
Pretty Sure Norman killed Peter's baby daughter didn't he?

He may not have a kill count on the scale of Joker or Carnage, but he kills without remorse.

Still never got properly punished for Gwen Stacy, Otto's waifu (he gave her AIDS), Sentry's wife, Frank and didn't he blow up a football stadium?

He's not a good father. He might be a good businessman, but the world would be an inarguably better place if someone put a bullet in Norman's head. He's a remorseless peice of shit.
>>
Depends if we're taking everything into context. There is no real reason to kill villains since if they're popular they'll neither stay imprisoned OR dead. If they aren't then chances are if you imprison them they'll stay in jail. And the whole believing villains are redeemable isn't without merit. I mean Magneto may have been hero more than he's been a villain at this point.
>>
>>83893500
>it justifies every suspicion that Lex Luthor ever had about him
You are a human god damn shit stain.
Killing in self defense & defense of others IS NOT EVER FUCKING WRONG and billion light years from being what Lex is talking about.
Was Thor suddenly a tryant because he killed the Sentry/Void? when we know for a fact the sentry could have destroyed the entire planet as we saw in one of the what ifs.
>>
>>83890500
No.
I don't have the authority or right to just decide to be judge and jury, just cause I have the power to do so. You can take the edgelord route, then scream and shout that you're doing the right thing that no one else is willing to do, but that still makes you an edgelord, at least in my eyes. If there is a way to stop someone without killing them, then I don't need to, nor should I be expected to.
If I stop a guy, and I get him in jail it's the judicial system's decision from then on.
>>
>>83894145
>bullet in Norman's head
Would that even work, though? He has a healing factor that brought him back from the dead once.
Beheading seems to be the best solution.
>>
File: 1439775593432.jpg (81 KB, 312x514) Image search: [Google]
1439775593432.jpg
81 KB, 312x514
>>83894500
Yes
>>
>>83892045
>In a real world situation such an individual would be too valuable as a potential weapon to be disposed of.

That wouldn't work any better IRL than it does in comics.
>>
File: ThatsThePoint.jpg (63 KB, 499x514) Image search: [Google]
ThatsThePoint.jpg
63 KB, 499x514
>>83892063

Common Sense VS Batman.
>>
>>83894555
Nice bait trips

>it's the judicial system's decision from then on

And if the judicial system is laughably ill-equipped to deal with these demigods?
>>
>>83892063
he did in Endgame and now there are 3 Jokers instead of 1
>>
File: 3be.jpg (24 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
3be.jpg
24 KB, 600x463
>>83894555
THIS HAS NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH JUDGEMENT.
We aren't talking about killing people who aren't a threat at the time we kill them.
We aren't talking about sitting down and making a thought out choice to kill.
We are talking about in the midst of battle, in the midst of moutains of corpses you can prevent more death only by ending the threat.
Killing to save lives isn't fucking edgy, Letting people fucking die just to keep blood off you hands is mother fucking edgy you piece of worthless selfish shit.
>>
>>83894608
He murdered Darkseid in final crisis
>>
File: justice.jpg (64 KB, 279x640) Image search: [Google]
justice.jpg
64 KB, 279x640
>>83894093
>>
File: 1454976488084.jpg (62 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
1454976488084.jpg
62 KB, 421x640
>>83894715
NO. That's NOT the scenario in debate here.
Kaine has a standing policy of kill first and ask questions later, or at least he did when he first put on a hero costume.
He's making that argument in the OP's pic because that's his justification to go into EVERY combat situation with the intent to kill the villian.
That's called premeditated.
It wouldn't matter if Carnage had a hostage in hand or if he suddenly found Jesus, repented, and surrendered - Kaine would kill him.
>>
>>83894972
God damn, that image must be 5 years old.
>>
>>83893845
That's fair. Osborn has also done more good than those two.
>>
I find Spider-Man sparing Carnage infinitely more annoying than Batman saving the Joker, I don't think he's ever even given an excuse for it.
>>
>>83890500
It shouldn't be necessary, and vigilantes who are already operating outside the law have valid ethical reasons for wanting to keep their extra-judicial, no oversight crime fighting non-lethal, but it becomes an overwhelmingly valid step to take in a world where the demands of mass marketing ensues the villains will always escape and be back to business. In the real world, criminals very rarely actually escape from prison.
>>
>>83894972
I never noticed that was Bomb Queen before.
>>
>>83890500
Yeah, especially the big time ones

I'll give chances to the small time hencemen
>>
>>83894715
This has everything to do with jusgement, and it always has.
It's your judgement that the only way to stop him is through death, and it's your judgement that justifies that decision is worth making.
You're also the only one talking about 'letting' people die.
>>
>>83895242
IRL criminals, at least the big ones, rarely NEED to escape prison anyway.
>>
>>83895511
It's a judgment of the situation and my capabilities not of him.
It's about risk.
Say a gunman has a gun to a little girls head and is counted down to when he pulls the trigger.
Yes I could shoot him in the shoulder but he could still pull the trigger. I could shoot the gun but it might set the ammunition off.
The safest course of action for the girl would be to shoot him thru the skull or spine.
Period.
>>
>>83890500
No. Start killing and the law is less likely to tolerate all the vigilantes running around
>>
>>83895511
If you let a murderer go when you have a point to kill him while he is still on the rampage every person he kills from then on is on you. You let them die.
>>
>>83895609
Or, as a superhero, I just take the gun and incapacitate the gunman.
Or I take the girl, and incapacitate the gunman.
Shooting the gunman with a gun would just give him time to kill the girl, anyway.
>>
>>83895644
But you're the one entertaining the idea that I'd be letting him go by not killing him. You've already set it into your mind that killing is the only solution, refusing any other end case scenario.
>>
File: Dredd KissMyAss.jpg (424 KB, 555x1024) Image search: [Google]
Dredd KissMyAss.jpg
424 KB, 555x1024
>>83890500
The biggest issue with the world is that it's overpopulated, so fuck killing mass murdering supervillains and lower the bar to start with jaywalkers.
>>
FunFact: As he first appeared as a villian-of-the-month in an issue of Spiderman's,
IF Spidey had any kind of pro-killing policy it would have meant there would be no Frank Castle... THE PUNISHER. today.
>>
>>83892063
Why does Batman have to be the one to kill the Joker? Why doesn't everyone lobby the state about it?

People say Batman killing him would be the logical thing, but if this universe abided by logic, this wouldn't even be a problem in the first place.

So you either have to accept that he won't kill him, or accept that Joker is going to come back to life every time. Your choice.
>>
>>83895698
Because supervillains don't tend to escape and kill more.
OH WAIT.
>>
>>83895907
what always get me about the whole Joker that no one Gotham, which supposedly one of the most corrupt police department in America, has never "discovered that Joker hanged himself in his cell" or "Joker tried to steal my gun during interrogation and I had no choice but to shoot him" or "we accidently put rat poison his lunch instead chicken flavor. WHOOPS". it's not like he has friends in the crime families. no one except for Harley (and not even her anymore apparently) likes the Joker. "He's the bad guy all the other bad guys tell horror stories about" right? he should've died long ago. not from Batman killing him but some family like i dunno, the Maronis deciding he's too much of a liability and having him killed on the way to the station.
>>
>>83890500
>Killing of mass murdering supervillains, do you agree with it?
Yes. Very much so.

>Would you kill a supervillain if you were a superhero?
No, but I would do everything I could to make sure the police would execute them, and every time somebody asks me why I don't, I point out that neither has any cop.

Seriously, Spider-Man has Doctor Octopus beaten, bloody, and unconscious, hanging upside down from a pole. One of you, pull out your fucking service pistol and SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD.
>>
>>83896204
Then go back to what I first said: Blame Judicial System or whoever is in charge of keeping them locked up instead of the guy who literally put him on your doorstep wrapped up and tied in a bow.
I'm a superhero, not a political powerhouse.
>>
>>83896258
>>83894669
>>
>>83896219
Good point, but corruption usually favors the money.
In this case Arkham has two types of guards: those paid by generous Wayne donations, and those paid a little extra by someone they shouldn't be taking bribes from.
Apparently both those big money sources want Joker alive.
And then there's the cops: Gordon keeps it as by-the-book as possible under his command, before him, yeah, Joker would have never made it to a stationhouse, one way or another.
>>
>>83896219
When Joker gathered up the other rogues for his asinine plot in Death of The Family they were portrayed as being either too spineless to resist him or too caught up in their own sense of supervillain duty to argue otherwise. It's just shit all around.
>>
>>83896340
Then that goes back to what I just said, I'm no political powerhouse. If I was the type of superhero that could infiltrate and uncover secrets, and what not, then sure, but if I'm of the stopping crime and villains and what not, then that's something the people should really work out for themselves.
In any case, point being is that, it still falls out of my hands and I still don't hold the right to decide to kill someone just because someone else decides not to.
It's not my decision to make. I help where I can, and do what I can; if it isn't enough, I make it enough and keep trying.
>>
>>83890500
depends on the situation, let's say the bad guy was fooled into killing people, like pressing a magical button that he thought would save the world, and it made shit worse. If we are going constant murder mode or soldier who isn't afraid to murder or purist on his crusade and they all kept escaping to murder again, then yes put them down.
>>
>>83896219
unless DC says other wise, who is to say it's always the same joker every time. Like some one taking the mantle of batman, there is a new joker. Joker kidnaps people who look like him and brain washes them like in batman beyond plot.
>>
>>83894669
if these demi - gods even exsist then they should have the means to hold them, since there is merely a man in a bat suit who beat them with technology.
>>
That why I consider SpiderOck's run good.
>>
>>83897423
>>
>>83897423
>>83897434
Athough he went full psychopath in the end
>>
>>83897451
>full psychopath

Is that how all superkilleroes end up? Watchmen style?
>>
>>83897451
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
I think that there comes a point, round about the fourth time that mass super-murderer escapeds from an Ultramax Prison, that you just have to say:
"Okay, at this point, we've got to put you down, and see if death will keep you off the streets."

Because let's be fair, in comics, death very rarely IS the end. All you can do is hope it takes a few years before they come back.
>>
>>83897613
If the villain happens to be popular then literally nothing you can do will keep them from being alive and free to murder.
>>
>>83890500
Well, in the real world when you lock up mass murderers, they stay locked up, our prison system is very good at that. In fact, odds are they'd get the death penalty.
So no, there would be no need for me to kill mass murderers.
>>
>>83897636
To be fair mass murderers in our world usually can't bench press a cruise ship with their pinkies or shoot lasers out their dickhole.
>>
>>83897656
The Joker can't do anything of those things
>>
>>83892355
To be fair, Carnage is kind of hard to kill.
>>
File: superior-spider-man-torture.jpg (115 KB, 540x263) Image search: [Google]
superior-spider-man-torture.jpg
115 KB, 540x263
>>83897560
He started as a villain trying to be a hero using underhanded and controversial methods to defeat his enemies, he had an ego that made him a bad team member and and despite his twisted personality there were certain things he couldn't tolerate like the Vulture using children. But I think they ruined him when near the end turning him into a full villain for Peter returning with the approval of the fans.
>>
>>83897667
There have been multiple times when Carnage and Cletus were seperated.
More importantly, Symbiotes are weak to sound and fire.
>>
>>83895579
The big criminals usually aren't mass murderers, in America at least.
>>
File: frankfacehankhill135820.png (39 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
frankfacehankhill135820.png
39 KB, 225x225
>>83890500
>be US Marine
>not a grunt just support

He'll yes fuck those assholes. I'd be Frank all day everyday.
>>
>>83897681
Should I throw him into the sun?
>>
>>83897681
I'm just saying the guy came back from being torn in half in space. And isn't the symbiote inside his blood now? Can't really seperate them at that point.
>>
Some people on here are talking about regular criminald and others are talking about fictional repeat serial killers.

If Charles Manson broke out of jail every few years and killed a bunch of people or whatever he would do his ass would have been dead decades ago.
>>
>>83897749
Drain all the blood from his body, replace it with donor blood.
>>
If society has a problem with villains escaping jails and murdering again they can execute them themselves. Superheroes are not your executioners.
>>
>>83897788
To be fair he wouldn't have plot armor. Plus isn't he segregated from the main population since it's obvious there'd be constant attempts on his life since he's a famous murderer and therefore good for your rep?
>>
>>83897872
and yet they're our law enforcement
>>
>>83894093
>Duty to retreat
I still cannot believe that somebody thought this law was a good idea
>>
I'd play it like a cop (the good kind). I'm not going to immediately resort to gleeful murder, on the account of valuing people's lives on principle, but I'm not going to let you kill me or a bystander. If that means you die, it's unfortunate -and I'm not being sarcastic- but acceptable.

Chances are I'd try to get deputized by local law enforcement before it came to that, though. Just randomly throwing yourself into situations where you have to kill people straddles the 'murderous vigilante' territory. Best case scenario, the baddies surrender and receive due trial, and facilities are built to deal with metahuman criminals.

So, yes, I would kill, but only as an absolute last resort, and with carte blanche to do so given by local/federal authorities. None of that sadist crap either; quick and painless, as much as possible given the circumstances. Not quite Spiderman, not quite the Punisher either.

Too edgy for a superhero?
>>
>>83892333
>>
>>83898122
The commandment actually originally said something closer to "You shall not murder", it was against unlawful killing, but fine with killing your enemy in battle or executing criminals.
>>
>>83898122
Yeah, fuck that. My father is an asshole.
>>
>>83896423
Craven pussy.
>>
>>83896552
And yet here we are.
>>
>>83898122
I'm sure all those people in Jericho were glad God told the Jews not to kill people.
>>
>>83890500

Well put it this way anon. You're a sniper in WWII and you have Hitler in your sights but Patton strolls over and says "If you kill him you're just as bad"

Not killing mass murders is fucking retarded
>>
>>83894625

Say what you want, the Suicide Squad gets results
>>
>>83898054
Almost like it's one o' them "cultural distinctions" or somethin' eh?
>>
>>83898122
>>83898191
It depends on the version. In the KJV it says Thou Shalt Not Kill, but the NIV says You Shall Not Murder. To say these waters are muddied is an understatement.
>>
I prefer the heroes who don't go out of their way to hold back from killing villains.

it is a life-or-death situation. the same way a police sniper will take out a person holding hostages, the heroes sometimes have to make the tough choice to save lives.

it's like that scene from 'A few Good Men'
Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You want me there (boasting) We use words like honor, code,
loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.
>>
>>83890500
>supervillain kills a bunch of people
>you kill him instead of redeeming him
>big alien who is weak to that guy's specific powerset shows up and defeats you then blows up the planet
>Gee I sure wish I didn't kill that guy :^)

Thanks for giving me a good story idea.
>>
>>83898068
Nah, I think this is the most reasonable one I've seen. Plus getting deputised or atleast being under some authority would go a long way .
>>
File: Fan theory.png (226 KB, 617x539) Image search: [Google]
Fan theory.png
226 KB, 617x539
>>83890500
There is ALWAYS a way.
I am not like you OP. I will never kill someone. I bring him TO JUSTICE!
>>
>>83895067

AXIS will probably make him not want to kill him even more, since it's convinced him that "He can be good!" or something, even though it was all due to magical mind fuckery and he's back to normal now.
>>
>>83890761
Easy, Tiger. Put the edge back in the sheath.

See, characters, like real people, are different; some kill w/o a qualm, some agonize before killing, some agonize and don't kill, some refuse to kill, some kill by accident, and some have no hard-and-fast rule.

Glad we had this little chat.
>>
>>83897789

There'd probably be enough Bullshittium Particles left in his body to regen a new symbiote.
>>
>>83894763

I thot he sang to him?
>>
Yes, I would kill the most deranged and dangerous enemies, then start killing and otherwise incapacitating smaller fish, sinking deeper and deeper into moral myopia, telling myself it's all for the betterment of the world, until I would become so dark and terrible that my former friend who decided I have gone too far would summon an uncorrupted version of me from another universe to fight and defeat me.
>>
>>83898247

Really? Why don't *you* put on a costume and go kill the guys that Dr. Anonymous refuses to, then, instead of hiding behind your screen and throwing around ad homs?
>>
>>83898122
>>83898320
It's in the translation. We have a lot of words for "kill": kill, execute, terminate, assassinate, matricide, fratricide, patricide, suicide, genocide, even hunt. Different words for different situations. The hebrew word used in the 6th commandment meant "to kill in anger". It isn't an accross-the-board ban on ending life cycles, it specifically means you should not kill someone for pissing you off.
In the modern vernacular it would be something more like "Thou shall not ragekill"
>>
File: 1458929531878.png (568 KB, 684x534) Image search: [Google]
1458929531878.png
568 KB, 684x534
>>83897721
>>
>>83898692
>LE EDGE XDDD
Oh, fuck off.
Peter is an idiot for not letting a father to kill a mass-murderer who killed his kids.
>>
>>83895310

Now Bomb Queen, I'd flat-out murder. Slow and ugly. Feed bits of her to piranha, shark, gators, army ants, etc, till there's nothing left
>>
>>83896531
Joker is a weaponized meme.
>>
>>83898895
>implying you can get through her plot armor
Your best bet is finding a character with a somehow even thicker plot armor and a belief that some people don't deserve to live, then have them kill her.
>>
>>83898875
How many people has Carnage killed since that incident anyway?
Anybody have a counter?
>>
>>83898934
No you need a 'shit gets real' event to bypass her THAC0
>>
>>83898875

No, Peter's just not a killer; he wants to save people. He's a hero. People who casually-kill are anti-heroes at best, villains otherwise. Besides, Marvel/Disney isn't into just crumpling up IPand throwing it away, so dead characters come back.

ALL. THE. TIME.

Then the kill loses all dramatic value. Then it becomes routine. BORING. Oh, random mooks will stay dead, unless someone figures out a way that their death could make them a "col" character and =voom= Eddie the Minion who was crushed under a radioactive steam-roller comes back as DEATH-RIBBON, THE FLATTEST UNDEAD MAN ALIVE! HE WRAPS AROUND YOU, AND YOU GET CANCER!

Or sunburn, maybe.

But those would be few and far between.
>>
>>83899080
>No, Peter's just not a killer
No, he's just a huge douchebag according to that scene.
>he wants to save people.
Then he should've looked the other way. No one is asking him to personally kill Carnage or Massacre, but he stopped a man from getting some small justice and even stopped the police from doing their jobs because MUH NO ONE DIES.
BIG SURPRISE that both of those assholes broke out and killed more innocent people.
>>
>>83899080
Killing the thing that murdered your children isn't what I'd call "casual".
>>
>>83891763

How the fuck do they keep escaping prison?
>>
>>83898934

So...Skitter from worm then?. I hate them both but honestly she was all that came to mind right now
>>
File: 1466118760967.png (219 KB, 836x688) Image search: [Google]
1466118760967.png
219 KB, 836x688
>>83898692
Way to make me cringe coolio
>>
>>83890500
Yes, I'd probably kill super villains. I'd consider it it a failure but I do believe lethal force is a valid last resort.
>>
File: gentlemen.jpg (41 KB, 500x739) Image search: [Google]
gentlemen.jpg
41 KB, 500x739
Gentlemen,

Peace at any cost, is no peace at all.

The time will come when we become that which we hate most if we forget these words.
>>
>>83898814
no u, faggotbitch
>>
>>83899591
>PEACE at any cost
>no peace at all

Nigga it's got peace right in the name.
>>
>>83899215
It's also still illegal.
>>
>>83900203
Think you need to work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>83900299
I read it, it's just a foolish sentiment.

"Peace at any cost is no peace at all"

"Legalization of marijuana without recreational decriminalization is no legalization at all"

"A whopper with cheese with tomatoes is no whopper with cheese at all I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TOMATOES MOM GOD DAMN IT"

Peace at any cost actually is peace even if you have a generation of veterans with PTSD. You can squabble all day about whether it was worth it or what price was paid, but at the end of the day you've stopped the conflict and people are no longer actively killing peers, so by definition that's peace.
>>
>>83899591
Can you put a price on peace?
>>
>>83901497
Mercenaries can in a way, I guess.
>>
>>83901286
Not that anon, but you're an idiot. "Peace at ANY cost" is the operative phrase in that statement. Is it peace if it causes you to be enslaved and subjugated?

Overall, 1/10, Apply yourself
>>
Criminals deserves a chance at redemption.
A singular chance.
Once a villain had been apprehended and jailed according to law, it is on him to change his ways.
By breaking out of prison and resuming a life of crime, a criminal declares his contempt for the laws of his peers, and thus is not better than a rabid animal. Rabid animals should be shot.
>>
>>83902061
No, it's not peace.. And therefor not peace at any cost.

"Is it peace if it causes you to be at war for another century?"

"Is it peace if your nation gets taken hostage and used as sex slaves?"

No, none of these things are peace, so they're not even on the table of discussion, here.

0/10, see me after class
>>
>>83893202
>>83893272
Though to be fair, Worm illustrates precisely why "kill orders" are bullshit in such a setting because the anti-heroes actually get threatened with kill orders despite not having done anything to merit that. I mean, they've done bad stuff but not compared to others with kill orders on them.

In any case, it's an example of one.
>>
File: 1465914351410.gif (157 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1465914351410.gif
157 KB, 600x500
>>83898122
But anon I barely follow the rules of the bible to begin with
>>
>>83898370
That Sounds like a bullshit idea. So keep around a person who has killed before because he might be useful.
>>
>>83902199
Which anti heroes get threatened with a kill order? The only one I can think of is Gavel who was a hero that started executing villains families and got birdcaged because he was super hard to kill. Because Skitter by the time that Tagg came into to start throwing his weight around was a villain. Sure a villain with a nice side, but still a villain.

Worm's didn't use kill orders that much really, because of the tenuous situation. I mean look how they handled Bakuda and Lung who had ruined massive parts of the city or Purity who started levelling buildings.
>>
This is more a problem with how long comics go on and the reliance on the same villains over and over again

Joker has escaped like 8 billion times because Batman has been around for 80 years. Realistically he would have died or become broken a long time ago, and comic writers just can't help relying on the same villains over and over, when realistically they would be locked the fuck up in a hidden max security prison, not Arkham
>>
>>83902061
>Is it peace if it causes you to be enslaved and subjugated?
A good question! I think I'll let a dicitonary help me with that one.
>1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
>3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, especially in personal relations:
>4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security:

So let's say Edge McTrenchcoat unsheathes his katana and pssh nothing personnels every criminal in your nation, takes control of it, dismantles the army and police and makes it very clear that anyone who so much as raises a hand to another gets the same treatment. People take him seriously and suddnely in your nation no one is using violence on their fellow men. There's a lot of shouting by the media about muh civil liberties but in reality you only have to fear anything from Edge McTranchcoat if you think that punching people (or worse) is an acceptable solution to your problems, and the man himself allows the bitching because it really does not hurt anyone - as long as dissension does not become violent.

Is your nation at peace by those definitions of the word?
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.