[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they feel the need to reboot Batgirl mid New 52? Most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: bruce-timm-batgirl.jpg (123 KB, 549x703) Image search: [Google]
bruce-timm-batgirl.jpg
123 KB, 549x703
Why did they feel the need to reboot Batgirl mid New 52? Most reviews for Burnside I see feel its too dumbed down and favor the more edgy, empowering and witty Barbara that kicked off her New 52 series.

And judging by the preview of her first Rebirth issue, they may be sticking in that direction.

Thoughts?
>>
Being Oracle is shit you're absolutely worthless if all you do is sit in a wheel chair and give Batman Moral Support
>>
>>83885430
>empowering and witty Barbara

Seriously? You're joking, right? Gail Simone's Barbara was acting like a depressed 40 year-old moping around. There was nothing empowering about that run, and it certainly wasn't "witty".
>>
>>83885430
Doyle became editor and made her into the red haired college girl most people know Batgirl as.
A slightly more annoying in a how-do-you-do-fellow-kids kind of way, but still red haired, upbeat, and in college.
>>
>>83885430

Gail Simone's Batgirl run was horrifying, 0/10 month after month. It had to go.
>>
>>83886063
Depressed but recovering, and relearning how to be Batgirl again. She was also facing real villains other than social media trolls IRL.

Though I'm interested in your reasoning for prefering the reboot.

>>83885626
I did say New 52, didnt I??
>>
>>83885430

Didn't we have this thread two days ago?
>>
>>83885430
Even Gail Simone wanted to lighten Batgirl up but editorial wouldn't let her

nobody wants grimdark depressed miserable Batgirl

Burnside stuff might have gone a little too far in the other direction but it was much preferable
>>
>hating Cameron Stewart run
Your /pol/ is showing
>>
>>83887758

Cameron Stewart was easily the weakest link during that run.
>>
Burnside Batgirl isn't as bad as a lot of people say.

It IS fucking cringe-inducing from the start and for a long time, but the last five or six issues are actually really good as they made things more dangerous and stopped focusing on the annoying supporting cast and social stuff.

Plus the cheesecake is amazing.
>>
>>83887853

>but the last five or six issues are actually really good as they made things more dangerous and stopped focusing on the annoying supporting cast and social stuff.

You mean when Luke showed up and we had a lot of dumb plots that went nowhere? Fuck no.

The only good arc the run ever had was the first one dealing with the Oracle shit, and that because it seemed to be planned. The rest of the arcs went nowhere and were full of cringe indulcing shit.
>>
>>83887853
Other way around anon, the first arc was better than what came after it
>>
>>83888075
> the issue with Dick.

Why are you making me remember anon? WHY?!
>>
>>83885430
I haven't seen this flavor of shitposting for a while. I wonder what made it die down.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.