[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't get to read this, how was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
Didn't get to read this, how was it?
>>
Very straightforward for Morrison, plenty of historical nods, an accurate understanding of BDSM, Etta Candy is best girl, and Steve is black now.
>>
>>83881112
My dick liked it.
>>
>>83881112

Forgettable.
>>
Pretty fapworthy for a feminist comic.
>>
Ya know how girls are actually just as petty and violent as men are but feminist scream "If women were in control there would be no more wars blahblahblah"? Well this story is about Wonder Woman backing up that claim.
>>
File: Wonder Woman - Earth One v1-019.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman - Earth One v1-019.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Best WW story ever written.

>>83881183
No kidding. Mine too.

There has never been a sexier Diana.
>>
What's wrong with her face? Did someone punch her?
>>
>>83881112
I lovingly submitted/10
>>
>>83881758
lipstick
>>
>>83881696
this is some solid strawmanning
>>
>>83881112
It's okay
>>
>>83881758
She's commenting on WW using lipstick.
>>
You can read it here...
http://viewcomic.com/wonder-woman-earth-one-v01-2016/
>>
Story time anyone? Please?
>>
>>83882196
Pages don't show up on my browser :/
>>
>>83881758
There is not any mouth in the world more sexy than that!!! Period!!
>>
>>83881817
It's true, though
not even same anon here
>>
Very nice
no real conflict though. I enjoyed it though. Strangely subdued for Grant (especially considering the subject matter)
>>
It was pretty good. Nice balanced Amazons (imperfect but not too far).

>>83882197
It's too long to storytime on a whim. Just download it. Might be on viewcomic if you can't.
>>
>>83883293
seconding.
Note the first anon said WW backing it up. The rest of the Amazons very much disprove the innate nobility of woman.
>>
>>83883599
The conflict was between WW and her mom, but it felt kind of subdued. Like maybe not really developed in the first half? The resolution wasn't really that fulfilling because of it.

Still a good story though.
>>
>>83882196

Why does she constantly greet people with "Hola!"? That's Spanish. She's not Spanish.
>>
>>83884902
>Why does she constantly greet people with "Hola!"?

It's a thing that goes back to Marston.
>>
>>83883846

Yeah, basically every Amazon in the comic is a minor scumbag of some sort, with the sole exception of Diana. WW alone seems to be genuinely well-intentioned, and even she's quick to jump to conclusions.

Then again, somehow this fanatically xenophobic culture of magic lesbians flourished ridiculously for 3000 years, overtaking the real world in technology. I guess isolation is the key to success?
>>
The fat bitch was really fucking annoying, she kind of ruined it. Nothing about her was funny.
>>
>>83885154

Morrison is hellbent on preserving and honoring every golden age idea, no matter how bad.
>>
>>83881713
>Best WW story ever written.

Might be, but it was still only average at best. Art was gorgeous, amazing all the way through, but the story was just... meh. Barely any conflict, no good characters (when the best character in a WW comic is WW herself, you know you fucked up), and it's just full of hokey WW background stuff that never resonated with me or seemed even slightly plausible. The whole "amazon society" seems like it would collapse within a week into bitch-bickering, only we're told it lasted for millennia somehow. There's even the invisible plane again, and this time it's shaped like a vagina.

I guess the best credit I can give to the comic is that at least Wonder Woman was portrayed as mostly likable. That's rare, though it shouldn't be.
>>
>>83885053
they were also immortal so that probably helped
>>
>>83881112
it was the first WW comic that I ever read and I liked it
>>
>leaves her qt blond gf for a nigger

Fucking dropped
>>
>>83886305
the gf was abusive and she didn't leave her for Steve
>>
>>83881112
Forgettable, but with sexy art and page layouts.
>>
Im going to cry foul on anons saying there's little conflict. The entire story is built upon WWs conflicting views and intentions for both her mother, Amazonian, and Man's world. I completely understand if people can't get into it but I really loved how Diana resolved her issues, partly cause Im sick of people portraying her as solely a warrior.
>>
>>83886544
>the gf was abusive

Any pics of her gf abusing her?
>>
>>83887599
Not physically, emotionally. Treated WW like a prize. You weren't supposed to root for her.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.