[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only big Morrison projects I haven't read are Doom Patrol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 400x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 400x595
The only big Morrison projects I haven't read are Doom Patrol and Seven Soldiers.
I have SS, so my question is-
Is Doom Patrol better or worse than his Animal Man run?
Should I read Rachel Pollack's DP run after?
Is it a nice compliment like Milligan's Animal Man was?

I also haven't read his X-Men, but I heard it buchers Magneto so fuck it.
>>
>>83875994
I'd say better than his Animal Man run. I haven't read Rachel Pollack's run yet.
>>
>>83875994
Better than his Animal Man. I'd say avoid the Pollack run because while it does some ideas and would've been a decent alternate take/reboot, the damn run continues on from the Morrison run and shit on certain aspects by retconing shit and stuff.
>>
Less groundbreaking, more concentrated and deliberate. The conclusion is more satisfying on a reader level imo

Pollack is fun, little more disjointed and the politics are old though
>>
>>83875994
>I also haven't read his X-Men, but I heard it buchers Magneto so fuck it.

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>83875994
It only butchers Magneto if you're attached to the modern version where he's not a villain
>>
I love Magneto and don't like what Morrison did but that run is amazing and still worth reading.
>>
>>83876311
This

And it's all retconned anyways so who cares
>>
>>83876211
>she
What did xir mean by this?
>>
Well, I just ordered the Doom Patrol and X-Men omnibus's.

Hope they're good.
>>
>>83876326

even in the Morrison stuff you can just handwave it as Sublime influence

hey remember when Morrison gave a canon reason for assholes who ask why only X-Men(mutants) get hate and everyone ignores it
>>
>>83875994
>Is Doom Patrol better or worse than his Animal Man run?

Storytime of it on the board right now.

>>83870977
>>
>>83876747
>reading comics on a screen
wew lad
>>
>>83876713
>hey remember when Morrison gave a canon reason for assholes who ask why only X-Men(mutants) get hate and everyone ignores i

It's the protoplasm that sublime is right? Been awhile since I read it

I finally read some post Morrison X-Men stuff, and I love how petty Claremont was about Xorn

>Prof. X: Erik? I thought you died
>Mags: NOPE
>X: Then who's in this coffin?
>Mags: Eh who cares?
>>
>>83876641
I bought the Doom Patrol omni a week or two ago and it's pretty damn great.

Though the short space war arc is probably one of the least interesting stories I've ever read from Morrison. It just jumps from plot point to plot point with no real purpose, and that might be the joke but that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>83876641
I also just orded the Dial H Deluxe edition.
I can't stop.
>>
bruh
>>
nigger teehee
>>
>>83878873
>>83879743
BANE?
>>
>>83876083
Pollack's run is OK for the first year but becomes utterly unreadable dogshit when Ted McKeaver becomes artist (mid-storyline none the less) and the entire series for it's last year becomes unspeakable dogshit due to McKeaver's unspeakably god-awful artwork.
>>
>>83881765
yesh
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.