[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are in charge of writing a new Justice League book. However,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
You are in charge of writing a new Justice League book. However, instead of going off of popularity or power levels, you want to go off of whatever team would have the most interesting character dynamics. What 7 or so characters do you put on the team?
>>
I reach into a bag containing the names of every C-, D-, F-, and Z-List superhero and supervillain in the DCU. I pick out seven names at random and work from there.
>>
Booster gold
Guy Gardner
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Fire
Ice
Captain Atom
Elongated Man
>>
>>83875394

why do I want to get a Justice League book cancelled?
>>
>>83875547

Let's say hypothetically that Didio owes you big time and keeps it afloat for 16 issues regardless of sales.
>>
Hawkman
Hawkwoman
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Firestorm
Vixen
Atom
>>
>>83875394
>Nightwing
>Vibe
>Shazam
>Mera
>Starfire
>Guy
>Vixen

I want to see Mera on a team regardless who with because I want to see her take it incredibly seriously.
>>
>Ignoring limiting it to 7 members
>Make it JLU styled
>Two issue arcs featuring various teams of 7
>>
>>83875394
>Green Arrow
The billionaire that provides for the team. Unlike Batman, he's not out for vengeance, he just wants to be a superhero and help the world and would work better in a team setting.

>Black Canary
Shares a leadership role with Arrow, the more organized of the two.

>Supergirl
Not as popular as Superman and not as skilled as Power Girl, she joins the team to train and gather credit as a hero.

>The Flash
Wally West is a good personality for any team. You could also have a dynamic were Barry is protecting the Gem Cities while Wally is traveling around the world and universe with the Justice League.

>John Stewart
John can a serious, military minded character without feeling like a drag on the team, if written well. Plus, every team needs a token Green Lantern.

>Martian Manhunter
Powerful and extremely useful for ops missions, but also able to play the "wise-man" on a team.

>Hawkman
You can't have Green Arrow on a team without Hawkman constantly going against him at literally anything.
>>
>>83875477
>>83875648
>>83875649
>>83875740
Would read all of these.

Wish JLA had stayed decent after Johns and JLI had continued. I love it when DC teams are made out of a combination of people who aren't Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83875394
It's Justice League not Bendis' Avengers.
>>
File: 5269784.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5269784.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>83875785
All books that focus on the dynamic between members of a team rather than shit blowing up are literally Bendis?

The fuck outta here with your shit taste.
>>
>>83875394
Batman
Superman
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
The Flash
>>
>>83875785
No if it was Bendis' Justice League it would start with a member of thew team going crazy and and not being heard from for a decade.
So... Pretty much Emerald Twilight, but without the follow up on Hal's character.
>>
>>83875848
Oh and of course Justice League of America's Vibe.
>>
>>83875785
Bendis' Avengers was literally based on the odea that The Avengers should be more like the JL and have the big name heroes...
>>
>>83875740
I love Green Arrow running this team

>my feet hurt
>I lost my net arrow
>muh social justice
>I want to fuck Black Canary
>s-suck it B-Batman
>why's Hawkman so mean to me?
>why's Black Canary so problematic?
>maybe I should break up with here
>but them tits are so nice
>do Supergirl's tits feel soft or like rocks?
>would Superman hear if I "accidentally" brushed them?
>muh bow
>why doesn't Flash check his speed privilege?
>John's looking at me
>what if he wants to mug me
>or fuck Black Canary
>n-not because he's black, I'm a liberal
>if Manhunter turned into Canary and I fucked him, would it be gay?
>did I leave food for Emiko?
>>
>>83875959
>>do Supergirl's tits feel soft or like rocks?
>>would Superman hear if I "accidentally" brushed them?
>>n-not because he's black, I'm a liberal
>>if Manhunter turned into Canary and I fucked him, would it be gay?
>>did I leave food for Emiko?

10/10
>>
>>83875959
>>83875991
>do Supergirl's tits feel soft or like rocks?

Well?
>>
Apollo - The Authority
Midnighter - The Authority
1970's Wonder Woman with like no powers but sweet martial arts
Bat Man
The Flash
Aqua Man
Shazam

All lead by Apollo and Midnighter
>>
I'd like when they do something resembling the Big Seven, but mix some second-stringers in there to keep it fresh. When it's 100% not the big seven, you get those things that don't really feel like the Justice League, just some random hero team (Duffie & Robinson eras, for example). Except that's not always bad, I mean, JLI was great.

>Roster
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Raven
Hal Jordon
Wally West
Martian Manhunter
Hawkwoman
Steel
Green Arrow
>>
>>83875394
>Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
>Green Lantern (John Stewart)
>Green Lantern (Guy Gardener)
>Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
>Green Lantern (The old one with an actual Lantern)
>Green Lantern (The one with a gun and mask)
>Green Lantern (the evil Hal from another dimension or whatever the fuck)
>>
Bane
Scandal Savage
Bloodwynd
Mera
Guy Gardner
Hawkman Katar Hol
Mary Marvel
>>
>>83876911
You can just right off
>>
>>83875467
>Animal Man from 7 alternate Earths
>>
• Guy Gardner
• Batwoman
• Captain Cold
• Power Girl
• Jonah Hex
• Miss Martian
• Amazo
>>
Batman
Batgirl
Nightwing
Red Robin
Robin
Harley Quinn
Batwoman, who is overly sexual trying to seduce batgirl and harley
>>
Citizen Cold
Nightwing
Question
Someone better than me fill out the team
>>
Booster
Ted
Guy
Mera
Animal Man
Green Arrow
Adam Strange
Starfire
Ice
Fire
>>
Justice League: Outlanders

Seven heroes who were not raised in traditional human civilization and have varying degrees of experience with it.

Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Supergirl would be the headliners.

They'll be a lantern, of course. I was thinking of a Green at first, but Saint Walker and Arkillo could be good too, since this would build organically off their current status quo.

Ocean Master, because I want more characters who are still Earth natives. Maybe a robot like Red Tornado for the same reason.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.