[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me, or did anyone else realize how deeply creepy this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: hawk1280jpg-995e01_1280w.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hawk1280jpg-995e01_1280w.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
Is it just me, or did anyone else realize how deeply creepy this shit is when watching Legends of Tomorrow? I mean, Kendra is basically brainwashed into falling in love with a total stranger. Her identity and freewill is washed away in favor of sticking with the same guy she's been with for thousands of years. Stuck, in an endless cycle. Forever.

She even finds a really good guy, and develops a natural relationship with him. Something that evolves from friendship, into love. But the second that she finds Carter, all of that goes right out the window.

I can't be the only person deeply dismayed by this shit, can I?
>>
>>83875345
if you analyze it even a little bit closely, all of your 'self' in the modern sense is shit. it's all brainwashing anyway. might as well be brainwashed by something bigger than yourself, instead of just other-people
>>
Im in complete agreement.
The worst part is that they keep saying every other relationship she's in ends in heartbreak and/or death when
A:That's just basic fucking logic because of course all relationships end in either breaking up or one participant dying, like that's just how shit works when the participants are mortal
B: The Hawks never fucking grew old together because at least one of them was brutally murdered by Hath-Set early on. So it's not like their romance was any more stable. Whole thing was dumb.
>>
>>83875345
The Hawks and Vandal are the worst parts of Legends.

Of course they're the focal points too.
>>
>>83875489
I liked vandals actor, but he was wasted. Also didn't like that they tied him into their origin and he wasn't a caveman. I should finish legends one day, I think I have like 6 episodes I have to catch up on.
>>
>>83875489

Gratefully, they're all three gone in the next season and we get the Justice Society!
>>
>>83875345
most women find it romantic.
>>
>>83875489
this. so much this.

its a pity bc I was looking forward to Kendra as a character, too.
>>
Does anyone remember Wellsbard, Flash and Green Arrow being sown in the teasers of legends o Tomorrow making it seem that they will appear in the plot?
>>
>>83875397
>all of your 'self' in the modern sense is shit.
This ain't freshmen philosophy, kid
>>
>brainwashed
Something you have to understand is that Kendra doesn't truly exist, she's just a small and insignificant blip of a true Immortals life. Kendra is nothing more than a dream and dreams die in the daylight.
>>
>>83876280
Yep
>>
>her identity
Yeah of a barista, big whoop.
>freewill
She choosed that life.
>>
It didn't really seem brainwashed though. Her natural memories returned to her.

It certainly could be played in a creepy way but that's not what happened.
>>
>the characters are the worst part!
>not the writers who wrote the characters horribly
>and have been horrible across this line of shows!

Jesus man
>>
>>83876280
>>83876370

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2ff6SNmUM

Found it

>tfw when want the show promised in the teaser rather than what we got
>>
She was brainwashed into remembering her original life and the emotions that come with it. Same thing happened to the guy. Get out of here palmer
>>
>>83875345
Except you know, how Carter told her she didnt have to love him, that she hasn't in every life.
>>
>>83875345
>She even finds a really good guy, and develops a natural relationship with him.
When the Hawks are written well the good guy IS Hawkman, they develop a good relationship THEN they discover about the reincarnation and become Hawkman and Hawkwoman.
As bad as this was it's still better, as a Hawk fan, than the double character assassination Hawkman got in the DCAU just so Shayera could be with nigger lantern.
>>
>>83876585

And yet she does, in the show, literally just because the script said so.
>>
>>83876585
>how Carter told her she didnt have to love him, that she hasn't in every life.
He literally never did that and was the one to repeatedly call them fated lovers though.
>>
You might as well be with the guy who's actually gonna be there for ya.
>>
>>83876657
Yes he did retard, get off your phone when you watch the show.
>>
>>83876657
Yes he did. You are an idiot.
>>
>>83875345
I mean, do you really want Cysco to find a girlfriend? That would be kinda corny and gay. Only Caitlyn is aloud to find love, and her lovers always have to be violently killed. It's just a good dynamic
>>
>>83877590

>Cisco doesn't have a girlfriend
>>
>>83877659
Yeah, I'd rather him being endlessly cockteased by Golden Glider
>>
God the CW Hawks are shit. Then again, I wasnt a fan of LoT to begin with
>>
>>83875469
Well sure, on a long enough timeline anything will break down. The relationships weren't meant to be breaking down decades after they began though. They weren't shacking up with a mortal, living their entire life with them, and then getting butthurt when they died of old age anon.
On the other point though...I mean, I want to say that they do mention a handful of times they managed to grow old? But I couldn't say for sure.

That being said, if Vandal is to be believed, the two of them had a relationship that went well. Regardless, it's less like being brainwashed into having feelings for someone as it is having stereotypical amnesia, being cured of it and remembering that you were married and in love.
>>
>>83876280
Green Arrow did though.
>>
>>83875345
>Is it just me, or did anyone else realize how deeply creepy this shit is when watching Legends of Tomorrow? I mean, Kendra is basically brainwashed into falling in love with a total stranger.

That has always been one of the main reasons people disliked the character. It was Carter 24/7 and even when she was with Ray she said she felt like she was cheating on carter everytime she was with Ray even though when they joined the team she was still in the "I will learn these powers but fuck destiny or being a couple" phase. She was the main reason they didn't straight up murder savage in the future.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.