[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Superman have the best story titles out of all the superheroes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: superman.png (15 KB, 410x379) Image search: [Google]
superman.png
15 KB, 410x379
Does Superman have the best story titles out of all the superheroes?

>For the Man Who Has Everything...
>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
>What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?

Also, pic is my collection of Superman comics. What am I missing?
>>
I would add Superman: Peace on Earth, Loeb's Superman and Batman, and Superman / shazam : first thunder.
>>
>>83873150
I do have Peace on Earth and Superman and Batman. But I'll look for Superman/Shazam: First Thunder.

Thanks!
>>
>>83873109
>Nothing pre Crisis except for Moore
Nigger. Read Otto Binder and Elliott S Maggin right fucking now.
>>
>your filing system
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: yacreader library.png (66 KB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
yacreader library.png
66 KB, 1920x1018
>>83873656
Do they still hold up? I have a problem reading some old comics because it feels like a chore.

>>83873663
That's just my YACReader Library bro
>>
>>83873221
De nada mane. It's bratty good
>>
>>83873865
Filing by character and also then sub filing by arcs/runs/single issues is stupid.

You've got Amazing Spider-Man by Stan Lee (not Ditko?) as a folder in the same way that you have the entire Morrison Bat-Epic. Why does Animal Man get a Morrison Folder and Lemire folder, but Booster Gold gets just one with subfolders? And Black Panther v3?

Your hierarchy is inconsistent and very triggering to people with a case of the tisms.
>>
>>83874021
It depends on whether I want to start organizing my folders or not. For some characters, like Booster Gold, Aquaman or Superman I just have a folder with their name and then different runs/stories that include them.

It only says "by Stan Lee" because I thought adding "& Ditko (and also Romita later on) was too long.
>>
>>83874138
OK. When you finally do organize them you should give up on the character thing and do it by volume. So The Amazing Spider-Man is one folder and then you have Ditko/Romita/DeFalco/whoever essentially in order as the numbers increase and you don't need to mark creators at all by folder (that's what author tags can be used for).

That gets messy when you have fill-ins and hiatuses. Frank Miller's had 2 runs on Daredevil, for example, but why you would want this chunk of Daredevil in between to be separate from anything I don't know.
>>
>>83873109
Kingdom Come is essential reading
Peace on Earth
Phantom Zone by Steve Gerber
Superman/Batman: Generations by John Byrne
Superman/Batman by Loeb
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.