[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ksbd/k6bd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 10
File: WON93.jpg (867 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WON93.jpg
867 KB, 950x1229
kill six billion demons, kill them all for her edition.
>>
>>83867013
awww yes, here we go. Can't wait for the angels to bust in on this shitshow.
>>
I imagine there is nothing but retribution in store for Mottom, but it will likely come at the hands of the angels rather than from Allison. Though I personally hope Allison steps up to the plate in some immediate sense of divine violence.
>>
>>83867013
Nothing but crocodile tears. Fuck her up, Allison.
>>
Aesma and the Red Eyed King - Part 4

>Aesma was in such a great rush when she arrived at the battered iron gates of the Crucible that she made a very ungainly landing and sent the whole fortress swaying side to side. She rushed through its dreary halls, thick with the howling of the evil beings imprisoned within, and arrived with great haste at the tiny red-hot cage of the Red Eyed King.

>“I’ve come back!” gasped Aesma, out of breath.

>“What are you doing?” said the Red-Eyed King, for indeed he saw Aesma was trying to accomplish something that she seemed to greatly struggle with.

>“I’m trying to prostrate myself,” said Aesma. It took her the better part of the morning, and even then she could only manage it for five seconds at a time. But in those five seconds she said this: “I promise you that if I become your wife, I will tend to your meals, and darn your clothing, and obey your every command without question. In return, you must be my protector, guide, and counselor, and you must not lift your hand against me in violence.”

>The King mulled this offer over, and saw that there were many fine things for him to exploit, for his wicked mind was as twisted as Aesma’s, and he too could bend the world into shapes to his choosing. This was the source of his power.

>“I accept,” he said, and his evil red eyes burned every brighter. Aesma could barely contain herself, and jumped for joy, which only sent the entire fortress swaying and shaking more violently. “What should I do, oh husband of mine?” said Aesma. “Let me out of this cage,” said the Red Eyed King. So Aesma struck the cage with all her might, and bent the bars asunder with a shower of sparks. The bars were very hard and white hot, and Aesma was burned quite badly, but Aesma was so love-struck she hardly noticed.
>>
>>83867684
>“Ah, I am so weak,” whispered the Red Eyed King as Aesma carried him out of the cage. And Aesma saw that this was true, for the King’s form was charred and pitifully thin from his confinement, so that he could barely stand. She cradled him and fussed over him. “Oh what I can I do for thee, my husband?” she said, desperate for his affection. “Please make for me my favorite meal,” said the Red Eyed King.

>“Your favorite meal?” said Aesma, who hadn’t anticipated ever having to actually cook.

>“Yes,” said the Red Eyed King, and his eyes flashed with an evil glare. “It is a plum from YISUN’s private garden. I used to eat them all the time when I was free, and I crave their sweetness now. If it is thy wish to be my wife, then that is the succor I crave.”

>“Oh, that’s easy!” said Aesma, who was privately very relieved she wouldn’t have to cook, and didn’t give one thought to what the king had asked for. For the plums of YISUN’s garden could grant eternal life, and their juices nourished the flame of the body to an immense, roaring brightness, so that any who ate one would be almost impermeable to harm. Aesma dropped the Red Eyed King with very little ceremony and leapt to it, and very shortly she had returned with a glistening plum from YISUN’s garden, plump and ripe. Normally the garden was guarded by a red ten-antlered buck, who was resolute in his duty, exceedingly calm, and the most powerful fighter in the universe, for the wide trunks of the plum trees were littered with the bones of his foes. But when Aesma had arrived there and asked for a plum to please her husband, the buck had been so taken aback by the notion of Aesma submitting to marriage that he was completely stunned for a whole three seconds, which was more than enough time for Aesma to snatch a plum and leap out.
>>
>>83867701
>“Ah, excellent,” said the Red Eyed King, “Now feed it to me, wife.” And Aesma did, bit by bit. And bit by bit, the Red Eyed King fleshed out, and the char and scabs fell away from his flesh, and his wounds sealed, and he grew more and more in stature until he stood three times Aesma’s height. And Aesma saw that he was a tyrant king with night-blue skin and a wild mane of hair like a tangle of shadows, and great fangs and tusks jutting from his black lips. His nails were wicked claws, his arms were like corded iron, and his hands were large so as to easily snap men’s necks. For this reason Aesma fell in love just a little bit more.

>“Oh but husband,” said Aesma, blushing and giggling, “You are quite naked.” She was thoroughly enjoying being a wife so far.

>“Yes,” boomed the King, and gave a mighty evil laugh. “Wife, attend me!”

>“Oh what can I do for thee, my husband?” said Aesma. “Mend my clothing!” commanded the Red Eyed King, “I had one time a hauberk made from the scales of the Ur-serpent that coils beneath the ash of the world. The feathers of the screaming Roc I took for my mantle, my shield was of the tail-hide of the Leviathan that haunts the deep, and my sword was carved from the bone that is found in the heart of a World Tree.” This was all a fantastic lie, of course, for the King had never had such fine or rare clothing. And if he had been girded in such armament, so empowered by the plum he had eaten, the Gods of justice would never have had any hope at all of defeating him in battle. He would have laid such waste to the universe had never been seen before, and burnt it to a cinder, so that his red eyes could lay their baleful gaze on only smoldering ashes. This was his one and true desire, for like Aesma, he was an idiot and did not understand the true nature of Royalty.
>>
>>83867717
>Aesma, of course, did not detect his hidden intentions, for she was smitten with love. “At once, my husband!” she said, almost tearful in her joy, and strode off to gather what she could. She was so focused in her matrimonial bliss that she scarcely gave any thought to the monumental scale of the tasks she was accomplishing. First she dug until she found and tugged upon the tail of the mighty Ur-Serpent, whose body was thicker around than a city. Yanking it from the earth, she wrestled with it for three days, during which she bashed enough scales from its body for her purpose. Then she dove into the black and limitless ocean, and swam until she found the leathery and ancient Leviathan of the deep. Aesma was very bad at fighting underwater, and couldn’t hold her breath for very long, so the battle went very poorly for her at first. But very shortly, she became so fed up that she summoned a score of transcendental fist arts and rained such horrific blows upon the water around her that she beat it back for a full day, turning the bottom of the ocean into dry land for a short while. The Leviathan was very slow on land, so Aesma bludgeoned it into unconsciousness and stole it’s tail while it slept.
>>
>>83867733
>Next Aesma tracked the Roc, and clung to its back for a full week while it pecked her viciously, but she was able to pluck enough feathers to make a fine mantle. Then she rode her chariot to the edge of the universe, and fought through the howling winds, the scouring cold, and the limitless demons that poured in from the edge of existence there. And after a harrowing journey, she was able to hack out a heart-slice of the fourth World Tree that held up creation using a vorpal shard of void-ice. The tree was mighty enough to withstand its mutilation, and it recovered in time. But until that time it was injured enough to bow, just a little, so for a while an entire corner of the universe sagged quite terribly. This caused great consternation in YISUN’s speaking house and among the multitudes of star-gazers, astronomers, sorcerers, and techno-saints that measured such things, but Aesma was scarcely aware of this. In a fervor, she fled to Koss’s workshop and stole his lesser chisel when he wasn’t looking. Then she crouched over a public hearth for a full week and banged her husband’s armaments into shape.

>When Aesma returned, she was truly a terrible sight. Her skin was puckered and swollen from the venom of the world serpent, she was frost burned from her trip to the edge of the world, and she was bitten and punctured all over from her great battle. But she was beaming, for she was still terribly lovesick, and in her arms she had a great hauberk of shimmering dark scales, a glorious feather-mantle, a mighty hide shield, and a white and curved sword carved from the iron-hard heartwood of the world tree.

>“Here is your armament, O husband,” she said, out of breath and beaming with joy. “This is a sword that will cut thirty six ways at once!”

>The king was greatly pleased at the gullibility of this poor fool, and he donned his impermeable garb.

>“Oh what else can I do for thee, my husband?” said Aesma, totally consumed with love.
>>
I can't imagine Allison taking the offer but perhaps something forces her hand enough to take some of it, though not all.

Prolly the angels or party crashers.
>>
>>83867751
>“I am not thy husband yet,” said the satisfied King. “I think it is time for my return to the surface world. Who are the sorry fools that sent thee?”

>“Oh yes, I almost forgot!” said Aesma, prancing about in joy, “Will you return to the Temple of the Disc of the Sun with me and join me in marriage? We can have a massive wedding ceremony and I’ll invite everyone in YISUN’s speaking house to attend. No, everyone in creation! We can have drinking, and dancing, and fighting, and fighting and dancing, and afterwards I can build us a great big house and we can have lots of magnificent and gigantic children!”

>“Yes, let us attend this ceremony,” said the King. “Make of thee a beast I can mount and we will be there promptly.” And Aesma did. She turned herself into a massive black beast with wings of the darkling sky and talons the size of a man. And the king sat astride her back and rode her out of the pit, his red eyes flashing the entire way.

I hope they get married and live happily ever after.
>>
>>83867358
>Allison takes everything
>including Mottom's key
>the whole kingdom is now her demesne, and she is aware of everything inside it
>including the angels coming for her
>uses her power to disguise herself as mottom and mottom as herself
>mottom suffers the fate meant for Allison, it takes ages for anyone to find out because holy shit, two keys were used to make this perfect disguise
>>
>>83867013
KISS HER
>>
>>83867013
BLOW IT UP!
>>
>>83867013
GIVE HER THE CHAIR
>>
I honestly don't remember where her 'boyfriend' even is.
>>
i want cio to have mottom's key
>>
>>83868200
come to think of it, has it been mentioned anywhere that people can't use their key's to kill themself?
>>
Wheel her
>>
If somebody told me I had some godly super-weapon lodged in my forehead, and I saw this sick shit, I'd be learning awfully quick how to use it. Hell, I'd have ousting this witch on my mind after that little gardening act in the throne room.

I'm sure somewhere inbetween the vomiting, tears, and vicious supernatural kung-fu assbeatings (inflicted on me), I'd get the hang of it. If I didn't die, or get turned into something suitable mouthless and unable to scream. What I'm saying is, 2 Michael and 6 Juggernauts' plan is sounding more appealing by the moment .
>>
>>83867013
>Life as a 20 y/o virgin will never be this interesting IRL
>>
>Ah, yes. Solomon David. You still think you're the hero. Ha! Ha!
>I know you are the same as I.
>Waiting around.
>For HIS blade to be driven through our guts.
>>
>>83868556
>Wanting to hand throne back to those fucking losers
>Becoming their puppet king and ruling over fucking nothing

Assuming you took out Mottom beforehand, you've now got the power of 888,888 Keys of Kings at your disposal, Juggs and Micky ain't shit if you've got the balls to go nuts, so why would you settle for their plan and not try to conquer the universe and usher in your own dominion?
>>
>>83869095
777,777 keys
>>
>>83869135
The one in her head has all 777,777 names and Mottom has 111,111, so the total is 888,888.
>>
>>83869272
Each key besides Allison's coincides with only one name of god. I don't know if Abaddon has established that names can be brought together.
>>
>>83869272
She actually only has one name. It's probably one of the better ones but other than alison's key it's just one name one gate. They probably have the other keys around but unless they've fused them it's only one name.
>>
>The fruit is working less and less, and it's the only thing keeping me alive!
Why is she trying to say alive? Suicide is the opt out button for shit lives. Or is she afraid she'll turn into a tree?
>>
>>83869095

That's not how it works. Allison's Key of the King of All Kings resonates with all of the names of god, while the lesser keys resonate with only one each. The 777,777 lesser keys have been divided evenly amongst the Seven, so yes, Mottom holds 111,111 keys. However, God still only has 777,777 names. Stealing Mottom's key would get Allison nothing except another way to access a seventh of the power she already possesses.
>>
>>83869326

Probably because if she does, Jagganoth will go hog-wild and then it's goodbye multiverse.
>>
>You could be unstoppable!
Is this the situation where we say "Filth please"?
She has several hundred years to fix her problems. She could even have converged with the undead faction for a solution.
Instead she has no ambition.
>>
>>83869326
Have you ever thought about your own death?
Deep down no one wants to die no matter how horrible their lives are, suicide is something you can only do if you are mentally unhealthy, if you're mentally sound there's no way that you can take your own life, begging someone else for death is the best you can do.

Asking someone else to kill you is possible because you have no control over it, your deep will to live won't get in the way of someone else killing you
>>
>>83869135
>>83869313
>>83869317
>>83869353
OK that makes sense, so instead of more names she has spare access to the names. Now what I'm wondering is, how many can 1 person use at a time and if she and if someone else accessed the power of the same name at the same time would it have an effect the power derived from the name? I want to say that the names each have infinite power over whatever aspect of YISUN they represent, so that technically she could "double" the power of the effect of the spell or whatever from that name by having someone who has the corresponding key cast the same thing she was.
>>
>>83867013
So the other key holders either have their own form of immortalitty or not human?
>>
>>83869326
Because the absolute certainty that there is nothing beyond this life is more horrifying than she could imagine, especially if it means everything she did up to that point has been utterly meaningless and therefore completely invalidating her entire existence.
>>
>>83869326
Humans don't reincarnate or whatever, so she's probably scared of not existing anymore. (i'm pretty sure she's human)
>>
>>83869436
>Q
>Given that the flames of true royalty are powerful enough to lay waste to armies, rend the land asunder, and - quite importantly - bring black rains, is the reason Mottom and Jagganoth's flesh is decayed while the Solomon and Incubus's flesh is not a result of the way and frequency in which their power is used?
>A
>Each demiurge has figured out their own way to laugh at death. Some are more corrosive than others.
>>
Wow, this is Goblins tier IMMA SAD writting.

At least the art is good.
>>
JUST FUCK ALREADY YOU TWO
>>
>>83869439
>especially if it means everything she did up to that point has been utterly meaningless and therefore completely invalidating her entire existence
but that would mean her life is meaningless right now too. She's living for nothing because it'll all be invalidated on death, which I would assume will happen eventually if she forfeits everything to Alice. Hell, it'll happen anyway if she doesn't since the fruit isn't working anymore. If death renders life meaningless, then death isn't what is to be feared, it's living.
>>
>>83868085
Currently with Mammon, the greedy banker Servant demiurge.
>>
>>83869395
Whether or not a rational mind can willingly commit suicide, being overburdened by stress will induce mental unhealth anyway. Mottom most certainly is not a mentally sound person at this point
>>
>>83867771
I think in the end Aesma fucks it up for the Red Eyed King, it's in her nature.
>>
>>83869439
I'd like to think the finality of it is comforting. There's no more trials, no more opportunities for suffering, you can never come to regret your deeds, you can't even gaze upon the world left behind. There's just nothing. You can simply stop being, as if nothing ever was.
>>
>>83867013
I thought she was just apathetic about her situation and the horrors she's commited because fate, but it really has taken a toll on her. It's great
>>
I still don't get why she fed the tree
>>
>>83869719
I like to think that she didn't start until she got older and had finally gotten tired of hearing it, so she decided to try satisfying it to get it to shut up. Then after a while curiosity got the better of her and she ate some fruit to see what it did and discovered that it made her young again. Now she keeps it fed because of her crippling fear of death and the complete invalidation of her suffering and actions that would result.
>>
This arc has note been at the fever-high pitch of quality that stuff like 82 first confronting Juggernaut Star was, but it's okay. I think Abaddon is becoming more confident in handling and giving Allison some character.

This twist with Mottom, it doesn't do a lot for me. I think that - probably - it could have been covered in a vignette or aside about one of the fallen demiurges. Is this enough to make her sympathetic? Not really. And as a reader, I'm fundamentally on the side of a demiurge who embraces their glory and terror and makes for a good dramatic villain. No matter how things pace out with Mottom from here, it feels like the payoff is reduced some now.
>>
It's weird that young Mottom is the sympathetic and afraid one and old Mottom is the head-exploding taunting one. There's a character shift based on how old she looks. Is it just because she feels more secure?
>>
>>83869757
I wonder if he can tell pig blood from human blood as a tree.
>>
>>83869836
I noticed that too. There is a big shift in behaviour between young Bottom and old Bottom.
>>
>>83869925
>young Bottom and old Bottom

Goddammit phone
>>
It's safe to say Mottom is the demiurge to care the least for her position with her hating every part of it
I cannot wait until we see how Mammon is, hopefully a Scrooge type character
>>
>>83869836
It's because the reader is more sympathetic to pretty girls than shriveled raisins
>>
Why don't she just go to one of her worlds close that gate and shill?

With out the masterkey no of the others could have entered, so she could have done this the whole time before they learned about Allison
>>
>>83870204
>b-b-but muh court!
I honestly don't get why she couldn't just went all PERISH on everyone's ass.
>>
>>83870171
But raisin-mottom is cool as heck.
>>
>>83870204
I think it's because of Jagganoth, she knows he will tear up the multiverse and only the remaining 6 demiurges can stop him. Her believe in fate keeps her from neglecting that which she believes to be her responsibilities
>>
>>83870233
I think one of the comic's major faults is that it doesn't really know how to handle the titanic power scale it implies. Like the demiurges are supposed to be planet crunchers and universe throttlers on their own, but then oh no, there are people I depend on!
>>
>>83869410
1 Key = 1 Name, except for Allison who has all 777, 777 names in her 1 key.

All 777, 777 keys were divided between each Demiurge; some of the keys are handed out to loyal followers, apparently, seeing as how Cio managed to steal one once. Apart from that, who knows where all the other keys are. Maybe they're all merged into one master key for 1/7th of the universe in the Demiurge's head; it's not like it works by normal physical properties, after all.

The keys simply make it easier for what someone wants to happen to, well, happen. The act of Division (transporting between dimensions), for example, is pretty hard and not all the current Demiurges could be capable of it. Allison can do it easily once she put her mind to it, and she has nowhere near the amount of will or ability as the Demiurges. That's the key working its magic. So having 111, 111 keys acting all together means having 1/7th of all the gods in Throne acting together with you.
>>
>>83870204
The ones who can do Division could enter it. Jagganoth is most certainly one of the prime candidates for Demiurges remaining who can do it. Solomon also seems like a likely choice. So while Jagganoth would destroy her eventually, especially since without her the other 5 Demiurges wouldn't be able to hold him back (her words; some of the others might think they'd do just fine anyway), Solomon might see fit to invade the domain of a queen who has abandoned all responsibilities. Hell, who knows. Maybe Incubus would join in on the action too. Gog-Agog might as well tag along if everyone else is doing it.
>>
>>83870171
I hope it's a little more complex and reflective of the character than that.
>>
File: California Raisin.jpg (82 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
California Raisin.jpg
82 KB, 600x534
>>83870171
>Do you truly know how old I am? HAVE YOU HEEEEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPE VINE!?
>>
>>83870313
Mottom is apparently the 2nd weakest out of the 7, though. And she's the one who seems to have the shittiest method for immortality.

Though, you know, nothing implies she couldn't lay waste to vast swathes of land, anon. The Guilds are simply quite the powerful force in Throne too. Hastet got killed from getting stabbed in the eye. For as much destruction as Mottom could possibly wreak, she's still probably susceptible to dying from getting stabbed to death.
>>
>“Oh but husband,” said Aesma, blushing and giggling, “You are quite naked.” She was thoroughly enjoying being a wife so far.

I know this guy is evil and he'll either get his comeuppance or get divorced from Aesma (which may include bludgeoning) eventually, but I'm having quite the laugh here at Aesma's little "romance".
>>
>>83870344
You can view it as an in character decision of hers too. She chooses a more relateable form to reveal her insecurities in and try to appeal to/manipulate Allison with. Her actually feeling different while looking younger would be kind of blunt with the character metaphor, and pretty bizarre besides. But the world IS bizzare, so who knows
>>
>>83870405
i was waiting for a post like this to happen one day
>>
>>83870395
>I know this guy is evil and he'll either get his comeuppance or get divorced from Aesma (which may include bludgeoning) eventually, but I'm having quite the laugh here at Aesma's little "romance".
No! Aesma and the Red Eyed King will get married and children and will live happily ever after!!!
>>
>>83867013
oh fuck
>>
>>83869812
you are a dumb idiot
>>
do it allison

fucking do it
>>
>>83870791
Thanks bruh
>>
>>83870373
Who's the weakest then?
>>
This feels kinda weak because Mottom could totally just BTFO all these hangers-on. She doesn't need any of this shit and she isn't protecting anybody with it.
>>
>>83871014
Mammon. Probably because he's a Servant. However, he's probably in a better position than her on account of being god of the Jews across the multiverse. He probably has quite the hold on the Guilds.

>>83871034
She could, but also consider the fact that they might seek to collude with her fellow Demiurges in their plots against her.
>>
>>83870233

Well in addition to the fact that it's probably totally possible for them to murder her (that's how she got her keys, after all) she also needs them to run shit for her. The guilds are her empire's infrastructure and local governance. Without them, she would be considerably weakened; which might tempt Solomon David or another of the Seven to make a play for her empire. And then without six united against Jagganoth, it's goodbye multiverse.
>>
>>83869932
Sure it was phone, you nasty nasty anon.
>>
is a representative democracy just an alien concept do these fucking people
>>
>>83869464
exactly, her husband turned into a tree after he lost his key, shes afraid death isn't an escape.
>>
>>83868382
GOD WHEELS IT!
>>
>>83869518
The thing is that I'M SAD they are presented as sincere. Mottom has had thousands of years to be full of shit.
>>
>>83871319
The Conquering King was not voted in to office, he conquered his way in.
>>
>>83867013
>allison falls ass backwards into a fight against the seven mad conquerors of the universe
>they are so mad, twisted and corrupt that they rather have her take the power away from them than actually fight her

there is a strange sense of poetry there, i love it
>>
>>83871319
>>83871887
He was also the one who created the keys and handed them out to everyone else.

Since the original Demiurges weren't so power hungry originally, they probably didn't mind electing him as leader, like Yisun was by all the other gods (whom they were probably trying to mirror).
>>
>>83870171
>>83869836
The whole dang audience that Mottom's had with Alison has been about building a rapport with her for this. The bitch is an ancient god-queen playing chess with six other god-deities of varying fantastic powers and intellects. She's appealed to her on a lot of levels: Base in providing food and dress, character in similarities, and in character by revealing helplessness. Now this desperation is likely true, and to the chessmaster god-queen is likely not a part of the plan exactly, but she is clearly so very fuckin' tired of immortality.
>>
Mottom actually feels less intimidating than Preem Nand.
>>
>>83872275
Probably not of immortality, but of responsibility. She's certainly not "enlightened" enough to not fear death (hence why she's so scared of Jagganoth), so she just can't kill herself and let it all end. Taken another way, she may also simply fear the end of all existence itself (Hansa and the empty cave parallel here? Taking comfort in that existence will go on without you?) and simply holds on to make sure Jagganoth can still be held back?

>>83872302
Well, Preem Nand is a selfish guy who willingly let in a devil to corrupt his flame for more power. Mottom rose up because of desperation and a desire to live.
>>
>>83869395
>suicide is something you can only do if you are mentally unhealthy
Nah.

If your life sucks and there is nothing you can do to improve your life, suicide seems rational. Like, you don't say terminal patients asking for euthanasia are making an irrational choice: it will happen either way, they can just make the journey suck less.
>>
>>83869565
>her life is meaningless right now too
No, because she is alive right now. Meaning mustn't be teleological granted.
>>
>>83869326
She might be afraid she'll become something gross, like her husband. Maybe Allison can take away the powers that make the demiurges nigh-unkillable.
>>
>>83871077
Servants aren't inherently weaker, they are just less likely to climb the ladder because they lack the ambition of humans and demons.
>>
>>83872765
Did I ever imply otherwise?

Though you got one thing wrong. Servants are just plain unable to reach the same heights of powers humans are capable of. Who knows whether or not they're more or less likely to "climb up the ladder", but for sure, they can't go up as high as humans.
>>
>>83872765
Demons lack the shell needed to truely become strong.
The stronger they become, the more names they shed, and once they have non, they start becoming formless blobs(slowly)
That might also be why they want to guard they true bloody Name, so they are resealed on last name, and their name new is used to become stronger, adding layers of old True Names.
>>
File: ksbd43r.jpg (654 KB, 850x1095) Image search: [Google]
ksbd43r.jpg
654 KB, 850x1095
>>83872794
>they can't go up as high as humans.
Maybe not Zoss. But some of the original demiurges were Servants. Below Zoss and Jaggonoth + feathers, that's the highest powerlevel for a mortal, mang. See pic.

And we do know that Servants tend to have stricter mindsets, usually tending to gravitate towards racially prescribed functions.

Humans have a greater variety of cultures and their desires are more intense (their fire is hotter).

This is all cannon.
>>
>>83871975
>they probably didn't mind electing him as leader, like Yisun was by all the other gods
election implies some kind of power given by the voters, i would think. yisun is already maximum powerful.
>>
>>83872873
Ebons are some of the strongest critters. But it seems like an hard limit, that only Himself managed to cross.
>>
>>83872950
It's completely canon that Servants can't achieve the same heights of powers as humans. Why does it matter when some can become Demiurges? I never insinuated they couldn't.
>>
>>83873068
No, it's canon that they tend to have weaker will and lower potential for power. There are exceptions like Mammon. One of the original Servant demiurges would've been stronger than any of the human demiurges alive today, except Jagganoth and that's because he was blessed by Metatron.

Seriously study the lore. Humans just have hotter flames (they also burn faster, meaning they grow hold and die by themselves).

In general, humans and servants can do all the same things, except Servants would rather not and they aren't true mortals.
>>
>>83873068
Literally from the Man:
>Servants and humans can all do the same things, the difference is primarily that servants are immortal unless killed, and humans naturally age and die. Servants also are bound by their proclivity for whatever their race was forged for, so humans tend to have a stronger will and potential for power.
http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/130658298930/what-can-humans-do-that-servants-cannot
>>
>>83873354
>and lower potential for power.
Yes? That's what I've been saying this entire time.

No, Mammon is not an exception. And when I say that, I mean nothing has stated that he's an exception. Remember that many of the original Demiurges had already died by the start of the first war. Mammon being one of the strongest remaining Demiurges doesn't mean as much when most of the strongest Demiurges had already died out.

>One of the original Servant demiurges would've been stronger than any of the human demiurges alive today
What do you even mean by this? Mammon is actually the weakest out of the 7, all human (except for Gog-Agog, who was always worms; possibly a Servant herself, but that doesn't invalidate anything I said about Demiurges not being able to reach the potential of humans).

>Seriously study the lore. Humans just have hotter flames (they also burn faster, meaning they grow hold and die by themselves).
The kind of flame they have is irrelevant here. The difference in their potentials is a result of how they were made, with Servants being born with their skills and an eternal lifespan while humans have limited lifespans and nothing else given to them but their own minds and bodies.

Himself, for example, is much stronger than any Angel (forgot how he compares to Metatron) because he self-actualized into existence while all Angels are bound by the Law.

>>83873537
Why are there people like you who think I was saying differently? What about my words made you think this? It's right there, humans have a better potential for power. Adding to that:
>A: Mammon is indeed, he’s of a race called the Kind People who you may have seen around throne (the four legged bug looking dudes). Servants are indeed the white flame’s equivalent to humans. They have less potential for crazy power but are usually more skilled and tough than humans, so plenty of them made fine demiurges.
>They have less potential for crazy power
They have a lower power ceiling.
>>
>>83873354
>>83873661
>In general, humans and servants can do all the same things, except Servants would rather not and they aren't true mortals.
So to conclude, it's not that humans and Servants can do the same thing, it's just that Servants are initially more skilled while humans have more potential. They have different capacities.
>>
I feel like there are at least shouting the exact same thing at each other with slightly different inflections and not realizing it.
>>
>>83873811
>At least two people

Lost a few words there.
>>
>>83873537
So I guess a Servant would be stronger than a human doing shit it was made to do, but in every other situation a human can probably exceed it? Guess that explains why Mammon ain't exactly the best, considering his race is supposed to be servants and he's acting as a leader.
>>
>>83873811
I had that feeling too, but this guy made me think otherwise
>>83872950
He was trying to refute my point of saying Servants can't go up as high as humans by citing Zoss for some reason and that some of the original Demiurges were Servants. Can't see how that's relevant at all.
>>
>>83868556
>Ousting the witch.
>Not using the key to continually create more and more horrific conditions for her as a punishment, multiplying her misery a thousandfold, for all the multiverse to see.

Not fit for royalty, are you?
>>
>>83873661
original servant demiurges. the original demiurges were powerful enough to get into throne without keys,
>>
>>83870499
There's a song that was popular on the radio over in the States for a while. I think the name of the band is "The Weeknd" or something dumb like that. One of the lines is "when I'm fucked up, that's the real me, baby".

I've brought this song up in these threads before. Addiction can be awful, even if you're just addicted to youth.
>>
>>83867013

Stop her, Allison.

It's a mercy, at this point, for her and for her victims, and for the whole world, really.

Make her stop. She'd begging you.
>>
>>83870395
>Aesma's little "romance".

It is hilarious and awful, like much of Aesma's doings.
>>
File: Bloodborne fan comic.png (987 KB, 1280x876) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne fan comic.png
987 KB, 1280x876
>>83868382
>>83871707
>>
>>83872689
Doesn't matter how it seems, a mentally healthy person can't kill themselves, because you have a deep, powerful, totally irrational urge to go on living, backed by four billion years of your genetic ancestry having chosen to do so
>>
>>83868665
Obviously you live in the wrong universe.
>>
>>83869326
She's a fucking coward, as Allison said a few pages ago. She's a selfish little cunt who constantly make excuses for herself and commits atrocities for her own benefit while rationalizing it away as someone else's fault. Hopefully someone tortures the shit out of her before she dies, because I doubt Allison will.
>>
>>83869395
>if you're mentally sound there's no way that you can take your own life

If you're mentally sound and given the choice between passing away of old age or murdering dozens of young girls you can DEFINITELY choose the former.
>>
>>83870313
>I think one of the comic's major faults is that it doesn't really know how to handle the titanic power scale it implies.

This has been all over the place. To be fair, it's kind of a problem with mythology in general.
>>
>>83875658
She doesn't make excuses for herself, though. What she said were reasons for why she became the way she is now. It's the same reason why people thought bullies must have a hard family life or that children raised by single parents and not two aren't as emotionally fulfilled. People are changed by their experiences, and Mottom merely shared the experiences that shaped her into the person she is now.
>>
>>83875881
She has no ambition. She isn't even trying to solve her problems.
Murder husband? Check
Just eat his corpse fruits? Check
Then reallying 100% on said corpse fruit? Check
Afraid of turning into a tree on suicide: Check
>>
>>83867771
>Make of thee a beast I can mount
Not wasting time, I see.
>>
>>83876059
Why would she be afraid of turning into a tree? To be like her husband?

I imagine what happened to him is that his shade got bound to the physical matter of the garden or something. That's not really life anyway. If anything, Mottom's probably just scared of dying. Hence the corpse fruit. Mottom may be a queen, but that doesn't mean she's suited for delving into the mysteries of existence to find her own method of immortality, especially since none of the old Demiurges ever found one or possibly even bothered to look for it (Zoss being the latter, as he didn't need it in the end). It's nonsensical to fault her for clinging to life the only way she knows how to.

She murdered her husband, got his key, and ruled his empire in his stead. Badaboom. It's not like her empire descended into the state it is today from that instant. The war happened and the super mafia was created. Her subjects became criminals and tyrants just like her, and they lived generations like that where the corrupt replaced the corrupt. Many of the Angels have given up on Throne because of this rampant corruption. There's no hope of redeeming her empire without first destroying it and rebuilding it, but there's no way that's possible when the other Demiurges are there too.
>>
>>83876187
Aesma's a randy girl up for anything.
>>
Okay, I think I see how this is going. Well not this specific chapter, but Alice is going to collect all the keys, which will make her strong enough to fight Jagganoth and most likely fight and kill Metatron 1.
>>
>>83876976
She doesn't actually need the other keys, though. Her key already coincides with the wills of all the gods. Mottom's just offering Allison her empire along with her tree-husband.
>>
>>83867013
Yes, that sounds like a great offer. Clearly, any reasonable person would want those problems.
>>
Does this comic do anything with being online that'll make reading it in trade suffer?
>>
>>83877027
Though you have to remember that Mottom expects Alice to overthrow the other 6.

>>83877040
Missing the alt-text, I guess, that share some tidbits of the story or give setting fluff. And the text stories beneath the comic pages too, though they might be bundled up with the book.
>>
>>83877040
It doesn't do anything really inventive with the infinite canvas, but I can imagine not being written for print there might be pages or panels re-ordered in a physical copy. You've got to have your spreads on double pages after all.
>>
>>83877101
>>83877157

I just have a problem sitting and reading a webcomic in chunks and would much rather have a book. so happy a deal worked out
>>
Alright, I don't regularly follow this comic, so I'm probably missing some context here but

>Take all this shit off my hands
>It's literally ruining me, but trust me, you actually want all this
>For real tho, I can't take it anymore, but you won't be sorry

Is this nigga serious?
>>
NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
>>
>>83876187
>Not wasting time, I see.
Red Eyed King is a bad boy who isn't going to wait for marriage.
>>
>>83877227
she believes it's ally's fate to conquer it all regardless
>>
>>83876689
>It's not like her empire descended into the state it is today from that instant. The war happened and the super mafia was created. Her subjects became criminals and tyrants just like her, and they lived generations like that where the corrupt replaced the corrupt.
Hastet didn't run some kind of golden utopia. The subjects were always corrupt, the empire was always rotten.

The problem isn't that Mottom made things worse when she took power, the problem is that she failed to make things better.
>>
>>83877227
>Is this nigga serious?
Mottom knows Allison doesn't want any of this shit, but Mottom doesn't think Allison has a choice.

She's convinced fate has conspired to make Allison the successor, and that it's happening regardless of if Allison's wishes.
>>
>>83878228
>Hastet didn't run some kind of golden utopia. The subjects were always corrupt, the empire was always rotten.
You're talking in extremes. I definitely never said it was a utopia and it definitely was never as corrupt as Throne is now.

And it's not a matter of what Mottom did to make things worse, if she did at all. Throne simply became worse on its own and she was not at a level where she could impose order the way she likes. Certainly not like Solomon, who's got his entire domain locked up in his grasp.
>>
>>83869836
That was her slapping a bitch for insulting her. It's the same character.
>>
>>83878402
>Throne simply became worse on its own and she was not at a level where she could impose order the way she likes.
Who said anything about Throne? I thought we were talking about Mottom's empire?
>>
File: WoN 5-88.jpg (958 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WoN 5-88.jpg
958 KB, 950x1229
>>83878713
Mottom's empire is a part of Throne, anon. The guilds take apart each new world she opens up, the kings and queens submit to her and integrate into Throne society, then they all perpetuate the cycle.

Mottom's subjects are the people of Throne. Each world she conquers invites new slavers and pillagers into it, and they all wish for her to continue.
>>
>>83870313
So to you having power doesn't mean a thousand kings of a thousand worlds can band together with all their magic and kill you? And it's somehow out of character that she depends on the husband's fruit to keep her alive?
>>
>>83877227
Well, do note that she lead in with "PLEASE HELP ME" and not "Come on guy, you can trust me"
>>
>>83877227
A large theme of the story is that only assholes want power, and the Allison's glowing head key is the most powerful weapon in the universe, so logically Allison must be a greedy asshole for coming here.
>>
>>83871034
Not the combined might of all their armies.
>>
>>83880618
I think she could wipe them out.
But she doesn't really want this life, she got the key from her dead husband who had put the whole system in place.
She ended up a ruler and was ill-prepared for it, she's just a country girl from some mudfarm and fell on the throne.
>>
>>83881023
If she could which she probably couldn't, she would have no territory and no power and be removed promptly by the other demiurges.
>>
>>83871034
that might depend on a lot of things. thinking the power of a state is just its army is pretty simplistic.
>>
>>83878219
I think Mottom believes that Allison will become the wife to Zaid, who she believes is the Successor.
>>
>>83878850
>Mottom's empire is a part of Throne, anon.
It very specifically is not. Throne is the city in the middle of the universe where Allison meets up with 82.

The 777,777 universes, of which 111,111 make up Mottoms empire, surround the periphery of Throne. Throne itself is neutral ground, hence why the dem
iurges chose to meet up there to hold council.
>>
>>83886444
Fine, the Wheel then. But the Throne is the main hub and where all the guild activity happens. Plus where the other Demiurges have their territories staked out.

Throne is "neutral" ground, but that doesn't mean the Demiurges don't have bases on it. It's right in the map; Solomon has his "celestial hall" thing, Jadis her temple, Jagganoth his fortress, etc. Their universes are part of their territories, but their "capitals" are in Throne.

Q: What world is the capital of Gog-Agog's rotting sovereignty?
A: Gog-agog holds court in Throne, like many of the other demiurges, in the entertainment district known as Charnel.

Mottom has her summer-palace traveling around, though, and that can be considered her capital. But the activities of her people are centralized in Throne, zipping in and out through all her territories to ravage and pillage the worlds under her control.
>>
File: Bottom.gif (247 KB, 950x525) Image search: [Google]
Bottom.gif
247 KB, 950x525
>>83869637
Mammon "Donaldurge Trump" The Grand Dragon
can't wait desu

>>83869386
>>83869439
Mottom is not true royalty because she clings to something. You have to let go of everything to attain true royalty. She has at least something in her life worth living for, we have just not seen it yet.

>>83869925
>>83869932
pic related
>>
So who do you guys think reached the tea-maid first?

>>83870313
GOKU SCALE ANON, REMEBER THE GOKU SCALE!

>>83870395
>>83870565
>>83874577
Aesma is cute as fuck.
>>
File: tha reactorous pictoscribble!.png (69 KB, 144x243) Image search: [Google]
tha reactorous pictoscribble!.png
69 KB, 144x243
>In the next chapter, Aesma goes to prom. Incidentally, “Aesma goes to Prom” is known to be the title of the most disastrously destructive episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia to have ever been produced in the multiverse.

some of these comments are fucking gold
>>
>>83869812
>And as a reader, I'm fundamentally on the side of a demiurge who embraces their glory and terror and makes for a good dramatic villain
There's 6 other demiurges anon, it would be silly if they were all like that. As for her not being sympathetic, I don't think the reader is supposed to sympathize with Mottom. She's a terrible person who is a product of her experiences, the most any reasonable person should feel for her is pity.
>>
I TOTALLY feel BAD for MOTTOM.

I really SYMPATHIZE with this CHARACTER.
>>
>>83889876
Requesting an edit that combines this page with TWINKIE HOUSE HABEEB IT
>>
>>83893885
WHY are we TALKING like THIS
>>
File: Sarcasm Warning.jpg (20 KB, 225x174) Image search: [Google]
Sarcasm Warning.jpg
20 KB, 225x174
>>83894666
>>
>>83893885
You don't have to sympathize with her if you don't want to, you know.

Abbadon isn't making it a point to show that the demiurge aren't horrible, just trying to show that they're nonetheless people.
>>
>>83893885
I honestly do feel bad for Mottom, and I do sympathize with her.

No sarcasm, no bullshit.

Having said that, she absolutely deserves what's coming to her, and it's going to be satisfying watching it happen.
>>
So reading back through the start, what doesn't make sense is, why was Zoss running from the Thorns? Shouldn't he be more than strong enough to fight all those Thorns, yet Juggernaut knocked his head off (it didn't kill him of course, but still)
>>
>>83894666

>Ohshit, Satan's here.

Uh, nothin's goin on, no reason, Oh Lord of All Darkness.
>>
File: Zoss_is_Boss.png (515 KB, 445x617) Image search: [Google]
Zoss_is_Boss.png
515 KB, 445x617
>>83895507
>why was Zoss running from the Thorns?

I figure Zoss decided to give his key to Allison, got all gussied up to head out to her place, and got jacked by Juggy and His Boys on the way.

Cosmic Grampa fought his way through all that shit, and then Juggs and company ambushed him as he was making the handoff.

I figure Zoss had risen above causality even before this happened, so he just rolled with it when Juggs lopped his head off, decided to try out the whole 'being dead' angle.

Zoss is Boss
>>
>>83895507
>So reading back through the start, what doesn't make sense is, why was Zoss running from the Thorns?
My guess? He's tired of this shit and wanted someone to take his burden from him.

Same as Mottom, but more insistent
>>
>>83895615
I doubt that, I mean, we don't know much about Zoss but I feel like he's not a bitch like the other Demiurges, I imagine he was handing off hte key because Throne needed a new king, since it was stagnating and rotting under it's current reign, and for some reason Alison was the ideal candidate for his power.
>>
>>83895507
He wasn't running from the Thorns necessarily, he was just looking for a successor after the Seven rose up and pushed his shit in. The Thorns tried to intercept and claim his key but well, we saw how that worked out.
>>
>>83895749
But the Seven pushed his shit in ages ago. Does that mean hes just been running around searching for Allison?
>>
>>83895836
>the Seven pushed his shit in ages ago
That's never been stated I'm pretty sure. Zoss fucked off but we don't know why. Zoss could wipe the floor with all 7 and a hundred more, Abbadon's said.
>>
>>83895836
I thought he was one of the Seven.
>>
>>83895749
>>83895836
They didn't even beat him, he just left in the middle of it.
>>
>>83895919
>Yeah this rebellion is poppin' and all but I'mma go reach enlightenment. Maybe bust a move on causality, ya feel?
>>
>>83895909
>Comparing Big Papa Pimping Boss "Give them hoes the ball sauce" Zoss to them carrion birds
>>
>>83895615
>Same as Mottom, but more insistent
Same as Mottom, but without her antiquated notions of victory, which ultimately tie down the rest of the Seven from achieving true Royalty.
>>
I fucking love aesma's story.
>>
>>83896451
>I fucking love aesma's story.

Thia current one, or the first one?

I really liked the first one, but this current one is shaping up to be a real winner. :)
>>
>>83880117
Well when said power is described as "a word of God" and "Complete mastery over space and time", kinda yeah?

I don't know, maybe I'm projecting some of my own ideas onto it, but to me, when you're talking about conquering and burning UNIVERSES and raping causality, minor shit like immortality seems like something that would be already taken care of, right?
>>
>>83895584

And remember kids, Allison is Zoss' true heir.

So...

ZOSS IS BOSS

HAIL KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS
>>
>>83896825
You're not raping causality though. No one can do that. These demiurges we know now stumbled into their power by various means. None of them were there when the original demiurges broke their way into Throne. They probably can't use the keys to their full potential and only Zoss is beyond death.
>>
I WAS RAPED
>>
>>83897043
I wonder if having Zoss' key means Allison has the potential to go beyond death. If so, it would make it all the more likely she can crush the Seven and, as I expect, the angels and Thorns.
>>
>>83897043
They still have thousands of UNIVERSES at their command. Stumbled or not, their power should still be off any scale imaginable.

I suppose that's really my problem. The Seven are described as absolute, sovereign masters of all creation. I can't really grock that with "The Seven kinda suck and just sort of fell into the role of supreme overlord". It just doesn't work for me, narratively.
>>
>>83897664
I think there power is off the scale, but the scale is very small. I think the reason Mottom is controlled so much by her fear is because she has infinite power thanks to the key, but has no idea how to use it. The Seven fell to hedonism, and then depravity, and carnage, and then rot, I don't think any of them, beyond Jagganoth, have a very good grasp of their keys power, since they have been supping on the good life for so long they didn't bother to master their infinite might like Zoss did. So even if Mottom wanted to throw her weight around and put all of her court in their place, she might not know exactly how to do so.
>>
BLOWOUT SOON FELLOW ANGELS!!!
>>
>>83897043
>None of them were there when the original demiurges broke their way into Throne
Though that doesn't mean all of them are weaker than the original Demiurges. Jadis, for example, seems to have been well above the norm back when she wasn't a cripple.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.