[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worm Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Simurgh.jpg (107 KB, 793x1008) Image search: [Google]
Simurgh.jpg
107 KB, 793x1008
Can I even post this here?
>>
It's been done before.
>>
>>83862713
I didn't like when it went cosmic.
The super villain shit was just so upbeat, even when it was edgy and soul crushing, it was just fun. I can enjoy cosmic shit, but it just came in and shat all over what I was really enjoying.
>>
I hope he finishes Twig soon so we can move on to Worm 2.
I'm interested to see where exactly we would go in the story after the supreme fucking up of the entire multiverse by the end of the first one.
>>
>>83863521
Hopefully back to simple stories about socially maladjusted fucks trying to take over the world and/or the local boardwalk.
>>
>>83862713
OP, you know you have to samefag for a while if you want these kinds of threads to take off, right?
Maybe post some art?
>>
I really wanted to get into this, but the first chapters aren't written very well and that plus the setting makes it feel like a bad YA novel. I know it gets better later, but I'd like to know when, so I can keep myself motivated.
>>
>>83867067
Eventually, and I hope you like MC plot armour.
>>
>>83867067
I gave up when Uber and Leet showed up.
>>
>>83862713
The fuck is this?
>>
>>83867437
>>83867067
Stick it out at least until arc 8
>>
>>83862713
Link for those who don't know.

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
>>
>>83862713
Link for those who don't know:

https://parahumans (.) wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
>>
>>83867582

Whoops, thought it didn't go through.
>>
File: 1460317028371.jpg (46 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460317028371.jpg
46 KB, 1024x1024
Best villain. A pity his costume doesn't really look like this.
>>
>>83867656
So did he rape Dinah in his power? I kept getting that vibe, but it was never explicitly said. He used his timelines to torture his henchmen though.
>>
>>83867656
He was pretty lame thb, at the end. Lost like a bitch to a fifteen year old because he couldn't be bothered to shoot her more than once.
>>
>>83862713
>https://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents
So, wait. Is this just writing?
>>
I feel like the episodic/arc/webserial format of Wildbow's stories isn't a good fit. Worm, Pact and Twig all really suffer from having too many plot points crammed in.
>>
>>83868627
Isn't this more like a traditional book rather than a serialized story anyway? Because that's what it feels like, like what was written is a whole book that Wildbow allowed people to watch it being made.
>>
>>83868645
Worm is long enough that it can be separated into different books/arcs and still be relatively cohesive (although I also felt the last arcs to be pretty weak). Twig and Pact are all over the place though; like Wildbow's gotta come up with new stuff every update to keep readers "hooked" when I would much rather resolve current plot points.
>>
>>83868738
Well, I can't speak for Pact or Twig, but Worm's lack of resolution makes more sense once you see it as a continious, book format rather than the posts we have seen.
>>
>>83868738
That might be true with Pact, but Twig has blown Worm out of the water in terms of pacing and characters.
>>
>>83868620
yes
>>
I feel like the only thing interesting about Worm is the generally well organized powers system
>>
>>83869357
I really like the classifications. They apply to pretty much everything.

Maybe this thread would do better on /tg/?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.