[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gwenpool #3 Preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 27
File: GWENPOOL2016003-int2-1-659a0.jpg (737 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
GWENPOOL2016003-int2-1-659a0.jpg
737 KB, 900x1366
>>
File: GWENPOOL2016003-int2-2-03366.jpg (830 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
GWENPOOL2016003-int2-2-03366.jpg
830 KB, 900x1366
>>83858853
>>
File: GWENPOOL2016003-int2-3-c82eb.jpg (844 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
GWENPOOL2016003-int2-3-c82eb.jpg
844 KB, 900x1366
>>83858870
>>
File: GWENPOOL2016003-int2-4-91a19.jpg (849 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
GWENPOOL2016003-int2-4-91a19.jpg
849 KB, 900x1366
>>83858882
End
>>
>>83858853
I like how she's completely bordered by jpeg artifacts. It gives a nice retro feel.
>>
>>83858895
>MODOK is evil
I liked him as good guy in secret avengers...
>>
>>83858951
But he is a good guy. A good guy designed only for killing.
>>
>>83858895
>she goes on the Wikipedia
Fucking casual
>>
>>83858895
That's stupid. People remember shit before their first appearances because they have backstories.
>>
>>83859177
He doesn't have much detailing his past before Cap. He hasn't a pre-Cap backstory, yet.
>>
>>83859177
Yeah come on Hastings. Pull out an obscure reference or some shit. Just ask Ewing for help.
>>
>>83859177
...does Batroc have a backstory though?
>>
So /co/ is gonna stop caring about her once Gurihiru is off the book, right?
>>
>>83859289
There should still be inner logic at play.
>>
>>83859323
/co/ might but I won't
>>
>>83859323
Who is the new artist?
>>
>>83859323
Depends on who is replacing them.
>>
>>83858895

but the moment a character is created, his backstory is retconned into existence, meaning that they will have history in that universe.

This is dumb, everytime they try to use the comic book awereness gimmick they just create plotholes
>>
>>83859315
>>83859293
IIRC he does NOT have a backstory!

>>83859342
there is. He's a comic book character.
At some point he'll get his memories, but as of right now, he doesn't have them
>>
>>83859315

characters have complete backstories before they are introduced.

Even if they mention something like '' he worked for hydra once'' you can fill the void of a lifetime right there
>>
>>83859366
Irene Strychalski is doing #5
>>
>>83859323

I'm going to say yes, at least I do, the artwork is good for cute elements, but the story feels kind of meh, everything is average, it reads like a webcomic
>>
>>83859379
remember she's breaking the fourth wall: until the character actually gets his backstory, they don't have one as long as she's involved. Unless the story she is in involve said backstory.

This is the same universe where the Comics Code Authority seal can keep underwear from breaking.

>>83859411
no, they don't unless an author give them one.
>>
>>83859414
Eh, she's not that bad.
>>
>>83859382
>there is. He's a comic book character.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT INNER LOGIC IS MOTHERFUCKER?
>>
>>83859510
Fourth Wall Breaks break Inner logic, is what I'm saying
>>
>>83859472

yes they do, you just can't create a character out of nowhere and make it appear on a marvel comic.
Besides to this comes off as lazy writting to be honest, like not writting characters for the sake of making a joke.
>>
did that "cute" shitposter actually convince you guys to follow this comic?
>>
>>83859566

more like it creates plotholes that are excused by people saying ''fourth wall breaks break inner logic, anything is possible and mistakes are actually made on purpose!''
>>
>>83858882
>Why doesn't SU defend itself from /co/?
>>
>>83859584
No, the good first couple Issues did.
>>
>>83859566
That's literally the opposite of inner logic. Because in their world they are NOT comicbook characters.
>>
>>83859634
I read those. I think they're crap
>>
>>83859678
Fuck off then.
>>
>>83859678
Yes good thing we all don't think alike
>>
>>83859634
>, the good first couple Issues did.
We are talking about Gwenpool, right? Like I don't rememeber anything that funny from those two issues, I think that they did a better job on the Howard the Duck small stories
>>
>>83859579
>yes they do, you just can't create a character out of nowhere and make it appear on a marvel comic.
yes, they can and they do. It's _REALLY_ common.

Batroc started as "French Savate master hired thug". THAT was his complete backstory at the time of his first apparition.

Unlike others, while his character did develop somehow over the years, he never got a detailed backstory. We know more of his ancestors than we do of his pre-Cap days.
(there is the chance I'm wrong and Batroc's past got detailed somewhere: then Hasting made a mistake. But the underlining reason still stands)

>>83859649
Except they are... they just don't know it. Well, with exceptions(Byrne's She-Hulk, sometimes Deadpool and Loki)

Remember, they had character actively pass through panels to move faster- their world IS a comic book.
>>
>>83859678
Then feel free to not follow the comic. I enjoy Hastings Writing.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (713 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
713 KB, 600x480
>>83859315
>>83859411
>>83859472
So wait the implication is characters don't even exist outside of either what they experience on panel or what's informed.
This could be some crazy Grant Morrison tier meta shit especially if you explored the idea of someone from an existence with an unbroken continuity trapped in an existence where continuity of perception jumps from panel to panel in 22 pages at a time, at the end of which you cease to exist until the next entrance in the story and essentially everything you know not experienced within those pages is a false memory.
>>
>>83859758
>So wait the implication is characters don't even exist outside of either what they experience on panel or what's informed.
Obviously: they are comic book character.

And yes, analysing such thing would be quite interesting. I actually think somebody DID write something about that, too... Ellis, probably.
>>
>>83859819
>they are comic book character
Well yes but they don't act as such, a character when asked about their past would be written as having a past, not draw a blank. Though does this mean Gwenpool has upset the order of things? Or am I overthinking it and Hastings just wanted to have fun with that idea?
>>
>>83859745
>>83859819
>they just don't know it
Fucking exactly. Cause outside of certain characters and gags they have to rely on the logic of their world. Not everybody is Deadpool. A 4th wall break in any story doesn't mean that all bets are off.
>>
>>83859758
With Grant I think he kind of summed it up with Limbo
>>
>>83858853
Gurihiru leaves after this issue and so do I.
>>
>>83859898
It's probably Hasting wanting to have fun, but it still fits previously established effect of 4th Wall Breakers.

Hell, it even fits Spider-Ham making a giant-ass tornado by swinging his arm fast: the idea one brings a little of their own universe rules with them, affecting the immediate area

>>83859915
Deadpool breaks the 4th Wall mostly by chatting up references.

Better would be Byrne's She-Hulk for referencing how 4th Wall Breakers can simply ignore in-universe logic and rules and work by Rule Of Comics.
>>
>>83859745
>Unlike others, while his character did develop somehow over the years, he never got a detailed backstory.

Yeah but is still retarded as hell.

Just because we never read a detailed backstory about him it doesn't mean that when a character starts investigating about him his story is not going to be there, that would be the moment in which we are told about his backstory.

But somehow, he has no backstory because Gwenpool is there?

It doesn't makes sense, it makes sense that Gwenpool doesn't have a backstory, not the other guy
>>
>>83860027
>Hell, it even fits Spider-Ham making a giant-ass tornado by swinging his arm fast: the idea one brings a little of their own universe rules with them, affecting the immediate area

why? they are not in their universe anymore, toon physics should adapt to super heroe physics, unless we are talking about a reality warper or a god.
>>
>>83859758

Sounds kinda like when Morbius was fighting the newspaper strip Spider-Man
>>
File: BLC10103.jpg (32 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
BLC10103.jpg
32 KB, 752x564
So who else is going to buy the Gwenpool plush they are making?
>>
>>83860055
He doesn't have one because Gwenpool is "external", not normally part of the universe, so what usually would trigger a retcon generating a past not happens.

>>83860088
Well, everybody is a little part of their Eternity.
I guess they bring their physical rules with them to some degree.
Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man could chibi-fy even outside his universe, which should have been impossible.

>>83860167
That should have been actually printed in the newspaper strips. It would have been great.
>>
>>83860221

I won't, I'm not virgin.
>>
>>83860238
>He doesn't have one because Gwenpool is "external", not normally part of the universe, so what usually would trigger a retcon generating a past not happens.

has been explained that she is in her own universe?

that still sounds like a cop out, by that logic even the person in the costume shop would not have a past
>>
>>83860238
>He doesn't have one because Gwenpool is "external", not normally part of the universe, so what usually would trigger a retcon generating a past not happens.
That's a completely made up and arbitrary rule.
>>
>>83858951
Does he still like Maria Hill?
>>
>>83860238
>Well, everybody is a little part of their Eternity.
>I guess they bring their physical rules with them to some degree.
>Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man could chibi-fy even outside his universe, which should have been impossible.
>>>83860167

then how come that Gwenpool is not making the universe normal? That she can be near explosions withoout going deaf or getting PTSD? Making people lose their powers and act like normal real people?

See, that's what I keep saying, Gwenpool fans use all kind of mental gymnastics to try to explain how the breaking the fourth wall thing explains every plot hole while ignoring that even those explanations create more plot holes
>>
>>83860288
>>has been explained that she is in her own universe?

what do you mean?

>that still sounds like a cop out, by that logic even the person in the costume shop would not have a past

She doesn't, unless somebody wrote her one in another book.

>>83860308
It DOES explains everything and is consistent with Byrne's She-Hulk shenanigans.
Whether she can affect the 616 because she's from another universe(cfr. Spider-Ham and Cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man) or because she can break the 4th wall(cfr. Byrne's She-Hulk) isn't clear.
But she satisfies both conditions for characters to affect the Universe that way.
>>
>>83860245
Just a Gwen hating queer then?
>>
>>83860402
>It DOES explains everything and is consistent with Byrne's She-Hulk shenanigans.
>Whether she can affect the 616 because she's from another universe(cfr. Spider-Ham and Cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man) or because she can break the 4th wall(cfr. Byrne's She-Hulk) isn't clear.
>But she satisfies both conditions for characters to affect the Universe that way.

just because that happened in another comic it doesn't mean that the same logic applies here, we are talking about different characters and stories, if I have to make a ton of mental gymnastics just to understand a simple comic that means that the writter is failling hard
>>
>>83858895
>wikipedia
>not Marvel wikia
gwenpool confirmed for turbopleb
>>
>>83858870
That last panel is extremely exploitable.
>>
>>83860452

There is liking a female character then there is acting like a virgin anon.
>>
>>83860507
It's like you want her to die.
>>
>>83860238
There's no reason for this. Gwenpool should be operating on different rules than other characters. Breaking the 4th wall is her whole schtick but now the 4th wall is being somewhat acknowledge by someone who should be working on internal rules and not external.
Like, Galactus explained retcons happen because of the fluidity of time Gwenpool on the other hand would just say that retcons are retcons. Characters that aren't Gwen (or Deadpool) should be operating based on Galactus' explanation.
>>
>>83860399
>then how come that Gwenpool is not making the universe normal? That she can be near explosions withoout going deaf or getting PTSD? Making people lose their powers and act like normal real people?
Obviously there is a limit to the effect.

>See, that's what I keep saying, Gwenpool fans use all kind of mental gymnastics to try to explain how the breaking the fourth wall thing explains every plot hole while ignoring that even those explanations create more plot holes
You see, I've noticed that people who were raised on American cape comics have a really hard time to understand 4th wall breaking the in-universe rules.

Having been raised on Italian Disney comics, where people around the world know of Mickey because they read his comics and Donald can save the day by throwing a all-devouring alien outside the story, I have no problem whatsoever.

>>83860485
>f I have to make a ton of mental gymnastics just to understand a simple comic that means that the writter is failling hard
It's really simple to understand: they are comic characters, so until a writer give them a background, they don't have one.

Everything else is just fun to no-prize it in the greater scope of the whole continuity
>>
>>83860540
Why people keep referring to Deadpool? Except on references he never actually break the fourth wall like She-Hulk did!
>>
>>83860608
Okay
>>
>>83860524
I like getting laid anon, buying a gwenpool doll will reduce the posibilities of that happening often
>>
>>83860638
You're making bad choices
>>
>>83859510
remember everytime something is being retconned by a new flashback? This is why the inner logic doesn't work on a 4th wall breaker character. Because they ACT like they have a history but they don't until they are given one
>>
>>83859323
I might. Story isn't going where I thought it could.
>>
>>83860545
>Obviously there is a limit to the effect.

1. So she can have effec on a characters complete lack of backstory but having effec on her own physics is too much?

2. This people from different universes affect other universes has been stablished on Gwepool or is more of your mental gymnastics/head canon to excuse the bad writing?

>>83860545
>It's really simple to understand: they are comic characters, so until a writer give them a background, they don't have one.

bullshit, they have backstories, she is not jumping into literal comic books, she is in the MARVEL UNIVERSE.

It means that people think that they are in the real world for them.
>>
File: 85_12.jpg (323 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
85_12.jpg
323 KB, 1000x1537
>>83860678
see: >>83860540
> Because they ACT like they have a history but they don't until they are given one
That is the same with literally every fictional character. But you're right they ACT like they have history just like they ACT like they're not fictional characters.
>>
>>83860671

good choice: spending money on weed so I can get girls in the mood when they visit me.

bad choice: having a gwenpool plushie or some shit in my room like a little girl, not sexy, dick not getting wet.
>>
>>83860545
>they are comic characters, so until a writer give them a background, they don't have one.
Same with every single fictional character. Harry Potter characters are just characters in a novel but if Rowling had written someone asking about one of their childhood they wouldn't have gone "Uhhh I don't have one" cause they're characters that exist in a universe not in a vacuum
If anything if someone wanted to know about Batroc's childhood GWENPOOL SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE CLUELESS ONE.
>>
>>83860777
Why are you trying so hard to convince people that you have sex? It's having the opposite effect.
>>
>>83860856

I'm trying to convice you that buying one of those dolls would mean that you don't have it.

I have never met a guy with a nomal life that was into ''waifu dolls'' , is the waifu part and spending physical space in your house for ''her''.

and not even a sexy poster or something normal, a freaking plushie??

I'm over 20, why would I want a fucking plushie? What can you do with it? ( fuck it ? I wish, that would be at least something usefull but not even that, get a flesh light dude)
>>
>>83860727
1. I think local laws work until she actively goes against them. It would explain it.

2. I've referenced both Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man and Spider-ham doing things impossible outside their own universes.

People do, in fact, think they are real people.
But they aren't. They are comic-book characters, with all the limits of a comic book character.

>>83860834
True, but that would have needed a writer to actually write Batroc's background on the spot.
As the author didn't, Batroc doesn't have a past.
>>
>>83860911
>True
Thank you. You're full of shit Hastings. He didn't even need to make up anything and just call on Ewing for some weird obscure reference like I said in the first place.
>>
>>83860909
Okay anon, I'm going to let you know something because you seem to be taking this way to seriously. it was a joke. I'm not going to buy a Gwenpool plush. It's not even a great book, I'm dropping it when Gurihiru is off.besides I only have sex at my bosses house when her husbands away.
>>
>>83860911
>2. I've referenced both Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man and Spider-ham doing things impossible outside their own universes.

so you are just using head canon to excuse the poor writting? got it.

>>83860911
>True, but that would have needed a writer to actually write Batroc's background on the spot.
>As the author didn't, Batroc doesn't have a past.

the autor then fucked up.

again, it doesn't makes any sense that a character trying to find out about Batroc wouldn't have been able to.

He is part of a universe, the writter is just borrowing that character, not creating him our of nowhere.

That means that he should have a complete backstory if he is asked about it.

I just see it as slopy writing '' a character from the real world jumps into marvel comics! then because breaking the fourth wall rules one of the characters that was already living there has no backstory''

what? how does that makes sense?
>>
>>83861018
it's simply a different type of storytelling.

Frankly, it's the first time there is a "real" character in the 616 knowing they are real.

Technically speaking, everything goes unless we get somebody telling us otherwise.
>>
>>83861051

now who is lying about getting laid? lol
>>
>>83861072
>it's simply a different type of storytelling.
Yeah. A shitty type. Cause it makes no sense.
>>
>>83861072

Mark Millar's 1985 was about a little kid jumping into comics and comic book characters jumping outside.

>>83861072
>Technically speaking, everything goes unless we get somebody telling us otherwise.

No, anon, that's not how writting and stories go. Stories should have some sort of inner logic or things fall apart.

That reminds me of Bleach, characters used to jump all over the place and suddenly everybody knows how to fucking fly, like no explanation, they all knew all along.

Everything goes, right??
>>
>>83861076
Says the guy that had to post about his non-existent sex life three times to make himself feel better.
>>
>>83858870
Gwenpool is op. Plz nurf
>>
>>83861172
What's she gonna do once the current stat quo changes?
>>
>>83860777
>good choice: spending money on weed so I can get girls in the mood when they visit me.
Oh wait, it's you. Hi Megafag, how've you been?
>>
>>83858882
Did he ever give Cap that autograph?
>>
>>83861139
>>83861246

someone is mad and jelly that I get laid and you don't.

Again, what can an adult do with a fucking plushie? Why would I want it?

inbefore ''I didn't want it, its just a prank bro 4 posts later''
>>
>>83861137
>Mark Millar's 1985 was about a little kid jumping into comics and comic book characters jumping outside.
I kind of hate Millar and haven't read it, so I'm not commenting on it.

Does that negates something?

>No, anon, that's not how writting and stories go.
this is a NEW SITUATION(unless Millar's 1985), so unless we are told something is impossible then if it happens it means it's possible, not an error.

remember they ARE in a comic book, they just don't know it: unless a writer does write their past, they don't have it.
>>
>>83858853
when will they go back to the other artist, and people stop caring about gwenpool?
>>
>>83861327
The Judy Hopps fleshight you got doesn't count as getting laid.
>>
>>83860909
>has a flesh light
Why do you need to get laid then?
And why are you on /co/ if you hate cheap pointless merchandise?
>>
>>83861388
>>has a flesh light

I don't, because I get laid and I don't buy plushies as a 20something dude.

>>83861373

I don't know wht that is
>>
>>83861483
Sure ya don't buds.
>>
>>83861545
hey, I'm not the beta boy making plans about buying plushies as grown ass man, that says more about you, kiddo.
>>
>>83861137
s-storytime please
>>
>>83861654
Okay anon. Maybe you should just take a break, spit in your fleshlight and go to town. You'll feel better after.
>>
>>83861356
>this is a NEW SITUATION(unless Millar's 1985), so unless we are told something is impossible then if it happens it means it's possible, not an error.
When writing some things work. Some things don't. I think there's a compelling argument for why this didn't work.
>>
Easily the worst thing Marvel has ever published and thats saying a lot
>>
File: tumblr_mcqd3glIIR1riiw1do1_1280.png (243 KB, 605x411) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcqd3glIIR1riiw1do1_1280.png
243 KB, 605x411
>>83862285
Fresh hot (you)s comin through.
>>
>>83858853
Why you didn't post the cover?

>>83859981
See >>83859414
>>
>>83862285

brilliant opinion 10/10, would let him fuck my first daughter and keep a small portion of my land.
>>
File: 1455172499919.jpg (111 KB, 781x585) Image search: [Google]
1455172499919.jpg
111 KB, 781x585
>>83859323
/co/ cared about her before Gurihiru had touched her.
>>
BIG BOOTS
>>
>>83864689
>No montage of heroes who died because their pants got caught on things.

Missed opportunity.
>>
>>83865040
You can't disprove that the majority of heroes who have died were wearing pants at the time of their death
>>
So correct me if I'm wrong, but Gwenpool is basically Superboy-Prime (comic fan from the real world trapped in a comic) but used for comedic value?
>>
>>83865254
the difference is that Prime won the superpower lottery. If Gwen had awesome powers you can bet she'd be wrecking up the place too.
>>
>>83858895
First time reading any of that comic, and I'm in love. I'm going to actually read a comic for first time in 10 years.
>>
>>83865254
Pretty much, except that her only "power" is her knowledge of comic books and reliance on plot armor
>>
>>83865319
She has three backups in Howard the Duck and a story in the Gwenpool Holiday Special. All that is collected in The Unbelievable Gwenpool #0, after that just follow her solo from issue one.
>>
>>83858870
>>83858895
>>83858882

I really don't get the love for the art. It's not bad and awful, but it's quite bland and mediocre at best.
There is no shading or volume to anything. It's flat.
>>
File: url.jpg (951 KB, 1073x1650) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
951 KB, 1073x1650
>>83859510
the inner logic is that these are comic book characters, but only a few realize this
>>
File: 1458762207475.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1458762207475.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83859898
not really. even though the universe pretty much revolves around humans, it takes pretty big shake-ups of the status quo for it to care
>>
>>83867100
I didn't mean the world would come crumbling down but my logic was Gwen being from an "incompatible" existence made it so characters also act outside the universes logic. For instance if that'd been a "compatible" character Batroc would've been able to recall his life before his debut.
>>
>>83859411
But in reality, they don't. Batroc was introduced as a Cap villain, his backstory was not delved into. It hasn't been explored since. I think the idea is, he's supposed to "have" a backstory If it's relevant to the plot. if someone wanted to do some arc where something from Batroc the leaper's backstory was relevant, they would be creating it then. But Gwen broke the rules by saying there wasn't anything before his first appearance. It hadn't been written, so when she said it, Batroc had nothing to fall back on.
>>
File: master-order-and-lord-chaos[1].jpg (62 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
master-order-and-lord-chaos[1].jpg
62 KB, 600x300
>>83867155
oh, sorry, I wasn't sure what you meant by 'upset the order', as in, the abstract entity order
>>
>>83866924
>There is no shading or volume
you ah...might be colorblind
>>
File: 14629846446462.jpg (1 MB, 1987x2154) Image search: [Google]
14629846446462.jpg
1 MB, 1987x2154
gwenpool is for lewding
>>
>>83866995
Should have pointed out that he's just a crude scribble of a grinning face copypasted for four panels
>>
>>83867875
yeah but picture Loki holding that exact face for the whole scene in real time
>>
>>83867303
>kabedon intensifies
>>
>>83867285
No I just have some standards and am not fond of dogshit
>>
>>83868239
I'm just saying, there is shading and volume. If you said the shading and volume is shit, that would be your opinion, but to say there is none is just wrong
>>
>>83858882
Is it bad if I find MegaTony cute? I hope he survives
>>
>>83868331
you jinxed it
>>
>>83868456
Damn it!
I didn't have any hopes after what happened to Cecil anyway
>>
>>83867155
Thats dumb.
>>
>>83858895
So is there any reason MODOK has a Birdie mohawk?
>>
Rip off of Harley
>>
>>83866995

>>83860756
>>
File: 1464799510987-1.jpg (2 MB, 2014x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464799510987-1.jpg
2 MB, 2014x1400
>ITT: meta overdose
>>
>>83858870
>>83858882
>>83858895
I was hoping for a confession and counting on M.O.D.O.K. Not believing it, makes sense considering that she's gotten this far by M.O.D.O.K. assuming she's super badass.
>>
>>83860493

You seen the state of a lot of that place?
>>
File: And Then They Died.png (604 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
And Then They Died.png
604 KB, 500x705
The only major revelation about Batroc's personal life that I ever remember happening is his one-off daughter.
>>
>>83858870
>>83858882
Gwen "Teeny Tiny Baby Hands" Poole
>>
File: Gwenp04001-200-4ab77.jpg (192 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Gwenp04001-200-4ab77.jpg
192 KB, 900x1366
Some unlettered pages from #4.
>>
File: Gwenp04002-200-125a0.jpg (215 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Gwenp04002-200-125a0.jpg
215 KB, 900x1366
Batroc the Mentor.
>>
File: GWENPOOL2016004003-col-4b8c1.jpg (288 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
GWENPOOL2016004003-col-4b8c1.jpg
288 KB, 900x1367
Gwen's in the Carol Corps.
>>
>ITT plebs haven't read Moore's run on Supreme.
>>
>>83870528
That's so goddamn terrible.
>>
>>83870578
I know, who charges $500,000 for cleaning a costume?
>>
>>83870578
????
>>
>>83870443
You'd think he might be a little peeved at Taskmaster for that one.
>>
>>83870528
Jesus Christ Ronnie is overcharging like a motherfucker.
>>
File: Random Google Art.jpg (195 KB, 765x990) Image search: [Google]
Random Google Art.jpg
195 KB, 765x990
>>83870618

It wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't his daughter, and was just some fangirl in the vein of Joker's Daughter.
>>
Why the hell is it only 4 pages long
>>
>>83870528
She has almost the exact same taste in heroes as /co/ does.
>>
>>83870767
But no one really likes Carol Jane or Miles.
>>
File: 1461674048177.jpg (39 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1461674048177.jpg
39 KB, 500x667
>>83870528
>she ships New SpiderMarvel
Well I suppose nobody's perfect.
>>
Wait is this real? How does she know about comics?
>>
>>83870727
Probably you should read the title of the thread

>>83870806
Because her whole deal is being a comic fan from the real world that was transported in the Marvel universe
There are only 2 issue right now (plus Gwenpool 0 that contains all her few appearances before having her own series), so check it out. It's rather good
>>
>>83870528
She was somehow able to get a photo with Whor
>>
>>83870840
Yo what? I though this was Gwen Stacy
>>
>>83870870
No. It's Gwen Poole.
>>
>>83870900
Don't tell me Spider Gwen isn't Gwen Stacy either?!
>>
>>83870870
Nope, she has no (in-universe) relationship at all with Gwen Stacy, except being two blonde girls called Gwen
Neither she have an actual relationship with Deadpool, it's just that her name di Gwen Poole and her dressmaker read it wrong, thus making the costume that way

She was created because, during the "Gwen Month", all the cover of the Marvel Series had Gwen Stacy in it, usually dressed as the protagonist of the series, and the one with Deadpool was liked so much that they had her becoming an actual character
>>
File: 1441393932400.jpg (192 KB, 568x771) Image search: [Google]
1441393932400.jpg
192 KB, 568x771
>>83870913
>>
>>83870913
That one IS Gwen Stacy from another universe where her role and Peter Parker's were reversed, however I don't think she has become part of Earth-616 like Miles Morales, she is usually in her own universe
>>
>>83870919
>>83870923
All this time I've been avoiding these threads because I fucking hate Gwen Stacy and been missing out on a good comic.
>>
>>83870932
What is earth 616. Also I like spider gwens
>>
File: Shud_2ddf5f_5376666.jpg (70 KB, 780x623) Image search: [Google]
Shud_2ddf5f_5376666.jpg
70 KB, 780x623
>>83859758
>at the end of which you cease to exist until the next entrance in the story and essentially everything you know not experienced within those pages is a false memory.
So wait, doesn't that mean that Gwen now falls under the same logic? Doesn't that mean that Gwen technically has been "dying" at the end of every issue and her next appearance is simply a clone implanted with her previous memories?

Aw sheit, how far down does this rabbit hole go?
>>
>>83858853
>>83858870
>>83858882
>>83858895
Huh. Neat and cute.
I'll start checking out these books.
>>
>>83871000
616 is the main universe name, or used to be
>>
File: like fuck this.gif (311 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
like fuck this.gif
311 KB, 200x150
>>83859323
>>
Lol I just read first issue it was very funny I liked it.
>>
File: I mast.png (217 KB, 547x287) Image search: [Google]
I mast.png
217 KB, 547x287
>>83858870
>>
File: OTP.jpg (65 KB, 1061x1059) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
65 KB, 1061x1059
>>83872133
Well it's not like they weren't meant to be together.
>>
>>83872603
I'm very jealous of Batroc.
>>
bump for meta
>>
File: gwenpool process.gif (807 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool process.gif
807 KB, 494x750
>>83873075
I'm very jealous of Gwen
>>
>>83870522
This is really cute
>>
>>83870767
I bet she was a /co/ waifufag before secret wars landed her in Marvel
>>
>>83870443
It came out that Batroc comes from a long line of French heroes\criminals specialized in Savate.

Cap met his father during WW2 and there was at least another before
>>
>>83870522
I'm glad Hasting is aware that Batroc is actually a Nice And Competent Guy
>>
>>83870595
nobody: that's Ronnie's cut for Gwen's jobs
>>
>>83871250
Most important: it means her Comics Knowledge is LIMITED up to Secret Wars
>>
>>83866924
It's almost like it's nice cartoony art and not hideous tryhard capeshit art. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>83858870
>>83858882
>>83858895
I am so hyped!
>>
>>83860909
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>83871250
>>83876966

lets just leave it at ''the writting has a lot of plot holes''

We are talking about the Dr McNinja guy or some shit, random for the sake for random
>>
File: GqPYvxF.jpg (652 KB, 1200x1841) Image search: [Google]
GqPYvxF.jpg
652 KB, 1200x1841
So... I kind of liked the first couple of issues of Gwenpool, but why exactly did they make a character entirely out of one of the Purple Man's traits and cute-bubbly-blondness?

After all, Deadpool does break the fourth wall, but the way Gwenpool does it reminds me far more of this.
>>
>>83870528
Little upset that she isn't questioning Miles being in 616.
>>
>>83870528
>CSTM
What is that?
>>
>>83881087
She probably knows how he got there.

>>83881952
CuSToM CoSTuMe.
>>
>>83882007
That's quite a fee for a swimsuit, hockey pads, and some goggles.
>>
How old is Gwen? She looks 17-20 ish.
>>
>>83882094
She probably got some fancy comic material now after making some money. Unstable molecules or something.
>>
What's with the bare legs? It looks stupid.
>>
>>83882334
You look stupid.
It was designed as a bathing suit since the original cover has her in a pool.
>>
>>83882334

the whole characte is stupid, so consistency
>>
>>83882151
As old as you are
>>
>>83858937
That's just the preview images being low quality.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.