[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.newsarama.com/29782-trin ity-1-dc-september-solic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: TRINITY_Cv1.jpg (235 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
TRINITY_Cv1.jpg
235 KB, 791x1200
http://www.newsarama.com/29782-trinity-1-dc-september-solicit-all-the-other-early-solicitations.html

>TRINITY #1
>Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL
>Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
“BETTER TOGETHER” part 1! Together again for the first time! Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The core of the World's Greatest Heroes…but with a new Man of Steel, the bonds these three share will be tested and redefined by super-star writer/artist Francis Manapul. In this premiere issue, see the trio travel from Metropolis to Gotham City and beyond to learn what forces launched their heroic careers. But how will this journey of discovery lead them to a new threat?
>On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Neat.
>>
>>83857608
I wish Manapul were a better writer because he could make a turd look beautiful
>>
>>83857608
Huh, haven't reverted to Ares's old design yet?
>>
>>83857883

Yeah, he's not bad, but the books he's worked on so far have definitely been worth checking out more so for their art than their writing.
>>
>>83857608
Why does Superman need a sword?
>>
>>83859146
Thats wondys sword
>>
>>83857608
will any Wondy villain get a stab at the lime light besides Cheetah?
>>
>>83859313
tbqh she doesn't really need one either but it looks cool
>>
>>83857608
I kinda hate that they replaced Superman. Imho this really breaks the Trinity because Diana and Bruce went through so much shit with the old Clark, and this Clark went through so much shit with a different Diana and Clark.
I really really hope this is temporary.
>>
>>83859503
This is like when you're a kid and your puppy gets run over by a car and your mom tries to buy another puppy that looks the same and names it the same but it's not the same. It just makes it worse.
>>
>>83859374

If anything, I think Circe and Ares should be her biggest villains.
>>
>>83859374
Ares is there too so yes
>>
>>83859503
But they went through just as much with this Clark, they just don't remember
>>
>>83859374
Once women are not thought of as wild animals, wet, dangerous, and cat like. Then she will not resonate and the enemy of a femmanist warrior like wonderwoman.

It would be interesting to have her fight other icons of disparaging female identities. Like the old crone, fighting fate and death, since she is in strictly life.

Mostly she is the idea that a woman who may or may not like submission is not also submitting in her ethics and epistemology.

So cheetah is just stand in for everything woman are trying to shake off.

Toss out some good ideas for a icon like Wonder Woman to fight, that is not just ham fistedly slapping "manexplainers"
>>
>>83859683
Nigga people only use Cheetah because of Superfriends
Ares and Circe are second most used outside of Cheetah anywhere else
>>
>>83859607
No? The universe got reset, this guy is from the old timeline, he hasn't even met this version of Diana and Bruce.
>>
>>83859810
Nigga that is some stupid shit. Each hero is an archetype. Ares, cheetah, and Circe are each things she battles according to what she is.
>>
I still don't like this status quo. Superman doesn't know this version or Batman oand Wonder Woman nor does have any relationships in this universe.
>>
>>83859815
It didn't get reset, Manhattan messed with everyone's memories. New 52 Bruce and Pre-Flashpoint Bruce are the same person, same with Diana
>>
>>83860594

Right, the only reason why there are two Supermen is because one of them was taken from Brainiac's collected Metropolis from before the point where the New 52 timeline was created via. Barry and Manhattan's meddling.
>>
>>83859683
or people like drawings of cat women
>>
>>83859380

She needs a sword because she doesn't have a dick.

But whatever, I actually like Wonder Woman with a sword and shield.
>>
>>83860926

Yeah I see people complaining that giving her a cutting weapon like that runs counter to her original characterization but I don't give a fuck, I like the aesthetics around using simple, ancient weapons of war too much.
>>
>>83860594
>>83860646
But they are not the same person anymore than Superman and Ultraman are the same person. Personality and memories ARE who you are, and this Bruce and Diana have 95% different memories compared to their pre-Flashpoint versions.
>>
>>83861365

And neither of them have Wally's Speed Force deal to adjust those memories. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.
>>
>>83861365
>But they are not the same person anymore than Superman and Ultraman are the same person.
No, it's the same exact person. Ultraman isn't even Clark Kent.

>>83861365
>Personality and memories ARE who you are, and this Bruce and Diana have 95% different memories compared to their pre-Flashpoint versions.
And those memories still exist as evidenced by Barry and the Titans after their interactions with Wally, and then their's Diana's current story in WW.
>>
>>83860949

Yeah. Like, I don't like the idea of Diana going on a Kill Bill-esque rampage against humans with a sword. But when she's fighting monsters and aliens I like her fucking them up with a sword.

Plus I actually like her being tied to Greek Mythology in the sense that Classical Heroes are the sort of precursors to superheroes and Wonder Woman is a continuation of that but she's a modern reflection of that.

Like she's a Greek hero for the modern world. A woman who strives for love and truth but still just as badass as Herakles or Perseus.
>>
Cyborg's place in the September solicits will be determined on Monday.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/francis_manapul/ has a few sneek peeks.
>>
>>83864576
that baby look so realistic
>>
>>83864576

Sweet jesus I want to make love to that artwork and have it's wonderful watercolored babies.
>>
>>83857608
>Manupaul actually makes the gold-lined Bat look cool

STOP IN, MANUPAUL. STOP MAKING ME LIKE MEDIOCRE COSTUME ELEMENTS. YOU DID IT TO FLASH'S CHIN PATCH AND LIGHTNING SEAMS.

But yeah, great art, but I tried reading that Detective Comics run and it was boring as hell.
>>
>>83864819

Manapul and Rocafort can make fucking anything look god-tier.
>>
>>83864852
Rocafort designed Dick's Robin outfit and he's apparently the only person to not make it look like absolute shit
>>
>>83861403
It'll probably be adressed in the upcoming event that Rebirth is setting up.

>>83861365
Diana is recovering some of her Pre-Flashpoint memories though. The new Rucka run is about that
>>
It's going to be awkward when Supes brings his kid along with for adventures.
When does Wondy get her own kid?
>>
>>83865014

Ugh. Don't reminded me that in the Finch's WW run she dreamed of being pregnant with Superman's baby and that the reason she fell in love with Zeke was because she treated the baby as her own.
>>
>>83865155
God thing its all a bad memory.
>>
>>83865155
That was a Tartarus illusion, not a dream.
>>
>>83865296

The Tartarus illusion was playing with her dreams and nightmares. She wanted a baby.
>>
>>83858279
He cowrote most of the nu52 flash during his 25 issue run on the book. I'm gonna go ahead and say he was the one behind all of the highlights of the run since Bucceleto's solo writing isn't exactly stellar.
>>
>>83864576

Here are those.
>>
File: Trinity_FirstLook_Batman_Inks.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_FirstLook_Batman_Inks.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>
File: Trinity_FirstLook_Batman_Colors.jpg (137 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_FirstLook_Batman_Colors.jpg
137 KB, 640x640
>>
File: Trinity_FirstLook_WW_Pencils.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_FirstLook_WW_Pencils.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
>>
File: Trinity_FirstLook_WW_Inks.jpg (134 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_FirstLook_WW_Inks.jpg
134 KB, 640x640
>>
File: Trinity_FirstLook_WW_Colors.jpg (134 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_FirstLook_WW_Colors.jpg
134 KB, 640x640
>>
>>
>>
That's it.
>>
>>83861411 No they don't when Wally made the Titans remember him they did't remember the Pre New 52 universe just Wally's life in the new 52 it's not the same for Pre New 52 Superman since he did't have a life in the New 52 universe for someone to remember.
>>
>>83857608
Sounds great
>>
>>83869874
Although I think they should have gotten an eariler release how long ago was it revealed we were changing supermen.

Still maybe the story will turn out to work better with a few months of setup
>>
>>83857608
Thought Superman was holding the sword for a second and it looked badass.
>>
>>83857608
How long does this go for or is it an ongoing
>>
>>83860594
We don't really know exactly what the fucks going on yet
>>
>>83869909
Ongoing
>>
>>83864852
Can he make aquamans new shirt texture look good
>>
>another Batman book
>>
>>83869936
It's a supes book
Or at least the first arc is
>>
>>83868488
>>
>>83859546
>>83859503
>>
I can't believe they're still doing Superman x Wonder Woman. Or at least they still were during Final Days of Superman. I thought Johns had put the kibosh on that.

Though now that NewSupes is a corpse and OldSupes is taken she'll hopefully get back with Steve. Or she'll cuck the shit out of Lois.

>>83871464
DELETE THIS
>>
>>83871609 Well she was the only major relationship New 52 Superman had so I guess it made sense they would continue it until he died so they could officially end it there.
>>
>>83871351
>>
File: WW_Cv5_57327e683841a9.00430895.jpg (1 MB, 1244x1627) Image search: [Google]
WW_Cv5_57327e683841a9.00430895.jpg
1 MB, 1244x1627
>>83871609
How can Superman even compete?

But sadly with Rucka it's more possible that she will end up with Bruce, which is worse.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.