[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-13-21h40m23s501.png (420 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-13-21h40m23s501.png
420 KB, 640x480
What went wrong?
>>
I don't know. I didn't bother seeing it
>>
>>83856641
ditto
i dont even bother seeing GOOD movies. not in theaters.
>>
>>83856614

When I was little, I thought this character's name was "Porker Lips."
>>
>>83856614
FRUITY TOOTY
>>
>>83856730
>not in theaters.
Yeah I think the last time I bothered going to see a movie was the new Godzilla just because I wanted to hear the roar in the theater
>>
File: Rogue.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Rogue.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>
File: apocsandwich.jpg (284 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
apocsandwich.jpg
284 KB, 640x480
>>
>>83856997
>It's a little dry
>>
he literally could make matter into what ever he wanted through the movie. chose to use hand to hand fighting. wtf?
>>
>>83856997
Shop it to be limes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M
>>
>>83856614
Is Apocalypse black?
>>
File: 1465685880098.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1465685880098.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>83856945
>>
>>83859341
Yes actually.
>>
File: Charlie happens to be a expert.jpg (42 KB, 415x453) Image search: [Google]
Charlie happens to be a expert.jpg
42 KB, 415x453
>>83856614
What exactly was his motivation or goal exactly?
>>
>>83859341

he was egyptian

so that depends
>>
>>83859341
WE
>>
>>83856614
They took the character seriously.
>>
>>83857055
>does it come with bacon?
>>
>>83856614
Marvel still owns the rights to Celestials, and without them you can't tell Apoc's story right.
>>
>>83859303
>His every movement is accompanied by the sound of hydraulics while he stops to enter a soliloquy
There are no words for the sublime nature of this experience.
>>
>>83857055
For you
>>
File: spidermanapocalypse1.png (1 MB, 664x996) Image search: [Google]
spidermanapocalypse1.png
1 MB, 664x996
>>83856945
>>
Fox is what went wrong. Fuck you Bryan singer.
>>
File: tumblr_n65sheRQNt1s0fgqgo4_500.gif (2 MB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n65sheRQNt1s0fgqgo4_500.gif
2 MB, 500x256
I legit don't understand why /co/ hates that movie. It's a direct continuation of First Class and Days of Future Past (both well-loved on this board, unless that's shifted in the past year or so), and it's a fairly succinct way of telling an "Apocalypse vs X-Men" story without risking casual moviegoers by going full comic book autist.

No, it's not comic accurate, but it hit all the right beats. It was like Days of Future Past, in that way. Really, the only complaint I have is that they were pretty clearly looking at all the praise the Quicksilver scene in Days got and decided to try to top themselves. It isn't that it was bad, it's just that it was blatant obvious what they were doing, and that was kinda corny, even by X-Men standards.
>>
>>83865516

I hated the movie because AGAIN Singer's hard-on for Wolverine meant giving us a SHIT Archangel (true, the first Angel wasn't his fault).

The fact is, Archangel was supposed to be his deadliest minion that operated most like him due to sharing the techovirus that makes Apocalypse awesome. Singer even had a chance to give it to us.

>Plane crash, Dying Angel.
>Apoc: Pathetic
>A-man reaches out, tries to transfer into him but is interrupted by Charles' psychic assault.
>Archangel turns blue... realizes his Master was going to butcher him faithlessly.
>Archangel rages, gets knocked out of the fight (colliding with Psylocke to explain why the two vamoose while watching A-man 'die')

Alternatively

>A-man tries to use Archangel's body to escape death, doesn't finish
>Archangel in a deranged state takes a psychic knife (not the Tk blade) to the brain, and resets as an X-Man.
>Later seen in Danger Room.

Or lastly

>End Credits: Essex Corp
>Archangel in lab being experimented on, has turned blue like his Master.
>>
>>83865516
I saw it, and it was pretty good.
>>
>>83865687

Correction. I fan-boy'd.

I liked the movie. I was deeply upset that they didn't do my character justice.

I know there were a lot of other mutants to show off, but Archangel's relationship to the Morlocks and Apocalypse are a point of contention for me.
>>
>>83863109
You can make Apocalypse a genuine menace without the Celestials. They weren't even originally part of his story, they were thrown in later.

Granted, Apocalypse has never been legitimately menacing in the comics, but the idea of him being this super-powerful force preceded the idea of him being powered up by Celestial technology
>>
File: apocalypse1_1280.jpg (284 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse1_1280.jpg
284 KB, 1280x1024
>>83856614
>What went wrong?
They didn't base him on Evolution's Apocalypse
>>
>>83866047
I think they were at least aware of that version, since I think the idea of Apocalypse's followers betraying and entombing him (thus explaining why he's been out of play until he's released in modern times) originates in Evolution.
>>
>>83866047
Fuck Evolution. Animated Series Apocalypse was the shit.

Did you ever even watch that nigger? There was no version of him that ever sounded and looked as intimidating as that version did. He also managed to sound like he was well beyond everyone he dealt with.

Silent Apoc is gay and movie Apoc was a shadow of true Apoc.
>>
>>83866289
Yeah, but he was all flash and no substance. The presentation was great, the payoff was as disappointing as any other version of Apocalypse.
>>
>>83860003
Total control over sentient beings to worship him.
>With you I can be everywhere... And everyone!
>>
>>83866581
I will fight you.
>>
>>83866289
"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you"
>>
>>83868206
Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply AM!
>>
File: apoclimes.jpg (283 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
apoclimes.jpg
283 KB, 640x480
Perhaps Cable is right. Perhaps I am doomed to struggle with fruit for all eternity
>>
File: 1352091017518.png (845 KB, 550x835) Image search: [Google]
1352091017518.png
845 KB, 550x835
>>83868548
I actually like how that quote while seemingly warped requires thinking like Apocalypse for an instant to grasp its actual meaning.

He sees himself not like the cat playing with a mouse before the kill, but like the lion before gazelle.
By design it is the predator way to prey on what is by design prey, now what happens between the life and death struggle determines the nature of the creature. The lion is certainly cruel, but unlike the cat it is not doing malice for the sake of it or amusement.
>>
>>83868548

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me... and be broken!"
>>
I think there's a matter of cartoons treating Apocalypse as less of an average comic book villain, and more of a horror villain. At least as far as it's possible for a kiddy action cartoon.

I didn't get that feeling in the movie, no matter how much power its Apocalypse showed. He didn't feel any more menacing than Shaw or even Stryker in X2

>>83866289
>Silent Apoc is gay
No.
>>
File: I cannot be touched.jpg (470 KB, 851x849) Image search: [Google]
I cannot be touched.jpg
470 KB, 851x849
With a powerset and character like Apocalypse's, I always expected him to be one of Marvels heavy hitting villains (akin to Thanos or Doom, or whoever the fuck else) and a threat that would pull in other teams, not just the X-Men. His stories would be that crazy in scale, hence other hero squads forced to fight him.

But I think it's the fact that he is primarily an X-Men villain that brings him down to some weird level where they could feasibly beat him. Thus making him not so grandiose as is implied by a lot of shit. I really don't know, though. Tried to read his stories and hope that I'd like him, but I just can't.
>>
>>83868702

>"I am beyond mutants, as mutants are beyond mere humans, and yet I cannot surpass the simple perfection of citrus fruit. Have I been wrong in my pursuits all these millenia? Is the simple lime beyond myself?"
>>
>>83856614
In the comic books, the animated series or the movies?

In the comic books he is jobber. A fucking loser. Even at his best he was rectally destroyed by a regular Magneto. Him being a living embodiment of power levels threads doesnt help his cause.

In the animated series, he is a shallow enemy and really not interesting enemy. More often than not his plans are foiled and he escapes like the little bitch he is. It has some good episodes where Cable has to go back in time, but its literally DoFP 2.0.

In the movie? He is as shallow as the animated series one. Campy, Ridiculous, histrionic. But at least Oscar Isaac gives his 100%. Its Gooby 2.0. Oscar is really a professional. Took the role of this clown and gave everything instead of being ashamed of it. 100% charming. ...They are weak Charles

But I guess your whole thread is about why he wasnt purple or why he wasnt 2 meters tall.
>>
>>83870656
Also, I forgot to say how at least they needed the fucking Phoenix to defeat him instead of having just Magneto or new mutants beat his ass. Hell, I remember now in the tv series he had a kill switch at the back of his neck and Angel almost kills the fucker.
>>
>>83868924

Apocaylpse was a Thanos/Doom tier villain. But they sold the rights to X-Men so not anymore lol.
>>
>>83865516
This was definitely the X-3 of the new trilogy. Singer did just a lot of the irritating shit he did with the first set, and which FC had avoided the most and DOFP had mostly avoided.
>>
>>83870916
>I dont read comics the post
>>
>>83856614
you started browsing 4chan
>>
ITT: faggots who don't read comics
>>
'Paco Lippz
>>
>>83856614
They should have used onslaught
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.