[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love Batfamily crossovers. I just hated how close together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_n1nn7fYdOj1rfwfq9o1_400.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1nn7fYdOj1rfwfq9o1_400.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
I love Batfamily crossovers.

I just hated how close together Night of Owls and Death of the Family were. But I still enjoyed them.

My favorite one was Endgame, followed by No Man's Land.
>>
Heart Of Ice is, easily, the most overrated episode of any show in /co/ history.
>>
Batman sucks.
>>
>>83851104
It's good, but so are a lot of B:TAS episodes. Nothing special, other than rebooting Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>83851062

The extended Batfamily is better than Batman himself.
>>
All Rebirth titles (except Green Arrow) are mediocre so far.

I was expecting more with how hyped the relaunch was.
>>
I find loudhouse to be kinda boring.
>>
File: 1371745114071.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1371745114071.gif
3 MB, 320x240
I have enjoyed most of Slott's run on Spider-man. While I do think not all of his stories were perfect, his endings on most things past Spider-Island miss the mark, and he should step off sooner rather than later, he seems to do good things to build Peter past the whole "stuck as a highschool photographer forever" thing that most Marvel writers and fans want him to remain.

I enjoyed Dick-Bats, Morrison's Batman Epic, and Gordon-Bats, more than I have enjoyed any batman story mainly featuring just Bruce. I also thought Endgame was a good swan song for Bruce and he should have stayed as happy billionaire philanthropist while Gordon took over fulltime as Batman. Gordon Bats was doing great as Batman, but then in like issue 45 after capturing bloom, he escapes and they rush right into the ending. I thought they were going to let Bloom escape and give Gordon another 20 issues or so to establish himself as Batman before they pull that ending, and it probably would have been the plan if DCYOU hadn't done as badly as they thought it did and plans were scrapped.

I think I like these style of stories because I enjoy when characters change and stories take what happened in the past and move forward and buck the status quo so hard. Probably explains why I enjoyed X-23 Wolverine, Black Panther: Man Without Fear, Bucky-Cap, Wally Flash, Waid's Daredevil as well, and dropped almost all those books when the writers had to shoehorn the old hero, or the old status quo back into them (or in Daredevils case he OMD'd his identity to be secret again. I like you but fuck off Soule).

Probably a hypocritical rant post but whatever.
>>
File: YOUNGBLOOD.jpg (59 KB, 413x640) Image search: [Google]
YOUNGBLOOD.jpg
59 KB, 413x640
1. I really enjoy early 90's Image Comics. Love SPAWN and YOUNGBLOODS.

2. I also generally enjoy Rob Liefeld's art and seek out a lot of things from that era.

3. I don't like Jonathan Hickman's early work nor his Marvel material. I do enjoy a lot of his Image and Avatar stuff.

4. Love Avatar comics.

>>83851062
>>83851104
>>83851232
100% agree with these sentiments.

4. Generally prefer to buy trade paper backs. Not a fan of single issues or omnibuses.
>>
>>83852217
And I can't fucking count the post. Let me have it...
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 702x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 702x706
I liked them as friends and want cartoons to be able to show male and female friendships without romance or sex appeal being involved for once
>>
I liked Gillen's Young Avengers and I don't get (nor care) why it got some people so butthurt
>>
File: 1357608847779.gif (579 KB, 200x114) Image search: [Google]
1357608847779.gif
579 KB, 200x114
>>83852217
I totally agree with you on 1&2. I always rag on Liefeld, but I still enjoy the fuck out of his art. Unless he's gone full-Liefeld and stops giving a shit, or that one guy colours his art and it's nothing but lense glare and gradient colours. Who ever does that colouring should be hung by their toes until they stop doing that. Just colour his work like you normally colour comics and everything will be alright.

>>83852322
I actually loved it too, up until the very last issue. Till then it was a fun quasi-continuation of Journey into mystery. I also liked Fractions Hawkeye until delays killed it. But even then it was still a good book. Never found the last issue though.
>>
File: cowbo.jpg (75 KB, 739x820) Image search: [Google]
cowbo.jpg
75 KB, 739x820
Toy Story 3 is totally overrated.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.