[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 20
File: 1434353200496.png (353 KB, 524x395) Image search: [Google]
1434353200496.png
353 KB, 524x395
>>
I think it's time to blow this scene.
>>
File: 1465545077639.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465545077639.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>83838999
>>83838954
nice meme
>>
>>83838954
who cares
>>
File: annecy2016_sj01.gif (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
annecy2016_sj01.gif
131 KB, 1024x768
>>83838954
>>
>>83839102
what is this and way do i give a shit
>>
File: bang.jpg (138 KB, 438x640) Image search: [Google]
bang.jpg
138 KB, 438x640
>>
>>83839116
you're going to carry that weight
>>
See you in Cal Arts, fuccboi
>>
>>83839197
kekd
>>
>>83838954
I still don't get it.
>>
long story short is CN has a wall were people can draw on it if they want. The creator of Cowboy Bebop drew a picture of Spike on the wall thats been there since the 90's....Some Calarts Intern Fuccboi drew that face over it........which some have taken as a visual representation for the current state of CN
>>
>>83840963
Oh my god? The guy who made the most successful anime in west came to Cartoon Network and drew them a doodle.....
And some fucker doodle over that with a maker?????

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83840963
>>
>>83843112
the fact that he had to pencil in those lines before he went over them in marker is what really makes this perfect
>>
>>83843070
Yes. Luckily he was captured and sent to Arkham by Batman.
>>
>>83840963
By some you mean a butt flustered ex-Ben 10 storyboarder who literally got mad about graffiti.
>>
>>83840963
I think that's a good thing. Out with the old, in with the new. I doubt the author wanted his doodle to stay anyway.
>>
>>83843167
Seriously though, is the intern aware of what they did?
>>
>>83840963
Yeah, I doubt the creator would care but if it was me I would be fucking pissed, drawing some gay ass shit like that even without it being over the drawing
>>
>>83843396
Draw graffiti over graffiti?

>>83843442
It's just a face. What's gay about it?
>inb4 "hurr calarts/tumblr"
>>
>>83843457
>Draw graffiti over graffiti?

It's legal graffiti though.
I want to know if the intern is aware of what they drew over.
>>
File: CartoonNetworkLiz17.jpg (32 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
CartoonNetworkLiz17.jpg
32 KB, 550x413
>>83843480
Graffiti.

They drew over graffiti. Not to mention it was a light pencil sketch.

The wall this shit's drawn on isn't legal graffiti in the sense that it's a commissioned piece to be preserved, it's literally a "fucking do whatever, no one cares" deal. People draw over shit all the time in graffiti.
>>
>>83843112
Honestly...it looks more like he drew over someone's gay fox fursona. I get that it was a quick doodle and faded to hell now, but...it was not a particularly amazing example of the man's work. Any 'historical' value it has it still has simply by still being there.

But hell, spergs gonna sperg. Don't let me get in the way of the ever revolving fruity rumpus asshole factory circle jerk.
>>
>>83843518
It seems like you're avoiding my question on purpose, Anon...

Like you're trying to hide something...

BY ODIN'S BEARD, YOU'RE THE INTERN AREN'T YOU!?
>>
File: 1454890837107.jpg (271 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454890837107.jpg
271 KB, 557x605
>>
>>83843518
>Being so legit autistic you can't see why people are angry about it
>>
>>83843161
Yup.
This whole affair is annoying but also hilarious.
>>
>>83843592
what if this whole time its the intern trying to justify it in an endless loop
>>
File: 1462164784832.png (141 KB, 469x326) Image search: [Google]
1462164784832.png
141 KB, 469x326
>>83843663
>>
File: CartoonNetworkLiz20.jpg (37 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
CartoonNetworkLiz20.jpg
37 KB, 550x413
>>83843592
Avoiding what question? It's a fucking unfinished pencil sketch of Spike Speigel's face on a graffiti wall that people draw over all the time.

If the character designer intended for it to be preserved in any way or shape whatsoever he probably would have done it on anything other than a sanctioned graffiti wall, even a napkin would have been a better medium. But he didn't.

>>83843636
>Being so legit autistic you're still mad about a year's old non-drama piece initiated by a butthurt ex Ben 10 storyboard artist of all people just because "m-muh anime....."
>>
>>83843518
>commissioned piece
>graffiti
Graffiti is to art as weeds are to plants.

Any plant can be a weed as long as the landowner didn't plan for it to grow there.

Tags and murals aren't graffiti if the wall owner planned for them to be there.
>>
>>
>>83843692
This. It's not like the fucker drew over one of the show's original cells or anything.
>>
>>83843692

THIS QUESTION!
>>83843396
>>83843480
>>
>faggots bitching about a 5 minute fagnime scribble
>>
>>83843692
The difference is one is a talented artist and made a quality product and the other is some faggot intern that can't draw for shit
I know you're baiting but holy shit 10/10 I got mad
>>
>>83843717
heh
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mmaklldweF1qz4rgp.jpg (137 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mmaklldweF1qz4rgp.jpg
137 KB, 500x667
>>83843828
>The difference is one is a talented artist and made a quality product and the other is some faggot intern that can't draw for shit

Who fucking cares about technical drawing skill on a fucking grafitti wall? And even then that's like saying that somehow the employees are somehow any better? The bottom two are from a storyboarder's post about this same fucking thing and they're even worse than the face.

Because it's graffiti. No one cares, its just about leaving a mark.

>I know you're baiting but holy shit 10/10 I got mad

You got mad at me posting logic and facts? About a year old non-issue? You bring this on yourself, no amount of "baiting" on my part could ever incite such a stupid response.
>>
>>83843161
That's the only part that really matters to me. It's a graffitti wall, of course someone's going to draw over parts at some point. Drawing that shitty face would have been nothing. But then deciding that it's good enough to go over it in marker, to make it more permanent and stand out more? That's just so stupid.
>>
>>83843882
>Because it's graffiti. No one cares, its just about leaving a mark.

Ihatefun.jpeg
>>
>>83843518
>People draw over shit all the time in graffiti.

That's true, except everyone intentionally avoided drawing over the Cowboy Bebop sketch for years, until this intern came along.

This reminds me a bit of drawchats. It's a lot of people fucking around, doodling over each other's stuff, until someone really good shows up. We'd clear space and show some respect, just to be able to watch that artist draw. But there'll always be that one guy who intentionally scribbles over the good drawing, because he's an idiot or because he can't get any attention otherwise. This intern is that guy. He's completely clueless, oblivious, or a troll.
>>
>>83844026
>That's true, except everyone intentionally avoided drawing over the Cowboy Bebop sketch for years, until this intern came along.

Well then someone should have taken a picture before it happened to preserve it one way or another. But no one did because no one either noticed or cared until after the fact.

Just like how someone should have known better than to try and put an extraneous amount of effort in something as throwaway as a drawchat. If you know it's going to happen, compromise and move on. That's what the character designer responsible for that literal pencil sketch did.

Move on.
>>
>>83844087
>known better than to try and put an extraneous amount of effort in something as throwaway as a drawchat.

That's not at all the point. No one is truly lamenting the loss of a sketch, just deriding the intern who wants to stick out by being edgy. Maybe you should stop defending it so hard.
>>
>This one autist in this thread
>>
>>83839102
What is this? Some convention.
>>
>>83844156
>That's not at all the point. No one is truly lamenting the loss of a sketch
Did you read this thread? Cause that's certainly the vibe you and others have been giving, especially with your drawchat anecdote of all things. And again, how the hell is drawing over a pencil sketch on a publicly sanctioned graffiti wall "edgy"?

>"B-Because it was the Cowboy Bebop guy and he worked really hard on that pencil sketch and this FUCKING EDGELORD TROLL-"

The only reason I'm "defending" this shit is because its stupid to still be mad about it a year after the fact. The intern will never be "brought to justice" for being an "edgelord", the character designer probably never heard of nor cared about any of this and life has gone on.

And if the intern REALLY wanted to stick out, he could have just spray painted like fucking Ian Jones-Quartley in one of the pictures above.
>>
>>83844236
>And again, how the hell is drawing over a pencil sketch on a publicly sanctioned graffiti wall "edgy"?

Because that intern decided to paint over something that everyone else there decided was worth preserving. But hey, if you don't understand this, or decent human behavior in general, that's okay.

>implications

Don't put words into people's mouths just because you want to erect straw men.

>The only reason I'm "defending" this shit is because its stupid to still be mad about it a year after the fact.

Really? Why are you still defending this fellow after a year?
>>
>>83844264
>But hey, if you don't understand this, or decent human behavior in general, that's okay.

You know, it's a good idea if you want to cry about "straw-manning" that you don't pull this shit right after. This isn't an issue about human ethics. It's about a marker doodle over pencil doodle. That's it.

>Because that intern decided to paint over something that everyone else there decided was worth preserving.

Then again, take a fucking photo when you had the chance. There's some nice ass graffiti done by very talented people that will always be defaced for one reason or another in places where graffiti happens. Because that's just how it is.

>Really? Why are you still defending this fellow after a year?

I'm not. You keep replying and so will I. :^)
>>
>>83844264
>>83844361
eat an entire ass
>>
File: smug sheev.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
smug sheev.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
>>83844393
Not before (you).
>>
>>83844361
>This isn't an issue about human ethics.

Yup, you don't understand.

>Then again, take a fucking photo when you had the chance.

I'm sure plenty people there have, and they probably still think him a dick.

>I'm not.

You are, and you seem far more emotionally invested in this then a normal person can be, so I'll bow out. Although if you know the guy, or actually are him, do share a name. Own it.
>>
>>83844426
>Yup, you don't understand.

I guess I don't since I didn't equate your argument to your morale as a person like a dumbass but okay.

>I'm sure plenty people there have, and they probably still think him a dick.

Then these theoretical people need to post the pic online to preserve it and move on. If the point of preserving it is for others to see then that's the easiest way.

>You are, and you seem far more emotionally invested in this then a normal person can be

Emotionally invested enough to vague bitch about it via a drawchat anecdote levels?

>Although if you know the guy, or actually are him, do share a name. Own it.

Do you really think if I were associated with or was an intern at CN I'd be here trying to wrap my mind about why people give this much of a shit about an unfinished animu drawing on a graffiti wall and not like, drawing my on shit on the wall itself?
>>
>>83844361
>You keep replying and so will I. :^)

How mature.
>>
File: 1453322946026.jpg (20 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1453322946026.jpg
20 KB, 268x284
>>83844472
>"I can't refute facts so I'll point out a comment I didn't like!"
>>
>they are still at it
>>
As an artist myself, it's really just a matter of respect, it's like an unwritten rule that you just don't do it. Not to mention somebody recently did this to me by deciding to add a huge nose to a character I painted on a wall, I'm not angry about it, but it bugs me every time I see it.
>>
>>83844488
I assure you, my intention was not to refute any facts.

My intention was simply to make a sarcastic remark about how you are just as bad as the man you are arguing with. And I did as I intended.

Now, what is your intention?
>>
At least people are past parading it around as an example of why CN and western animation in general is on a downward slope. Ascribing that sort of serious meaning to something so transient, something that ultimately has nothing to do with the animation industry, was retarded on several levels.
>>
>>83844527
Post another funny Anakin picture. It wasn't that deep, man.

>>83844537
Yeah that was stupid as shit. Everything about these dumb graffiti tags are dumb but that was peak retarded.
>>
>>83844527
>If you insult the person insulting you, you're just an anus
How brave of you to make this sacrifice.
>>
>>83844566
>you're just an anus

How does an anus type?
>>
>>83844564
>Everything about these dumb graffiti tags are dumb

Did a graffiti artist kill your parents or something?

I just want to know, why do you hate graffiti so much?
>>
>>83844604
I don't? I just hate these two in particular because of the dumbass arguments people make associated with them. That's all.
>>
>>83840963
*roll eyes*
ugh who fucking cares, in many ways it's a representation of the old being overwritten by the new, only a few geeky nerds wallowing in nostalgia care about some shitty cowboy cartoon, it's done, deal with it.
>>
>>83844620
It really sounded like you were had something against graffiti though.

But honestly, hating these two in particular simply because because of the arguments surrounding them isn't fair either. It's not like the artists asked people to argue.
>>
>>83844661
>some shitty cowboy cartoon

OH BOY, HERE WE GO!
>>
>>83844661
That's a pretty bad bait, anon.
>>
>>83844661
>*rolls eyes*
>shitty cowboy cartoon.

Get. Out.
>>
>>83844665
>"Its not fair to have negative associations with these images due to outside circumstances despite the fact you're only talking about said circumstances and not the images at all :("

I need to remind myself to just ignore these threads next time, they're a lost cause.

>>83844661
>people are actually falling for this

10/10, my man
>>
>>83844661
That's some shitty ass bait you've got there
You sound exactly like tumblr
>>
>>83843518
Drawing over someone elses work is rude and true graffiti artists don't do it
>>
>>83844718
>I need to remind myself to just ignore these threads next time, something I could've done with this thread but chose not too. Everyone is an idiot except for me!

You're a lost cause, Anon.
>>
>ITT: People who dont know the difference between graffiti and tagging

tagging will literally get you fucking killed if you're caught
>>
>>83844781
Anon, if we were smart this thread never would've happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 550x343
>>83844767
>Drawing over someone elses work is rude and true graffiti artists don't do it

That's cute. See pic related for this >>83844361. Look into it too, note how Robbo didn't have a beef with his work being tagged until Banksy decided to cover the collective's work up to try and make some kind of "statement." Then get back to me on that.

>>83844770
>"Everyone is an idiot except me!"

Well I mean so far that's been true if you're going to put it like that. ;^) or at least just the people I've been replying to.
>>
File: AdventureTime.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1406) Image search: [Google]
AdventureTime.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1406
>>83843161
What makes it perfect to me is that some special little snowflake milennial tumblrina type who probably thinks the pinnacle of animation is Adventure Time, not only was accepted to a formerly prestigious institution like CalArts, but then proceeds to draw their shitty tumblresque self-portrait over a drawing that was made by an actual professional artist who actually contributed something of value to the medium of animation.

It's the perfect illustration of the current state of CalArts and the animation industry, and that's why it's perfect.
>>
>>83844833
>>>/pol/
>>
>>83844847
That post had nothing to do with /pol/. It was stupid but it had nothing to do with /pol/. Holy shit.
>>
>>83844810
>;^)

Please tell me this is bait.
>>
>>83844858
You replied anyways so it doesn't even matter at this point.

The first bit about Robbo was sincere though.
>>
>>83844871
Very well Anon, we'll call it a draw.
>>
>>83844855
Any time someone on this board has their shitty taste questioned they always blame /pol/.
>>
>>83844912
But we have /trash/ for that now.
>>
>>83843692
>all that other space
thats what gets me the most
whether the intern didnt know the artist and its history, or was just an arrogant ass, rule of thumb still applies that you use the empty space, not fucking going over someone elses for no reason
its one of those unspoken decency things like sitting at least a seat away from someone on an empty bus
>>
>>83844847
>/pol/
?
>>
>>83843167
Do people know who draw that?
>>
>>83838954
People never cared or knew about that drawing before.

Its just a doodle, there is countless other like that made by the same artist.

Do you really think that it would NEVER had anything draw over it? Have you seem the walls of that place?
>>
>>83840963
>>83844661
>>83838954
Didn't other doodles get drawn over all the time? Maybe the intern even got permission from the senior workers.

Hell, it would have happened sooner or later. Better this than the building being bought by another company and the wall gets painted over.
>>
You know, this wouldn't be nearly as popular if you guys weren't so insanely autistic over a weaboo drawing.

I mean, I love CB, but it's just a fucking sketch on the wall.

Get over yourselves.
>>
So I am very specifically not claiming it's on the same level, but to everyone calling the folks who flipped their shit over this autistic: You were mocking people for being annoyed over that dumb bitch old woman drawing over the Jesus picture, right?

If not, why?
>>
>>83853246
>You were mocking people for being annoyed over that dumb bitch old woman drawing over the Jesus picture, right?

No because that was a fresco that was unfortunately poorly restored in an area where vandalism like graffiti here wasn't allowed. This is some unfinished animu sketch on a sanctioned space.

The fact that you even think its worth comparing some Cowboy Bebop sketch in a stairwell with a 19th century fresco's defacing (even with claiming its not the same level) is pretty retarded though.
>>
>>83843632
>when the weeaboo butthurt is just fine
>>
>>83839085
/a/, probably
>>
To be perfectly honest, I'd watch a Cowboy Bebop reboot with this guy replacing Spike or whatever his name was.
>>
File: 1460791133107.png (399 KB, 495x493) Image search: [Google]
1460791133107.png
399 KB, 495x493
>>
>>83853246
Neither CN nor the character designer gave a fuck about this. Why should anybody else?
But I'm glad the Ecce Homo reference is out of the way. Now we're only missing somebody comparing this to defacing Mona Lisa.
>>
way are idiots from /a/ so thin skinned
>>
>people think that sketches are worth shit
That's why we can't have nice artists.
>Finishing the work is haaaard, guise! Also, here are may 30+ sketches. Fav me!
>>
File: image.png (237 KB, 351x358) Image search: [Google]
image.png
237 KB, 351x358
>>83844661
>>
>>83843540
Found the Karkat.
Why are you such a manlet?
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.