[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is the only reason the new Spider-man game being developed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14
File: spider-man-game-ps4.jpg (294 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-game-ps4.jpg
294 KB, 800x600
So is the only reason the new Spider-man game being developed because of how Marvel is working with Sony now?

Not complaining, just curious.
>>
>>83835288

Theres always been spiderman games being made. Sony only owns the movie rights.
>>
>>83835288
Maybe, Activision had the rights before, but maybe they didn't want them anymore after how bad the other games did.

Disney doesn't make any good games so Sony would be a good choice I suppose.
>>
>>83835288

There are probably a lot of reasons why they are making a new game anon, you've listed what is most likely one of them, for sure.

Spidey is MCU now, and is getting a new movie next year(?) so of course he'd get a new game, that being said this has nothing to do with the MCU, and honestly looks like it's more based on the current spidey run. I wouldn't be surprised if Parker Industries is a thing in this game.

They also want to make video game universe, this is just the beginning if Marvel has there way.
>>
I am still wondering about how game is being made by Marvel and Insomniac and is not based on the movie.
>>
>>83835449
They probably got tired from the shovel-ware tier games about the movies they make.

"If Injustice and Batman can do it, why can't we?"
>>
I remember hearing that Disney Infinity was supposed to stand in for individual licensed games about anything with a DI figure, and Disney Infinity was just cancelled.
>>
>>83835449

I'm assuming the game will release before the movie.

Also >>83835485
>>
>>83835485
>they are tired from getting easy money
I doubt that, but that's beside the point. We are also getting Marvel game from Telltale. Would it not be weird to kickstart your MGU with a PS4 exclusive, granted, Telltale game's platforms aren't announced yet.
>>
>>83835487
YES

I saw one of his Inner Demons in the trailer and got hyped as fuck.

I'd love gangster street level bad guys at first like Hammerhead.
>>
File: Dan Slott Makes A Video Game.gif (1 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
Dan Slott Makes A Video Game.gif
1 MB, 426x240
>>83835288
I think they just made a pitch that Marvel strongly responded to. PS4 is killing everything else, so it makes sense.

Sony does not own the game rights, in fact the only company that does is Activision and only specifically for movie tie-ins and it's until 2017. Insomniac straight up said this game has nothing to do with the MCU or any movie.

So no, it's highly unlikely this has anything to do with Sony Pictures.
>>
File: Spider-man PS4 (2).jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man PS4 (2).jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
I'm coming around on the costume.

I assume there's gonna be like a million alts though.
>>
>>83835689
Personally, the more I look at it the more I hate it.

But it goes without question alts will be there so whatever.
>>
>>83835553
deleted cause i didn't like the original post. Anyways, yeah, it'd be a good idea to start with street level villains at first before we get into his major villains
>>
>>83835689
>alts

Day 1 DLC.
>>
>>83835652
Let's not elude ourselves here, Sony is absolute shit when it comes to capeshit, because comics are icky. If anyone here is in charge of ideas it's entire house of them
>>
>>83835797
This game is being made by Insomniac. Pretty sure they're not DLC crazy like EA
>>
>>83835288
Marvel stopped having video games made and focused on mobile games for a while. It wasn't just a Spider-Man thing.
>>
>>83835860
Pretty sure it's up to publishers. I main /co/, but even I noticed that when Stick of Truth got into Ubisoft's hands it got pre-order shit with special gear and other cancer.
>>
It's crazy, but wouldn't it be tits if Spider-Girl alt costume
>>
>>83836071
Which one?
>>
If this means the start of a Marvel Video Game Universe, then all I want is a Daredevil game
>>
>>83836089
The only good one?
>>
>>83835860
>>83835932
Well typically the DLC costumes and such relegated to pre-order exclusives are made by the art-team and the publisher pushes them as incentives.

Usually in game development the art-team makes all their assets and then sit around doing nothing while the programmers, animators, and etc, do the rest. So they usually just start making shit which is either included as extras in the game, or made into DLC. So I'm fully expecting some bonus costumes being made as store exclusive DLC or something.

However if they pull some thing a Batman, and say "pre-order and you get to play as Venom!" or some shit, then that's where I would get worried.
>>
>>83836162
Telltale might be doing that right now, because people believe for some reason they are good at writing and they can expand upon courtroom drama.

Personally, I want Daredevil game from Crapcom if you see where my index finger is pointing.
>>
>>83836162
>Tfw playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the first after the glory days of X-Men Legends
>Tfw doing disk missions
>Tfw Daredevil disk
>Tfw it was all dark and i thought it was a bug
>Tfw i hit the door and the map started to appear
>Tfw getting through it by making noise so i could see
That shit was beaultiful.
>>
>>83835288
All i want is a more interactive New York and 616 Goblin.
>>
There hasn't been a good super hero games since Spiderman 2, why the fuck are there threads about this shit?
>>
>>83836307
>what is arkham
>>
>>83836209
>if they pull a Batman
Forgot to delete that, oh and for those who forgot, I think it was Arkham city that made the playable Catwomen as pre-order DLC if I recall correctly.

>>83836162
I would like a Daredevil game too, but honestly considering the character I feel like the wouldn't be very creative with it and make it an Assassin's Creed/Arkham clone.

Personally I would love to see a Doctor Doom game. I know it's probably never going to happen, but I still think it would be amazing to have a game where you play through his origin, take over Latveria and then spend the game managing it while fucking with various hero teams and such. Too bad after that movie flopped they might be too afraid of touching the character.
>>
>>83836363
>Inb4 Arkham isn't good
>>
>>83835288
Yup. I'm waiting for the flood of X-Men games once FOX caves.

I'm still bitter that they pulled the arcade game from the PSN.
>>
There are more spiderman games then any other superhero. I don't know why everyone acts like this is something new.
>>
File: madrox.jpg (106 KB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
madrox.jpg
106 KB, 293x289
>>83835288

Whoever designed that costume should never design anything ever again.
>>
>>83837012
There will alternate costumes, rela
>>
>>83836242
Shit maybe? They did Harvey Birdman so combine that with beat em up and there you go.
>>
>>83835288
Marvel has always had all the merchandising rights.
>>
>>83837012
the white spider logo is for a focal point. its for when things get really hectic you can spot spidey easy. its a smart idea really.
>>
>>83837421
That's what's the rest of the garish costume is for.
>>
>>83836384
>I think it was Arkham city that made the playable Catwomen as pre-order DLC if I recall correctly
You recall incorrectly, Catwoman was DLC, but she came for free with every copy of the game, she was only there as a disincentive against piracy.
>>
>>83837421

If you can't spot dude swinging around in a bright red and blue outfit, you are legally blind.
>>
>>83837563
>spot the red guy in this giant explosion
cool anon
>>
>>83837012
They'd probably find a nice home with NRS though.
>>
File: AngryDD33.jpg (274 KB, 900x484) Image search: [Google]
AngryDD33.jpg
274 KB, 900x484
>>83837563
Screw you, pal!
>>
What if the symbol is white because Mr. Negative corrupted him, and afterwards, it turns to black again?
>>
>>83837421
The white logo is fine, but it should still be smaller and the white on the arms/hands removed.
>>
>>83835316
>Disney doesn't make any good games so Sony would be a good choice I suppose.

Actually, Disney doesn't even make games anymore. Perlmutter likely cut a deal with Sony to develop the game as Disney Interactive started to fall apart.
>>
>>83837421
This is what I thought to. It was jarring at first, but I could see how it can be handy as graphics become more and more photorealistic. It's an extra pop to the character's appearance in the scenery.

You wouldn't do it in a movie or comic book because you can adjust the scene/colors/inks whatever to make it so Spider-Man doesn't get lost. It's a little harder in a dynamic game.
>>
>>83838077
if only the symbol has been corrupted, that would imply he's merely been tainted rather than transformed. Otherwise he'd look like Spidercide
>>
>>83838419
He's going to be constantly flipping and pirouetting though. Its unlikely you'll ever get a full view of the emblem anyway.

Not like it matters. If I can't unlock the classic costume within the first 30 minutes, they've seriously fucked up.
>>
>>83835449
probably because they want to avoid having to shoe-in whatever the movies do even if it doesn't fit with what the game dev wants. it and the movie will boost each other's sales regardless of being a tie-in or not
>>
>>83835797
I don't mind some costumes being DLC if more work went into those than the other costumes, like a black suit Spider-Man with little writhy tentacles that has some unique moves, or a properly proportioned sp//DR costume
>>
>>83838481
20 bucks they'll offer the CW or Homecoming outfit as pre-order.
>>
>>83837766
why is that gorilla dressed as Daredevil?
>>
I just hope the web swing isnt shit this time. Besides the obvious "swinging on thin air" thing, I hate the QTE low level traffic auto parkour
>>
>>83835449
Making cheap, licensed movie games are becoming a thing of the past due to development costs. Nowadays, devs are leaning towards making their own separate and unique universes.

If they tried to make a game about the movie they're going to have to turn a 2 hour movie into a 30+ hour game, and that means lots of filler content. Let's say Homecoming has Vulture and Green Goblin in it. That's fine for the movie, but you can't have a AAA open world spider-man game with only two villains. So you put Rhino in the game, you put Scorpion in the game, it all works out.

Then the next Spidey MCU movie comes out, and it's the origin of both Scorpion and Rhino. Shit. It's just much less hassle to have full control over the story of the game's story, and you don't have to bend the game's release date to coincide with the movie. The game comes out when it's ready and the game possibly gets praised for it's story. Same thing happened with Bamham.
>>
>>83838773
obviously its gorilla grod disguised as daredevil
>>
>>83835363
>Spidey is MCU now, and is getting a new movie next year(?) so of course he'd get a new game
But no other Marvel characters get games since the fucking PS2 era, just shitty mobile ones
>>
>>83835288
They're trying to make a Marvel Video Game Universe.
>>
>>83839701
you keep saying that yet have not a single fact to back that up
>>
>>83837672

Explosions in games either kill you or push you away from them for that very reason. But nice try.
>>
>>83839766
Not sure if i'm the same anon you're talking to, but it's pretty obvious. DC is already trying to do it with Superman.
>>
>>83837012
at least we will have alt costumes so we never have to look at it ever again
>>
>>83839662
>But no other Marvel characters get games since the fucking PS2 era

>2008 The Incredible Hulk game
>2008+ Iron man 1, 2, 3 Thor and Captain America movie games
>2009 Wolverine(which was fucking awesome)
>2009 Punisher
>2013 Deadpool
>>
>>83839882
considering Disney killed the Infinity game because they didn't want to make games in house I really doubt they want to make a Marvel Video Game Universe, because if they did they would keep it in house
>>
File: Peter_Parker_(Earth-10082).jpg (93 KB, 411x632) Image search: [Google]
Peter_Parker_(Earth-10082).jpg
93 KB, 411x632
Pestilence costume when?
>>
>>83835288

This not MCU Spider-man. Marvel and Disney just want to license out names and make games that have cheap support upkeep hence they gave up with Disney Infinity and just focused on mobile games. Insomniac games pitch the title to Marvel since their office is literally just a walking distance from each other but Disney don't want to spend money on it so they ask Sony.
>>
File: Mayday 2.jpg (73 KB, 988x299) Image search: [Google]
Mayday 2.jpg
73 KB, 988x299
>>83836177

Ill be perfectly honest. I would be willing to pay for MC2 campaigns and challenges. You wouldn't even have to change the city much
>>
>>83842414
I'm willing to pay for another MC2 comic
>>
>>83835316
>Maybe, Activision had the rights before, but maybe they didn't want them anymore after how bad the other games did.

Yeah well when you put out rushed games where the only draw is swinging around in an open world which had been done to death and never improved or expanded upon, you're bound to stop appealing to folks when they can just pop in any other Spider-Man game can get the same thing.
>>
>>83843175

I really hope they do properly build of SM2. Open world works great for Spidey but it needs to be filled with shit to do. Not just balloons and random thugs to fight.

Black Cat races are fun here and there and you could probably add Johnny Storm to the mix too.
>>
File: spider-verse by Skottie Young.jpg (1 MB, 1118x856) Image search: [Google]
spider-verse by Skottie Young.jpg
1 MB, 1118x856
>>83835735
Pretty much this.
>>
>>83836242
Why not a sequel to spiritual sequel to LA Noire and Max Payne starring Matt Murdock?
>>
>>83836209
>>83835860

even ASM2 had plenty of IN GAME alts.

There will be DLC ones Im sure, but I bed shit like Scarlet Spider, Black Costume and more will be in game.

Im willing to bet the costume gets changed before release though.
>>
>>83843298

someone on /v/ pitched this idea that the daredevil game would be pitch black except for you make a sound that briefly lights things up in sort of a sonar style
>>
I like the costume and wonder if they will add color/swapping customization to make things interesting
>>
>>83843371
Well that just sounds fantastic.
>>
>>83843371
>>83843428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KdbNEt5tVQ
>>
>>83843371

That sounds great on paper, but I imagine it would get very tiring having to constantly parse through echoey images to fight bad guys.
>>
>>83843371

But if it takes place in hells kitchen there's CONSTANT sound so you don't have to worry about that.

Just have some weird graphic filter to display his visuals.

You could hold a button to focus in on certain heartbeats or shit like that to track people down
>>
File: Spider-Man-PS4_2016_06-13-16_001.jpg (516 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-PS4_2016_06-13-16_001.jpg
516 KB, 1920x1080
>>83837012
Seriously. The IDEA of a white spider is fine, but it's too big on both sides and the rest of the costume is over-designed trash. The gaps between the red and the way it seems like they actually tried to make there be as little of it as possible bother me more than anything.

>>83835689
Thank god for that. I hope we get to at least customize our costume a bit with how the folks from Insomniac supposedly emphasized that Spidey is a genius gadget creator.
>>
>>83843558
That is too cool.

>>83843597
Yeah, but there's got to be a way to make it work. Maybe it's not on all the time, or maybe it's always on and the images are easier to see based on the difficulty.

I just want to see Matt perched over a rooftop, listening to the busy street below. I want a game that lets me explore New York as the red devil, and I want it fully support 5.1 and headphones to give you extra immersion.
>>
>>83842699
I'm willing to pay for another if DeFalco takes a shit on Slott's complete Spider-Verse bullshit and retcons MC2 Peter's death.
>>
>>83843659

There could be like... I dunno, Daredevil Moments where you slip into Daredevil's head and use his echolocation for stuff.

Like quicktime events, I guess? But less obnoxious?
>>
>>83843690
or just make it like Arkham's detective mode
>>
>>83843710

Sure, why not
>>
>>83843710
This is good.

The player shouldn't ever feel discouraged to use it. Remember, Matt's abilities are a gift.

Though if we did only use the echolocation, time wouldn't have to be wasted on building facades and the like.
>>
>>83843673
I thought he already did when he implied the Mayday from Spider-Verse was just another AU version?
>>
>>83843597

well you know how the idea phase goes. The more you try to turn it into a reality the more diffacult it becomes

>>83843618

On the rooftops and outside sure but inside buildings sounds become a lot more muffled. I think that can work. When you're outside and on the hunt moving around you can "See" everything but once you get into tighter areas it becomes more of a issue
>>
>>83843710
I just remembered that Metroid Prime 2 had an echolocation mode
https://youtu.be/6KN01CV7OtE?t=1m26s
(mute due to LPer)
>>
>>83843745
I'm imagining Matt slinking down a hallway, invisible except for his own footsteps and the walking and breathing of the guards.

He can hear just about anything though, so he could probably get the lay of the room just from the noise coming from the rest of the building.
>>
>>83835689
I can't stand the white details. Honestly don't know what they were thinking with that, Spidey has a perfect default costume.

Gonna switch to Symbiote/McFarlane/Scarlet Spider the second I'm able.
>>
>>83844076
pretty sure everyone is.

they better not fuck up the cutscenes, that shit better be in-engine so your chosen costume stays
>>
File: 1465625210087.jpg (102 KB, 533x452) Image search: [Google]
1465625210087.jpg
102 KB, 533x452
>>83837714
>>
>>83843758
I don't think that's aged too well, even if it was visually striking.
>>
File: 123456712378.jpg (26 KB, 535x377) Image search: [Google]
123456712378.jpg
26 KB, 535x377
Activision basically had exclusive rights to make Marvel games for consoles up until 2014, now the Marvel license is available for anyone to pay for and make content with but no one seemed to be interested, so Sony decided to get access to the license and have Insomniac try their hands at a Spiderman game
>>
The only good thing about the spider man games is the web swinging. The games themselves aren't all that special.
>>
>>83844351
Yeah, and swinging around the same city for like 6 games gets really boring. But they're just really average beat-em-ups otherwise.
>>
>>83844392
>same city
it's a city, they all look the same. Swinging around Dubai wouldn't make much of a difference
>>
wonder if making a spiderman 2099 open world hub would be too much. I know the sky scrappers and buildings are freaking huge.
>>
>>83844722
isn't the ground level of 2099 barely habitable and mostly populated by genefreaks and cultists?
>>
>>83844722
now that I think about it, I can't think of a single sandbox game that has anywhere near as much stuff from top to bottom as it does from side to side. Closest I can think is Gravity Rush
>>
>>83835549
>>they are tired from getting easy money
I think movie games do less and less nowadays. Games based on shows maybe depending on the kids that beg their parents to buy it and they get advertised a bit more but the movie titles seem to fade more and more into obscurity.
>>
File: L5tZ8Nx.jpg (827 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
L5tZ8Nx.jpg
827 KB, 1920x2160
>>
>>83837515
No it got advertised as pre-order for a little while. I was surprised when I opened my new game and saw there was a redeem code instead and one of my friends got a copy way later with the same stuff.
>>83835735
I dont really like it in a still image like here >>83835689 (I get what people mean by it looks like he is wearing a backpack now)
but I did like it a bit in the trailer so swinging through the city will probably be fine with me.
>>
File: 1428444928501.jpg (246 KB, 900x1229) Image search: [Google]
1428444928501.jpg
246 KB, 900x1229
>>83836162
>Daredevil game
>Just a black screen
>>
>>83844482
>it's a city, they all look the same.
Leave the fucking house once in a while for fuck's sake.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.