[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefly: Leaves On The Wind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 48
Following the events of Serenity; the crew of the Serenity mourne the loss of a long standing and beloved crew member, but must keep aloft in the new political turmoil the events of Miranda have caused. Regardless of recent happenings, life remains the same.

Find a job.

Get paid

Keep flying.
>>
>>
>>
Testing image dump feature. By the way, if your lurking in this storytime feel free to comment and post, you dont have to stay quiet while I post
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
fuck off google you retard I'm obviously not a bot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
is anyone lurking?
>>
>>83835301
Just got here.
>>
>>83836025
Cool, here's the rest of the issue
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bump, reading op
>>
I just finished watching the series recently. Didn't even know there were comics.
>>
>>83834748
>>83834774
Honestly, I imagine this guys voice sounds a lot like Alex Jones.
>>
>>83835018
So... I take it the publisher couldn't afford likeness rights from the original cast?
>>
Can someone continue this storytime? It's a six-issue miniseries.
>>
>>83839831
They're pretty good. I wish Joss would write more instead of ruining Avengers movies.
>>
This didn't suck as bad as I was afraid it would.
>>
I love Firefly but damn if it isn't overrated as frell
>>
>>83842462
Of all the deconstructive sci-fi shows to be cancelled in the early 2000s, Firefly is definitely the second best. Goddamn it's been 13 years and I'm still bitter about farscape.

>>83836165
What is it with comic continuations/adaptations of Joss' works and resurrecting dead antagonists? I know there's a fear of putting too many OCs into a work when the main draw is its connection to an already established universe, but when you ignore what happens on the show this consistently it makes it feel like the new work isn't a part of the old one at all. Or that you don't care about the original show's canon. Or that you're shitty at plotting these things out ahead of time. Or all of the above.

Admittedly, I've always felt that comic adaptations, when handled by TV writers, inevitably end up not as good as the original. I think it might have something to do with people who are used to the limitations of the live action medium going into one of the least limited mediums there are, and go overboard turning their characters into giantess centaur dolls or whatever the fuck happened in season 8. The tone becomes more fantastical, which doesn't match the originals.
>>
This is... surprisingly pretty good.

Anyone wanna keep posting or is that it?
>>
>>83843065
See >>83841902
>>
>>83843065
There's alot more, I'll post when I get off work
>>
>>83842865
We never saw him die, he was just sort of drifting there
>>
>>83842865
goddamn Farscape was good. Why hasn't anyone more popular tried to rip it off yet?
>>
>>83844342
They did. It's called Stargate SG-1 Season 10.
>>
>>83835121
this moment in Serenity still pisses me off to this day.
literally no reason why they needed to kill him
>>
>>83835275
that'll get old quick
>>
>>83836165
how the fuck

btw the faces are so bad
>>
>>83844466
Welcome to comic adaptations of TV shows. They always either fuck up the faces or get them right and nothing else.
>>
Keeping this thread alive for when OP gets back, I wanna see where this is going.
>>
>>83835259

This was actually a very decent book
>>
Okay I am home from work now, going to post the next issue here in a monument
>>
Leaves On The Wind Issue 002.
Following the birth of Emma, there have been complications. As skilled a doctor as Simon is, he simply lacks the facilities to operate on Zoe, who is now suffering from severe internal bleeding. Now Mal is forced to choose; remain in hiding and let Zoe die, or risk the entire crew, himslef and Serenity to save Zoe's life?
>>
>>
>>
>it's a dissapering captcha episode
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
End of issue 002
>>
Thanks OP, I didn't even know this was a thing
>>
>>83835042

Oh god her head
>>
>>83844342
They did, it's called Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn even admitted it.
>>
>>83846970
I honestly didn't recognize her at first. Inara's looking a lot more Star Wars-y now.
>>
Well shit. Here I was all set to have a productive day and now I'm hooked.

Is there more?
>>
>>83846300
Were alliance grunts starship trooper lookalikes in the show? I forget.
>>
>>83847304
Yep. Their costumes were even from the movie.
>>
>>83847304
Yep. When Joss was working on pre-production, they had the costume crew basically go and raid warehouses from old productions.

They literally took all the Federation armor from the Starship Troopers film and painted it purple.
>>
Thanks for the dump, hope you have more.
>>
>>83847140
Four more issues to go because that title is a mini.

Finishing this storytime by other anons is acceptable.
>>
>>83846988
Care to explain the similarities? Beyond "Human male forced to live with aliens".

Because Starlord is no John Crichton.
>>
Thank you
>>
>>83847392
Was this before or after Power Rangers Lost Galaxy used them?
>>
>>83848045
Just after.
>>
>>83842865
Whoa whoa. Im about halfway through season 1? Why the bitter? Should i stop?
>>
>>83846991
I meant the proportions, am I the only one seeing it? She's like a bobble head
>>
>>83847714

>Because Starlord is no John Crichton.

Really? Slightly crazy human who doesn't know how to get home, with a love for Earth's pop culture, forced to live with aliens wrongly branded as criminals? You've got the gentle plant alien, the tiny, hedonistic, less moral alien, the hulking tattooed warrior who lost his family, and the tough as nails chick in black leather who crossed over from the enemy side to join the team. That's literally Crichton, Zhaan, Rygel, D'argo, and Aeryn. (Oh, and throw in sadistic black leather-clad villain who hates another species for Ronan/Scorpius.)

Don't get me wrong, GotG is a good movie, but James Gunn said he was a fan of two sci-fi series, and it's pretty clear which one was the favorite.
>>
>>83848237
Nah I saw that too.
>>
Looks interesting, I'll read it later.
Have a bump for now.
>>
>>83848461
Also in the original script Quill was an astronaut who got lost in a wormhole and wound up in the Andromeda Galaxy with, you guessed it, a bunch of escaped prisoners.
>>
>>83848115
Fuck no. Keep going and then do it again
>>
>>83834669
Bump
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.