[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman be enough to save the DCEU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1465404913535.png (735 KB, 909x587) Image search: [Google]
1465404913535.png
735 KB, 909x587
Will Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman be enough to save the DCEU?
>>
No.

>Suicide Squad will be good
>Wonder Woman will be good
>Batman will be good

And then on the Justice league we have Snyder back, and he will work hard to make us forget all the good thing that happened on the DCEU
>>
>>83832984
Hope so
>>
>>83834115
Nah, if anything this will just prove Snyder directed films are terrible and to be avoided.
>>
File: Kill Me Now.jpg (55 KB, 626x438) Image search: [Google]
Kill Me Now.jpg
55 KB, 626x438
>>83832984
I think SS will be passable at absolute best. Joker alone should be enough to make profits, but probably what WB will view as disappointing. I'm very confident the reshoots are going to cause a lukewarm reception.

Wonder Woman, depending on how they market it, might do okay, but it will certainly expose Gadot for being a horrible actress. Notice how literally every movie she's been in that wasn't Fast Five tanked both commercially and critically.

I could see the DCEU limping along because WB has way too much stocked into it at this point, but on a personal note, until Snyder is barred from the lot, I have very little interest in financially supporting this drivel.
>>
>>83832984
I want SS and WW to succeed purely to counteract the dominance of the MCU in the box office and force scriptwriters to come up with something original.
>>
>>83832984

You do understand that while Batman v Superman under performed it did make money?

What "needs saving"?
>>
File: 1463078751865.jpg (13 KB, 409x500) Image search: [Google]
1463078751865.jpg
13 KB, 409x500
>>83834115
>Wonder Woman will be good
>>
>>83834413
But Batman and Superman have always been beloved heroes and if that movie had been made 20 or 25 years ago everyone would have loved it and eat it up because both were extremely popular. But instead we have a B-lister like Iron Man and a character 10/15 years ago no one gave a fuck about and was regarded as a joke like Captain America being the top sellers of the MCU.
>>
>>83834360

Same.

I'm sure both will make money, but I'm hoping they make buckets of money and are reviewed well because I'd really like it if the MCU didn't feel so stale.

Like, it got a shot of Adrenalin with Winter Soldier, but after that it's just felt like more of the same. Hopefully Doctor Strange will be different, but if it isn't I probably won't catch any more MCU movies at the theaters.
>>
>>83834413
Do you not realize the brand itself has now become a joke in the mainstream? It's not about profits, and really if you want to get into that its insanely sad that MoS made WB more than BvS, it's about the longevity of the entire franchise.

I mean for fucks sake, South Park's E3 trailer was shitting on it and the entire theater was loving it.
>>
>>83834413
When a B-list ebin maymay character like Deadpool can earn more hype than Batman and Superman in a movie together you know you have fucked up.
>>
>>83834488

Captain America has never been regarded as a joke.

He's probably the most recognisable Marvel character (equal with Spiderman), sure he isn't as big a character as Superman and Batman, but he's one of the few Golden Age Marvel characters and has been well known since then.

I do definitely agree about Iron Man though. And I'm not disproving your point, I'm just clarifying that Captain America isn't a "joke character"; and never has been.
>>
>>83834612
The posterboy of Marvel was always Spiderman, not Captain America and by the 1990s he was a washed up character who had seen much better times. Thanks to the MCU we are at a point in time that a movie about fucking Bucky Barnes could very well cross the billion dollar barrier.
>>
>>83834842
>and by the 1990s he was a washed up character who had seen much better times.

No he wasn't.
>>
>>83834842

I'm talking about being known well in the public eye. I do understand that Spiderman is Marvel's most bankable character. But everyone knows there's a character called Captain America and they could tell you roughly how he looks. The same is true of Spiderman as well I'm not really saying which is more well known to the general public, just that they are both well known.
>>
Where BvS was unwatchably terrible, Suicide Squad at least has the potential to be watchably terrible - a trainwreck that's enjoyable and not just boring.

Not enough info on Wonder Woman to make a prediction yet though, but if it turns out good or great, it will certainly boost the box office potential of Justice League, even if Justice League is shitty.
>>
>>83834612
noone knew captain america before MCU. at least not anyone in the mainstream audience
Marvels top characters were spiderman and wolverine.
>>
>>83837169
>Wolverine

Since when? The only time Wolverine was remotely popular was in the 90s and that was because of the X-Men animated series.
>>
>>83832984
lol nah op
>>
>>83834413
I only learned about this recently, but a lot of the big studios in Hollywood are based around making tent-pole movies - single, high budget films that are seen as guaranteed hits. They take the money they think they are going to be making from their tent-pole and use it to their smaller, riskier movies. That's how a movie can make back twice its budget and break 1 billion and still be considered a failure by the studio. If they went into production expecting their tent-pole to make 1.5 billion (and, given that it was a movie featuring the biggest names in the genre, that was probably a reasonable expectation to have) and it only ended up making 870 million, that's 630 million dollars that they can't use to make or promote the works that they had already planned to be putting out.
>>
>>83834160
What's this about suicide squad reshoots
>>
>>83834612
I would say cap was more well known then most of there hero's but nowhere fucking near spidy
>>
Eh probably but I still think that WB is stupid to keep Snyder on after BvS. Stupid contracts.
>>
Suicide Squad will be okay.
Batman will be good
Wonder Woman might suck. Gal Gadot is a liability, but who knows? She might actually improve due to landing a leading role in a blockbuster film.
Justice League will suck. Zack Snyder. Let's not pretend.
>>
>>83834115
This can be a good thing because it shows how shit Snyder really is if all thee movies are good.
>>
>>83839483
They did a few reshoots to add some light humor in the movie and not make it too grim dark. Pretty much all there is. Which makes no sense because these are all villains, it has to have grimdark shit on it.
>>
>SKWAD
So far, every new trailer makes me lean toward "no".
>WW
Fuuuuuuuuck no.
>>
>>83834115
This is what we want to happen If those 3 bomb as well then Snyder has a shield to protect himself with.
If he is shit but those 3 do well? He be shoved out of the chair nepotism be damned
>>
>>83832984
Wonder Woman will be shit cause it's got a militant kike in the lead who can't act and whose voice sounds like a dutch hooker working to fight her way through breast cancer because she used to smoke two packs everyday
>>
lol at this level of pleb

BvS Ultimate Cut is the best capefilm since Watchmen.
>>
>>83841123
Go to bed Snyder.
>>
>>83839740
They filmed action shots Devin
>>
>>83832984
BvS was really good. It's basically random if people like things or not. Whoever makes memes first wins, I guess.
>>
>>83832984
>>>/tv/
>>
>>83832984
Y'know...
I'd buy the shit out of a movie if J.K. Simmons was the Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83841994
People have been talking about movies since the beginning of /co/ so it really isn't out of place.
>>
>>83842337
> GRRRRR PETER GET ME THAT PHOTO OF ME AND SPIDERMAN FROM WORLD WAR I BACK FROM LEX LUTHOR OR I'LL RIP BOTH YOUR FUCKING HEADS OFF!
>>
so what happened to those guys that said that uncut BvS will be good?
>>
>>83844326
They're still saying it and will keep saying it until Skwad or more likely Justice League.

It's likely not going to be as loud or not going to be as easy to use it to troll with because so fewer people are going to bother seeing it in the first place since they were burned by the theatrical version.
>>
>>83832984
Is he getting ready to rape Leto's shitter?
>>
>>83839740

A few weeks ago they filmed some Star Wars: Rogue One reshoots.

Must be adding in some humour because of Deadpool right? Hell Winter Soldier had reshoots a few months before hand as well.

Plus, Reshoots are scheduled before hand. You think they got everything together, from writing to actors to sets, in a few days to add some more humour? Of course not.
>>
File: 1462862625304.gif (289 KB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
1462862625304.gif
289 KB, 177x177
>>83832984
>a 61 year old man is probably in better shape than I'll ever be
>>
>>83839740
David Ayer said at the last SDCC that the film would be funny. The original teaser was what they had filmed in a few weeks. The reshoots are to add a big action scene. You must be a retard if you believe Faraci- McWeeny, who was right on the money about BvS said that the reshoots are for action.
>>
>>83834413
A brand that underperforms will slowly continue to bleed out money and viewership if you intend to build on that brand.

If they just wanted to stop at BVS then the modest under performance wouldn't be a big deal. But leading into other movies with a movie most people aren't very satisfied with is not a recipe for success.
>>
>>83845511
He's like a bright burning flame, drawing Stan Lee closer... And closer...
>>
>>83834528
>South Park
>relevant
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.