[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe his personality.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: BlackPanther.jpg (87 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
BlackPanther.jpg
87 KB, 400x268
Describe his personality.
>>
BLACKED
>>
Too young to be cynical, too old to be optimistic
>>
WE
>>
>>83827288
WUZ
>>
>>83826757
He is black
>>
File: can't read my, can't read my.png (752 KB, 638x526) Image search: [Google]
can't read my, can't read my.png
752 KB, 638x526
>>83826757
cool-headed borderline-emotionless KEIKAKUmancer.
If you're talking about the movie version specifically he hasn't gotten there yet, since it took many years of being the Black Panther to pressurize him into that black diamond. In earlier depictions he was a little more carefree & charismatic, and more inclined to enjoy what luxuries his position afforded him. His movie will probably be about the transition from the latter to the former, as the sheer weight of his newfound responsibility starts to dawn on him.
>>
>>83826757
He's the real Batman.
>>
Batman ripoff

From the costume
To having no powers
And relying on martial arts and gadgets
To muh parents are deaaadddddd
>>
>>83827600
Technically only one parent is dead.
>>
>>83827348

THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
Is his movie going to be an origin story, or all about protecting Bucky from the world?
>>
>>83826757
Level headed guy disconnected from the people around him who can get enraged at moral issues easily. Often Sanctimonious.
>>
>>83827668
neither pls
pls
>>
Serious bad ass black man.
Just like 70% of black heroes.
>>
He's a noble prince turned king who feels he has to bare the weight of the world on his shoulders. He's capable, intelligent, and worthy of the mantle of the Black Panther but there's still a part of him that fears the legacy he lives up to. But he tries. Not for himself, not for his father, but for the greater good of Wakanda. Black Panther is the type of guy who would cackle like a demon while riding a panther shaped hover motorcycle
>>
>>83827668
Civil War was his origin story.
>>
>>83826757
The type of guy who believes that it's poor people's fault they are poor.
>>
>>83826757

An asshole
>>
>>83827712
Was with you until he cackle like a demon part.
Sounds OOC tbqh. He's a man of restraint. I guess it sounds more likely if you mean as an intimidation tactic, but even then maintaining complete silence & a steely cold stare as he bears down upon the prey sounds more like him.
>>
affirmative action batman
>>
Black Panther vs Black Manta

Who wins?
>>
>>83827836
I think having him as a more expressive character that kind of understands and accepts his arrogance is more interesting and true to his origins

I mean, his first appearance in the FF was some pretty fun and bizarre thing. He pretty much jumped around from deathtrap to pitfall to see if the FF where worthy enough heroes to help his cause

While you can make him silent, he does become another hunter absolute type. Its effective, but generic
>>
>>83827610
Yeah. His dad is weird mix of Thomas and Alfred.
>>
File: 1343618978790.gif (2 MB, 225x164) Image search: [Google]
1343618978790.gif
2 MB, 225x164
>>83827899
pic related happens, no one is harmed.
>>
>>83827600
>>83827600
>>From the costume
Did you see Batman's costume in 1966?

>To having no powers
BP is enhanced

>And relying on martial arts and gadgets
He hardly relies on gadgets

>To muh parents are deaaadddddd
Like 90% of superheroes
>>
File: T'Swagga.png (309 KB, 397x381) Image search: [Google]
T'Swagga.png
309 KB, 397x381
>>83827917
I know what you mean about classic T'Challa being arrogant, but he hasn't been portrayed like that for a while. At least not with consistency, all the modern depictions I can think of go with the cold calculator angle. Which I'm kinda okay with. It's the character progression you'd naturally expect from a man in his position (which I'm sure can be swung as "regression" instead, but IMO he's the very BEST Absolute Hunter type).
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 500x309
>>
File: panthersue.jpg (143 KB, 675x1024) Image search: [Google]
panthersue.jpg
143 KB, 675x1024
>>83828066
word
>>
>>83828066
I guess I just don't see the point in making him a standard lone wolf hero type when he can be so much more. The only other character I can think of who can match T'Challa's bat shit crazy levels of boasting and genius would be Lex Luthor and maybe Mister Miracle. I can't imagine any other hero who would willingly thrust themselves into danger with both arms behind his back knowing full well that nothing can stop the Black Panther, and more importantly, being about it right too
>>
>Civil War comes out
>goddamn man Black Panther was great

>a month goes by
>LOL BORING NIGGER BATMAN
>>
>>83826757
Gonna throw something in the dark.
Black Hamlet?
Not in origin, not in backstory. I'm talking the proud, smart but smug royal pain in over his head sort of thing.

The ghost parent thing does fit in tho.
>>
>>83827348
But he literally is a king.
>>
>>83826757
He's a cat.
>>
>>83826757
Does this have to do with when I said bp and ww have no personality?
>>
I AM DE CAPTIN NOW
>>
HE'S THE AFRICAN BATMAN LMAO!
>>
>>83826757
What today's black youth should aspire to be like instead of the the gangsta wannabes that the rap industry glorifies.
>>
>>83826757
Ultra Black
>>
File: Black Panther.jpg (19 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther.jpg
19 KB, 600x316
>>83826757
In the movie?

Nationalistic, prideful, aggressive, vengeful, but also loyal, intelligent, charismatic, and willing to sacrifice for his country/family.
>>
>>83826757
Refined. Proud and calculated.
>>
>>83827288
>>83827348
/pol/ please leave
>>
Are white people ready for everett ross to become the worlds biggest cuck ever? I'm not sure.
>>
He iz king
>>
File: 454034-reddit-upvoted.jpg (20 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
454034-reddit-upvoted.jpg
20 KB, 275x275
>>83832323
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>83832323
>I can't into irony
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.