[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>She-Hulk is in a coma >even though she clearly died
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4208x2936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4208x2936
>She-Hulk is in a coma
>even though she clearly died
>>
>>83826675
Most likely answer is that there was enough of a backlash editorial realized that Bendis had done something really, really, REALLY stupid and told him to change it.
>>
>>83826675
Are you implying that Bendis has any sort of plan or respect for continuity within his own stories?
>>
>>83826675

What backlash? I haven't seen one person outraged over She-Hulk's death.

Actually that's kind of depressing.
>>
>>83826722
Is this your first day on /co/?
>>
Lemme guess.
It's a Thanos-coma-beeping alarm, right?
To go with the Thanos killing missile.
>>
>>83826722
She Hulk and Rhodey dying was one of many things people bitched about in the leaks.
But when the issues came out the only thing changed was Homer to Ulysses, probably because the first issue was already being drawn when the leaks came out.
>>
>>83826783
Kek
>>
>>83826735
>>83826784
I think he means in the story. Tony is going all MUH RHODEY but no one has said a peep about Shulkie.
>>
>>83826856
Oh
Yeah that's pretty funny then
>>
>>83826697
You are a retard if you think they could change such a major event in such a huge crossover in such a small period of time based off some whiners on message boards.
>>
>>83826883
>small period of time

The leaks were back in January
That's a four month time period which is a pretty long time, and Marquez last IIM issue was #5 in December so he started working on CW2 by December
They seemed to have the #0, FCBD, and #1 fully scripted by then going by the leaks so he had to started drawing it by then
And it's not hard to believe that they'd start working on it early since Secret Wars was so delayed because of art

And they did change his name to Ulysses so whining and making fun of the name Homer did something lol
>>
>>83826883
They already made minor alterations in the previous issues so it's not far off.
>>
Patsy Walker's going to be sad over a coma.
>>
>>83826675
they call it a coma because gamma powered beings generally return from death fairly quickly. for god sakes the hulk was burned down to a skeleton and came back. the maestro came back from being skeletal fragments as a wlaking corpse and drained gamma rays from the hulk to fully ressurect. it's completely in character for a dead hulk to \be called in a coma.

but yeah bendis is shit and marvel made him back up on this.
>>
>>83826883
>in such a small period of time

Four months between the #1 leak and the publication of #1 is not that small a period of time for them to change dialogue for #2.

Besides, they changed the name Homer to Ulysses.
>>
>>83827066
It's hilarious. I wonder if the issue was suppose to be her mourning Shulkie's death.
>>
File: Usoland.png (342 KB, 931x691) Image search: [Google]
Usoland.png
342 KB, 931x691
>page shows painfully generic cliffhanger
>"clearly dead"

Maybe there really is some truth in the "not smart enough to understand" meme the bvsfags like to screech.
>>
>shows her flatlining
>"It's okay, guys, she's just sleeping it off"
Fuck it.
>>
>>83827066
>>83827136
Apparently Leth didn't know what happened to Jen until the issue actually came out so she had to rewrite it.
So either she didn't know she was gonna die or she thought she was gonna die but they changed it to a coma without telling her.
>>
>>83827174
Dude they can restart hearts. I mean it would be super hard to do because she's hulked out and you'd need a fuckton of electricity, but it's do-able
>>
File: Hellcat.jpg (216 KB, 630x973) Image search: [Google]
Hellcat.jpg
216 KB, 630x973
>>83827136

>Patsy Walker A.K.A Hellcat! #8

>When fallout from the battlefields of Civil War II hits close to home, Patsy is forced to take stock of her life as a hero — and to face what it really costs to be A.K.A. HELLCAT.

>The Totally Awesome Hulk #9

>AMADEUS CHO has lost someone very close to him. Now he’s mad. VERY MAD. No one would like him when he’s very mad.
>>
>a Hulk is "dying" and they can't find a gamma expert
>Banner is nowhere to be found

>Hulk is going to kill everyone in the future, we need to find him!
>Carol just happens to walk in on Banner at home doing scientist shit

GREAT WRITING
>>
>>83826675
>What is resuscitation
>>
>>83827173
Maybe you're trying to damage control for the comic.
>>
>>83827173
They didn't even show them restarting her heart or say she was in a coma. They just put it in previously page. They clearly meant for her to die but chickened out.
>>
>>83827208
>So either she didn't know she was gonna die or she thought she was gonna die but they changed it to a coma without telling her.

Going by the solicitation it sounds more like the latter.
>>
>>83827244
> to be A.K.A. HELLCAT.
what in the name of fuck?
>>
>>83827244
I didn't know War Machine was close to Shulkie.
>>
>>83826697
It's extremely obvious that it was never the intention to kill her. That last line of hers is the single most obvious "Carol misinterprets the line then She-Hulk comes back to explain what she really meant by it in the last issue to show that Carol was in the wrong all along" shit ever.
>>
File: Blackbolt.jpg (81 KB, 389x599) Image search: [Google]
Blackbolt.jpg
81 KB, 389x599
>Bruce and Jen will come back the same way Samson did
>>
>>83827244
The Totally Awesome Hulk solicitation is most likely because of Banner though.
>>
>>83827250
Does Bendis try this hard to be terrible?
>>
>>83827244
>AMADEUS CHO has lost someone very close to him. Now he’s mad. VERY MAD. No one would like him when he’s very mad.
The person that solicit is talking about is obviously Bruce Banner.
>>
>>83827250
>Banner is nowhere to be found

It's just Carol is selfish and only cared when she was the one in trouble, that's what Bendis meant by that.
>>
>>83827294
>They clearly meant for her to die but chickened out.
No? They wouldn't kill both Bruce and Jen in the same event.

I fucking hate that people around here are so stupid that I'm forced into actually defending this horseshit.
>>
>>83827352
I think the problem with Bendis is he doesn't try at all when writing his dialogue. He just shits whatever comes to mind that sounds smarty enough for his scenes, then when people makes him realice he fucked up he makes something like Anti-Thanos missiles and makes it even worse.
>>
>>83827346
>Ralph, I thought you were dead!
>Nope!
>>
>>83827387
>No? They wouldn't kill both Bruce and Jen in the same event.

>has her flatlining after getting a "THANOS BUSTING"-rocket to the tits
>solicits for two books she's involved in talk about how the characters are mourning

She had death flags all over the place Anon.
>>
>>83827387

I don't even know why people even think their deaths will be long term even IF both of them died. Fucking Doc Samson is alive, and the comic outright tells us he died WEEKS ago.

Death is a complete joke in Marvel's 616 community.
>>
File: 1446832744693.gif (1 MB, 419x237) Image search: [Google]
1446832744693.gif
1 MB, 419x237
>>83827443
>Fucking Doc Samson is alive, and the comic outright tells us he died WEEKS ago.

That's just Bendis being Bendis. Doc Samson has been dead for years and even showed up dead in Deadpool.
>>
>>83826675
So the recaps are written by interns getting info on comics that may change from editors. I would not be surprised if Bendis changed his mind on this shit after this recap was written and it slipped through
>>
>>83827365
>>83827347
These comics are out in July. There'd have been enough time back in January to do quick rewrites to make it Banner's death for the Hulk book instead.
>>
>>83827443
The comic tells you that Carol found out weeks ago, not that he died weeks ago.
>>
>>83827387

Dude Bendis even responded to readers questions about the miss idols KILLING She Hulk and Bendis literal response was

"hurr sure if you were knew Thanos was coming, wouldn't you prepare for him? :^)"

His entire job as a writer is to make sure we don't have questions like this. Important shit to the story should not be left off panel or MADE UP after it's been written
>>
Hypothetically, if She-Hulk did die, how angry would Bruce Hulk be?
>>
>>83827409
>Anti-Thanos missiles
How many times do I have to tell you assholes he was being a smart-ass when he said that? They weren't anti-Thanos missiles. There are no anti-Thanos missiles. Fuck.
>>
>>83827722
He was being serious. He even phraised it that when you go against Thanos you bring the biggest guns and that's what War Machine did and that's why he was there. Even though he told Stark his equipment was dated.
>>
>>83827722
>he was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>83827424
False flags, anon. False flags.
>>
>>83827988
After Zack surviving Kamen Rider Gaim, I don't know how to trust flags.
>>
>>83827506
But Cho really doesn't have any connection to Jen. Like, he'd be bummed but no more so than if it was any other random super-hero.

Bruce is someone he idolizes though.
>>
>>83826675
Because this is all filler the real civil war is if they should pull the plug on her or not
>>
>>83826675
So She-Hulk is in a coma but Rohdey is still dead? Even though the one black writer marvel has told them it was a stupid idea and would be racially insentive;given how progressive Marvel tries to present themselves.
>>
File: Jerky Mc Jerkface.png (37 KB, 663x262) Image search: [Google]
Jerky Mc Jerkface.png
37 KB, 663x262
>>
>>83827722
So there's no explanation to why a regular missile can put a Hulk in a coma?
>>
>>83826675
As long as she's not dead.
>>
>>83828147
If Tumblr wasn't such a shitty goddamn site I could find the fucking ask and prove that either he was joking or I'm a faggot cocksucking piece of shit.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/145291677597/can-you-please-explain-to-me-why-she-hulk-gets

I still feel like this is a joke, but maybe I'm just a cocksucking faggot afterall. Also, IIRC, Rhodey went there to surprise Carol, not help against Thanos. Though, I suppose that begs the question of how did Rhodey know where Carol was in the first place so excuse me while I go mongle ten thousand cocks like the cock-mongling faggot that I am.
>>
>>83828147
>a Hulk

Jen isn't on the same level as the Hulk. She-Hulk is my favorite character, and I can buy that the missile knocked her for a loop. But not outright kill her.
>>
>>83826675
Those nice doctor people were trying to restart her heart.
>>83827387
Marvels plan to sell off Hulk movie rights confirmed.
>>
>>83828069
Black characters shouldn't be given death immunity. Bendis is replacing him with a twofer, a black woman.
>>
>>83826675
Please tell me that BEEEP is a edit. Fucking Comics.
>>
>>83828634
I don't think he should be immune to death but you just kill a black person for white man pain. And Carol doesn't seem to give much of a shit even though he was her bf.
And who is replacing him?
>>
>>83828785
Nope, it's real.
>>
>>83827721
Pretty angry, but he'd probably be angry at Thanos, unlike Tony who decided to get angry at some kid who provided life-saving intel.
>>
>>83828947

Carol should be with Peter anyways to be honest
>>
>>83828785
>>83829170
There IS a REEEEEEE edit however.
>>
>>83826883
you obviously weren't around for Armageddon 2001 and how it's ending changed regarding Monarch's true identity
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.