[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I stop re-watching this show all of a sudden after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 298x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 298x237
Why can't I stop re-watching this show all of a sudden after all these years? Help
>>
>>83822008
Don't stop, man. When the Jungle Movie premieres on Nick, you will be up-to-speed!
>>
>>83822008

Because Rhonda is best girl
>>
>>83822542
Throughout my re-watching, I am indeed finding myself liking her quite a bit, whereas I was indifferent about her growing up.
>>
>>83822476
Has anyone asked them why Lila isn't in it?
>>
>>83823328
Lila is STUPID! I hope she's doesn't return
>>
Because it's a legitimately well-written show with a well-characterized protagonist who is good-natured but flawed, surrounded by a cast of side characters who each have a surprising amount of depth. It's like Steven Universe, but unlike that show, it feels a lot less forced and doesn't rely on PLOT to keep us interested.
>>
File: oskar!.png (258 KB, 406x354) Image search: [Google]
oskar!.png
258 KB, 406x354
Did she stay with him because he gave her choice dickings or what? Because he was legitimately a terrible person.
>>
>>83823304

She had sass and class
>>
File: hipster bs.jpg (36 KB, 473x352) Image search: [Google]
hipster bs.jpg
36 KB, 473x352
Because the 90s were better
>>
>>83823328
Not everyone needs to return when you make a sequel to anything.
>>
File: pretentious hipster bullshit.png (507 KB, 708x542) Image search: [Google]
pretentious hipster bullshit.png
507 KB, 708x542
>>83823625
Here, have a better version.
>>
>>83823978
Lila will be poor forever.
>>
>>83822542
That's a weird way to spell Miriam
>>
>>83823508
He had his moments, maybe a lot more like them off screen.
>>
>>83822008

The kick ass jazz score.
>>
File: morning_after.jpg (523 KB, 1200x842) Image search: [Google]
morning_after.jpg
523 KB, 1200x842
>>
>>83827626
Her legs look weird in that picture, especially if you focus on the feet.
>>
This is like the third HA thread this week, not that Im complaining.

It does leave you a little hollow once you finish it, though. Hope the movie can sew that wound.
>>
>>83823392
You are right, but she give us this scene.
>>
>>83831633
Olga looks an awful lot like Leni Loud in that scene.
>>
>>83827626
This artstyle looks familiar.

>>83829540
Yes, it delivers a fuckton of feels, doesn't it?
>>
I am always suspect when it comes to Hey Arnold threads on this website, since every time it seems like it's just a few 90s kids circlejerking.

Honestly, I never really saw the appeal to Hey Arnold. To each his own, I suppose.
>>
File: naldy.jpg (477 KB, 715x3004) Image search: [Google]
naldy.jpg
477 KB, 715x3004
>>
I've never really saw this show, only the memorial day special. Do you guys watch it on kisscartoon?
>>
>>83836248
Well, considering the amount of shitposting that goes on in this board, I'm not suprised that the discussions and reminiscing that goes on in these threads is seen as circlejerking.

Hey Arnold is an old show, and the fanbase is not that big, but very dedicated. Its always a pleasure to be able to discuss the show in any depth whatsoever.

Im just happy that the bulk of the discussion is actually super smart, with minimal waifu faggotry or shitposting in general. Its an oasis in the desert of shit. You want circlejerking? Go to a MCU thread on Reddit, it'll open your eyes.
>>
>>83837522
You could watch it there, but the quality is sub-par. Watch it on toon.is , they got DVD quality there.
>>
>>83837830
Thanks mane. Can't wait to watch it
>>
File: Stella.jpg (18 KB, 200x370) Image search: [Google]
Stella.jpg
18 KB, 200x370
>>83822008
I can't find ANY r34 of Arnold's mom...
>>
>>83838309
Grampa Phil will let you have those pages of the diary when you're older.
>>
>>83823508
I guess she's just one of those rare people that actually stands by the idea of the sanctity of marriage and refuses to divorce. I am almost certain that she only got roped into marrying him in the first place because he came to her with a sob story about being deported if she didn't.
>>
File: Tumblr_mud226uxgn1skfxtro1_1280.png (463 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_mud226uxgn1skfxtro1_1280.png
463 KB, 720x480
>>83838340
I would motorboat those tits all day.
>>
>>83823454
Yes.
Good writing.
Great music.
Urban setting where everything isn't rosy and wonderful.
Flawed but interesting characters.
And the big mystery is about to be solved.
>>
>>83838407
I'm ALMOST tempted to try and write something nearly impossible for a fanfic: the story of how Oskar and Suzue met and eventually fell in love, all while staying in the continuity of the show AND staying true to character.
>>
So I've been re-watching episodes, and despite seeing pretty much every single ultra-popular one again(besides christmas, journal, and parents day, but I actually remember those well enough after all these years), none have really given me feels. For some unfathomable reason though, "Crabby Author" gave me some pretty heavy ones and even made me tear up a bit.

Yes, I'm more than well-aware that when I re-watch the christmas episode, I'll probably bawl my eyes out, but I'm talking about thus far
>>
>>83822008
cause its cool
>>
Anyone remember the episode where they had to help stinky get circumcised?
>>
>>83840260
Oh... Man... That was like the most emotional episode of HA! I remember...
>>
>>83840260
"Oh, man. This really bites."
>>
i havent watched hey arnold is years, besides to the 5 eps are there any i NEED to watch to understand jungle movie?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 512x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 512x382
>>83840471
>>
>>83839232
The series doesnt try to be sad or melodramatic, though. and thats why its a cut above the rest, it doesnt try to be a tear jerker, just real and honest.

For example, take the Christmas episode. They could have shown Mr Hyuhn crying or something, but instead they just showed him depressed and introspective.
>>
>>83841333
Got to respect this show for how it treated the audience. Fall of Saigon, World War 2 stories, Vietnam, to name a few. Not a lot of sugar coating.
>>
>>83822008
Hey Arnold was built to be a timeless show. Majority of the episodes could probably relate to the present day
>>
>>83823328
>Has anyone asked them why Lila isn't in it?

Because she's fucking irrelevant. Arnold wants some of that tsundere poon now.
>>
>>83822008
The jazz score in the credits roll makes me feel so many things at once every time I hear it.

I remember being so fucking needy about watching this show again at least two or three years ago, got around to it literally last month, and not only did it end up being better than I expected it to be, but it felt as something that was truly rewarding.
>>
>>83841968
I actually saw that Veteran's day episode for the first time on YT not too long ago. Still can't believe they got away with cartoon Hitler on Nickelodeon.

On a semi related note, the YT version of the episode where Arnold, Gerald, Harold, Sid & Eugene's parents (grandparents in Arnold's case) And the episode ends really abruptly, like there was something wrong with how it was recorded. I chalked it up to error on the you tuber's part and then I caught it on The Splat the other day and it's cut short on there as well.

Ok, done rambling, was just wondering if anyone has ever seen this ep in it's entirety.
>>
Thought you guys might enjoy.

https://youtu.be/1hJKhiew2O0

Sample is from the OST of Hey Arnold!

Anyone wondering, it's well worth checking out. similar premise to the movie Kids, but without the sex, violence, and drugs. Great series that impacted me, and many others.
>>
>>83844911
Arnold: "You did not fight Adolf Hitler. You're making this all up!"
Phil: (laughs) "Okay, you got me, I made that up. Pretty funny, huh?" (laughs) "It was Goebbels."
>>
I don't know why, but for whatever reason when I see a Hey Arnold thread here, it always just seems like it's just a bunch of 90s kids circle jerking about how great their nostalgia is.

After Timbox's constant hoax threads, it's hard for me to believe that a new Hey Arnold movie is coming out, especially since Nick has never shown any attraction to its 90s titles that aren't Spongebob. Doesn't help that every HA thread on here seems to repeat the same topics.

It may be to each his own, because I never really saw the appeal of this series, but I still find it suspect that Nickelodeon has suddenly decided to revive its 90s series which don't even mesh well with today's demographics.
>>
>>83845120
Most of the HA! fans are adults who don't hang out on /co/. The fact that there are still a few of us who put up with the endless deluge of crap from all types of fans talking about all types of shows and comics speaks volumes about how dedicated we are in finding more fans and enjoying our little corner of the board.

I'm thrilled that Craig got Nickelodeon to agree to this resolution for the show. In addition to making the fans happy, it's good business. Beyond the initial publicity-stunt factor, it demonstrates to Nick the viability and financial sense of developing shows they create and own outright. As long as they make sure the shows are appealing and keep up the quality, they can make a lot of money. That HA! may be at the forefront of a renaissance for Nick is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>83845120
Stop saying that, it was a decent show, not amazing but its still worth talking about for some people.
>>
>>83843880
>>83822008

If you guys like that jazz fusion sound, check out the Brecker Brothers. They did some music in the early 90s which has a very 'hey arnold" feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ufv-SWoxWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vz2Gm6KcZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCSMqKLzrX8
>>
>>83845805
Hey Arnold is amazing in my opinion.

It was a show aimed at kids that didn't talk down to the audience. It reached out to a wide audience and it wasn't afraid to touch "real issues" like psychology, down-on-their-luck parents, suicide, getting out of your comfort zone, and other subjects. It was slice-of-life done right with a nice comfy setting.
>>
>>83845838
fucking based. thanks a lot, will be giving these a go when I come back from work in a few hours.
>>
This show is amazing, that's why
>>
>>83845120
Well shit Anon it's only been cancelled for twelve years. Pretty much everything that can be said has, except now there's actually something on the horizon to talk about again.
>>
Is there any good Helga rule 34?
>>
>>83845838
Talk about your smooth jams, good stuff.
>>
File: helgapataki2.jpg (143 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
helgapataki2.jpg
143 KB, 540x800
>>
>>83845120
Yeah, we heard you the first time
>>
>>83844911
You must mean the one where they went camping. "Let's fish for ...the halibut."
>>83845860
Another thing is that the kids actually went to school and the adults had jobs (mailman, butcher, running a boarding house). They didn't just set around being a plot device.
>>
>>83849662
>They didn't just set around being a plot device.

Except for Oskar: "Suzie, make me a sandwich."

(Maybe one day she'll make a deal with Marty Green and Oskar will in fact be made into a sandwich.)
>>
>>83849631
stop
>>
While re-watching it, I've noticed one rather largely reoccuring issue; the show keeps using that one "speak of the devil" trope, where whenever a character says something will never happen or they'll never find someone or something, it always happens or appears in front of them as soon as they say that. It isn't a bad thing, but this show does it more often than it should.
>>
>>83851233
Not that anon, but stop what? It's good art.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>83850272
>>
>>83836248
No because it's a 90s show that actually holds up as really good
>>
>>83845781
>I'm thrilled that Craig got Nickelodeon to agree to this resolution for the show.
Was this what happened? I thought it was Nickelodeon who approached Craig.
>>
>>83856179
I think he approached them initially, and they got back to him later.
>>
So, we always talk about who was best girl and shit, but who was the funniest character?

Im thinking that its a tie between Curly and Principal Wartz
>>
Where do you even rewatch this? It's not on Netflix or Prime.
>>
>>83823547
>Rhonda is best girl
>>
>>83859491
It's on hulu, but you need an account for it.
>>
>>83836394
Spongebob's face is my face
>>
I had a phase like that with Doug a couple years ago. Just spent days on end smoking weed and watching Doug with friends. It was great.
>>
>>83859491
Toon.is has the best quality.

Alternatively you can download the entire thing on piratebay
>>
File: Hitler doing a fist pump.png (99 KB, 190x201) Image search: [Google]
Hitler doing a fist pump.png
99 KB, 190x201
>>83849631
Continue
>>
>>83857756
I see. Funny how it all turned out ok in the end.
>>
>>83859557
This
Also Phoebe
>>
File: Darling.png (466 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Darling.png
466 KB, 640x480
>>83859557
>>83865179

Why thank you anons
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.