[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So basically they wanted to make Ultimate Spiderman but couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: spider-man-homecoming-logo.jpg (21 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-homecoming-logo.jpg
21 KB, 620x349
So basically they wanted to make Ultimate Spiderman but couldn't handle having blatino and Asian leads?
>>
I don't know where they are going with this film. It's like a Spider-Man film without his supporting cast.
>>
>>83821867
>>83821897
Seems like they are trying to go the most unique way possible considering his origin and primary supporting cast has been done to death. It seems more like Spectacular than anything, to me.
>>
>>83821867
>Ultimate
God I hope no. If people get this from the fact that he's 15, then they're wrong. Making him so young means that they'll be able to adapt Spidey from every part of his life so far.

If they decide to ever adapt his time in college the way it was depicted in Spider-man Blue I'll be the happiest Spiderfag alive.
>>
>>83821947

this, the 60s cast but updated to not be all white kids.

also that one kid isn't based on ganke, director deconfirmed
>>
>>83822134
I mean, of course he would say that. But if he turns out to be Peter's best friend who's really into superheroes and is kind of sarcastic, what are we to think? That they just inserted a new character who just happens to be a lot like Ganke except skinny and white, but is definitely not based on him?
>>
>>83821867
How new are you?

Ultimate Spider-Man had white leads for about ten years before Miles showed up.
>>
File: 1465922052652.png (89 KB, 340x352) Image search: [Google]
1465922052652.png
89 KB, 340x352
>Vulture and Tinkerer as the villains
>>
File: 3937838-parker+luck.jpg (70 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
3937838-parker+luck.jpg
70 KB, 500x397
Spider-Man in high school is important

But it's only important if we see him leave, eventually

If this version goes onto college and grad school and marries Mary Jane eventually, more power to him

But if he dies before getting to accomplish anything like Ultimate Peter or gets banished to stunted development like 616 Peter, then... well, I guess that's the old Parker Luck
>>
File: Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg (69 KB, 400x603) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg
69 KB, 400x603
The best way to do Spider-Man is;
>best friends are Gwen and Harry
>him and Flash job back and forth at each other
>bitten by radioactive spider freshman year (NOT GENETICALLY MODIFIED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
>discover powers next day
>fight with Flash day after
>Uncle Ben killed that night
>wrasslin, buys a red mask and sunglasses at dollar store
>that night goes out looking for killer in red mask and sunglasses
>finds a dude from the same gang, dude says where the killer hangs out
>next day makes prototype costume from bobsled outfits, uses sunglass lenses for the suit's eyes, makes web-shooters out of watches
>get killer
>stop small crimes for two months or so
>car accidents, muggings, etc
>known as a vigilante
>selling pics of random shit to Bugle
>saving the money, ordering shit like red and blue thread, metal, teflon, etc
>makes classic suit and web-shooters
>JJJ tells him to get pictures of Spider-Man now that he's getting more prominent
>first outing with classic costume, web-shooters, spider signal, etc
>first picture he gets of himself as Spidey is pic related
>high school continues
>Rogues Gallery forms while he's in high school
>meets like 30 year old Black Cat for /ss/
>Gets more popular, flirts with Liz Allan, Michelle Gonzales, Betty Brant, Marcie Kane, etc
>junior year he and Gwen go to prom together, at this point both Gwen and Harry know he's Spider-Man
>senior year ends
>that summer, Gwen and Peter are out to dinner when Goblin shows up
>Death of Gwen Stacy
>meets MJ in college
>>
>>83822134
>>83821947
They should just adapt Spectacular Spider-Man into a film and be done with it.
>>
File: adasd.png (204 KB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
adasd.png
204 KB, 540x301
>have perfectly cast Spider-Man
>start pulling the "NOT MUH" over ....his freaking supporting cast

/co/, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>83822930
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>83822930
But the MJ/Gwen triangle and MJ being friends with Gwen used to be a real important part of MJ's character.
>>
>>83822640
>happens to be a lot like Ganke except skinny and white

Morales wasn't the only or even first superhero to have a normal best friend.

When I first heard this, on /co/ (I should have known better than to listen). It was they are taking Ganke and putting him in "Homecoming". Then bit by bit it slowly degrades into Peter will have a friend. And I can't for the life of me see the problem with that. But I also can't undestand why anyone would just assume he's a Ganke surrogate and not a Harry surrogate.
>>
>>83823034
OP here. I love the new Spider-Man. I just think it's shitty if using it as a back door to get part of Ultimate's elements in. I would rather they take this Spider-Man in a completely new direction, possibly in a way that gives us Miles. Fuck, if they want to swap Miles and Peter's roles in an interesting way (Peter is a teen but experienced, Spider-Glover is an adult thrust into the role), I'd really down for that.
>>
>>83823136
Because Harry and Ganke are very different and the rumors are that this guy is more like Ganke.
>>
>>83823091
This. Love triangle era was the besterest.
>>
>>83823364
>I just think it's shitty if using it as a back door to get part of Ultimate's elements in.
>possibly in a way that gives us Miles

>Doesn't want Ultimate stuff in
>wants Miles, literally one of the worst parts of Ultimate as far as Spider-Man is concerned

What?
>>
>>83821867

>So basically they wanted to make Ultimate Spiderman but couldn't handle having blatino and Asian leads?

Uh...you do realize Ultimate Spider-Man started with Peter, right?
>>
>>83822791
Spider-Man suffers from chronology bias: characters almost always revert to the status quo of their early issues even if the later issues were more popular.

So the Lee/Romita status quo for Peter is arguably the status quo that lasted the longest - a young man with a good love life. But even though he wasn't a nerdy teenager for very long, it's the "real" Spidey for many people because it came first.

It's the same reason Batman adaptations often think the "real" Batman is the brooding solo crimefighter even though the creators added Robin very early in the run. Or why the original Avengers and X-Men lineups are mythologized even though those lineups were never actually popular at the time.
>>
File: Anthony Quiñonez.jpg (197 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Anthony Quiñonez.jpg
197 KB, 480x720
>>83823443
OP didn't even check the cast of this movie
>>
>>83823435
If they were going to do Miles they should have done Miles. Doing "It's Miles but we're going to call him Peter Parker because we're afraid a black/Latino lead will kill the box office" is kind of underhanded.
>>
>>83823669

Is it wrong that they're adding some elements of Miles into Peter? We've known for years that the MCU takes elements of EVERYTHING and twists it into whatever they want.

Fuck that niggerspic Miles.
>>
>>83823388
>and the rumors are that this guy is more like Ganke

Rumors is part of my point. Unless you can show me some part of the script or character description where this guy is acting just like or eerily similar to Ganke.

I haven't seen anything that even slightly corroborates these claims. And as I mentioned in my earlier post, the more I find out about this role, the less and less it sounds like Ganke, at least physically so far. But coming from the original statement which was Ganke is going to be in Homecoming, it's already deviated pretty far. And I'm personally not inclined to believe, oh, well he acts just or a lot like Ganke, until I see some proof.
>>
>>83823809
>Is it wrong that they're adding some elements of Miles into Peter?
If the point is to have as much of Miles as possible because it works really well for a teenage Spidey, but to erase his ethnicity to pander to fragile white audiences, yes.
>Fuck that niggerspic Miles.
I think you'll like dobléchan better. This here is a happy place.

>>83823928
Well, look. Peter already has a best friend in Harry. What's the reason to change that? If this really is Peter-washed Miles, then Ganke comes along by default. If it isn't, then sure, it's a bit more of a logical leap, but what's this all about inventing new friends for Peter Parker wholesale? If that's the case, why not just have a new Spider-Man altogether?

They're twisting themselves into knots over something. Is it a race issue? Could be, might not be. Maybe it's restrictions set by Sony. Maybe they're desperate to find a fresh way to follow Spidey. I dunno. I will tell you, though, that this is the kind of pained contortions that usually follow when they're trying to whitewash a story. So I'm not putting it past them for an instant.
>>
I looked at the IMDB page and they have a bunch of mystery meat young actors, will Liz Allen, Flash Thompson, Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborne be in this movie? Or there isn't much White people in Jew York anymore?
>>
>>83824286

But the only things different from classic Pete is that he lives in housing projects and that Tony gave him a suit. He's still mostly classic Peter.
>>
>>83824286
>Peter already has a best friend in Harry.

In college (which Peter isn't at yet). And Harry actually started out hating him.
>>
File: 1438615160015.jpg (64 KB, 270x297) Image search: [Google]
1438615160015.jpg
64 KB, 270x297
>>83822930

>Gwen and Harry

Never again
>>
>>83824361
>Or there isn't much White people in Jew York anymore?

New York is famous for all of the fucking immigrants that come into the country there

it's not a white city you damned fool
>>
>>83824286
>wanting a harry for a third time
please god no
>>
Michael Barbieri was never said to BE Ganke, just a character similar to him.
>>
>>83822930
>>Uncle Ben killed that night
>>wrasslin, buys a red mask and sunglasses at dollar store
That's doing the story out of order you fucking mong.
>>
How about Hobgloblin?
>>
>>83824286
>Well, look. Peter already has a best friend in Harry.
He only met Harry in college in the comics. They might well wait until s sequel somewhere after Infinity War to introduce him, especially as James Franco and Dane DeHaan are still fresh on people's minds anyway. If Peter was 15 in Civil War he will be the right age for college by then.

They could just have Liz Allan, Flash Thompson, Sally Avril, etc. Maybe Kenneth "Kong" McFarlane if they're taking stuff from Ultimate. Maybe even some OCs, or semi-OCs who just have the name of some minor background character (like Sean "Tiny" McKeever, Seymore O'Reilly, Jason Ionello and Charlie Weiderman)
>>
Will Peter have a boyfriend?
>>
>>83823520
Maybe the new kid will last long enough to grow into Lee/Romita Spider-Man. The good thing about movies is they can't keep them a teenager forever..

..well, maybe with today's tech they can.
>>
>>83823091
>>83823423
There was no love triangle. Read the actual comics.
>>
>>83824384
Already he has more in common with Miles than Peter.
>>
File: 1453443359096.jpg (60 KB, 1018x518) Image search: [Google]
1453443359096.jpg
60 KB, 1018x518
>High school Spider-Man
>>
>>83821867
>Ultimate Spider-Man
Mark Bagley needs his hands irreperably smashed multiple times with sledgehammers so the fucker never works again.
>>
>>83826052
>There was no love triangle
And Peter didn't snap Gwen's neck right?
>>
>>83821867
Ultimate Spider-man is white.
>>
>>83821897
Most of the current announced cast are under fake names
>>
>>83827614
No, that definitely happened. Just no competition between Gwen and MJ over Peter. That's part of why it was so refreshing.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.