[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we discuss overrated /co/ shit Why is EE&E such a frequent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: benaffleckman.jpg (9 KB, 131x184) Image search: [Google]
benaffleckman.jpg
9 KB, 131x184
ITT we discuss overrated /co/ shit

Why is EE&E such a frequent topic here? Now don't get me wrong, I liked it...but what is there to actually discuss about it? It had no story and was an episodic comedy show, I don't get how people here act like it's high art or something, it's just a bunch of memes really...not bad ones, but memes nonetheless with nothing more to it

Also, the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy...there is a heavy force feeding of the idea that the first two movies are the greatest comic movies ever made, so much to the point that I simply can't believe it's more than a vocal minority who feel this way because it was their first exposure to Spider-Man or have never read a Spider-Man comic book
>>
You answered your own question twice....memes and nostalgia. As for me I don't get why Bobs Burgers has fans
>>
>>83820094
>I don't get why Bobs Burgers has fans
It's new Simpsons, people can enjoy cartoons while feeling "Adult" even though it's more juvenile than kid's shows
>>
>>83820196
Seems like a lot of shows are new Simpsons though
>>
Peepoo Pooniverse
>>
>>83820473
?
>>
>>83819974
>It had no story
Avatards have officially ruined /co/
>>
>>83822442
>kids in a neighborhood
>a story

Uh huh....make believe all you want, it wasn't Batman or Gargoyles

Enlighten me would ye? What was the "story" behind it?
>>
>>83822659
His point was it doesn't need a story.
>>
>>83822695
And that's true, it doesn't need a story. But that being said there was nothing remarkable about it other than being a decent comedy among many, hence why it's overrated.
>>
>>83822409

He's talking about the extended universe that revolved around the peepee poopoo memes with pepe and wojak

I dunno what he's talking about because i can't think of anything better than when pepe rejected the way of the smug and went against his fate to become a monster to save wojak even though he died in the process.
>>
>>83820196
To me I find it realistically wacky and the interactions between the characters feels natural. Plus I like dry humor. The show would be tenfolds better if gene wasn't apart of the show
>>
>>83822870
Characterization informs comedy, and EEnE had a great cast full of unique characters. Even back in the 90s when there were tons of "kids being kids" kinda cartoons, like Doug, Hey Arnold, Recess and The Weekenders, EEnE stood out to me for having characters that weren't the same stock middle-school stereotypes, or at least were fun enough riffs on those stereotypes.

Plenty of cartoons had a group of snooty rich girls as antagonists, but how many had a trio of trailer trash girls? Or on the note of the Kankers, even nowadays, most lovestruck losers in cartoons are guys. The Kankers are some of the only examples of females having unrequited crushes on guys in cartoons, and in a realistic context too - girls mature faster than boys around that age.

Speaking of, Nazz was an interesting take on the cool tomboy archetype, because she was never presented as actually being cooler than the other kids, just a little more mature and the guy characters would get amusingly awkward around her in a way that wasn't in-your-face Pepe le Pew pratfalls.

Kevin is the stock bully/jerk character at first glance, but the more you watch the show the more sympathy you feel for him as he's the only one to consistently call the Eds on there shit, and gets along well enough with the other kids.

Speaking of, didn't we all know kids like Johnny, Jimmy and Sarah growing up? The likable kid with one weird habit that would be grounds for commitment in an adult, the effeminate, wispy kid, and the domineering bitchy girl who tries to control every situation?

Or how 'bout Rolf? I sincerely can't think of another show that had a character like him. It never shied away from jokes at his heritage's expense, but nobody ever looked down on him for it, in-show or out. He was a consistently solid dude even if his ways were weird.
>>
File: 1465797951947.jpg (872 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
1465797951947.jpg
872 KB, 1600x1036
if you watched it and didn't like it, or didn't get it, chances are that no amount of explaining will make you like it.
>>
File: Court_of_Owls_008.jpg (199 KB, 569x864) Image search: [Google]
Court_of_Owls_008.jpg
199 KB, 569x864
Why do people like this garbage? There is literally nothing interesting about the Court of Owls. The whole thing about him "maybe" having a brother is absolutely retarded and feels like a forced twist. What was with Batman going absolutely insane inside the labrynth? He was completely out of character.
>>
>>83819974
I never got into Ed, Edd, and Eddy because I didn't like the artstyle. I watched some of it every once in a while, but not enough to see the high quality jokes, unfortunately. It does have some funny moments though, from the clips I've seen.
>>
>>83826836
I'm pretty sure he was drugged in the labyrinth. Something about Talon's blade being coated with hallucinogens.
>>
>>83819974
MLAATR. There's always a thread. There's always a poster with a Jenny image. Why. The show wasn't all that good.
>>
>>83827364
Anything with females means waifus. It's a good thing this hasn't spread over to real life or we would become like Japan. I just want my high quality content.
>>
>>83827364
This is what I'm wondering... the EE&E fanbase has to be autistic
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.