[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why didn't Connie just use her incantations to free Steven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So why didn't Connie just use her incantations to free Steven from the grip of the Molagyur? Now Steven's fucking dead and they have to go do all this stupid shit regarding the Crystal Cove to get him back.

Like seriously go back to the fight scene and watch Connie in the background just sit there and watch, charging up her retarded Laser Sabre attack which she tried earlier to no effect.

While Steven uses his Atom Basher attack on Jasper, Connie could have easily used that Glitter Bomb she used earlier that actually seemed to hurt Jasper even though she was blocking. If she took it at full force it was possible she would have died.d

It really bothers me how in this show, the characters just have a big astonishing lack of common sense at times. It's like they're just lacking situational awareness... And holy shit! The Glitter Bomb is Connie's signature move and she hardly even used it!

And don't even get me started on PeriGarnet's role in the fight. You'd think that when they fused together back in season 5, Garnet and Peridot would become the most powerful character in the show, atleast until Steven unlocked his full potential for the fifth time, but nooo, PeriGarnet doesn't do shit this episode but scan the RuneShield for more Crystal Acolytes.

This entire battle and arc has really made me lose alot of interest in this show.

I also don't see any other threads talking about this at all, so I'm rather curious to see if I'm the only one.
>>
Oh it's not enough for you time travelers to steal our jobs, now you got to shitpost too?!?
>>
>>83807810

What are you talking about?
>>
>>83807810
>>83807840
They took our shitposts!
>>
Is this the new EEnEMMO
>>
>>83807840
What do you mean?
Jesus speaking of time travel, did anyone else HATE that fucking time travel arc we got last season? They spent fucking 13 episodes straight building up to this big confrontation between Shield-Fused Steven and Malachite Reborn, only to fucking do some weird shit where an army of Stevens from different timelines come from the portal to help Steven banish her once and for all, but the thing about it that makes such little sense is this:

HOW was there an army of Stevens, BUT NOT MALACHITES? Surely she exists in other timelines too, right? It would have made much more sense, and been much more of an epic confrontation as well, had there been a big army of Malachites to fight the Stevens. I also didn't really like the part where Pearl almost gave her life force to Connie to help her fight Garnet after the Crystal Shard corrupted her. I mean seriously now, come on. Why didn't Pearl use the Dance of Blades? She had an entire fucking 2 parter dedicated to learning the most powerful Gem Sword Technique ever created, and she doesn't use it in an epic battle against the mots powerful Crystal Gem, save Steven, at the time.
>>
File: Political_Power_(24).png (521 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Political_Power_(24).png
521 KB, 1136x640
>>83807949
Here there's also this.

THIS was THE perfect moment for Steven to tell Pearl about the Revenant Spire, and how it contained the last Crystaline Gem, the only one who can stop Duskblade, but instead of doing that he just fucking asks her to train him a little, even though they've been doing that shit for the past billion episodes. She even said a few episodes ago
>"Steven, I fear that my knowledge on the Crystal arts are coming to their limits. I do not have much left to teach you. You must seek out, oh great one, the holy arts on your own, my dear child."
Why the fuck did Steven just ignore that? He didn't say anything at all after she told him this.

So now we have Duskblade deep in space coming towards Earth at a startling rate of speed, and the Crystal Gems are too beaten up to do anything about it, and Steven is dead and needs to be revived. I honestly think Duskblade is just going to end up killing someone like PeriGarnet, because then we'll get another arc dedicated to reviving someone.

Actually, apparently in the next episode it got leaked that they can only revive one person, so the people or person that Duskblade kills will die forever. Fucking... Why? Why aren't they focusing on Duskblade? Why do all this stupid shit?
>>
Do NEETs really have access to time travel in the future?
>>
>>83808154
I don't know what this whole time travel thing is, unless you're talking about NEETTART, which I think is a very stupid joke character that they put in the show by the way.
>>
File: b.jpg (84 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
84 KB, 1024x731
Did anyone else feel like the Blue Diamond battle was so anticlimactic? The whole season was building up to this confrontation, the CGs are about to be captured/shattered and then this shit happens? Really? Gonna add new characters in right this moment to save the day? Completely out of nowhere? It almost made me want to drop the show. Such a lazy cop out.
>>
>>83808277
I guess that's the way shit is now. How come Steven didn't unlock that whole hidden power shit he has had since Season 4 at this moment? His eyes turned fucking gold and he started destroying Malachite the last time it happened. Woulda been cool to see it happen here. I mean he did throw Malachite into the Sun and then shield the entire Earth from the resulting blast using his powers. That fucking shit was badass. My favorite moment in the show. But now they won't use it again.
>>
>>83808086

I doubt that will ever happen. Remember that Pearl is developing feelings toward Steven and the other Crystal Gems are suspicious of her. She is trying to stay away from him because she doesn't want to look at him in the eye anymore.

>Implying Connie wont find away to bring him back on time.
>>
File: 1441948126939.png (459 KB, 480x659) Image search: [Google]
1441948126939.png
459 KB, 480x659
>>83807810
Stop watching Steven Universe: Kai and just watch the original, faggot.
>>
>>83808392
I'd like Steven Universe: Kai more if the soundtrack was just a little bit more like Steven Universe: Crystal.

The fucking moment where Steven powered up to Crystaling was shit because of that stupid fucking song they chose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslzWvQRiJg
I don't know why they wouldn't just have the composer make a song. Why'd they have to use fucking throat singing?
>>
>>83808571

Steven Universe has always been pseudo intellectual bullshit for overemotional fucks. Nowhere near King of the Hill Z or Kai.
>>
>>83808343
>That scene where she blushes and gets sweaty from watching Streven's bare chest

That was fucked up. The death glare Garnet gave her was chilling. I haven't seen fucked up shit like this since Rose Black killed Greg.
>>
>>83808614
No KotH iteration will ever make up for King of the Hill GO! It retroactively ruined the series for me.
>>
>>83807810
>>83807949
>>83808086

Did Steven and Connie actually aged? I mean, they don't have an execuse with Connie.

I stoped whatching on the third season, I hope that she is hot now.
>>
>>83808673
Man fuck that!
Amethyst was relentless as fuck against Rose Black after that. I know they already wrapped up that romance subarc, but shit, Amethyst must have still had feelings for Greg if she took it that far.

She managed to get a single hit on Rose Black, whereas Garnet and Pearl FUSED with the Blitzwalker couldn't even touch her...

It sucked that Amethyst didn't do more though, and got her fucking gem nearly destroyed. Had Steven not shown up and revived her, she would have died, even.

The Rose Black vs Steven Crystaline fight was awesome though.

Especially the song they chose to use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_BP-L0eqM
Weird choice for his power up song, but I guess it worked.
>>
>>83807891
DEY TERK UR SHETPARSTS!
>>
>>83807810
Why doesn't Connie just rape The Joker?

It'd put an end to all of this.
>>
>>83808763
Well, it's kinda weird right now.
They did age in season 4 as its a four year timeskip, but after learning Malachite was going to attack the past, they did the Time Travel arc and now its kinda doing young Steven and Connie again, only now they know about powers they didn't have before, so history has pretty much been rewritten with events in the future happening much sooner, and some not happening at all.

Steven's Crystaline transformation pretty much made Rose Black come to Earth much earlier than she would have had he been an adult, since his power is more wild as a kid, because of his lack of training in that state.

Really they should have just had Adult Steven go Crystaline 2 against Malachite instead of doing the whole army of Steven Crystalines vs Malachite thing.
>>
File: tumblr_nog2nh5Bh41t7dopbo1_500.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nog2nh5Bh41t7dopbo1_500.png
250 KB, 500x375
>>83808866
Also, kid Steven Crystaline was pretty cool, and it got some really nice fanart.
>>
File: Super_gem.png (736 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Super_gem.png
736 KB, 1366x768
Hey does this scene mean that Garnet can go Crystaline too?
>>
File: tumblr_o7i01c2kzx1s0y3bto1_500.jpg (54 KB, 405x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7i01c2kzx1s0y3bto1_500.jpg
54 KB, 405x750
Man, after Ruby got shattered I didn't think we'd ever see Garnet again. I think it's pretty cool that they did an arc with Sapphire falling in love with a new Ruby though and Nu!Garnet's design is GOAT.
>>
>>83808739

>Implying King of the Hill: Brotherhood was not God Tier

Also, watching Uncle Grandpa destroying the Crystal Empire with a snap of his fingers was hilarious. The devastated anus of the entire SU Fandom is something i keep close to my heart.
>>
>>83809179
It was the Diamond Authority, not Crystal Empire. And who was mad? UG has clearly been a universe hopping eldritch creature since his appearances became more frequent in season 3.
>>
>>83808824
DE DUKR SHITPSST!
>>
>The Rick and Morty reference in Mortal TimeLock
No one else saw it? Holy shit guys.

>Steven goes into the dimensional rift, places one of his Crystal Leashes down, flies off.
>Steven comes back, his Leashes are gone, and for a single frame, there is a green R&M portal next to where it was
I know it was really hard to see but cmon.
>>
>>83809264
>Just what are you?
>I'm just your unclegrandpa.
>"Snaps fingers"
>M-My Diamond. T-The Crystal Empire is...!
>What is it?!
>My Yellow Diamond, the Crystal Empire vanished!

That's what the dubs said, you moron. Remember that after conquering Earth they renamed themselves to look more intimidating to the Benders and the Spirits of Planet 646763.
>>
>>83808935
I still don't know why the Kid Yellow Diamond spawn looked like Clarence. I suppose it's no weirder than when it was revealed that Pink Diamond was Uncle Grandpa all along.
>>
>>83809476
>Pink Diamond was Uncle Grandpa

Not exactly. Pink Diamond was dead. UG transformed into her to see how Gem Society was and if it deserved to be saved:>>83809404

It didn't.
>>
File: 1422587525364.jpg (23 KB, 360x287) Image search: [Google]
1422587525364.jpg
23 KB, 360x287
>>83809404
>dubs
>not subs
>>
>>83809545
But it was implied that Uncle Grandpa was Eldritch Horror created after Pink Diamond was devoured by the Gem Harvesting Lunarnauts of the Blood Moon. And that formed a black hole from which Uncle Grandpa was birthed. Isn't it possible that that would make Uncle Grandpa a twisted form of Pink Diamond's consciousness, tortured for centuries in the dark reaches of Anti-Time?
Remember what he said when he first emerged from the Black Hole?
"I have come to cleanse that which I first wrought! GOOD MORNING!"
>>
>>83809628
How about you check these dubs.
>>
>>83807810
>PeriGarnet
>Not Ruby Zoisite
FTFY
>>
>>83807810
I won't lie. This made me laugh a bit.

sensiblechuckle.gif
>>
>>83809659
They said AGAIM that the episode wasn't canon.

Godamn guys you are stupid. Should have guessed it when they showed the Mayor's daughter with Pearl.
>>
>>83807949
No Malachite is a statistical anomaly. She only exists in the main time line. Remember? That's why only Jasper and Lapis could halt the coming of the Temporal Diamonds before they reached through the portal and broke reality.
>>
>>83809860
sucks that all the /co/ dorks are apparently gonna get their wish and the show's just gonna become full-on DBZ at some point
>>
damn, looks like I missed weekly /sug/ shroom convention again
>>
>>83807810
Well, at least the three parter genderbend arc was hilarious on this season.

I can't believe that Steven and Connie were implied to have their first time on this state. At least Stevonnie Crystaline still looked the same.

Lewds of Larsa when?
>>
>>83809928
Nah that won't happen till Season 6. Then in season 7 the show goes full Dragon Ball Super when Steven fights the Quintessons that originally created gems but it's mostly just wacky shenanigans.
>>
>>83809659

Non Canon.

Besides. Last time UG appeared he meet himself from 15 000 million years before that. It's impossible that he was created AFTER Pink Diamond died.
>>
>>83809980
The cool kids were the best part.

I was glad that they called Jack Black to voice male Amethist tho.
>>
File: face350.gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
face350.gif
1024 KB, 242x227
>>83808277
>male gem OC with a fucking batleth
>>
Why is Connie such a fucking nigger
>>
File: 1464397021020.png (162 KB, 366x319) Image search: [Google]
1464397021020.png
162 KB, 366x319
>"I won't let you take over this Steven Universe Z created by Rebecca Sugar."

What did she mean by this?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.