[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War II discussion continued from >>83792571 Who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 13
File: Newsarama CWII review.jpg (159 KB, 648x909) Image search: [Google]
Newsarama CWII review.jpg
159 KB, 648x909
Civil War II discussion continued from >>83792571

Who wants to guess what the CBR review will be like?
>>
>>83801251
Implying lightning struck the first time.
>>
>>83801251
I'm shocked. I thought all the comic book websites shilled for Marvel (especially Marvel events and Bendis books). Was it because they killed off a woman and a black?
>>
>>83801251
newsrama didn't like Batman either
>>
>>83801470
Maybe marvel forgot to pay that person.
>>
>initial goodwill
>implying anyone thought it would be good from the start

newsarama pls

>>83801612
fair though, it wasn't bad but it was disappointing
>>
>>83801470
It's because it's fucking ass. People see the comic for what it is: a cheap, uninspired cashgrab made to coincide with the movie.
>>
The cycle had began once more
>>
>>83801612
>didn't like Batman
>7/10 score
They didn't give it a 10/10, but this is still a good score
>>
>>83801298
This is correct.
>>
I'm used to Bendis not following continuity, but how the fuck does he ignore his own continuity? In fact, the stuff that he wrote one issue ago?
>>
>>83801991
I'd guess he has too many ideas that he can't remember what he actually wrote. And he's likely such a big name at Marvel that he doesn't really get edited anymore so there's no one checking to make sure it makes sense.
>>
i thought it was actually fine, except for the stupid of the bad future being Hulk trash

i'm also reading it as tony gone totally insane
>>
>>83801928
People will push the "Everyone is gonna hate King now" meme no matter what the evidence says.
>>
File: REBIRTH_Wally_CVR.jpg (301 KB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
REBIRTH_Wally_CVR.jpg
301 KB, 798x1200
>saying lighting never hits the same place twice

u wot m8
>>
File: CW II issue 2.png (1 MB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
CW II issue 2.png
1 MB, 1308x954
>>83801251
Reposting the Bingo updated at this issue
>>
A fair score for a crap comic book. At least there are still some comic book sites that give Bendis and Marel what they deserve.
>>
>>83802131
Comically evil, comically good should be checked off. And I think Guardians of the Galaxy can be too, since solicits confirm it.
>>
>>83802215
We have to update it issue by issue otherwise there is no point.
Initially I also checked that off, but one anon in the other thread made me notice that both sides are just comically stupid( not good or evil... yet)
>>
>>83802215
>Comically evil, comically good should be checked off.
>And I think Guardians of the Galaxy can be too, since solicits confirm it.
Considering Ulysses doesn't look completely white, you can probably cross off "White straight male is bad. Minority is good." and get bingo.
"Event pushes a new relaunch." is confirmed with Marvel NOW-er!, right?
>>
>>83802131
I'm betting on "Character switches sides" and, by the looks of it, "White straight male is bad. Minority is good"
>>
>issue 1
>WE NEED A GAMMA EXPERT OF SHE HULK IS GONNA DIE! WHERES BANNER?

>issue 2
>WE NEED TO FIND BANNER BEFORE HE KILLS US ALL! Oh hey there he is!

Fuck of bendis
>>
>>83802270
I'd say Stark is comically evil, what with the whole capturing and torturing a teenager. And the other side looks comically good by comparison.
>>
>>83802367
>I did not kill her, I did nauuuht. Oh hai, Bruce!
>>
>>83801702
>It's because it's fucking ass
How is that different than any other Bendis comic?
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1102x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1102x720
>>83802431

>Rhosed will never throw a football shaped missile at She Hulks tits
>>
>>83802414
I can see it but it's a bit of stretch. I want other opinions so let's get them.
ANONS OF THIS THREAD, SHOULD WE CHECK OFF "THE COMICALLY GOOD, COMICALLY EVIL" SLOT YET?
>>
>>83801928
Anything under an 8 is usually treated as a bad thing for some reason
>>
Can someone storytime the x men tie in
>>
>>83801702
Bendis and Marquez are hardly cheap.
>>
>>83802598
Not yet. Wait for a couple more issues.
>>
>>83801991
In the FCBD issue Ulysses has a vision of Thanos coming while visiting the Triskelion.
In Civil War II issue 1, he has the vision in the middle of the night.
>>
>>83802414
Stark's kind of a mixed bag of weirdness right now. On one hand, he kidnapped the teenager and intrusively experimented on him without his consent. On the other hand, his intention is to understand his powers and by proxy, help Ulysses understand his powers, while everyone else just wants to use him as a psychic threat assessment tool without questioning whether or not the information they are getting from him is actually protecting anyone or getting innocent people hurt or detained.

Stark's currently in "Muh Rhodey!" mode, the same state of mind that led Cap to make some questionable judgement calls in the movie, so I'm willing to cut him a LITTLE slack for now (not much, but a little)
>>
File: We changed the future.jpg (41 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
We changed the future.jpg
41 KB, 480x270
RIP Banner
>>
>>83801251
How the fuck did these sites even though this had any potential, Jesus fuck this was a mess from the start and Bendis is already contradicting himself and it has been barely one issue
>>
>>83802866
The problem is that Tony could have just asked. Ulysses says he would have accepted and even brings it up, to which Tony's only response is MUH RHODEY, because he stupidly blames him even though that makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>83801470
Newsarama is usually pretty neutral. Their reviewers even outright talked about hating Ultimate End and disliking the issue where Iceman got turned gay out of nowhere.

CBR and ComicAlliance shills like crazy for Marvel, and TMS just hates DC while pretending Marvel has no issues.
>>
From prior thread:

>>83792649

>So remind me again.

>Why is Marvel still pushing the Inhumans, even if they know deep down that the X-Men will always be more popular?

>I get that they don't want to advertise Fox's properties, but they still popularized Spider-Man even before they made a deal with Sony.

Because before the Sony deal:

-Fox got upset over Marvel doing Mutant X and took them to court, forcing an agreement where only Fox could use the word mutant in their X-Men films.
-Sony, whose only money-making franchise at the current time was Spider-Man, decided to ask to be able to keep doing Spider-Man films and gave up the film merchandise rights of Spider-Man films to Marvel, so it means Sony doesn't get a cut of the film action figures. Fox on the other hand still gets a cut if Marvel has X-Men movie merchandise produced. That's probably why there was action figures for Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 and none for First Class or DOFP (other than Minimates).
>>
>>83802992
>and TMS just hates DC while pretending Marvel has no issues.

What'd they say about Civil War II?
>>
>>83802972

Unless they are literally making Tony Stark unstable/insane, this is the biggest gripe.

Rhodes is a fucking SOLDIER and Tony isn't his fucking father. Unless we see some off panel shit of Carol and Inhumans forcing Rhodes to be there to stop Thanos, he has no argument. Hell, Rhodes and Carol are seen kissing in the FCBD issue. So of fucking course Rhoses is gonna be there for his snow bunny Captain Marvel. He's gotta make sure his twink boi pussy is unharmed

Ulysses literally did nothing wrong but tell people "hey, this Thanos guy is gonna be here at this time".
>>
>>83802131
Ulysses was told by tony that he might be sexist against ungendered energy beings and Thanos so you can cross that off.
>>
>>83803188
Yup, Tony is arguing that Carol shouldn't have acted on Ulysses' intel at all, so he was fine with Thanos killing everyone at Project Pegasus and looting all their shit.

>>83803237
>Are your sexual, political and/or racial biases against male Eternals with the Deviant syndrome influencing you having a vision of Thanos attacking Project Pegasus?
>>
File: wheresBanner.jpg (67 KB, 309x440) Image search: [Google]
wheresBanner.jpg
67 KB, 309x440
>>83802860
This was literally last issue. It seems like she didn't know where Banner was. And by how he greats her in this issue, it seems he doesn't know about his cousin yet.
>>
>>83803186
>What'd they say about Civil War II?

Nothing. There's not much race/sex stuff to be offended about, so they don't care.
>>
Tony is right, a power that powerful needs to be tested so that you know how it works
>>
>>83803432
No one argued that it didn't. Tony just flipped his lid with no reason
>>
>>83803383
Even though She-Hulk got put into a coma/killed because of a missile?
>>
>>83803432
Yes, it should be tested, but Tony is arguing that it shouldn't be used at all. More importantly, instead of asking if he could test it, he invaded a sovereign country, attacked their Head of State, kidnaped Ulysses, blamed him for Rhodey's death (fucking stupid) and did the tests in a painful way.
>>
>>83803158
Does that mean that Fox gets a cut from every micro transaction made in Marvel Heroes and Contest of Champions?
>>
>>83803599
Only if there were to use the movie likenesses.
>>
File: 1465436385808.png (113 KB, 898x300) Image search: [Google]
1465436385808.png
113 KB, 898x300
>>
>>83803599
Not unless they're using the movie versions.

Marvel and Fox's relationship got much worse with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver thing which probably prompted Perlmutter to go full-scorched earth by avoiding merchandising even the comic book versions of FF and X-Men for a while.
>>
>>83801251
>Quickly Burning Off the Initial Goodwill
What Goodwill?
>>
>>83803564
>, but Tony is arguing that it shouldn't be used at all
Because he has reasons to believe that his power is not seeing the future but creating it. So why not prevent it from being used?
>, he invaded a sovereign country,
Our laws don't apply on inhuman scum so they are invaders on Earth soil so they are not a country.
>>
>>83803767
>Because he has reasons to believe that his power is not seeing the future but creating it. So why not prevent it from being used?
Post a single panel that supports this
>>
>>83803701
The goodwill of comic site reviewers, of course.
>>
>>83803767
>Because he has reasons to believe that his power is not seeing the future but creating it
That's literally the exact opposite of what he says. He argues that because Ulysses' visions don't always come true, that they're unreliable.
Personally, I don't think that's a very good argument since the visions don't come true precisely because Ulysses warns about them and causes people to act accordingly.
>>
File: Civil War II (2016-) 002-016.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Civil War II (2016-) 002-016.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83803808
ok
>>
>>83803880
He shouldn't have been in the mission in the fucking first place considering it's fucking Thanos and he's fucking War Machine. Go suck an egg Tony.
>>
>>83803880
He believes that his biases affect the way he sees the future, that he interprets them wrong based on his own biases. He isn't arguing that he causes the future to happen, since that's obviously not the case since again, his visions don't always come true, that's one of the reasons why Tony doesn't like them.
>>
>>83803942
Nobody told him about the mission,
>>
>>83803942
Yeah, I could understand him blaming Carol, but Ulysses did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 13690284751.jpg (50 KB, 562x250) Image search: [Google]
13690284751.jpg
50 KB, 562x250
>>83801251
>reviewing comics
>reviewing comics issue by issue
>reviewing comics issue by issue for a website
>>
>>83803944
>He believes that his biases affect the way he sees the future
Well you are a dumb one
>Does your personality effect the outcome? Does your upbringing? Does your emotional state affect the vision? Does your bias?
>>
>>83803880
Nothing whatsoever to do with things coming true. Do you not understand the term bias? He means his interpretations of visions may be coloured. And then projecting the image shows Tony that it cant be a bias cause everyone can see them now.

Hiw do we have to explain how dumb this shit is?
>>
>>83803999
You are dumb as fuck and i hope nighthawk kills you
>>
>>83803999
The outcome of THE VISION. He's arguing that Ulysses' visions are inaccurate because his own biases make him see what he wants to see.
This bears repeating: ULYSSES' VISIONS DON'T ALWAYS COME TRUE. That is why Tony thinks that his biases cloud them and makes him see things that don't actually happen.
If he were causing events to happen, then why the hell would his visions show a different outcome?
>>
>>83801991
Here's the secret to Bendis' magic: he does not write a story, he writes a series of moments.

Issue #1 - It's time to explain the McGuffin, so Medusa asks Homer a leading question. "Tell the others how you got your powers." "From the Terrigen cloud."
Ok now, so right after we need to show that Tony is skeptical. "So how did you get your powers?" "From the Terrigen cloud."

It does not matter that the question was already asked, Tony needs to show doubt so Bendis goes for the laziest thing he could think of.
>>
>>83802367
As She-Hulk laid dying in dire need of a gamma expert, Doc Samson, who was at the Triskelion just the day prior talking to Carol, sat next to his phone watching Iron Chef.
>>
>>83804086
Do you not understand timelines and multiverse stuff? This is comics for gods sake.

Because he had the vision and they acted upon information they never had before the future was changed..
>>
>>83804138
>Here's the secret to Bendis' magic: he does not write a story, he writes a series of moments.
That's well put. In his X-Men basically every issue has a new premise that was printed in solicits, got everyone all up in arms, only for the next issue to just ignore it and do what-fucking-ever next instead.
>>
>>83804158
Exactly, that means that Ulysses isn't causing events to happen, he sees how events happen in an alternate future, and by telling people about them he creates a divergence making it unlikely said future could happen.
I understand it perfectly, I was merely pointing out how given what we've seen it's obvious Ulysses can't be causing bad things to happen with his visions. If he were causing his own visions, then his visions would come true.
>>
>>83803461
the writers are hilariously in love with bendis and think he's a good writer for some fucking reason.
>>
>>83804143
You know, Doc Samson was a dead Hulk character that inexplicably came back to life. She-Hulk is dead/almost dead. Banner is possibly the next death. There is an inkling of a possible Hulk plot through all of this.
>>
>>83804221
Sorry thought you were pro CW2 and Ulysses. I would think it a terrible thing if he didn't warn people of an incomming threat. If police get a tip do they ignore it? They shouldn't. They should investigate it
>>
>>83803188
>Unless they are literally making Tony Stark unstable/insane

He did agree that he's having a nervous breakdown.

However since it's Bendis, he'll probably recover and be mostly rational for the rest of the story, with a little "SEE I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG" thrown in.
>>
>>83801470
Even shills can take it for so long.
>>
>>83804334
This. If Carol had gone after Thanos because of a warning from the GotG/the Shi'Ar/the Blood Brothers/Mentor/Galactus, would Tony blame them for Rhodey's death?
>>
>>83801470
>I thought all the comic book websites shilled for Marvel
They soon will again if Marvel loudly considers to just stop supporting any websites outside of their own.
Comic journalism websites are a joke.
>>
>>83804374
Tony blames Carol for getting him involved at all.

Sure, Rhodey dove into this if his own free will, but they WERE dating at the time. In Tony's eyes, Rhodey involved himself in a mission he should have had no part of for a chance to impress his boo, and Rhodey but the dust under her supervision, which only makes it worse when Carol should have refused to let him endanger himself for a team that's not even his in the first place.

If your friend died in a car crash on a road trip that his girlfriend insisted on, and she was driving, many people wouldn't be too happy with the girlfriend for dragging his ass out in the first place, even if the accident wasn't her fault.
>>
>>83804460
I enjoy comic pop cause Sal shit on a lot of bad comics. But he recognizes good one. Tiffany has a lot of my tastes as well.

Its when he's with the weekly pull with comics explained and comicstorian that hes not as good
>>
>>83804653
You missed my point. I can understand Tony blaming Carol (though Tony doesn't use any of those argument), but I can't understand Tony blaming Ulysses. I was pointing out that if the intel that Thanos was coming had come from any other source, it would be stupid for Tony to blame the informant.
>>
>>83804460
So basically Marvel instead of trying to put a bit of effort and deliver some good stories, they are using threats and blackmail in order to gain support for their crap. Good to know, so i will not buy any of their books again.
>>
>>83804761
That's how all forms of media work when it's kind of a niche topic. I've seen sports writers lose team access if they are too critical of management. It's bullshit really all around, but nothing unique to Marvel.
>>
>>83804761
This is also like videogame websites

Too many bad reviews? Whoopse, someone's not getting review copies anymore. Maybe you don't get access to our E3 presentations either? What a shame it would be if people went to the other sites who play ball instead of yours.
>>
File: civil war 2.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
civil war 2.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>The projecting it into us....
>The
do they not have editors at marvel or am I reading this wrong?
>>
>>83805008
It makes sense in a way. "The projecting [the visions] into us" is the part that's new, it's just a needlessly convoluted way of delivering that line, but hey, you can't have a Bendis book without needless convolution.

Alternatively, you literally can't pay the editors enough money to endure reading through Bendis' scripts.
>>
>>83805008
No one edits Bendis. Its a large reason he hasnt written anything good for a while
>>
>>83792607

Told you they wouldn't kill She-Hulk. (Even though flat-lining has ALWAYS MEANT DEATH. Go, Bendis.)

>>83792668
>>83792750

Hank McCoy: Beastly Barometer of Bad Taste

Also, bullSHIT remote armor. If you want to pull that garbage, don't show Stark CLEARLY in the suit, Medusa's hair inside the suit, and don't have directional speech bubbles in front of the person who isn't supposed to be in the suit.

>>83792678

Maria Hill is actually more competent when she's not in charge of stuff. Of course, this is more likely that Bendis just forgot she's not supposed to be in charge of stuff, but I like my version better.

>>83792700

"Please don't do this. Because if you do, I have, like, a thousand SHIELD guys behind me who think that their jetpacks and blasters outmatch hair, and they're probably right."

"Plus, if you commit a terrorist act in NEW YORK CITY, we're gonna commit hate crimes against you people that will make the Sentinels seem like Tickle Me Elmos."

>>83792738
>>83792750

"You could have just asked me to do these tests."
"Yeah, but that would mean treating the Inhumans like a real thing, and we all know that's not true."
"But - "
"You know, Hope didn't bitch this much when we kidnapped HER. Stop whining, sit there, and be a macguffin."

The equipment there can read elevated blood pressure across hundreds of feet, but Tony just HAD to kidnap this kid to run his tests, which consist primarily of "Just how accurate ARE your future flashes that we've already acted on several times already?"

>>83792786

That is the look of a woman who is going to figure out if Bruce Banner is still the Hulk by smacking the shit out of him until he becomes the Hulk.

Carol Danvers: Subtlety is for Pussies.
>>
>>83805187
They edited him in Secret Invasion:

>#1, all relatively easy stuff to nip and tuck. This issue came together nicely.

>1) From Nick Lowe on SWORD:

>S.W.O.R.D. isn’t a wing or subsidiary of S.H.I.E.L.D. or the US gov’t. It’s a completely separate entity that has worked with S.H.I.E.L.D. on occasion. They’re an intergalactic peace-keeping organization that doesn’t operate under any government or world’s control. In ASTONISHING, Brand mentions to Maria Hill that the only reason that S.H.I.E.L.D. knows that S.W.O.R.D. exists is because of her relationship with Nick Fury.

>Possible solution- Rather than an inspection, Dugan’s reason for coming to the Peak (what the ship is called) could be one of a regular meeting they’ve set up to share information. It could still be special that it’s Dugan coming (maybe Maria Hill is the usual rep from S.H.I.E.L.D.) and I could imagine that Brand has a prior relationship with Dugan since she had one with Fury. And I could also imagine a few of the S.W.O.R.D. agents being really into meeting him.

>Agent Brand’s characterization- She’s not really an excited school girl. She’s a sarcastic, all-business, hard-*** who has little time for…anything, really. But, like I said before, I could see that she and Dugan might have a positive relationship. But we usually treat her like she’s the one with the knowledge. She doesn’t ask questions too much. One place in particular that I might ask for a simple change would be reversing the dialogue on pages 18-19 panel 5 so that the agent asks the question and Brand answers it. The only other thing that I might ask is that Brand, rather than radioing the Helicarrier, might be trying to radio S.W.O.R.D. HQ and it might be jammed by XXX XXXXXX.
>>
>>83804700
>I can understand Tony blaming Carol (though Tony doesn't use any of those argument),
He literally says in this issue he
>Everyone know that Rhodey is no longer with us and She-Hulk isn't that much better off because Carol wants to control the future?
He also directly argues with Carol
>And if we win or lose, we are accountable for our actions
She doesn't listen
>>
>>83805280
>2) Tony seems very casual about leaving the autopsy—which is about the most important thing he’s dealing with right now—to go chase the XXXXXX XXX, which is also important. So perhaps he should indicate that he’ll continue to monitor their progress remotely from his armor while en route, just so it doesn’t feel so much like he left two guys he can’t 100% trust alone with his only clue to the conspiracy. Also, a minor thing, you indicate that Tony has his helmet off in this scene, yet we see his POV from within the suit. So he should keep his helmet on for this to work.

>3) Minor point on Page 12, Iron Fist has been in the Savage Land before, so maybe give this line to Echo.

>4) I expect it’s all a matter of space, but Luke and company respond almost too quickly and too positively to XXXXXXX XXXX's call. They know XXXX stole the body and XXXX XX XXXXX XXXX XX, and they know they’re all wanted men, and that the Mighty Avengers have tried to ambush them at least once before. And yet, Luke immediately jumps to act on the info without even considering that this could be a set-up. So maybe what we need somewhere in here is a line that indicates that XXXX’s info might be shady, but that this is important enough to take the risk on.
>>
>>83805303
>5) The Marvel Boy scene in the Cube doesn’t really link up properly with where we left him at the end of CIVIL WAR. At that point, he had liberated himself, and taken over the Cube. I think this is easy enough to address, though—it just means that Marvel Boy isn’t in his cell when XXX XXXXX XXXX, but is instead in the Warden’s quarters, or some other place of authority. And maybe he needs some sort of “It’s time.” Kind of sentiment as he heads towards the hole in the wall and his destiny.

>6) I’m not sure the connection between XXX XXX and XXXXX exploding connects clearly enough. All we see is XXX XXX XXXXXX XXX XXX XXX and then the base goes up. I think we need to see some sort of minor action—his pressing a button or something—that makes it a hair more obvious that he’s responsible for the detonation as a suicide bomber. Or even him saying “As it was written…” like the other Skrull agents.

>7) When XXX XXXXXXXX XXXX is expanding into XXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXX, I think it would be a good idea to clarify the visual you’re looking for a little bit, so that Leinil draws the right thing. Are pieces of the building just disappearing, as though a bite has been taken out of them? Is there strange crackling XXXXX-energy seeming to consume parts of the building? How do you see this working?

>Just to make sure that Leinil can draw it properly, in the sequence when the XXXXXX XXX opens and the XXXX XXXXXX come out, I think it would be helpful to specify when it’s X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX, XXXXXX XXXX XXX XXXXXXX XXX XXXX XXXXX XXXX XX XXXX XXXXX.

>So far, so good!
>Tom B
>>
If there was a better writer in charge of all of this I'd suspect the trigger for the visions is the guy being in mortal danger.
Murder celestial going to kill him? (and everyone else) Time to shove a vision in there to stop it.
Thanos gonna mess with some cubes? Time to stop that from killing me,
Tony Stark about to make me collateral damage because he's being retarded? Better distract them all with this vision.
>>
>>83805280
>>83805303
>>83805330
For some reason, I really enjoy reading editor notes, it's just nice to see that there's SOMEONE on the other side that cares about the bare minimum of consistency.
>>
>>83805281
But he doesn't use any of the arguments people on this board use to criticize Carol. He doesn't say "you should have brought more people" or "Rhodey had no business fighting Thanos". He says that it happened because "Carol wants to control the future", he's saying that Carol shouldn't have gone on the mission at all because she was using Ulysses' intel.
Why should anyone listen to him when he's being this stupid?
>>
>>83805187
He gets edited. He's just so awful that noone human is capable of removing the sheer deluge of awful he makes.
>>
>>83805386
>Why should anyone listen to him when he's being this stupid?
Because so far the scoreboard shows when these geniuses go off half-cocked niggas die.
>>
>>83805428
Yup, just look at all the notes from Secret Invasion: >>83805280
Bendis needed to be told that Agent Brand isn't an excited school girl. Odds are he does stuff like this all the time, and editors have to correct so much of his crap that some of it slips through.
>>
>>83805477
The scoreboard so far is that Ulysses has saved countless lives, and if it were up to Tony they would all be dead.
>>
>>83805428
Yeah, Brevoort was actually asked about typos and grammar errors of the people he edited once. He said that of all the people he's editted for over the 20 years he's been an editor, Hickman always had the least errors and Bendis had the most.
>>
this shit story should not be a crossover event and should not even be in canon.
>>
>>83806133
it's probably just a hypothetical timeline and isn't actually happening anyway
>>
>>83806210
>it's a "it was all a future vision of something that could happen" episode
>>
>>83806210
>>83806265
After another prediction that's a little too tricky to pull off. It implies Ulysses had a vision within a vision.
That's visionception.
>>
>>83806342
I mean it's Bendis, do you really doubt he'd do that?
>>
>>83806342
Before this issue, I would have argued it's possible, if only because in the main issues we never saw the visions themselves, just Ulysses reacting to it.

But now that we saw it, idk
>>
>>83805008
Loss edit on his tears
>>
>>83802131
How has copy/pasted panels not happened yet? That's impressive
>>
File: 1464281495818.jpg (35 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1464281495818.jpg
35 KB, 381x380
>>83803336
Jesus Christ, I didn't even notice.
>>
>>83803383
A black man was killed to give a white man and a white woman angst
>>
>>83802598
Nah.

I agree that Tony was comically evil here, though, considering Ulysses literally fucking says "You could have asked me to do some tests for you. I'm a big fan... was"

The other side wasn't comically good, though
>>
>>83805273
>Also, bullSHIT remote armor. If you want to pull that garbage, don't show Stark CLEARLY in the suit, Medusa's hair inside the suit, and don't have directional speech bubbles in front of the person who isn't supposed to be in the suit.

There's just no set-up for that.
You needed a panel, a single panel, after Tony throws Medusa out of the room, where, say, a hand grabs Ulysses from out of the shadows. That's it. Then, when Hank McCoy says "He left his armor" the readers have a clear idea of where the events occurred: Tony jumped out of the armor after throwing Medusa out of the room, he grabs Ulysses, he leaves. Suddenly everything falls in place for the audience - we know whose hand that was, when he had the opportunity, etc.
Beast saying it out of the fucking blue like that feels like a bad joke. We've just gotta take his word that that's what happened, even though we never once saw anything like that happening. Ulysses could've been abducted by aliens for all the information that was presented to us.
>>
>>83804143
To be fair, Banner knows more than he does.

That said, Elixir or some other meta healer could probably do whatever.

Is Elixir still alive?
>>
>>83803432
Peter tested it, and iirc Medusa took him to T'challa to be tested in the fcbd chapter. The Inhumans probably tested him too. It's not like they didn't try it just turned out only Tony got results.
>>
>>83807017
Nope, the Dark Raiders killed him along with a bunch of other mutant healers
>>
>>83807107
Damn, the writers knew how overpowered healing is.
>>
>>83805273
>Told you they wouldn't kill She-Hulk. (Even though flat-lining has ALWAYS MEANT DEATH. Go, Bendis.)

They probably originally intended to but after the leak, they changed it.
>>
>>83806933
I don't know, stopping the Inhumans from attacking Stark tower is close.
>>
>>83806342
>>83806265
>>83806210
>>83806391
Ulysses' first vision affected him alone, and he had to tell people about it. Ever since the party, his visions have affected those nearby. what happened at the party? Jean Grey went into his mind.

Confirmed, this is all Jean screwing with people's brains. none of this (except the giant celestial) is actually happening.

prediction: last issue they'll all come out of the vision and look at each other awkwardly. But! Thanos is still coming the next day. Everyone teams up to kick his ass, saving She-Hulk and Rhodey.......but Rhodey is still badly injured and is crippled. just like in the movies.
>>
File: WY0bjcR.jpg (515 KB, 1920x2236) Image search: [Google]
WY0bjcR.jpg
515 KB, 1920x2236
>>83805273
>That is the look of a woman who is going to figure out if Bruce Banner is still the Hulk by smacking the shit out of him until he becomes the Hulk.
>Carol Danvers: Subtlety is for Pussies.

That's mah murderwaifu!
>>
>>83807525
Nah, what will actually happen is that Hawkeye will kill a powerless Banner, then be put on trial.
>>
>>83807486
>what happened at the party? Jean Grey went into his mind.
WEW
Bendis finna finish off what he started.
First Bobby now Ulysses.

Jean Grey on Wanda Maximoff status real soon.
>>
>Tony breaks into attilan
>doesn't lift a finger

>Inhumans go to stark tower
>Brings thor, Monica, vision, and all of the shield agents

Shit what were they expecting Medusa to do?
>>
>>83807711
do you have problems with reading? they said "let's stop Karnak from blowing up Stark Tower".
and Tony did a lot more than lifting a finger. He beat up the Queen and Karnak, then kidnapped one of her subjects.
>>
>>83807486
That really could be happening.
>>
>>83807772
I meant Carol didn't lift a finger, also they couldn't have known what they were going to do before calling up all those people. They showed up like they were expecting a full scale war and Black Bolt.
>>
>>83801726
Yup
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.