[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fight Club 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1035x1590-FIGHTCLUB1Finalcover.jpg (201 KB, 1035x1590) Image search: [Google]
1035x1590-FIGHTCLUB1Finalcover.jpg
201 KB, 1035x1590
Is it any good /co/?

The hardcover came out today and was thinking of checking it out.

It's got Cameron Stewart, so there's one thing it's got going for it already.
>>
I forgot all about this fight club getting a sequel makes no sense what so ever
>>
>>83798583
It's fucking trash. It's like someone watch Fight Club and didn't get anyone of the main points.
>>
>>83798840
But it's written by the author of the original book
>>
>>83798840
>didn't get any of the main points
make soap and blow shit up for the lulz?
>>
>>83798887
Which is even more shocking. You can read it if you want, but it really wasn't good. It was all over the place plot wise and just had really bad story elements, like he always had Tyler with him as a kid and shit.
>>
>>83798921
>make soap and blow shit up for the lulz?
I mean beyond that. The film Fight Club did a decent job of showing what anarchy in the form of a character study. There was an attempt at subtly. The comic is just nonsense for nonsense sake.
>>
>>83798924
It sounds like the author was giving some sort of middle finger.
>>
It's okay as a progression of the character, moving forward in his life, as well as Tyler progressing his motives along with him

But I'm not sure it lived up to the original.

It's a neat book though. A lot was lifted from the movie, like there's just certain visual stuff that really feels at place with what happened in the movie. A lot of the same anti-industrial ideology both in symbolism and in character activity

But the movie had that twist, the whole revelation of Tyler being a hallucination. Fight Club 2 has twists in it, but never anything of that scale
>>
>>83798980
>anarchy
I think you mean nihilism
>>
>>83798980
>>83798980
The anarchy turned into quickly into fascism
>>
The book starts off good, and then quickly dives into crazy nonsensical bullshit. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>83799372
Pretty much this. Buy it if you like Cameron Stewart's art or are a masochist
>>
It was literally brought into creation by Brian Michael Bendis, Matt fraction, and Kelly Sue deconnick
>>
>>83798583
First four issues are okey. After that it goes to hell
>>
I liked this way more than the first book.
>>
It's alright... Until the last book or so.
>>
>>83799372
>quickly dives into crazy nonsensical bullshit

Modern day Chuck Palahniuk in a nutshell. He wasn't /the greatest/ author back then, but he's certainly taken a nosedive now
>>
It's nice to look at
>>
>>83802512
I hopped off that crazy train after Rant. Even that short story about the kid in the pool was too much
>>
>>83802512
I liked Pygmy but everything after that is crap.

He is a one trick pony: ridiculous plot with "fun trivia"

It doesn't work that well in 2016 when we are sick of this stuff.
>>
File: reading.png (179 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
reading.png
179 KB, 500x281
>>83798840
>Fight Club
>watch
>>
>>83804823
>Implying the book was better.

Palahniuk is generally a hack. Fight Club is the only case where the movie is better than the book.
>>
>>83802766
>Even that short story about the kid in the pool was too much

But that was 11 years ago.
The book it's from (Haunted) is pretty damn good, though.
>>
The worst thing was the author self insert in the story. Reeks of smugnes. He must think he's so clever.
>>
>>83798583
Fight Club would have been better if it was a slight bit more realistic.

If Norton's character had made a shit load of money legitimately and dabbled in some illegal stuff too like drug running.

Then gets disillusioned and starts Fight Club. As the Club gets bigger it get freaky far out of hand. As in gunslingers, thrill killers and armed robber types start hanging around. Some dudes get sick of it all and go back to their normal lives. Some guys go off the deep end and wreck society. Cops and Feds start sending UC's to keep tabs on the organization.

As it was, Fight Club 1 was a fun flick that is definitely worth a watch or three, but nothing to build a philosophy around.
>>
>>83804868
Not him. The book was different but still basicly the same. They took a happier ending for the movie but that's it.
>>
>>83804897
The later books of the Dark Tower are worse. Kings shows up in his own book series that is basicly about "story telling" like he is the prime example of a story teller.
>>
>>83804878
>But that was 11 years ago.
EXACTLY
>>
I had never visited /co/ before in my life, but I hopped in today after seeing this thread in the homepage to get an informed opinion from you, as I'm (sadly) not that much into comic books. I see that most of you would agree that Fight Club 2 is pretty much trash, which is pretty obvious. Nevertheless, I was impressed with how reasonable /co/ is. It has been a long time since I read a whole thread without wanting to kill myself before I got to the end of it.
>>
>>83804968
>As it was, Fight Club 1 was a fun flick that is definitely worth a watch or three, but nothing to build a philosophy around

That's all mentioned in the book and movie. The support groups, the fight clubs, project mayhem, the bargain brand nihilism, it was all just an excuse for Jack to get out of his monotonous bullshit and meet some people. The extreme action is to keep the readers attention since no one will ever activaley sit through something like Proust again so you have to guzzy it up with man tits and dudes who can choke on command
>>
>>83805314
>dudes who can choke on command
Choke was a great book. Movie was decent, too.
>>
>>83804868
also the godfather
>>
>>83804868
And Jaws
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.