[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you mind if we talk about this for a second? Did anyone else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: AWO2tZV.jpg (120 KB, 859x767) Image search: [Google]
AWO2tZV.jpg
120 KB, 859x767
Do you mind if we talk about this for a second?

Did anyone else feel that this past season ended really abruptly? The story was moving along just fine in my opinion, but just as it seemed that the Blue Morpho had gotten rid of his last enemy they just ended it.

I don't know how you all felt but it just makes the next probably 3 year wait harder without the proper wrap up.
>>
File: Hank.jpg (24 KB, 538x559) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
24 KB, 538x559
>>83798452
>Did anyone else feel that this past season ended really abruptly?

Because it did. Doc and Jackson have admitted that it wasn't a proper finale. They're still apparently trying to get use to their new shorter season format. All This And Gargantua 2 came from their season 6 budget, and thus didn't have enough to produce a proper season finale.
>>
Precisely how I felt. I fully expected there to be more episodes.
>>
How can I love this show AND Archer AND Rick and Morty AND Bob's Burgers AND Steven Universe...

...and no, I never got into Proprietary Miniature Horses, even though I tried (I wanted to feel what it was like to be part of a subculture).
>>
I honestly kinda think that Season 6 sucked a bit.
>>
>>83798452
They originally wanted the penultimate episode, where Ms. Monarch shoots Rusty, to be more of the finale, but they couldn't get it to work.
>>
File: Jonas_Venture_Sr_1.jpg (77 KB, 771x614) Image search: [Google]
Jonas_Venture_Sr_1.jpg
77 KB, 771x614
>>83798650
episode amount wise yet it did suck, story telling and actual acting. 8/10, one of there best seasons to date.
>>
>>83798650
I think it's the best season since 3

The change in setting and cast did wonders for the humor
>>
>>83798650
To me it sucks because a lot of it felt like set up for the new status quo, but considering the glacial pace of actually getting new seasons out, we probably won't ever get to experience the full potential of everything before they decide to just call it a day and wrap the entire series up.
>>
>>83798557
>Precisely how I felt.
Yeah, you can never have too much precision in your soup..
>>
>>83798452
>>83798557
Because like the other guy said, it was literally half a season.

They planned the whole arc, and then put the line here because that's as many episodes they could afford.

Watching it all in one go will be amazing.
Really, the show lends itself so well to being binged.

Also
Blue Morpho is the Monarch's mother. Jonas is his father.
>>
File: 1465839316075.gif (101 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1465839316075.gif
101 KB, 500x364
>>83798604
>AND
>...and no,
> even though I tried
you'd fit right in, you type like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>83798549
is there a name for a company stupidly letting a budget issue sabotage what they've already sunk money into? i almost want to call it 'putting bad money after good'
it's like yeah, you have budgets, and yeah, every production is a gamble, but on something like this it's a fucking LOCK
if you know you have a winning hand, like you have literally already been told you have won, and someone asks if you want to add 20 percent to your bet, wouldn't you?
>>
>>83798604
How can you not? they're all great

and colorhooves was good at first. it remains 'good by kiddy show standards' but it was briefly 'pretty okay to slightly lacking by powerpuff standards'
>>
>>83802430
>steven universe
>great
>>
>>83802895
i'm not saying it might not also be bad, but if it is, it's bad IN ADDITION to being great.
it remains to be seen. i'm waiting, and giving the benefit of the doubt.
>>
I just want more farmgirl Dr. Mrs. The Monarch.
>>
>>83802052
>>
>>83804248
Was it satire, I can't fucking handle all these Sam Hyde's.
>>
>>83798549
>All This And Gargantua 2 came from their season 6 budget, and thus didn't have enough to produce a proper season finale.
It's not even that so much as it was the scheduling I think. We waited 3 years between seasons, and burned through the entire season in 2 months. Personally, I enjoyed the season pretty well, but there is no way for them to not fall short of expectations.
>>
>>83804654
that's a separate but equally real problem
>>
If season 7 comes out just a little bit quicker than this it'll be fine. And assuming season 7 doesn't immediately just toss everything done in season 6.
>>
>>83804826
in that same interview they said basically they're going to have to do the same thing they did last season, start the season with the end of the last one, as a big special.
>>
>>83798452
>Did anyone else feel
Stop seeking approval from the internet. Stop feeling instead of thinking. Stop being a fag. Be like Steve McQueen.
>>
>>83804866
shouldnt seek approval but there's nothing wrong with seeking company
>>
>>83798452
I wanted more episodes but the quality was very high for the most part. The season finale didn't feel like much but I assume they will create another special that is more explosive like the other finales.

This season was surprising because I was worried they would run out of new ideas and the show would get stale but this season was really good.
>>
>>83804843
>start the season with the end of the last one, as a big special

god damn (((AS))) are worthless
>>
next season when?
>>
>>83804991
i think that goes without saying. but you can't blame them for being a little kooky given their business
they have a near 100 percent stranglehold over their demographic and timeslot.. which is one of the least valuable ones
they hate anime but it's the only thing that makes them unique
they used to like some of the cooler, more unique anime, but nobody makes those anymore, and generally any good ones are going to be too hard to license compared to the ratings they bring in, leaving them with mostly just the bland big-name ones
theyve had a successful line of no-budget atlanta cartoons, but all of them get worse as they go on, til theyre just a bunch of absurd nonsense
meanwhile the best ratings they get is reruns of fox shows, no matter what.
you try running a network like that and not losing your goddamn mind
>>
File: Wish you were here.gif (251 KB, 398x248) Image search: [Google]
Wish you were here.gif
251 KB, 398x248
>>83804991
>>83805025
At this rate, I almost wish they would change formats, and just release a new hour long special every 6 months.
>>
>>83805110
i agree with this.
>>
Why does it take so long between seasons?
>>
>>83805276
high quality writing takes a long time, they're meticulous perfectionists that work over and over it all, plus they do it themselves (i don't know if anyone else even assists in writing)
they also go over all the animation and stuff themselves too. and do a ton of voices
>>
>>83805276
as >>83805350 said it's because they want to ensure a high quality final product and they have a limited budget with which to do that.
>>
>>83805471
well i'm not sure budget would help
as far as animation goes their budget is abnormally high for a western show
but really pumping more money in wouldn't accomplish a ton, would it? not in terms of speed. they would refuse to hire anyone to replace the work they do
>>
>>83805276
Because they're hipsters
>>
>>83799193

I feel like when they do decide to wrap up the show Adult Swim needs to give them the time and budget for a big 20 episode final season or something just so they have time to do it and not rush a final season out in 6 episodes.
>>
>>83807887
AS secretly(openly) hates the show because they don't get as much money from it as they do from other shows, due to not owning it
>>
>>83807887
They wouldn't even give a final season to Metalocalypse.
>>
What happened to this show going to comedy central?

Its objectively better than ugly americans, moonbeam city, some drawn together and some south park.
>>
>>83808618
shit, you saw what they did to ... well, to all of those shows, plus what they did to futurama. you don't want them doing that to venture bros.
>>
>>83808703
Plus Matt and Trey would just kill it since it would be competition.
>>
>>83798452
We only got six episodes. An hour long, then 4 half hours.

I believe season 6 was planned for 8 episodes. If the past seasons are anything to go by, we will probably get an hour episode to wrap up the season sometime in the unforeseeable future.
>>
>>83804944
They even said they tried to switch the order for the last 2 episodes, but just couldn't get it to work. That penultimate episode was damn good.
>>
>>83808772
uhh.. no? they wouldnt? and it wouldnt be? and even if it was, they like that kind of thing?
>>
>>83808873
that's not quite right, they said 'the second to last episode is better than this one' and 'we tried to rewrite everything to hurry in an ending, but couldn't'
>>
>>83804301
it was most likely not satire, it was fucking embarrasing to read
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.