[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ozymandias vs The Batman >Who would win in an impromptu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 342397482.png (226 KB, 496x296) Image search: [Google]
342397482.png
226 KB, 496x296
Ozymandias vs The Batman

>Who would win in an impromptu close-combat fight?
>Who is the more effective vigilante?
>Given time to prepare, with the final fight taking place in a random city on Earth which they'll only know which on the day of the battle, who would win?
>>
>>83797514
>Given time to prepare, with the final fight taking place in a random city on Earth which they'll only know which on the day of the battle, who would win?
Ozymandias, as he pulls off his master plan while Batman is still using prep time.
>>
>Who would win in an impromptu close-combat fight?

I think it would be an even fight. Batman couldn't use any fear tactics against Ozymandias, and I'm going to imagine most of his gadgets would be useless too. In this situation Batman would most likely win the end result of the fight, but not before Ozymandias nearly beats him within an inch of his life.

>Who is the more effective vigilante?
Ozymandias killed more than he would of saved, most likely. So Batman.

Assuming Batman wouldn't call Superman or any other superheroes to join in the fight, most likely Ozymandias because he'd blow up all the cities or something.
>>
>>83797825
>killing new york is somehow more than nuclear war

WEW
>>
>>83797514
Why Ozymandias don't just rape the cold war?
>>
>>83797514
Pretty even. I'd give Bats the edge in martial skill and on-hand trickery, but Ozy has his bullet time and (probable) performance-enhancing drug benefits.
>>
Didn't Ozy forge his body into something superhuman based on a vision that he got after eating hashish?
>>
>>83797514

even match, I give batman the edge
batman is a better vigilantie
ozy seems better at prep time to me
>>
>>83797514
they end up bonding over their mutual interests in boys
>>
>>83797514
Do people still pretend to like Ozymandias?

He's a solid contender for the single biggest cunt in the history of comics.
>>
>>83799299
>causing mass death and destruction in the economic capital in the world is a better nuclear deterrent than, say, the ones that actually worked irl
>>
>>83806643

>the ones that actually worked irl

You mean the ones that constantly failed? There are tons of times we came close to a nuclear war.
>>
File: wut (2).jpg (54 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
wut (2).jpg
54 KB, 800x534
>>83797514
If the writer is from the UK?
Ozymandias wins decisively & humiliates Bruce.
(Unless it is Morrison cuz he'll do anything to spite Moore)

If the writer is 'Murrican?
Bruce wins but not in any way thats interesting or imaginative. He just out punches Adrian cuz he's goddam Batman.
>>
File: 1459869661136.png (659 KB, 802x802) Image search: [Google]
1459869661136.png
659 KB, 802x802
>>83806812
>>
File: ook2.png (56 KB, 611x584) Image search: [Google]
ook2.png
56 KB, 611x584
>>83806812
>deterrents to nuclear war didn't work because we never had nuclear war
>>
>>83797514
Batman and the Justice League defeat people like Ozymandias every other week
>>
They're both "peak human" in their respective universes. So it really becomes a question of which universe has a better human potential.
>>
>>83806614
He saved the world.
>>
Different settings have different literary laws.

Ozy is in a world that's cynical to the point where nearly all things end badly, or at least everything we watched in the comic. Ozy's literary superpower is the ability to exploit the cynicism to win. Batman has Shonen power, the harder something is to do the better the chance he can do it cause fuck yea Batman.

What it comes down to is if Batmans "willpower and justice win" thing makes exploiting cynicism useless. I mean if Batman just heroes the fuck out everything then Ozy has to bad end to rely on.
>>
>>83809206
Maybe. It really comes down to whether what he did could of been done in a different way but Ozy took the quickest route AND if it'll stay at all. He's not a hero, the Watchman universe has no heroes, he's just a man with the power to make choices for the world whether he made the right one is up to the reader.
>>
>>83803500
And?

Batman has beat up people with that kind of physical advantage before.

Reasonably speaking a lot of the more human ones will lose.

But in an ensemble Justice League incarnation?

No.

He would mistake him for being a buffer Owl Man and get his shit kicked in.
>>
>>83806812
Hotcoldman is that you?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.