[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks like Marvel is getting serious about Console Games now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
File: Spider-Man PS4.jpg (395 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man PS4.jpg
395 KB, 900x470
Looks like Marvel is getting serious about Console Games now

>"Is [Spider-Man] a signal of things to come? Oh, yes. Absolutely. And we can’t wait to tell the world about it."

>Over the past few years, Marvel Games' output has been primarily on mobile (Avengers Academy, Contest of Champions, Future Fight), on PC (Marvel Heroes) and for Disney Infinity and Lego games. Marvel fans haven't had their own Batman: Arkham equivalent. But with multiple Marvel console games in development, it sounds like that's changing.

>Ong said there was a lot about Marvel Games' plans for consoles that he couldn't talk about. There are existing partnerships with Telltale Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros.' TT Games to make titles based on Marvel's properties, but he indicated there's a lot more in the works, some of which we'll hear more about later this year.

>Marvel wants to work with the best game developers in the business, Ong said, teams that share the company's passion for its heroes and villains. But it's being choosy about who it works with, and which teams work on which properties.

>"One of the things we really focus on in terms of our new strategy is that we all believe that great games drive the brand and great games are what our fans really deserve," Ong said. "The question is, 'How we can get there?' The thing we landed on is to be really selective with who we partner with. Extremely selective. Right now I would say that out of every 10 opportunities we look at, we maybe do one."

>http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/11937012/marvel-games-aaa-spider-man-insomniac-games-jay-ong

What are you hoping for? I want an Injuctice-level fighting game, even without Capcom
>>
>>83794112
>Ong said Marvel Games has a set of criteria as it looks to work with publishers and developers.

>"What we look at first and foremost is the talent level of partner," he said. "Are they world class in building the games we're talking about? They have to have world-class talent. They have to be able to invest the resources to make that talent sing. Equally important is, do they have passion for the IP they're working on? Do they share the same ambition? Do they love the character? We look for passion, that comes through in the first 30 seconds.

>"One of our mantras is authenticity; it's easy to make a game with Spider-Man on the label, but it's much harder to make it truly authentic in a way that reflects Peter Parker, the character." Insomniac Games and Spider-Man creative director Bryan Intihar, Ong said, embody that mantra.

>When publisher Activision was in charge of developing and publishing Spider-Man games, those titles were often tied to the release of movies or annual publishing schedules. The quality of those games varied, and while they were often successful commercially, Ong indicated that Marvel Games doesn't want to push games to market just to coincide with a theatrical release. (The upcoming Spider-Man game is "wholly original" and unrelated to 2017's Spider-Man: Homecoming, the next Marvel feature film starring the web-slinger.)

>"We are absolutely obsessed about [quality]," Ong said. "That is our North Star. We always say 'Great is not good enough. We're going for truly epic.'"
>>
>>83794112
I could go for a decent action game with multiple Avengers, don't even need to get TOO fancy, something on the level of Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions would be fine.

I would also like a less-hyper Marvel fighting game, but I guess that makes me a filthy casual.
>>
>>83794171
>Ong said that if a future Marvel Games title lines up with the release of a Marvel Studios movie, great, but "in this modern day and age, that [video game movie tie-in] model doesn't work anymore."

>"Things like [games] you cannot under-resource," he said. "You can't not give the development time ... to do justice to the game. We think, 'How do we make the game better? How do we help our partners make the game better?'"

>It's not yet clear when Marvel, Sony and Insomniac's Spider-Man game — or Telltale's unnamed Marvel game, which Ong says will delight fans — will be released. But those titles represent a new course for Marvel Games.

>"Building these franchises, and building these characters [at Marvel Games], this is that first big milestone from this team," Ong said. "This is a huge ambitious project."
>>
For them to change that ugly ass costume.
>>
>>83794112
As long as it's not as horrible as wii-u's avengers battle for earth
>>
>>83794191
There's this thing called "alternate outfits" that most games these days have. Most will probably be DLC though, like in the Arkham games, but I would expect the classic suit and the black suit to be unlockables.
>>
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 WHEN?
>>
Just give me Mahvel by ASW, Marvel Hero Shooter, this >>83794411 and an actually GOOD Iron Man game.
>>
Punisher game with that nemesis system thing Shadow of Mordor has.
>>
>>83794179
>I would also like a less-hyper Marvel fighting game, but I guess that makes me a filthy casual.

In general, MAHVEL fanboys are the filthy casuals...

Funny how shit rolls downhill
>>
>>83794112
Until Spider-Man games go first person idgaFUCK
>>
File: Pat_and_Woolie.png (303 KB, 920x501) Image search: [Google]
Pat_and_Woolie.png
303 KB, 920x501
When's Mahvel?
>>
I just want an X-Men RPG with Saints Row level of advanced customization and the choice of power, but that would never happen.
>>
>>83794608
I just want a good marvel fighter

I don't like 2d fighters as much typically, so the MVC games aren't my cup of tea.
>>
>>83794191
Dude this is a Spider-Man gane, by the 3rd objective you'd have most likely earned
5 alt costumes
>>
>>83794624
You can always play X-Men Destiny, friend!
>>
>>83794112
>Marvel wants to work with the best game developers in the business
But then why are they working with Sony?
>>
>>83794489
>Shadow of Mordors nemesis system
That could work. What was that one new enemy of Spidey.. Some junkie that got adaptability powers and evolved each and every time he was hurt by something? Sorta like a watered down Doomsday.

You punch the guy -> he is knocked down
Next time he has much more hp, you trip him into the water or whatever -> he drowns and later come back now with gills.
Basically an enemy that is constantly testing your ability to deal with him.
>>
>>83794675
Alright, a GOOD X-Men RPG then. Also, as far as I recall it didn't have any worthwhile customization.

What's the point of playing OCs if you can't customize them?
>>
>>83794678
>developers
>>
sorta hyped for a new spidey game.

My problem though is that it looks like they are borrowing a lot from the previous spider-man game.

Webswinging will most likely be skyswinging again
Combat looks like it will be the same as in ASM2

>But anon, that scene where they were in the building and spidey jumped through the window!!!
Yeah.. Let's face it. There will be like.. 5 places where we can do this sorta stuff otherwise it will be missions. The idea is cool but I would rather that we were able to walk into all the places either as Peter or Spider-man

On the plus side we could get alternate costumes and (I guess) Mr. Negative as an enemy.
>>
>>83794718
Destiny is the least video game you can make and still have a game. If you stripped out the X-men elements you could call it "Generic Video Game: the Game".
Literally two decisions of customization made in the first five minutes and that's it.
>>
I want a beat-em-up
>>
Wouldn't a new Marvel fighter not feature the X-Men or Fantastic Four-related characters due to "fuck fox"?

Also if there was to be, I pray to Jesus it's not a crossover with Nu-Capcom featuring Donte and Nu-Megaman.
>>
>>83794836
Probably. Unless they have given greater autonomy to some "head of video games" guy. If Perlmutter is anywhere near it you can count on no fox properties.
>>
>>83794802
They stated swing would be physics based. So you can't Web a building to the right if you need to swing left. Though I agree it will be casual in someway so everyone can swing.
>>
>>83794112
>new spidey costume
>red, blue, clack and white
For some reason I just don't like it. It seems like too many colors at once.
Could some anon try to make the spider logo another color? Like black or blue? Maybe that will help the entire thing?
>>
>>83794836
Crossovers are Capcom's thing. No way they'll fuck up character reps.
>>
>>83794836
We assume so
>no Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix, or Doom
>>
>>83794936
developers have stated since the beginniing that they have phy-swinging but guess what?
Developers lie.

>Yo Jerry.. Spiderman games aren't selling so well. What do we do?
>eeeh.. kids loved that spydermun 2 game right? Because of the swinning..
>Awww yeah Jerry. I gets ya. We need to incorporate the same swinging mechanic from that game to our new game
>What? No that would make way too much sense. Just SAY that we have that and do whatever with the swinging
>This is why you are the boss Jerry
>Yeah baby. I know it
>>
Don't put too much stock into these words. This Spider-Man game is almost certainly the only one in production, and only exists because of heavy Sony investment. Disney, and therefore Marvel, just aren't interested in console development. It's too costly, and the profit margins aren't as high as low-risk ventures like mobile and browser games like Spider-Man Unlimited and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. From Disney's perspective, why should they pump money into the increasingly expensive AAA development machine when they can make just as much profit if not more from mobile and facebook games? And given that Disney Infinity turned out to have fallen on it's face, it's highly likely that unless Spider-Man PS4 turns a massive profit, we aren't going to see this Marvel Interactive Universe talk come to any fruition.
>>
>>83794411
This, with a full return to indepth ARPG gear and stat choices. And playable villains.
>>
>>83795110
Fuck off normie
>>
>>83795110
They finally saw that Arkham makes cash, and want a piece of that.
>>
I just want stuff like in Ultimate Spiderman, where they let you know there was a bigger Marvel universe out there- like dropping Johnny Storm out of nowhere for a quick race.
>>
>>83794112
>Linking directly to polygon
>>
>>83794833
I'd normally say "Spider Man by Platinum Games!". But after Star Fox Zero, TMNT and now Scalebound, I'm definitely weary.
>>
>>83795110
Avengers Alliance not Ultimate Alliance.
>>
>>83795320
Did you mean wary?
>>
>>83795296
I swear I remember a voice clip from Spider-Man 2 about a red guy in Hell's Kitchen.

I know I once heard a criminal say "Time for a bit of the old ultraviolence"

>captcha: 616
>>
>>83794112
>Looks like Marvel is getting serious about Console Games now

I'll believe it hwne someone other than Spider-Man gets a game. Spidey has always gotten games. I know Telltale is working on something

It would be like if DC makes a game that isnt Batman or Injustice. Then we can say ITS HAPPENING
>>
I have inside info that Sucker Punch is working in a Avengers game exclusive for the PS4Neo
>>
>>83795378
can confirm, my dad also works at nintendo
>>
>>83795378
My dad works at Nintendo as well
>>
>>83795432
>>83795428
Why are you on 4chan, kids?
Didn't your mom's hubby tell you to go out for a change? You should listen to him too!
>>
>>83795378
I work for Microsoft and can confirm this, also Rare is making a Defenders game.
>>
>>83795320
I'm getting a weird schadenfreude from this, don't get me wrong, I would love for these games to be as good as they can, but the fact they crashed and burned makes it so people can't just do "Just give it to Platinum" all the time anymore.
>>
>>83795110
>Disney, and therefore Marvel
Stop blaming Disney.
It's Marvel who has control over the games. Disney is churning out Star Wars games with EA now, so the problem is clearly not on their end.
>>
>>83795528
I have faith in Automata though. And Scalebound looks trash because MS probably influenced too much on the concept, and Kamiya likes to do things his own way.
>>
>>83795110
You misunderstand, Disney found the idea of developing their own games a waste of time and money but they are happy to license their characters away to other developers for the highest bidder.

Look at EA and their Star wars license to print money, Disney is just sitting back and collecting the royalties compared to managing and trying to ensure their Disney Infinity company was profitable.
>>
>>83795541

EA is a well-established video game publisher with many strong IPs and sales under it's belt.

Marvel is not.

You really can't compare the two.
>>
>>83795627
I don't think you understood my point, reread what I wrote
>>
>>83795627
>EA is a well-established video game publisher with many strong IPs

[Citation Needed]
>>
>>83794112
>What are you hoping for?

To make sure it has different costumes. Like what the fuck? Did they try to crap as many different suits as possible all into one? I mean fuck they couldn't even fit the spider on the front and had to clip off the legs.
>>
>>83795721
He didn't say they made good games, but they are established and they do have a dragon's hoard of IPs from their various conquests.
>>
>>83795320

I did like their Ninja Turtles game. Best TMNT game in recent years.
>>
>>83794112
>A 2D fighting game like Injustice
>A game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance
>An Iron Man game with tons of Armor upgrades
>An 18+ Punisher game where you mow down criminals
>More Lego games
>>
>SHIELD XCOM with Hydra/AIM and alium invasions, plus villain bosses
>helicarrier base makes tactical strikes and can be attacked
>get Starktech gadgets and War Machines in lategame, with hero guest appearances for certain missions
>>
>>83794112
2D Ant-Man metroidvania
>>
I want an open world non lego game where I can just fly around as a superhero in
rip city of heroes ;_;
>>
>>83795721
>implying Mass Effect, the Sims, Battlefield, and Star Wars aren't Huge IPs
>>
>>83795627
Marvel isn't making the games themselves. Like their mouse-eared parent company, they're licensing their franchises out rather than trying to turn a comic book maker into a game developer.
>>
>>83796226
>>An 18+ Punisher game where you mow down criminals
I played that one, it was bitchin'.
>>
I always wanted someone to simply build a version of New York. Just that.
Fill it with people, cars, parks whatever
And then you simply pay for some dlc that adds a hero or villain. Then you get Spidey, maybe you are feeling up for a fly-by done by Thor, maybe you just want to crush buildings as the Rhino etc.
>>
>>83797751
That's basically what the lego marvel games are
>>
>>83794171
>>83794182
Letting go of movie tie in bullshit is the best thing I've heard in a loooooong goddamn time. Its ruined so many potential games. Then actually finding good devs, not just somewhat well known ones(just fucking die already SEGA) fills me with hope.
>>
File: Vtj8YvX.png (197 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
Vtj8YvX.png
197 KB, 500x411
So it's obvious that the suit in the new spiderman game is supposed to be a weird take on the Ben Reilly suit, right?
>>
I love spider-man games.

I am still hoping for a open world game in which you level up your skills and then they become better and better.
Love swinging? Well swing through NY enough and your speed will increase
Love combat? Well get down there and punch people. This will unlock new combos and such
Hate how bad your spideysense is? Get in there and dodge left and right. Become that spider-man assassin from that what-if comic.

And if there could be random crimes instead of me having to activate a mission every time I want to stop crime.. That would be super.
And have villains roam the city. Not anything story based. Just roaming and then you could swing in, punch Mysterio before jumping down the sewers to have an all out brawl with doctor Conners and his lizard crew
>>
>>1
>>
A new Hulk game with a fully destructible game world
>>
>>83794112
>I want an Injuctice-level fighting game, even without Capcom
Why the fuck do you want a bad Marvel fighting game? Is Contest of Champions not shit enough for you?
>>
>>83794411
This won't happen while Marvel Heroes exists.
>>
>>83794112
>I want an Injuctice-level fighting game
Fucking why? Injustice was so goddamn generic and stiff. I really don't get the love for it at all.
>>
>>83797751
It's called Second life
>>
>>83801025
the game based off the Norton Hulk movie had that. however it's worse then Ultimate Destruction in every other way
>>
>>83794411
I just want Spider-Man Ultimate Alliance
>>
Spiderman looks like a budget game
>>
File: 1457888357245.jpg (102 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1457888357245.jpg
102 KB, 728x636
>>83794411
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
>>83795320
But TF devastation was fantastic
>>
>>83794182

>Telltale's unnamed Marvel game

God dammit.
>>
>>83795320
SFZ was solid. 7/10, I enjoyed it.

TMNT though, that was horrible.
>>
>>83801258
>>83801328
I'd prefer a 3D fighting game like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series
>>
>>83801328
/co/ puts an emphasis on story when it comes to games. I'm with you, Injustice was a clunky mess, but I admit the story was interesting and different from what they usually do.

Not enough to actually play the sequel, but that's what cutscene compilations on youtube are for.
>>
>>83802914
Injustice's story was a fanfiction version of "A Better World"

Fucking horrible.
>>
>>83802914
The story was really really not good.
>>
This is the only spiderman thread I can see and dont want to make a new thread.

There was a Spider-Man comic within the past 5 years that had some amazing abstract-ish art.

I said to myself I would buy the collected trade when all the issues had came out but I forgot the name. I think it was just a mini series sbout 6 issues or so. It had quite abstract art and tons of shapes and triangles and I dont even think it did traditional paneling.

Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>83804135
Marvel Knights: Spider-Man I think.

4 or so issues?
>>
>>83804149

Thats the one. Looking at reviews, oof, people are REALLY shitting on the story but the arts amazing.

Thanks man.
>>
>>83804477
Yeah, story was not good but art was pretty
>>
File: 46D.jpg (154 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
46D.jpg
154 KB, 1100x619
>>83794970
Something like this maybe?
>>
I want another Wolverine game like Origins
>>
>>83806636

Instant improvement, nice work.
>>
>>83795051
*Todd
>>
>>83794686
Freak
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.