[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just read Superman #1, and I'm very confused. I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: P00029.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
P00029.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
So I just read Superman #1, and I'm very confused. I thought he was in Metropolis picking a fight with Luthor. Are the comics taking place at different times? Did I miss an issue? What is the reading order here? Yes, I'm dumb, but it's been awhile since I've read DC comics, and I'm trying to stay up to date with the order. Please help!
>>
>>83790913
Action Comics and Superman are telling different stories that take place at different times anon. I know it's confusing since Action Comics and Superman have been crossing over since forever but DC Rebirth might actually be putting a stop to that albeit temporarily. There is no reading order since it's not a crossover. Pick which one you like and read it.
>>
Superman - Rebirth 01 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/SmpEfeOH/file.html

Superman 001 (2016) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/XwSHu0wh/file.html

Read the top two in order and continue with those and come back and read the Actions when they pile up.

Action Comics 957 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/JhawWcSD/file.html
>>
I'm guessing Superman #1 takes place after Action Comics last issue then? I can wrap my head around it, I just think it's not a good idea right now, when they're doing this big event to reintroduce the characters and narrative. They will confuse slow people like myself.
>>
>>83791029
Not really, they are two different titles. Batman had more than 5 at on point
If there is a crossover they'll tell you on the last page of what you are reading
>>
>>83791061
Just doesn't make sense to me. I could really use a concise, straight line narrative right now.
>>
>>83791152
..... anon are you trolling? Because Superman and Action Comics are two different books, why the heck would you expect them to share the same story just because it features the same character? What you're suggesting of having both books crossover is actually even more fucking complicated (And expensive and did I say stupid?) because there are normal people out there who realize that these two aren't the same book despite both having Superman on their covers.
>>
>>83791152
The is one book called Action Comics.

There is another book called Superman.

The one you read was Action Comics. You keep on following Action Comics for that storyline. It's that simple.
>>
>>83791276
yeah but where does Superman come into this anon? Why did they have to make it so complicated?
>>
Oh man no one tell him Batgirl takes place in Asia while Birds of Prey in Gotham.

Also Black Canary is in both Seattle and Gotham
>>
>>83791294
It's exactly the opposite. The want to make the stories of each book standalone in order to avoid making it necessary to crossover between them al the time. The Superman story has to come after the Action story and next couple of issues since you've already got Superman in the new uniform, but that's it for now.
>>
>>83790913
All comic companies do this op. Stop acting like a dumbass.
>>
>>83791294
Are you retarded?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.