[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men Apocalyse is better than Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22
Just finished watching this after another rewatch of Civil War.

God, I wish The MCU had balls to the wall villains and ideological conflict of the X-Men.

Civil War was a mistake. Cap and Stark are not Xavier and Magneto. The whole conflict of Civil War should have been Stark wanting to enact revenge against Bucky while Cap is trying to protect Bucky. You can remove the Sokovia Accords and nothing would change.

Apocalypse is what an ideal MCU villain should have been. Like, i really wished that in AoU Ultron was hacking into Norad and then launched all the nukes onto every city on Earth. That's what a villain should be. Apocalypse did exactly that.

Seriously, why is it that the X-Men can do MCU better than the MCU while the MCU is struggling to be like the X-Men?
>>
No its not

Its run length is almost as uncomfortable as Batman vs Superman

Civil War is literally the perfect run length for a movie and I think Marvel has perfected this to an exact science by now

3 hour Cape films are a fucking meme
>>
>>83789771
Don't you have some underage boys to fuck, Singer?
>>
>>83789920

The only parts I enjoyed about the movie were Nightcrawler and ArchAngel's death being the highest of comedy
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1428x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1428x308
>>83789771
>X-Men Apocalyse is better than Civil War
PffffffttttBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
File: image.jpg (713 KB, 2476x1084) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
713 KB, 2476x1084
>>83789995
>>
>>83789995

The after credits scene of Apocolypse is at least moderately better than Civil War's

It really goes without sending if you end a Marvel movie and don't remind us Thanos is almost near Earth's orbit the film in general is a waste of fucking time

Also fuck off Hydra you fucking turbo jobbers
>>
>>83789995
I mean if we're going to do this, someone can post DOFP having a higher RT rating than WS.
>>
>>83790028
>The after credits scene of Apocolypse is at least moderately better than Civil War's
It wasn't. It was terrible and most casuals had no clue what it was. Might as well of had the suitcase say Mojo on it.
>>
>>83789947
What? You didn't like the scene at the beginning where Apocalypse's horseman changed his clothes while falling all high speeds (with the worst CGi possible)?
Or how Apocalypse designed a pyramid to be taken down by one block held by two pillers?
>>
McAvoy is meant to age into Patrick Stewart in another two decades?
>>
>>83790077

I knew it had something to do with X-23 because what else would they use Wolverine's DNA for

I am hype for Sinister. I can't wait for him to resurrect Angel from the dead just so he can try and rape him.

Sinister is high comedy
>>
>>83789771
1.jpg, is that you?
>>
>>83789995
>posting memetomatoes to prove one film better than the others
although I agree CW is much better than Apocalypse, the second half of the movie was trash, full of fan services and overlong shitty battle sequences
>>
>>83790107

I was too busy laughing till I couldn't breathe when Apocalypse and company teleported into the metalworks factory looking 90's as shit while Magneto is on the verge of tears

It was Mortal Kombat Annihilation levels of comically awful
>>
>>83789834
X-Men Apocalypse: 2h 27m
Captain America: Civil War: 2h 27m
Batman v Superman: 2hr 33m

3 hour cape films are a meme and you fell for it. They don't exist. The word you're looking for is pacing.

X-Men Apoc had problems setting the stage with every converging storyline that wasn't Cyclops or Magneto. By the time Apocalypse starts actually doing things, it seems to happen stupidly fast because in a better movie, it would have been interspersed with the earlier parts of the movie.

Then the fucking Stryker/Alkali Lake literally pointless diversion happens and fucks the whole movie. It literally had the horsemen, Apoc, and Charles wait on a cliffside for 20 minutes while the plot caught up with them. Never mind the fact that the entire thing is like anti-continuity.

"It's all connected" is a shit meme and MCU continuity doesn't make the MCU any better than its individual movies are, but it's a whole lot better than what the X-Men series has been doing, which is basically anti-continuity. Setting up recurring or future elements and then taking time out of a movie to awkwardly explain why things are completely different (Mystique in general, Magneto's circumstances completely changing and requiring new exposition, the Hellfire club being shoved aside and killed offscreen in DOFP) is infinitely worse than having Falcon appear in a dumb, harmless scene in Ant-Man.
>>
the only thing this movie did better than Civil War is the soundtrack and more cinematic feels
>>
>>83790194

>Batman v Superman: 2hr 33m

No

Fuck you

I refuse to believe the unedited theatrical cut was somehow less than 3 hours

There is so much fucking FLUFF in that film that desperately needs to be cut and its literally every scene involving Lois
>>
>>83790212

>The dramatic overtension when Apocalypse destroyed all the nukes on earth
>>
>>83789771
>>83790049
>OP backpeddling this hard
Yes, Op, you could have posted DoFP and WS. But you didn't. You wanted a thread bashing Marvel Studios and shilling Fox because that's what you're paid to do. Because you're a paid Fox Shill. And your bosses are jelly that X-Men Apocalypse and Fan4stic were both dogshit (and the only good comic book movie they made is the one they had no involvement with and tried to can) and Civil War beat them.

Why don't you tell your bosses to stop raping the X-Men and tell Singer to stop raping little boys hmmm?
>>
>>83790235

Real talk...they can keep Fantastic 4 but please god give us Skrulls, Kang, Doom, Galactus
>>
>>83790217
that's just the feel of a movie consisting of a boring, directionless 90 minutes, followed by an hour of sound and fury. it's fucking numbing.
>>
>>83790155
it was hilarious and awesome

Can't wait till next X-men film goes full 90s cartoon
>>
>>83790268

I also had to pee really bad but I didn't wanna leave in case I was gonna miss anything important

Real talk...all I really would have missed was Bruce referencing Flashpoint in his Flash Dream Sequence and Superman mourning to his dead father.
>>
>>83790077
>It was terrible and most casuals had no clue what it was.

Oh, but people totally knew who Thanos was after Avengers? Fuck off, mate.
>>
Civil War is a character drama, Apocalypse was a summer punch-fest.

>inb4 hurr durr implying CW is a character drama

It is, the entire fulcrum of the plot is the conflict between the characters, the narrative is non-existent. Whether you think it was well-done or not is up to you.

Apocalypse's drama was basically "bad guy wakes up, takes a shit on Xavier's porch and the team has to stop him." It's a straight-line narrative-focused movie, there's barely a character arc between the entire cast.

They're pretty different movies. I liked Apoc but it wasn't doing the same things CW was doing.
>>
>>83790107
>changed his clothes while falling all high speeds

I suppose we're meant to infer that apocalypse gets his powers from his magic suit
>>
>>83789771
Civil War was Fun.
X-Men Apocalypse was like getting punched in the balls.
>>
>>83790301

Wait until we get to Old Man Logan. Wolverine Solo films are already comically bad by themselves

Weapon X was terrible
Sabretooth was terrible
Silver Samurai no one cared about
I wanted the snake bitch in the last Wolverine to suck the soul out of my cock
>>
That's not much of an accomplishment. I mean that's like saying batman vs superman was better than civil war. It's just obvious.
>>
>>83790350

How about the Thor after credits scene after the end of Incredible Hulk with Tony talking to Ross?

Or god forbid we talk about The Collector in general
>>
File: 1459464858083.gif (3 MB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
1459464858083.gif
3 MB, 255x320
RIP actually appealing Mystique

My child self was thirsty for more blue girl

And now that my adult self has gotten it, I'm physically ill and just want her to go away
>>
>>83790429
Don't forget Dudepeel.
>>
>>83790353

Apocalypse's reason to be angry is that there are all these people...mutants and non mutants alike wasting all this time having fun and being non conformists that he is angry no one is worshipping him and building him pyramids

short story: He's autistic and humanity didn't build him a new train set to play with
>>
>>83789771
No shit sherlock
>>
>>83790426

I think it was the moment we had the Quiksilver montage when the movie said "We don't understand character progression and tension well so here is some memes to laugh at. Enjoy!"

Don't get me wrong it wasn't....mind numbingly awful but compared to the scene in DoFP which was shorter and more impressive this one was just too much.
>>
I wish so bad the next X-men movie takes place in the 1990s. The X-men team up with Shatterstar to fight Mojo in his alien game show dimension. Finale takes place in the savage land.Suggestions for who to cast as big tittied teenage Rogue are welcome
>>
>>83790353
The entirety of the new X-men series feels like there's a Magneto character drama going on, ehich gets drowned out by the midpoint of the movie, and then reset by the next one with a completely new situation.
>>83790155
This scene felt like that given physical form. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who found it that fucking goofy, I haven't heard it pointed out anywhere. Part of me hopes it's not noticed until years from now, like the utter hilarity of every single Sheev scene in Revenge of Sith.

But yeah, that ending crashed any character drama hopes. I just want to feel for Mags for a little while, whether that's sympathy for new hero Mags or the respect for Sir Ian's villain Mags. But having him go full magnetic retard on the ENTIRE WORLD while barely taking any convincing to do so, and then getting off with not even a slap on the wrist, but an invitation to the club, destroyed the potential character drama. He's just a fixture with pretty powers and a draw for the fanbase now, the plot has to bend over backwards to keep him infinitely marketable instead of tell his story.
>>
>>83790451

Except that statement doesn't make any sense

Wonder Woman didn't act like herself at all. Gal Gadot would make a better Catwoman then Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83790350
Thanos actually looked cool. He's a big menacing purple alien.
It's not like they had two random ass suits turn to the camera and say Thanos was coming.
If it had shown Mr Sinister in his classic look holding Wolverine's, then it could have been forgiven. But they didn't. And knowing Fox, Mr Sinister is most likely going to look stupid. And take a back seat to Magneto (because Fox).
>>
File: 1money.jpg (25 KB, 324x469) Image search: [Google]
1money.jpg
25 KB, 324x469
>>83790478

Guardians of the Galaxy just makes me want more of those thirsty cock hungry pink slut aliens.
>>
File: Thanos-guardians.jpg (13 KB, 401x248) Image search: [Google]
Thanos-guardians.jpg
13 KB, 401x248
>>83790558
>He's a big menacing purple alien.
kek
>>
>>83790546

I just want more Nightcrawler...and Azazel.
>>
>>83790546
>The entirety of the new X-men series feels like there's a Magneto character drama going on, ehich gets drowned out by the midpoint of the movie, and then reset by the next one with a completely new situation.
It's sad how accurate this statement is.
>>
I still can't get over the fact that magneto killed at least a billion people and the movie just glosses over it like it's no big deal.
>>
>>83790605

I was actually shaking my head at the very notion of their version of Scarlett Witch having the ability to communicate with animals like she is Elizah fucking Thornberry

However when someone mentioned "Polaris" it all started to make sense

and my hatred for that worthless slut Polaris reminds me as to why they even needed to bother giving Magneto an inferior daughter
>>
>>83790585
the whole X-Men franchise has been a downward spiral from that Nightcrawler scene in X2.
I hope new Kurt is good, I miss him too even though he didn't do much unique or pull from the comics in the original trilogy
>>
>>83790627

Why does it matter? Isn't /co/ still asspained over those fabricated kill counts Marvel and Disney halfassed?

Hell Agents of Shield even brings mention that those accounts are total bullshit possibly fabricated within Hydra
>>
File: 001500Capture.png (1 MB, 1006x920) Image search: [Google]
001500Capture.png
1 MB, 1006x920
>>83789771
>>
>>83790647

You can beg and plead and scream all you want but you can never make me care about Cyclops, Beast, or Mystique

I just want Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine
>>
>>83790627

Not just that, but he helped Apocalypse kidnap him so Apocalypse could basically take over his body and erase/kill him.

Prof X should of mind wiped or lobotimized Magneto for the billions he murdered and for trying to kill him.
>>
>>83790649
It matters to me because in one action sequence Magneto justified pretty much every human antagonist the franchise has ever produced, and not only is that overlooked, we're supposed to be happy he's redeemed somehow. Fuck that. Bring on the sentinels. Clearly they're needed.

Not to mention it's a perfect example of why stakesfags are the worst. Where can they go from here? Why should I care about ANY destruction from now on when characters are nuking entire countries worth of civilians and it's got no narrative weight or consequence to it?
>>
>>83790688

Thank god movie Apocalypse isn't anything like comic Apocalypse because comic Apocalypse is 110% bullshit in terms of power curve

He has fucking Majin Buu tier regeneration even at a cellular level. It take more than Cyclops, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, and Phoenix to stop him
>>
>>83790668
>Not liking based Rightclops
>liking boring Sniktbub
You have to be 18 to post here, kid.
>>
>>83790649
I bet you liked Man of Steel and Transformers Dark of the Moon
>>
>>83790707

>Bring on the Sentinels

Fuck off Mastermold despises humans and mutants and wants the world to belong to the machines ala Terminator

Fuck off.
>>
>>83790668
Go fuck yourself, cancer
>>
>>83790732
And? As a flatscan I'm fucked either way. At least if Master Mold wins I'd be avenged.

Xavier excusing Magneto after this torpedos any credibility his cause might have had. He clearly doesn't want integration; he wants his butt buddy and humanity can go fuck itself in light of that.
>>
>>83790778
Master Mold is a robot. Mutants are humans
Also, Magneto is silly
>>
>>83790730

Wrong and also Wrong I barely remember anything from either of those movies.

>>83790715

Sorry I don't respect dumb ass mutants who think with their penises in wanting to fuck psychotic omnipotent fire goddesses who wanna nuke the world of all organic life.
>>
>>83790774

Eat shit you fucking turbo normie stop having no fun
>>
>>83790818
>Sorry I don't respect dumb ass mutants who think with their penises in wanting to fuck psychotic omnipotent fire goddesses who wanna nuke the world of all organic life.
Then why do you respect wolverine?
>>
With Age of Apocalypse Singer is turning into a Dave Willis level story teller where it doesn't matter if the characters are utterly shit people that do epicly terrible things, because they're an oppressed minority we should excuse them and love them unconditionally.
>>
>>83790845

Because he's Fox's Ironman. Without him no one wants to really watch X-Men
>>
>>83790835
Have you ever felt like what it was look like?
>>
>>83790851

You think they'll do Onslaught next?

They haven't TECHNICALLY done Juggernaut yet
>>
>>83790852
But he wants to fuck Jean Grey, you fucking mongoloid. You basically contradicted yourself
>>
>>83790532

How does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
File: 1442626262546.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1442626262546.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>balls to the wall villains and ideological conflict of the X-Men.
>Magneto please don't kill literally the entire world
>muh family
>Magneto please
>MUH
>FAMILYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>83790865

Wolverine wants to fuck a lot of things

I wanna fuck a lot of things

We all wanna fuck a lot of things

If we're talking X-men I wanna fuck the THICC Asian bitch which I am assuming is Jubilee
>>
>>83790853

Did you have a stroke on your keyboard?

>>83790874

Can you fucking reveal your shilling any harder faggot?
>>
>>83790877

>Polaris is dead!

Good. Scarlett Witch is literal 100x her sister will ever will be it makes me furious her and Logan end up being the last living mutants alive when Mastermold takes over.
>>
>>83790902
>Did you have a stroke on your keyboard?
I've tried to communicate with you, using your language
>>
File: Serves you fucking right.png (125 KB, 540x569) Image search: [Google]
Serves you fucking right.png
125 KB, 540x569
>>83790923

I'm not retarded but apparently you are
>>
>>83790888
You've partially redeemed yourself, but you still a pleb
>>
>>83790934
>I'm not retarded but apparently you are
No John, you are the demons
>>
>>83790941

I only wanna fuck Jubille and Shadowcat

I don't understand the appeal to Rouge

I would only fuck Mystique if she shape shifted into Asami
>>
File: sandwichessandwiches (2).jpg (812 KB, 1987x1592) Image search: [Google]
sandwichessandwiches (2).jpg
812 KB, 1987x1592
>>83790946

Its time to SSHHH whatever the fuck you're talking about because I don't care and neither does anyone else
>>
>>83790960
Don't lie, I can see you blush
>>
>Apocalypse shoots all the nukes into space and then a couple hours later asks Magneto to destroy all the cities on earth
>Apocalypse kicks everyones ass then Jean goes super saiyan and he loses
>civilization changing events are completely irrelevant because "humans rebuild"
>Xavier can defeat Apocalypse because Xavier makes allies and Apocalypse doesn't. If that's the case why in the beginning scene were Apocalypse's Horsemen more concerned about saving his life than their own?
>>
>>83790972

Senpai I think you're high.
>>
Apocalypse was such a disappointing villain. The movie tells me how powerful he is so much, and ALL HE DOES IS BUILD A FUCKING PYRAMID. And why the fuck did he pick those 4 horsemen? Magneto yeah, why storm, angel cuck and that other girl.
>>
>>83790949
Rogue has a thick southern ass
>>
>>83790975

and again...thank god all movie villains are always one and done

because Apocalypse has cell regeneration and can reform a new body whenever he wants.
>>
>>83790976
I don't deny, but I also don't confirm
>>
>>83790984
How about you build a pyramid yourself, if it's so meh for you. 4 Horsemen, because he needs his own Fantastic Four
>>
>>83790985

Yeah but you can't fuck her without dying of cancer

>>83790984

Apocalypse is literally the first Baby Boomer

>You damn kids
>Literally not on your knees worshipping me
>What is this "Non-Conformist" bullshit why are you meat sacks not building my pyramids?
>You faggots literally exist to do slave work who gave you permission to have fun
>MUH PYRAMIDS
>>
>>83790993

Please shut up you're contributing nothing to this thread

>>83791009

Arch Angel's death will never not be the funniest scene in the movie.
>>
>>83791021
>Yeah but you can't fuck her without dying of cancer
You never heard of condoms, did you?
Also, the biggest elephant in the room that x-men never adressed is that you have Forge, who could create a power dampener enough to make her fuck
>>
>>83791021
Apocalypse is the old man yelling at cloud.
Albeit I enjoyed the moment when he looks at bankers in the tv and makes a "disgusting" face

I expected some memes with Apocalypse, t b h
>>
>>83791033
>Please shut up you're contributing nothing to this thread
Except riling you off
All your posts are
>wah wah wah
>>
>>83791034

Faggot I don't think you understand how Rouge's powers work and besides everyone on /co/ only fucks there waifus raw there is no compromise.

>>83791041

Why the fuck was Storm Egyptian? That will never not piss me off.

>>83791048

KYS
>>
>>83791077
>Faggot I don't think you understand how Rouge's powers work
Oh really? You probably forgot the Genosha arc, when Rogue was powerless, you casual
>>
>>83791077
>Why the fuck was Storm Egyptian?
Because she is Egyptian in the comics
Half-Egyptian. Also, she grew up in Cairo.

Also, kiss you too
XOXO
>>
One thing Fox really does right is show how terrifyingly powerful superhumans can be. Xavier & Magneto can kill everyone on earth and yet they're insects compared to monsters like Apocalypse or the Phoenix. When you're dealing with beings who have that much raw power it really feels like a mortal vs god story. By comparison none of the heroes or monsters of the MCU have the same epic feel to them.
>>
>>83791238
Congrats on turning "epic" into a buzzsword meaning "kill a bunch of extras"
>>
File: what.png (10 KB, 207x213) Image search: [Google]
what.png
10 KB, 207x213
I refuse to believe anybody could have seriously liked this movie after how shitty they treated the Horsemen and the younger X-Kids. Like come on son
>>
>>83791238
All that does is make me wonder why the world shouldn't hate all mutants though. They're a fucking menace. Not to mention Magneto getting a slap on the wrist afterwards
>>
>>83791394
How do you want to apprehend Magneto?
>>
>>83789771
>God, I wish The MCU had balls to the wall villains and ideological conflict of the X-Men.
>Apocalypse is what an ideal MCU villain should have been.
I can't tell if this is a joke. What ideological conflict did Apocalypse, the most cookie cutter, boring megalomaniacal villain, have?
>>
>>83791455
That you are a millenial and should be killed
>>
File: tumblr_m54kf1EG9J1rxyld0o1_1280.png (832 KB, 519x799) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m54kf1EG9J1rxyld0o1_1280.png
832 KB, 519x799
>>83789771
>Civil War was a mistake. Cap and Stark are not Xavier and Magneto. The whole conflict of Civil War should have been Stark wanting to enact revenge against Bucky while Cap is trying to protect Bucky. You can remove the Sokovia Accords and nothing would change.

That'd turn what was a really powerful moment and a kick ass personal final battle into... I dunno, something not as good? Having Stark nurse a murder boner for 90 minutes when he's already dealt with people who have been mind controlled before just makes him look like a shitheel. Also, why would anyone want to help him with a personal vendetta, other than maybe Rhodey?

Not to mention
>Bucky, Tony is trying to kill you. The safest place for you to be right now is maximum security prison.
>Okay.

I know people want shorter superhero movies, but ten minutes wouldn't be very entertaining
>>
>>83790534
Rogue Savage land no powers no thanks.
>>
Yup, even batman v superman was better than Civil War.

Hell, every cape this year will be better than Civil War, only good thing to come out of tha flopping movie was Olsen.
>>
>>83790194
BTFO
>>
File: 1464043982360.jpg (130 KB, 490x487) Image search: [Google]
1464043982360.jpg
130 KB, 490x487
>>83789995
Hello Evans poster
>>
>>83790922
Wasn't Polaris. Polaris is QS' little sister. The new girl is the one that got killed before puberty and never manifested and powers in the Comics.
>>
File: nghts5.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nghts5.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>83790949
X-men 92 Rogue is hot hot hot.
>>
>>83789771
>Muh nukes
Fuck off, thats the most boring overused shit ever.
>>
>>83790194
Nigga two hours and a half is way too long for what are essentially popcorn flicks. I remember when blockbusters managed to shit out something decent in 100 minutes.
>>
>>83790865
He also smoked her when she went full retard.
>>
>>83790429
>Sabretooth was terrible
Dude he was the one saving grace of that movie. At first glance I thought him too clean cut. But liev was perfect. Just this absolute prick asshole with an inbferiority complex.
>>
>>83790478
Mystique was always a shallow shit version in all these movies. She was never really the morally ambiguous manipulative mystique of the comics.
>>
>>83790155
You call it '90s as shit', compare it to Mortal Kombat Annihilation, and somehow we're supposed to take this as a bad thing? Sure, it made for a weird, jarring scene juxtaposed with Magneto grieving over his dead family and taking a dark step into mass murder, but their entrance/ look was fun as fuck.
>>
File: kino.jpg (68 KB, 416x540) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
68 KB, 416x540
>>83789771
I agree that it was better than Civil War.
Solely because it was more hype/colorful/FUN.
Nothing deeper than that. Civil War's still very good.
>>
>>83790134
What is this meme about 1.jpg?
I do that all the time, just because it's convenient. And end up getting >'d at for it.
>>
File: beautifulanme.jpg (23 KB, 427x366) Image search: [Google]
beautifulanme.jpg
23 KB, 427x366
>>83790234
Glorious, wasn't it.
>>
>>83790863
I hope so.
Given the post-credit stinger probably not though.
>>
>>83790960
Is this that comic about landsharks?
>>
>>83790975
Yup. Sounds like a capeshit comic.
>>
>>83791385
I never read an iconic Apocalypse story or a younger X-kids story and fucking loved it.
>>
File: Ronan-the-Accuser-sexy-picture.jpg (273 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
Ronan-the-Accuser-sexy-picture.jpg
273 KB, 640x300
>>83789771
>>83791455
I really liked the movie but might I just:
>Apocalypse is what an ideal MCU villain should have been.
You already had him.
>>
>>83793385
And they wasted him.
>>
>>83793385
>Ronan
Generic as fuck. As forgettable as elf Doctor Who.
>>
>>83790217
The fluff isn't fluff in the extended cut. But they cut everything that made it mean something.
>>
>>83793002
Then consider it a mercy that Apocalypse got rid of them all so they can never be used as a plot-point again.

How's that Hydra organization coming along in the MCU, chaps, still always around despite always being destroyed somehow?
>>
>>83793385

I like the part where he was literally defeated by the power of dance, in the most stupid, contrived way possible.

Fuck the rest of you guys, Apocalypse getting fucking destroyed by Pheonix was awesome.
>>
>>83793823
I'm the guy you're replying to and agree desu.
Just saying they both hit the same "Shakespearean hamminess" notes.
>>
The film detoured for a Wolverine cameo that added nothing
>>
>>83789771
Sure anon. Apocalypse didn't even launch any nukes, he just decided to send them off to the space, not only that but Magneto gets a free jail card after destroying egypt and almost all the world.
>>
>>83793823
He got distracted and killed by a infinite stone. If you want to bash a movie make sure you don't ignore details for the sake of your opinion
>>
Both are shite.
[/thread]
>>
File: JuGNXGW.jpg (590 KB, 2560x1961) Image search: [Google]
JuGNXGW.jpg
590 KB, 2560x1961
>>83794295
It added AWESOME.
>>
>>83789771
Apocalypse is one of the most ok films I've ever seen. Solid 5/10
>>
Apocalypse was better than DoFP.
>>
>>83794497
you can't /thread your own posts, idiot
fucking summer
>>
>>83794487
shitty defeat is shitty defeat
>>
>>83793770
Pretty good, considering it's a non-entity in Civil War and their only modern appearance in the movie is a Colonel hiding out in some shitty house (who gets killed by Zemo anyways)

They’re heavily implied to be dying/dead now.

So yeah, watch the movie before you speak, dumbass.
>>
I really like the scene where they waste a lot of time having Striker come in and kidnap a bunch of people a split second after something happens, then they get rescued after having a pointless cameo that retcons (yet another) scene from the previous movie.

The only good thing about the x-men movies are where they tease that the next movie will be a real X-men movie and they never deliver. ever.
>>
File: 1465705692697.jpg (291 KB, 402x872) Image search: [Google]
1465705692697.jpg
291 KB, 402x872
>>83793341
yes
>>
>>83789771
>The whole conflict of Civil War should have been Stark wanting to enact revenge against Bucky while Cap is trying to protect Bucky. You can remove the Sokovia Accords and nothing would change.
Yup.
Why didn't anyone care that Magneto tried to magnet the whole world to death? Apoc doesn't have mind control, Mags was just magneting millions of people to death of his own free will.
>>
>>83796716
LEL, you basically burned yourself, idiot
>>
>>83796723
They only did that in X-Men apocalypse.
The previous movies had a cliffhanger, or marvel-inspired cameo / to be continued type of thing. This movie actually does a promise at the end with X-Men in their costumes.
>>
>>83797740
Because Magneto defeated Apocalypse and this is the version that ended in the news.

Also, Apocalypse did have some minor control, after all, he augmented Xavier's brain powers.
>>
File: 1463496951771.png (510 KB, 654x658) Image search: [Google]
1463496951771.png
510 KB, 654x658
>>83789771
>>
>>83794609
>It added AWESOME.

Found the Redditor.
>>
>>83793823
>Apocalypse getting fucking destroyed by Pheonix was awesome.

Yeah, Jean pulling a Phoenix force out of her ass for no reason and having to endure Sansa's cringeworthy ''IM ACTING'' facial contortions while Apocalypse just started disintegrated was epic as f*ck.

Whatever, who cares about this franchise.
>>
No memeing, how many people do you think Magneto killed during the end?
It can't have been too many, not 1 Billion. he didn't even finish the Brooklyn bridge off.
I'm saying 500,000 max dead
>>
>>83797846
>Hydra always keeps coming around despite each movie saying that it died for good
>No, the latest movie didn’t include them aside from a throwaway scene to confirm they're dead
>LOL I WAS RIGHT LOL
????
>>
>>83798581
Probably millions seeing as how literally the entire planet was affected.
>>
>>83790077
>It was terrible and most casuals had no clue what it was.

If they're that casual, they probably don't stick around for the stinger (even after sixteen years of them, since they started with X1).
>>
>>83790118

In another two decades, McAvoy would be roughly the same age as Stewart was when he did X1. Of course, he won't be two decades older by the time they film the next movie, but then again, Stewart was eight years younger than the character he was playing himself.
>>
>>83789771
Honestly, the plot was terrible, it tried to up the stakes but by the end, it felt like nothing changed. Apocalypse got his horsemen, then there was a fight at the end and that was it. I was very disappointed because I liked First Class and DoFP.
>>
I dont think its better but it was certainly more fun.

I had more fun with X-men. But CW is slightly a better movie.
>>
>>83789771
Apocalypse did nothing the whole movie. He was boring. He was poorly created for this movie.

No.
>>
>>83789771
Gotta hand it to you op, that's some well thought out bait
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.