[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joker Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: joker_primary.jpg (28 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
joker_primary.jpg
28 KB, 620x349
What's the best Joker incarnation and why is it Endgame New 52 Joker?
>>
I love Scott Snyder's Joker, but I don't know if I'd call it the BEST portrayal.
>>
ITT: Edgelords with no taste
>>
>>83788987
that's not frank miller's joker from the dark knight returns.
>>
>>83789681
Triggered edgelord spotted.
>>
TFW you're probably one of the only people on this site that likes Death of the Family Joker
>>
>>83789681
>confirming you're gay, an edgelord, and have shit taste in comics in one post
>>
File: jj.jpg (33 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
33 KB, 500x289
>>83788987
>>
File: Joker trumps deuce.jpg (134 KB, 519x800) Image search: [Google]
Joker trumps deuce.jpg
134 KB, 519x800
White Duke of Death
>>
File: 1465715586096.png (190 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465715586096.png
190 KB, 640x480
>>83789803
>liking Texas Chainsaw Joker
>calling other people contrarians
>>
>>83789803
I'll bet you think Suicide Squad looks great.
>>
>>83788987
>actually scary
>still make jokes
>finally Joker feels like an actual treat because of his actions and not because he is the most iconic Batman villain

b-but is not Morrison so it's shit!
>>
>>83790642
>>critically acclaimed story everyone loves
Nigga, /co/'s been shitting on Snyder's Joker since day one
>>
>>83790683
Why are Snyder fans so quick to attack Morrison when someone tells them Snyder's Joker was shit?
>>
>>83790701
Because Morrison fans are the one that complain always about Snyder. There's literally another thread about Snyder up where they were complaining about HE RIPPED OFF MORRISON!!!
>>
>>83790701
>>83790723
I hate the Batman runs of Morrison and Snyder. Or in other words, LSD Batman stories and heroin Batman stories.
>>
>>83789684

Miller Joker is best Joker.

Good taste my man.
>>
>>83790723
You don't have to be a Morrison fan to point out the similarities in CoO and Black Glove/R.I.P.
>>
>>83788987

I actually quite enjoyed Snyder's Joker.

But Miller's Joker is still the best Joker.
>>
Brubaker and Dini
>>
that pretending to cut everyone's faces off thing wasn't really a joke
more of a prank
he should be called The Pranker
>>
File: 1457118926320.jpg (72 KB, 480x644) Image search: [Google]
1457118926320.jpg
72 KB, 480x644
>>83788987
I've liked most version of Joker,but I really liked Dark Knight Returns Joker,Hamill Joker and Martha Joker.I guess my favorite is Dark Knight Returns Joker,he was just so creepy and disturbing,that scene on the talk show was awesome.
>>
File: icon8.png (817 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
icon8.png
817 KB, 660x660
>>83790785
you too, anon. miller's joker was my first and he'll always be my favorite.
>>
>>83790686
yea exactly, did you read my post? /co/ is the only group of faggots who don't like it. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of these casuals who go oh Jokester is muh favourite cuz of teh Dark Knight and shit like that but I also don't get why /co/ MUST hate something just because it's popular
>>
>>83791027
> /co/ MUST hate something just because it's popular
Or maybe it's shit and the majority likes shit
>>
File: image.jpg (524 KB, 985x1257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
524 KB, 985x1257
>>83789842
Co-signed
>>
>>83791073
the majority liking something is exactly what makes it good you retard. Nothing is inherently good, good is simply made up of a percentage of the people that enjoy it, meaning if the majority likes something, then yes, for one reason or another it IS good.
>>
>>83791094
>the majority liking something is exactly what makes it good you retard.
>Big Bang theory
>Good
>Steven Universe
>Good
>Justin Bieber
>Good
This is what you're saying anon
>>
>>83791118
yep. and although it pains me to say it, the fact that those pieces of shit are so popular gives it inherent value to a grand audience. far more than anything you or I could make or any argument we could come up with. I hate that shit as much as you anon but I can admit that in the grand scheme while its bad to me it's technically "better" on an objective scale compared to something less popular.
>>
>>83791137
>yep. and although it pains me to say it, the fact that those pieces of shit are so popular gives it inherent value to a grand audience
But anon, how can it be shit if it's popular
>>
>>83791084
For all the joker posters that get shilled by DC,i am pissed that i've never seen any for the artwork in that book.
>>
>>83791153
exactly my point. I personally think it is. you personally may think it is. but... well you know those things where it's like "9 out of 10 X recommend Y"? so imagine that 1 guy who doesn't as /co/, the 9 as the general public, and Y as Snyder Joker. In those terms Y is good, the 9 are right and that last 1 guy is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>83791176
Anon, how sad and pathetic do you have to be, to need public approval of your opinion? This is literally jumping off a bridge because all your friends are doing it.
>>
>>83791218
>everyone who doesn't like the garbage I like is a hipster

OK lad.
>>
>>83788987
Is he even human anymore?
>>
>>83791231
great argument.
>>
>>83791218
>Objectively those things are good because of the value that is placed on it.
What's the value in Justin Bieber?
>Again if you wanna be a huge hipster and hate all of batman and snyder and anything popular like the rest of /co/ that's fine, it's your perogative to do so.
Anon, where did I say I hate Batman
>>
>>83789826
/thread
>>
>>83791258
Sorry, most of /co/ seems to hate him so, and as I said the value in that faggot Bieber is exactly what people put into him. So all these preteens, pedos, etc. that love the guy give him value. I mean he's on what? the top 5 list of music in the world right now? and you're gonna tell me he's objectively shit? I personally dislike him, but the point still stands that I am completely outnumbered there
>>
>>83791316
>So all these preteens, pedos, etc. that love the guy give him value. I mean he's on what?
So you value the opinion of pedos?
>and you're gonna tell me he's objectively shit?
Yes anon, if a preteen girl likes someone's music because she finds the singer attractive, that doesn't say anything about the singer's performance. If a pedo like Bieber because he thinks hes cute, that doesn't make him a good singer.
>>
>>83791341
don't be a smartass you know what I'm saying. And fine that's a good point, but considering there are many adults and older people, people of all ages that buy his music, go to his concerts, etc. preteens dont JUST find him attractive, they do enjoy his music. And since he's gotten older and begun making more "adult" content, his stock rises even more as more mature people find they enjoy it, and that will not be just because they find him attractive,
>>
>>83791073
I don't really like snyders joker, but /co/ is a bunch of elitist contrarian cunts who sometimes hate things because they're popular.
>>
>>83791377
>but considering there are many adults and older people
Which are pedophiles and parents anon. We've already established why the pedos are there, parents are just there to babysit.
> And since he's gotten older and begun making more "adult" content, his stock rises even more as more mature people find they enjoy it, and that will not be just because they find him attractive,
Anon, it's not mature people getting into his fanbase, it's the same fanbase he's had the entire time, they've grown with him.
>>
>>83791404
that's not true anon, I know several people, including grown ass adults who hated him before and enjoy him quite a bit now. Before it was with a younger crowd, and as of now the stock has risen.
>>
>>83791427
Okay anon, answer this then. Why do you like Snyder's Batman?
>>
>>83791434
It's a more personal and human Batman run
>>
>>83791449
What's human about Snyder's Batman?
>>
>>83791463
He is fallible, makes constant errors, expresses a variety of human emotions from happiness to anger to sadness, it explores what means being Batman to Bruce and for the city, explores his limits etc.
>>
>>83791434
Cause I like his writing style, I think the ideas are (relatively) interesting and well written. The scenes are dark and work well with the type of Batman he is portraying and choreography is well done. I'll also toss in that I love Capullo and he is a big part of what makes the comic work as well. Don't get me wrong I have my gripes with the series but overall he's had a very good run.

As for Joker specifically >>83790683
made some good points as to why I like it, but I was also just a fan of the way the two stories kind of revamped the Joker, I mean the face chopping was silly, sure but we're reading about a crazy clown man who fights a grown billionaire with mental problems who dresses like a bat and beats the fuck out of people, so I liked the silly, because the way it was done I felt worked well with the more dark imagery and subject matter, a good example of this is in DOTF where Batman enters arkham and sees the guards dressed as him and joker, then the tapestry, and the chainsaw in the stone, and later still with the fake out of the bat-senpai's faces being chopped off.

with that said, can you tell me why you don't like it? because I'm curious now too, and I've enjoyed our discussion
>>
>>83791486
>He is fallible, makes constant errors, expresses a variety of human emotions from happiness to anger to sadness
This is true, but most of the time it comes from Snyder writing Batman like an idiot.

> it explores what means being Batman to Bruce and for the city, explores his limits etc.
We've seen this story done numerous times though
>>
>>83791497
>with that said, can you tell me why you don't like it? because I'm curious now too, and I've enjoyed our discussion
I don't like the way he writes Bruce like a moron, or his constant need to shock the audience with twist that lead no where, every story is an epic that leads to Gotham being destroyed. Then there's some nitpicky stuff like Zero Year being way too big a story for Riddler's debut.
>>
>>83791516
I wouldn't say like an idiot, I would say just far more emotional than most writers allow him to be. this Batman feels rage, sorrow, fear yet he still doesn't give up. It allows Batman to be the ubermensch hero as well as the underdog. great example is his fight with the Talon in the court's maze. he's drugged, beaten, battered, mad, stabbed, yet he pushes himself, defeats the talon, and escapes.
>>
>>83791554
again like I said here>>83791558
I wouldn't say he writes Bruce like a moron, but I can understand your other gripes. most of the stories are huge epics, and yea Zero year while being a tad long, I do argue he was trying to put Riddler up a level, I think it did what it needed to, I more blame the fact no one will ever write Riddler to be a threat like that ever again.
>>
>>83791554
But Bruce is a moron.

Remember in knightfall when he was I'll as fuck but refused help from nightwing and robin because reasons?

Bruce is often portrayed as a stubborn cunt to the point of idiocy

It's one of his major character flaws
>>
>>83791976
>>Remember in knightfall when he was I'll as fuck but refused help from nightwing and robin because reasons?

Because he didn't want to put them in danger after what happened to Jason, really not that hard to understand.
>>
>>83792008
Then why let them play dress up in the first place? Why take on another Robin?
>>
>>83791516
>We've seen this story done numerous times though
Not the same anon but that's a common, though not universal theme in Batman.

Also of the O'Neil/Adams Batman wasn't about what being Batman means to Bruce and how that effects Gotham. That doesn't mean the O'Neil/Adams stuff is bad they just aren't telling those types of Batman stories and I think the previous anon was saying he likes those types of stories.

The main thing I enjoy about the Capullo/Snyder run is Capullo's art. But if Snyder's writing was terrible I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Could Capullo have been put with a better Batman writer? It's hard to say. My understanding is that the two work quite closely on story beats so if the price I have to pay for Capullo's art is Snyder I'm perfectly willing to pay that price because Capullo was born to draw Batman.

Also, some of my favorite parts of Snyder and Capullo's run were actually the one offs. I know a lot of those were written and drawn by others (though Snyder still conceived the story).
>>
>>83792019

He shouldn't have.

Tim Drake is one of the worst characters in the Batverse, I'm tempted to say THE worst character but there is undoubtedly a worse character out there. And at least killing Tim Drake's father was kind of fun in Identity Crisis.
>>
>>83792019
Because Tim forced himself on Batman

Or you want the editorial reason?

Also only because he took one doesn't mean he was ready to tackle all the kind of problems Batman was facing, he was still in training.
And Nightwing was in his "fuck you Bruce" period at the time.
>>
>>83788987
Brave and bold Joker is the best

https://youtu.be/F4zlC8jAISk
>>
>hey cut my face off
>why, what are you going to do without face, get a new one and hide in plain sight?
>i'll do that at one point but i don't even need another face for that, just make up and a bit of acting
>so, uh, what?
>i'll just steal back my own face and wear it
>...so why remove it to begin with?
>reasons
>>
>>83792741
The face removal wasn't Snyder's idea.
>>
File: Better Jokers.png (3 MB, 2606x806) Image search: [Google]
Better Jokers.png
3 MB, 2606x806
>>83788987
Get the fuck outta here.
>>
all star batman and robins best joker
>>
>>83792652
Are you a sociopath?
>>
This thread is another proof that the word "contrarian" needs to be a bannable offense.
>>
>>83790683
>capeshit anything
>actually scary
It pains me to say, but you're a faggot with low standards
>>
>>83789803
you just proved >>83789630 right
>>
>>83794059
I like your taste.
>>
>>83795685
Actually scary in the fucking universe he belongs to you fucking retard.
Instantly trying to feel superior to other people, fucking faggot.
>>
>>83795590
>one idiot doesn't know what the word means therefore no one should ever be able to use it
>>
>>83794059
>miller's joker
impeccable taste.
>>
>>83797281
youre still a faggot for finding him scary
>>
>>83792759
Yeah, but he had full control after that one Daniel issue. Could've done whatever he wanted. But he stuck with it and edgelorded it up.
>>
The best Joker incarnation is usually the one you grew up with or the one you first watched/read about.
>>
I have my issues with the games, but this fucker has to be up there.
>>
>>83799507
Isn't he just BTAS Joker gamified?
>>
>>83799507
Yep!
>>
Best Joker
Any I like

Worst Joker
Any you like
>>
Silver age Joker, probably because that run and Knightfall were my first ever Batman stories as a kid( I know big contrast), and Joker showed up in the sixties more.

They both have the permanent smilex which I like.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.