[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Moore at his worst? > basic plot with phoned twists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-League.jpg (49 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
250px-League.jpg
49 KB, 250x375
Is this Moore at his worst?
> basic plot with phoned twists and deux ex machinas
> two dimensional characters
> just a bunch of 19th century references
> weird tonal changes with gratuitous shock value.

And ive read just the 2 first volumes.
What I'm missing anon
>>
>>83788492
>Is this Moore at his worst?

No, Century is
>>
>>83788492
>What I'm missing anon

Good taste
>>
>>83788492
I enjoyed it,maybe you just couldn't get in to it.
>>
>>83788606
Don't get me wrong it isn't atrocious but I simply don't se the appeal beyond the steampunk world and 19th century literature references. I'd add that I find the art ugly as hell.
>>
File: 1410021967113.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1410021967113.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>83788583
>>
>>83788492
Moore at his worst is probably his DC stuff that's not Watchmen and Swamp Thing, and anything before Warrior era. League is fucking great. People I talk to who like it are people who have read the original works it was based on, people who don't like it haven't read the stuff it references.
>>
>>83788758
>I find the art ugly as hell.
There is no hope for you here. Kevin O'Neill is a fantastic artist
>>
>>83788758
>I'd add that I find the art ugly as hell.
See >>83788583
>>
>>83789450
Nice argumentation there mate. Please children, either discuss like grown ups or don't post at all.
>>
>>83788492
He's selfish, impatient and a little insecure. He makes mistakes, he's out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle Moore at his worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve him at his best.
>>
>>83788526
Hey, I jerked off to the Black Dossier.
>>
>>83790515
Black Dossier isn't Century, though. Unless they collected it with them?
>>
>>83790844
I was referring to them being in the same century.
>>
>>83788526
>not appreciating Harry Potter pissing lightning and blowing up Allan Quartermain.
>>
Neonomicon
>>
>>83790910
I jerked off to that too!
>>
The whole thing feels like Moore dropped to much acid.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.