[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's not really superman? I'm hearing this a lot but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 677x1028) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 677x1028
He's not really superman? I'm hearing this a lot but trying to get back into DC Comics, what's this about him not being real?[\spoiler]
>>
>>83788271
in comic story or real world story?
>>
>>83788271
We don't know yet, it hasn't been fully explained.
>>
>>83788271
Nothing's confirmed yet, but the popular fan theory is that pre-Flashpoint Superman is the New 52 Universe's true Superman. Which would make sense, since Rebirth confirmed that the New 52 Universe is just a retooled version of the post-CoIE/pre-Flashpoint DC Universe.

So yeah, basically pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois were displaced while the universe was remade thanks to the events of Convergence, so Dr Manhattan replaced them with someone else. Either a Superman and Lois of his own creation, or ones he plucked from some other universe. Time will tell.
>>
>>83788271

It's /co/ speculation at the moment that because Post Crisis Superman was plucked from the timeline before Flashpoint that Manhattan didn't have a Superman to fuck around with so he took somebody else and made them "Superman". Bets are on either Conner or Kal-L

Like I said though, this is just a theory
>>
>>83788342
>New Superman is darker

>Dr. Manhattan is from a darker universe originally.

Yeah, this makes sense.
>>
>>83788342

I don't think people are asking the right questions about this. Clearly whatever Manhattan is doing isn't going to be "evil". If it were why would you bring back a Superman at all?
>>
>>83788388

New Superman wasn't really that dark
>>
>>83788271

I think this is the only New 52 variant that look better than the original
>>
>>83788411
In comparison I meant.
>>
>>83788388

He was cocky in the beginning of JL but he's been a bro with a heart of gold.

Rip superbro, may you find your beard in the afterlife.
>>
>>83788885
He's still alive (We think) because of Superman Rebirth. Unless that's another Superman (?)
>>
>>83788271
see
>>83787216

Now we only need pictures and graphics to go along with it.
>>
OP here, thanks, didn't catch that in Rebirth.
>>
>Pre-Flashpoint Superman is pulled from timeline during Convergence
>Timeline is messed up by Dr. Manhattan
>Still the same universe but timeline and history is messed up
>Pre-Flashpoint Superman is missing
>New 52 Superman is brought in to fill the void
>>
>>83788342
>Mr Oz

fuck off Adrian
>>
>>83788398
Johns said that Manhattan isn't the villain. He's the antagonist. Two different things.
>>
>>83789050
That's muh sunshine and rainbows inspiring Superman, not New 52 edgelord.
>>
>>83788271
He's the New 52 Superman,
New 52 is the current DC universe, which came to be after the events of Flashpoint
Most people (including myself) prefer classic Superman to New 52 Superman, and after the events of Convergence, the classic Superman was placed into the New 52.
New 52 Superman got turned into a pile of ash, and now Classic Superman is the only Superman.
>>
>>83788342

>that explanation

what the fuck? this sounds really weird.... I thought getting into N52 might be worth my while but considering this.... I'll just stay away then
>>
>>83791414
Just wait for the reboot anon. There's always one just around the corner.
>>
OP again, I'm lost as hell, there are so many different sounding things that can be correct. I guess we'll have to wait til Adrian tells us.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.