[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Belle & Tina are Time Travelers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 41
File: maxresdefault.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
https://youtu.be/C2jejuTXnco

Your thought on the pilot /co/?

It's about 2 geeky girls that work on a DVD store and they can Time Travel n shit
>>
It looks cute but I can instantly tell the entire thread is going to be shitposting about Calarta and/or tumblr, because the art direction is really uninspired.

Overall not bad, though.
>>
>>83778662
What's a DVD store?
Are they from the past?
>>
File: 1459369623469.jpg (17 KB, 242x283) Image search: [Google]
1459369623469.jpg
17 KB, 242x283
>>83778662
>another sjw cartoon
>>
I like fast-paced comedies, but this was kinda meh.
>>
>>83778768
A video rental shop/store is a physical business that rents home videos such as movies and prerecorded TV shows. Typically, a rental shop conducts business with customers under conditions and terms agreed upon in a rental agreement or contract, which may be implied, explicit, or written. Many video rental stores also sell previously-viewed movies and/or new, unopened movies. In the 1980s, video rental stores rented VHS and Beta tape copies of movies, although most stores dropped Beta tapes when VHS won the format war. In the 2000s, video rental stores began renting DVDs, which eventually displaced VHS. In the 2010s, video rental stores added high-definition Blu-ray disks to their offerings. Video rentals are also offered in other business such as drugstores or convenience stores.

The widespread availability of video on demand on cable TV systems and VHS-by-mail services offered consumers a way of watching movies without having to leave their home. With the advent of the World Wide Web, Internet services such as Netflix have become increasingly popular since the mid 2000s. All of these new ways of watching movies have greatly reduced the demand for video rental shops.
>>
File: fb9.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fb9.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>83778714
That's why I posted this
>>
>>83778662
cute! i like this style. it's a bit like george shrinks. you get the simplified faces, but you still get full five-fingered hands, and limbs with elbows and knees in them. good stuff.
how's the writing?
oh fuckit i shoudl watch it myself
>>
>>83778768
It actually starts out with them pointing out to a customer that they have no business buying a dvd
it also starts out with a sign saying 'the establishing shot'
this is a clever show. i just wish it didnt have that sorta PBS wiggly flash look to it
>>
File: 1459735593698.jpg (29 KB, 702x558) Image search: [Google]
1459735593698.jpg
29 KB, 702x558
>>83778662
>those sound effects
>>
>>83778662
>I'm just gonna stick this inside me
..... was that a tampon?
>she's on the toilet, singing
holy shit that was a tampon
this is the best show ever
peppermint patty girl is so peppermint patty. she's dumb as shit. and she was naked once.
>>
i'm only interested if they are lesbians or at least there's zero male characters
>>
The artstyle reminds me less of 'le calarts mene :DD' and more of like, children's books.
>>
>>83779457
Lesbianfags should kill themselves.
>>
>>83778662
>The Establishing Shot
First and only decent gag, everything else is trash.
>>
I didn't like the style, but only because it was such an odd fit with the comedy.

I think with better writing this could be a really fun concept. And less yelling.
>>
File: 1461987185647.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1461987185647.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>>83778662
>a show about "geeky" dykes talking about doctor who
Fuck this trash.
>>
>>83779584
explain how that isnt preferable to every other character we've ever gotten
i wanna be friends with girls like these. i used to be. but they all became insufferable SJWs and stopped liking any entertainment media
>>
>>83779438
Well, according to Mockingbird, not talking about tampons is the root of all that is wrong in the world, so I guess that makes this the best show ever made.
>>
File: thecritic.jpg (20 KB, 314x257) Image search: [Google]
thecritic.jpg
20 KB, 314x257
>>83778662
I'm getting tired of shows nowadays throwing references and easter eggs left and right in the most lazy and blatant ways possible, and for the sole purpose of demonstrating to viewers, "look at my influences gaiz i luv these shows will u watch my show nao teehee."

Not saying shows back then didn't do the same, but at least they tried to hide their references a little better and felt more like a genuine inside joke between the creators instead of a shoehorned mess.
>>
File: Bill-and-Ted.jpg (28 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
Bill-and-Ted.jpg
28 KB, 500x274
>>83778662
>Belle and Tina
Looks like and excellent adventure.
>>
Would much rather watch a show about Steve
>>
>>83779546
shut the fuck up,lesbian love is the most pure and best thing in the world

plus there's no way 2 girls hang out that much and aren't fucking
>>
>>83779614
This show would be way funnier if they used parodies

>Heckboy, Dr Nobody
>>
File: doris and mary anne.png (204 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
doris and mary anne.png
204 KB, 500x324
>>83778662
So this will be our Doris and Mary Anne break out of prison for this year.
>>
File: wtf guy thinks wtf.png (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
wtf guy thinks wtf.png
3 KB, 300x168
>>83778662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEmxby8g8A
>>
>>83779608
i certainly agree

i mean, not tampons, no. those are terrible. but menstruation in general should be talked about. maybe if we talked about it more we could actually... yknow, get that across. hey you dont have to wad up fucking cotton in your sniz, you can use this sensible gum-rubber cup. it just sits in there and collects it and you can pour it out later.
>>
It's not awful just, incredibly bland. There isn't much they can do with this.
>>
>>83779614
It's simple taboo-rebellion. lawyerfags keep forbidding, just makes us wanna do it more
>>83779651
oh fuuuuck i just got that
>>83779730
the thing is, those eventually get really stupid when you say them over and over. there's a way to be clever with it but it runs long when you overdo it.
>>
>>83779827
jesus christ we don't talk about periods for the same reason we don't talk about dickcheese
>>
>>83779786
i never noticed before, charlie brown has a bigger nose than all the others. it isnt just pure sameface
>>
>>83779892
Damn you're right!
>>
>>83779889
if you could eliminate your period by just washing properly, i'd be right there with you anon
>>
>>83778662
Who is this pilot for.

Like what network could they pitch it to.

It's not edgy enough for fox, not weird enough for AS, and too adult and too referential for Nick or CN.
>>
>>83779932
indeed. it's just a web show. so why call it a pilot?
just make a web show. why not? i'd watch it.
>>
>>83779602
Most of the characters from the successful shows we have gotten were not made to pander to a certain subculture on the internet to try to make the show more popular. Also, why would the writers of this show want to joke about a woman's period? That is disgusting.
>>
>>83779973
shows aren't made to pander to subcultures, subcultures appear to worship the shows
>>
>>83779892
So, anyway, this Belle and Sebastian Pilot reminded me of Robin Hood. Or Charlie Brown. Whichever.
>>
>>83779973
I.. I don't understand.
How have you never been on the other side of that kind of "Why would you talk about X, X is forbidden" statement? How have you not spent MOST of your life on the other side of that, if you're into entertainment media of any kind? How can you repeat it with a straight face?
>>
>>83778662
Not as good as Johnny Test. Still not unwatchably bad though.
>>
File: honey boo-boo infinite.gif (963 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
honey boo-boo infinite.gif
963 KB, 500x281
>>83780054
Why would you talk about "Why would you talk about X, X is forbidden" statements? it's forbidden.
>>
>>83779549
Did you notice the rest of the "plot lingo" posters?
>>
>>83780019
But this show appeared to appeal to another subculture of another show. It's literally saying "Hey! We watch this show! You should also watch us, too!" . It is trying to gain popularity by leeching off of another show's fanbase.
>>
>>83778662
Menstrual humor is not funny

Other then that it's decent so far
>>
>>83780187
i did not! not that guy
>>83780198
i'm sorry you see it that way. i see it as authentically 'we ARE this subculture, and we're tired of having to act like we're not just to write characters on a tv show. we're just going to write US instead'
>>
File: 1460818107418.jpg (22 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1460818107418.jpg
22 KB, 576x432
>>83778662
Make the dialogue kid friendly, ramp up the education, and it could be a cute PBS show.
>>
>>83778662
It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.
>>
File: tabletop_roleplaying.png (29 KB, 400x454) Image search: [Google]
tabletop_roleplaying.png
29 KB, 400x454
>>83779889
Well, dickcheese can be prevented. Easily.

>>83779932
You can go a ways from a pilot to a finished show.
But this doesn't seem promising for a series, really.
It's Half In The Bag levels of no story to tell, but without the ability to make in-depth criticism.

Also it is just a big pile of references to other stuff and two girls being gross at each other.
This certainly needs a plot something fierce.

>>83780054
Because he sees no reason to talk about things that don't require discussion?
We don't talk about colostomies and amputations much outside of people whom it concerns. And like all bodily functions people rarely seek to inform everyone in detail about them. Also tampons are so self-explanatory, any discussion ends within seconds, unless you make it an instruction.

>>83780107
pic related.
>>
>>83780298
there's a pretty huge gap between 'sees no reason to talk about' and 'has a problem with someone else talking about' something totally practical and everyday and commonplace. which doesn't really apply to rare conditions like major limb or organ removal.
>>
>>83780225
But that's the only joke women can do! Are you a misogynist?
:^)
>>
>>83780225
Ok the what's with you and periods bit was pretty funny I could maybe see it as a running gag but they really should have opened with the exposition.

I can obvisuly forgive the other pacing issues with this being a pilot.

I like that her fanboy nature is portrayed as appropriately pathetic
>>
>>83779357
It's like 3 minuites
>>
>>83780054
I wasn't just saying that it is disgusting just because it was forbidden to talk about it, I also meant that it is gross because it is just another way of saying "Lol! Muh vaginas bleeding!" and that it is not creative at all.
>>
>>83780384
and i'm saying
i guarantee you have been forbidden to talk about something that you know is okay to talk about, because some other fucktard told you it's taboo, so how did that not teach you taboos are wrong? do you hate yourself? or do you think the rules apply to everyone but not you
>>
>>83779730
Yeah
>>83779862
>the thing is, those eventually get really stupid when you say them over and over. there's a way to be clever with it but it runs long when you overdo it.

I suppose your right though
>>
File: DarkOwlRecords.jpg (122 KB, 555x405) Image search: [Google]
DarkOwlRecords.jpg
122 KB, 555x405
>>83779395
>>83778768

Maybe it's one of those Ironic Media Shops, where visitors and staff talk about DVDs and movies without actually buying or selling them because it would be passe.
>>
>>83779668
That would be pretty cool
>>
>>83780198
I'm pretty sure they were mocking whofags
>>
>>83778662
>2 girls that can time travel

Meh. Best Friends Whenever already did it.
>>
>>83780251
Wasent doctor who meant to be educational how long did that last
>>
>>83778662

Isn't this already a show on Disney?
>>
>>83780584
>Isn't this already a show on Disney?
>Disney
>Even letting the idea of women menstruating being on any of their shows.
>>
>>83780342
No matter how you turn it, spelling out that you are going to use a tampon with the words: "I will put this inside me now" is completely superfluous and a strange thing to say.
It's like "I will wipe my ass with this" while holding up toilet paper.
It's a thing that is done a lot, but does not bear mentioning.
Everyone eats all the time, but people don't discuss their chewing experience.
These things are simply done.
There is no rule against talking about periods, it just has little point and isn't enjoyable.
But let's make a deal. For every detail of period-talk, men get to talk about how they rub one out.
>>
>>83779668

>Belle and Tina travel to Steve's time
>get stuck and can't go home
>they have to travel north to the mysterious and savage Oregonia while evading berserker-hipsters who trigger and microaggression each other into a frenzy, homosexual BDSM sorcerers, mutated numales, and other west coast maniacs.
>>
>>83778662
Eh, it's just boring and such an inoffensive tame idea that I can't even be mad at it. It did come off as rather smug to me though, like the creators thought they were so smart and referential, I don't know, it just feels so "millenial" where there is no real vision or great ideas at play but just quirky people doing quirky things quirkily.

It just seems to scream "fangirl" in a way that is really grating in ways they probably didn't think it would be.
>>
>>83780560
like, three multi-parters. then they were like fuckit this is popular, it doesn't have to pander to educational content quotas.
>>
>>83780717
How visionary can you be with an idea that tried to be hip in the 80s?
>>
Meh.
>>
>>83778662
Doctor Who isn't even good these days
>>
>>83780668
>It's like "I will wipe my ass with this" while holding up toilet paper.
I'm liking it already. gonna put that in my webcomic
>Everyone eats all the time, but people don't discuss their chewing experience.
they do! and i love it when they do. that's the kind of casual-talking-about-shit-you-never-think-about that makes seinfeld (and yknow, Clarence) so great
>For every detail of period-talk, men get to talk about how they rub one out.
hell yes, it's a deal. and vice versa. which means ladies have a lot to catch up on.
>>
>>83780814
when did anyone ever do referential humor in the 80s? there werent enough media-obsesseds at the time to even attempt that
>>83780717
maybe you're lucky. to me it screams 'fangirl' in a way i'm sick of girls being too embarrassed to admit they are, because i would love that. possibly BECAUSE i would love that, and they don't want the positivity, because lifetime has scared them.
>>
>>83780814
Well I just mean that I doubt there was anyone who was working on this with their burning passion and desperately wanted Belle and Tina are Time Travelers to be made and that they would be depriving the world of something if they weren't.

It's just a lame show with a lame idea and doesn't have anything special about it that puts it above "lame" in terms of quality.
>>
>>83780828
>not liking bushybrows
i mean granted the writing is ... well i'm not sure WHAT it is right now, and I don't think it knows either, but the old gray scot is fantastic and clara keeps getting cuter every season. she's come a long way from playing Melia I tell you what. and Missy is a treat
in any case it's a welcome respite from puppy nobrows, who was just wearing thin. even if his departure could not have been worse in its timing because they had just done multiple 'he's gonna die, oh no, just kidding, he's not' stories back to back, and then suddenly 'oh nevermind, he is. and here's a rundown of all the dangling plot points from the last 3 seasons'
>>
>>83780892
I don't know what you are saying, there isn't a shortage of fangirls for just about any popular franchise out there .
>>
>>83780853
>hell yes, it's a deal. and vice versa. which means ladies have a lot to catch up on.
Not mentioning that, discussing how. Like for like.

>seinfeld
You are what is wrong with the world.
You find comfort in your absurdist humor because cannot fathom the Absurd in your everyday life.
>>
>>83780992
point me to the ones that like cool things instead of shitty things
tell them i will marry them
>>
>>83780998
absurdist humor IS finding the absurd in the everyday life. the fuck is wrong with you?
and i have no idea what the first half of that post means. a guy can say he's gonna go jack off, a girl can go say she's having her period. isn't that even?
>>
>>83781033
Why can't a girl say she's gonna jack off though females masturbate to
>>
>>83781012
I said popular things, I haven't met many fangirls who have a deep passion for obscure things that I also like, just "fangirls" who love to say that they love popular things and give no further elaboration on it, which is what this show looks like it's all about.
>>
>>83778768
Netflix in the form of a store
Nowadays it fits in your pocket
T E C H N O L O G Y
>>
>>83778768
Well, they ARE time travelers.

>>83778714
I was expecting kate leth, but this is at least backround material tier.

>>83779457
They're the closest thing to pepperment patty and marcie I've seen in a while.
>>
>>83781072
i am so completely for that, you don't even know
that's why Pam Poovey is such a great character despite looking like a fat blonde peggy hill. with one single word she defines what's missing in other female characters
>sploosh
>>
>>83781110
i saw no indication that they were faking it. why would they, with each other? it makes no sense in the story if brown girl isnt actually into doctor who, or if peppermint patty is only pretending to like it at the end

or are you trying to say the CREATOR sounds like she doesn't actually know about those things? because.. i don't think that's a requirement to write characters who do. although it helps.
>>
File: 1458104098199.jpg (18 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
1458104098199.jpg
18 KB, 500x389
It's bad.
>>
>>83780961
I find myself unable to give much of a shit for the characters because it's just a succession of new actors playing the same roles in slight variations and half the episodes suck or don't even know what the hell they are doing.

>>83781033
Not the absurd. The Absurd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

You already have women declaring that they are ovulating all the time. Mostly when they demand something to alleviate their plight.
I'm sayin gthat if you can announce you use a tampon, I can announce I use a pocket pussy.
If you want to talk about how you deal with your needs, I get to talk about how I deal with mine in equal detail.

>>83781155
That is not controversial, though. It just ups the PG rating.
>>
>>83780455
Cept Vinyl as that is the new hip thing.
>>
>>83781179
No, I'm sure everyone involved with the show likes Doctor Who but it just feels like they like it in that grating "fangirl" way where it's more important to let everyone else know they love it rather than having an autistic passion for the show.

The sort of person who proudly claims to be part of a fandom and probably enjoys the fandom more than the actual content to begin with.
>>
>>83778662
That is the whitest black woman I have ever seen
Look at her face
Do I just live too far south? Anyone around me with a hint of black is 100% Jamaican/Haitian/kreole-speaking
>>
>>83781226
i think you're, like, reading way different shit into what i'm saying, because you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with shit i didn't say.
>>83781285
what about what you saw in the show supports that?
i'm sorry but saying it "just feels like" is tumblr talk, plain and simple. next you'll be saying certain characters "Feel creepy/skeevy and are probably molestors"
>>
>>83781335
Small noses runs in my (black) family. it's possible retard
>>
>>83781335
i'm sure she's meant to be indian/pakistani/bengali or one of the darker varities of middle eastern. she has no negroid features..
and in terms of her skin tone, i guarantee you've seen lighter-skinned black women. are you confused? Literally the only 'black' thing about her is her dark skin, so that can't be the lightest one you've ever seen
>>
File: reeeeee.jpg (102 KB, 831x257) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.jpg
102 KB, 831x257
>>83778662
>pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference pop culture reference
>>
>>83781285
>The sort of person who proudly claims to be part of a fandom and probably enjoys the fandom more than the actual content to begin with.
Oh god as a nor/mlp/erson I know just how insurable those faggots are
>>
>>83781385
It.. kinda isn't though. at all. Did you watch it?
>Reee
oh, guess not.
>>83781391
hey now that's a different story. the fandom is a lot better than the show.. even though both have gotten worse.
>>
>>83781378
It's just a dot with a bump nose and a mouth with no lips. What "negroid" features she could have? No human beings have those features
>>
>>83781339
It was mostly just the light inoffensive pop culture references that don't really make anyone who is familiar with the source material laugh, it's just "hey if you like this thing, we like it too!" references which both bore and annoy me.
>>
>>83781413
>It.. kinda isn't though. at all. Did you watch it?

>Hellboy
>Barbarella
>Dr. Who
>Terminator
>Back to the Future
>12 Monkeys
>>
>>83781424
well, in most cartoons of this nature, a black nose would be drawn kind of like a w, lips would be drawn in, and she would have curly hair.

that said, she has brown hair, which is pretty much impossible to have naturally if you have that much melanin in your skin, so she's already a cartoon-american racewise.
>>
>>83781445
yeah i'd be with you if you were describing what happened, but you aren't. you can't even call them references since they were integral to the plot
>person wants to watch doctor who with another, other is kind of annoyed because of what a longrunner it is
>timetravel occurs, person is wondering which timetravel movie's rules it might use
this isnt even on the level of a family guy manatee gag, which is the definition of 'hey look it's a thing', and shit i laugh at those too most of the time. i'm just not delusional enough to consider them good writing.
>>
>>83781471
>Saying the name of a TV show is a popculture reference no matter how it's used
i cant believe i fell for this bait this hard.
>>
>>83781514
if you say so big guy.
>>
>>83781335
I thought she was supposed be Indian?
>>
>>83781626
looks relatively indian to me. indians are trendy right now.
but considering her blushy cheeks and nose and her hair, i don't think she really resembles any real ethnicities.
>>
>>83781673
Ort maybe she is one of those strange mixes where you'd never guess. Like The Rock.
>>
>>83778662
It was pretty bland in my opinion.
>>
>>83778662
cute, but ultimately inoffensive and predictable
>>
>>83780668
remember that Venture Bros episode where Hank was out of TP and mentioned it being "a total cray-pas situation in there" ?
That shit made me laugh my entire pants. A reference not just to an obscure fecal condition I know too well, but to an art supply I hadn't used since first grade, which described that aforementioned condition PERFECTLY.
>>
It has potential. It's pretty inoffensive but not exactly bland. But I think it has a long way to go before it works as a series.

I also don't think it's as clever as it believes itself to be. But I'm not really the target audience for this kind of self-referential humor anymore.
>>
File: 1465696267097.png (158 KB, 265x546) Image search: [Google]
1465696267097.png
158 KB, 265x546
>>83778800

>cancer posting all summer long
>>
>>83781730
Yeah you really never know. races are neat that way. They form consistent patterns just often enough to throw you the fuck off when they decide not to.
Still pretty sure it's physically impossible to have coding for that much melanin and not have jet-black hair though.
>>
>>83780455
sounds like most retro game stores i go to
but overpriced games no one will buy due to the scene being shit

why an't those shops all crash and burn, i never see anyone buying anything in these stores
>>
>>83781858
it didnt come off as 'thinks it's clever' to me. if anything it was their attempt at 'regular show, but for girls'. like 'yeah girls can be stupid too, hehe' which i find charming
kinda like what new ghostbusters is trying, and failing hard, at being.
>>
>>83781816
I don't even want to understand what you are on about, but toilet humor is proverbially the lowest form of humor.

>>83781858
It's not. And it references shit so old, half the audience wasn't born when it was a thing.

>>83781894
Enough people get really, really dark when exposed to sun.
Also dyes are a thing.
>>
File: 1459460589190.jpg (46 KB, 424x505) Image search: [Google]
1459460589190.jpg
46 KB, 424x505
>>83781887
NOOOO YOU GAVE IT A (YOU)
>>
>>83781973
Having a feminist shit fit over the response doesn't help, either.
>>
>>83782010
i don't think i've seen so much point-missing in one post since that thing in sports where a guy tried to score a point and he missed. he missed that point.
>>
File: inspector_5860.png (117 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
inspector_5860.png
117 KB, 250x354
>>83780450
He's also kinda wrong, but the reason they probably got away with it was by turning it into a knockoff version rather than a parody.
>>
>>83778662
I liked it, and it can be better

Probably
>>
>>83782259
yeah if you're going to do that, you have to be clever about it in some way. which most shows do. Oodles the Talking Poodle comes to mind. It's amazing klasky-csupo were able to intentionally make something look so authentically cruddy-looking.. they did it again later with Blocky and Oxwinkle, but unlike the former that one added nothing original and was just straight up 'it's rocky and bullwinkle but we cant say that'
Duff beer is actually funny beyond being not-Bud. Mapple Mypads aren't.
>>
>dr who shilling
>its eccleston

oh wow, they have taste

is the girl supposed to be black or indian

also the poses are really lazy
>>
>>83782447
I took it as "She's trying to get her friend to watch it with her, so she's starting with 9 because that's the most accessible starting point". i know i always try that.
>lazy poses
that's it. i knew something else about the animation bothered me. oh well i can't really call the kettle indian on that one.
>>
>>83778662
Rule 34 when
Also, is that Nowackings voice?
>>
>>83782672
Wow, my exact same two thoughts.
Seriously, though, Tina porn when?
>>
File: i don't get it.gif (149 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
i don't get it.gif
149 KB, 854x480
Animation sucks, but i guess it's just pilot and not many people put effort in it. And whats up with women making period jokes? Does it really supposed to be that funny? It just gross, like puking for no reason. Just imagine how this thing gonna hit CN couple years later. Maybe if they throw away adult jokes it wouldn't be so shitty.
>>
>>83781233
>>83781927

Just need to make sure not too many people enjoy your favorite record or game, otherwise it's not Cool anymore
>>
>>83783481
>this is the B-est of B-sides
>hope you had to wait in a long line
>we're never gonna play this song live
>this is the B-est of B-sides
>>
>>83781887
It looks like it's the by the same chick that does Lumberjanes so anon isn't wronf
>>
>>83783602
Funny how many people had the number of hipster culture before it ever became mainstream.
>>
>>83784112
well just as the original (non modern) hipsters felt (and rightly so), you only really know something if you got to know it on your own terms, before it was shoved in your face by being everywhere. and when you express that genuine acquaintanceship, it feels really special and authentic.. whereas when you regurgitate what's just part of your zeitgeist, well.. who gives a fuck
>>
Some of it I really liked, and some of it not so much. I'll probably check out more to see if it gets any better or worse.
>>
>>83778662

>working [at] a DVD store
>DVD store

Suspension of disbelief impossible.
>>
>black woman time traveling anywhere before 1974
>>
>>83778768

It's like...if Netflix was a place you drove to.
>>
>>83784570
within the first few minutes she's talking to a customer on the phone and advises them not to come to the store, because 'just netflix'
>>
>>83778662
Eh, disappointing, too much new age quirky going on. I'll definitely be doing a r34 pic of that white girl though.
>>
>>83784763
i feel like if we fully reject anything like this, it will fully reject us
this is it extending the branch, i'm gonna grab it.
>>
>>83778662
Why do they look so unkempt?
>>
>>83785205
because that's just better? duh
>>
Is the girl who makes this cute?
>>
File: 1451619471960.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1451619471960.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
its okay
>>
File: 15452415445.png (106 KB, 227x207) Image search: [Google]
15452415445.png
106 KB, 227x207
>>83778662
this looks like one of those low budget "educative" shows for toddlers you see on baby channel and stuff like that
>>
>>83779395
>It actually starts out with them pointing out to a customer that they have no business buying a dvd

Why do retards actually believe this? People like to have copies of movies they like.
>>
File: 1462398169909.jpg (41 KB, 399x444) Image search: [Google]
1462398169909.jpg
41 KB, 399x444
>>83778662
Oh God, it's so bland.
>>
>>83785337
yeah they tend to use that type of animation. that was my same immediate thought
>>
>>83785357
sure, some. but not enough to justify a physical store dedicated entirely to them. hence that anon's comment 'are they from the past' which i, and the first few seconds of the show, addressed.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-15-14h05m28s431.png (670 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-15-14h05m28s431.png
670 KB, 1280x720
>>83779614
how the hell did you get that from this shot
>>
Can't say I enjoyed it very much. Guess it doesn't appeal to me. I'll forget about it probably
>>
>>83778662
It's cute. It'd make for a fine webtoon I guess. I like the characters, and that's a lot more than I can say for a lot of other series.
>>
File: blam blam.jpg (71 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
blam blam.jpg
71 KB, 358x429
>>83778662
>REFRENCES
Wow this is awful
>>
>>83785456
it's called "wanting to bitch because X happens a lot, even when X is not happening, to make up for those times X happens but I wasn't there to comment on it"
i mean you wanna talk about everything looking like a nail when you have a hammer? when you get a hammer late, after nails go fucking unhammered for weeks, every GODDAMN thing looks like a nail.
>>
>>83785456
It's pretty obvious.

The writers aren't going to make references to things they don't like.
>>
File: 1465731988478.png (296 KB, 814x720) Image search: [Google]
1465731988478.png
296 KB, 814x720
>>83778662
OH, I recognize this tripe.

I'll bet dollars to dunkaroos that this is by that same insipid retard who does those Fangirls Videos, isn't it.
>>
>>83785626
It is. Is she cute?
>>
File: tumblr_nh1zoysr3I1qzf95do2_1280.jpg (481 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh1zoysr3I1qzf95do2_1280.jpg
481 KB, 1280x1280
>>83785626
the very same
>>
File: 1464730961160.png (29 KB, 156x258) Image search: [Google]
1464730961160.png
29 KB, 156x258
>>83779395
>it also starts out with a sign saying 'the establishing shot'
>>
File: 1465343420277.png (225 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1465343420277.png
225 KB, 500x750
>>83785682
No, well her work isn't anyway.

I can't express how goddamn sick I am of this Quirky-chic garbage.
>>
>>83779651
>Looks like and
kill you're self
>>
i want porn of belle
>>
>>83785746
well fuck you because A) we've been wanting this kind of thing for decades and B) if you shit on the one example of it we get for being a little-bit-too-kids-these-days it's going to go 'fuck you then' and go FULL kids-these-days and leave us behind. again.
>>
>>83785803
>we've been wanting this kind of thing for decades

youve wanted fan wanking references to Dr. Who for decades? When the series they reference is only 10 years old?
>>
>DUDE, TAMPONS LOL
Eeeeehhhhhhh... this whole thing is pretty crappy. but it will probably be kickstarted anyway.
>>
>>83778662

I'll probably forget about this by tomorrow.
>>
File: 1464635699217.jpg (117 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464635699217.jpg
117 KB, 1440x1080
>>83785803
What, a bland piece of cliched tat that looks like it was animated by Canadians?

One where the joke is, "Look at how QUIRKY we are?"

What type of thing have we've been waiting for, and how is this it?

Color me confused
>>
>>83785803
>A) we've been wanting this kind of thing for decades
You're the creator right?
>>
>>83785803
Wanting what for decades?
>>
>>83785839
yes
think about it, until now the best we had was comic book guy randomly making reference to 'a doctor who marathon' involving 100 tacos, or having "doctor who" in his collection, as if that was the character's name
media has never been very good at actually tapping into what real people are like, and appealing to them, until now
now, it's late. yes. and it's appealing to people just after us, which sucks, because that means we NEVER got a chance to be cool. but... this is still close. goddammit, this is close to what we wanted, now celebrate it.
>>
its this exact same shit only animated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fkcd_0ulos
>>
File: 1465758313970.png (240 KB, 935x720) Image search: [Google]
1465758313970.png
240 KB, 935x720
>>83785945
You think anyone wanted a series about references?

Good God
>>
>>83785945
>media has never been very good at actually tapping into what real people are like
>main characters work at a dvd store in 2016 and travel through time

ok
>>
>>83785945
These people are of my generation, if not slightly older, and I want to crucify them.

Try again
>>
>>83786019
you know exactly what i meant and you chose to pick that apart anyway. quit being an asshole.
i'm talking about their personalities

god dammit this is just bee and puppycat again. /co/ loves to shit all over what i like, by making exaggerated comparisons to shit i don't like.
>>
>>83785945
But this isn't even what people like, the people they're targeting are 16 year old girls who are on tumblr too much.

Dr Who isn't even that popular now, it's like 5 years too late to get in o the craze
>>
This thread reminds me of Gogo Bomango threads we used to have.
A little bit of content, a tiny snippet, picked apart like a pack of starved dogs given a single gobbet of meat.. who then turn on each other, having been reminded of how hungry they are. Some of them, who didn't get any, insist the meat was shit and the others are doggots for having any.
>>
>>83786057
>i'm talking about their personalities
You mean they're quirky?

Maybe if you liked less trash, you wouldn't be in this situation
>>
>>83786076
yeah okay, i know.
but imagine this trend had come a little earlier, and it was us guys instead
wouldn't that have been fucking amazing?

I'm saying, close enough.
and maybe if we embrace it, someone a little older will step back and give our generation of fans the same treatment. a bit more homestarrunnery, yknow?
>>
>>83786095
>This thread reminds me of Gogo Bomango threads we used to have.
DON'T DISHONOR MAI WAIFU LIKE THIS AGAIN FAGGOT
>>
>>83786097
beats literally every other kind of whore female you could meet in person or see on tv, outside of my japanese animes.
>>
>>83785803
badly written pop reference bullshit you can get asspats for putting on the internet?
>>
File: 1465419345311.jpg (685 KB, 1728x1748) Image search: [Google]
1465419345311.jpg
685 KB, 1728x1748
>>83786129
>wouldn't that have been fucking amazing
No. If you took this and replaced it with 4chan memes, it would still suck.

What is wrong with you. Can you really not see how lazy and shallow this is?

Are you really such a happy retard that you'll laugh and clap because a poorly drawn cartoon talks about liking things you like?
>>
File: disapointing.gif (463 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
disapointing.gif
463 KB, 300x188
The moment they started talking about Dr. Who I had it was going to be bad. I was kind of hoping it was going to have a normal girl vs. fangirl dynamic, but halfway through i realized this was done by the Fangirls person and i lost all hope.
>>
>>83786264
You're a nobler man than I for being able to muster any hope after seeing the Picture
>>
>>83786188
real people + 4chan memes is just reddit
why would anyone want reddit the show
in fact, we already have reddit the show
it's called ____________
>>
>>83778662
>hey let's watch doctor who
>but let's not start at the doctor at the beginning
>or start at the doctor who most matches your personality
>let's start at the one that I think is cute
>and only watch the ones that I think are cute
I feel like if I watched doctor who, I'd be yelling at these people the same way that 40 year olds yell at people who liked the star wars prequels
>>
the writing is lazy
the animation is lazy
the character design is lazy

i hope they dont think this will get on tv or netflix in its current state. brickleberry was less lazy than this
>>
>>83785598
Makes sense
>>
>>83786095
I dunno I think pilot threads tend to be /co/ at some of there most civil
>>
>>83786264
Really I honestly thought it was pulling the piss on fangirls
Or I suppose the writer just failed hard at making it seem like a good lifestyle maybe
>>
>>83786450
Only time doctor who is even consistently good anymore is weeping angels episodes.

Other episodes are still good usualy but the writers often drop the ball
>>
>>83786849
eh, unfortunately the angels got hit with the MARKETING stick, the one that made mario lose his powerups and link stop getting alternate colored tunics.
their whole point is that they disguise themselves as native statuary. but people liked the creepy angel look, so they kept it when it makes no sense. then they retconned them so they return to that look even when they posess other statues.. but then it turned out those statues weren't the right ones anyway, as they lacked two heads, and were really just degenerated images of regular angels again.
how much cooler would it have been if they could be ANY statch, not just an angel one (which is pretty easy to find and dispose of)
>>
>>
>>83787631
Ugh, just did one and it looks like shit. Sorry bros.
>>
>>83778662
I should go back to watching PBS to catch Time Warp Trio
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1920x1080
>>83778662
SO YOU WUZ ZAYN WE WUZ TIMETRAVLARS AND SHIT!!!
>>
>>83778768
you buy metal donuts and media is on them.
>>
>>83791079
You mean like newspapers why would I want to read on such an odd surface
>>
File: Kill everything..jpg (106 KB, 700x1186) Image search: [Google]
Kill everything..jpg
106 KB, 700x1186
>>83785746
Found this today.

I'm fucking done with it all.
>>
I'm usually pretty tolerant of tumblr shit
But I stopped at Dr. Who
They're in a huge store, there are thousands of choices
At least they could have chosen a bad movie series

Also there's no way that any store would keep all 35 seasons of it that's just ridiculous
I don't even think they're all released on dvd
>>
>>83791595
Just goes to show what a dumb piece of pandering shit the writers are.
>>
>>83778768
Could have been worse, they could have a VHS store.
>>
>>83778662

>DVD

disgusting.
>>
>>83778662

well, I was hoping for more actual time travel but that wasn't horrible.
>>
>>83786849

god damnit I hate how right you are. I love DW but god fucking damnit if the writers don't need replacing super bad.
>>
File: 1426889102165.png (1 MB, 1422x1065) Image search: [Google]
1426889102165.png
1 MB, 1422x1065
>>83779889

Well, they were also talking about vomit. That's pretty grody too, but I don't see anyone up in arms about that.
>>
>>83791515
>I found a PICTURE on the INTERNET about a THING I DON'T LIKE, what is the world COMING TO
>>
>>83778662
It wasn't the worst thing ever.
As far as entertainment it's mediocre but technically for a web series it's pretty decent.
>>
>>83792641
They should have led with the vomit period joke instead of having the stick this inside me without any prior setup
>>
SPEAKING OF PILOTS WITH UNINSPIRED ART STYLES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i8pWbTKAps&ab_channel=ModernPrometheus
>>
>>83785626
Great. Now I want Dunkaroos.
>>
>>83778662
Found it cute, kind of funny, but I did find the pop culture references kind of annoying, even though I kind of like Doctor Who. I like the voices, especially Belle's.
>>
File: BOEH.jpg (81 KB, 396x331) Image search: [Google]
BOEH.jpg
81 KB, 396x331
>>83794602
>can't find Dunkaroos outside of Canada
>>
>>83779357
>you get the simplified faces, but you still get full five-fingered hands, and limbs with elbows and knees in them
I feel the same way. I didn't mind the simpleness because I really dig full-fingered hands and detailed limbs.
>>
>>83780828
I'm not up to date with Capaldi, but he's my favorite so far of the new ones. I love it when he's just mean and grumpy to people. I also like how the pilot used 9's DVD.
>>
This was made in my country.

I'm sorry you had to see this.
>>
>>83794479
With some minor personality tweaks this could work.
That said I know stilted dialogue is to be expected of a pilot but it's really bad here.

Biggest tweek I can think of that needs to be made is the straight man shouldn't be so squeamish don't make her a full on bug loving freak but the stuff with the worms dident fit the rest of her character
>>
>>83782447
>>83782519
They could have started with 11. I know some people start with 11. I don't know why but I'm glad they started with 9.
>>
>>83786450
To be fair, 9th Doctor is a pretty good doctor and is a good intro. Brown girl did say that they can always watch all of it from the start if Peppermint Patty agrees.
>>
>>83786849
>>83787511

The only good weeping angels episode is the first one with 10. Maybe the ones with Ponds' finale as well. Rest are garbage.

No matter how much people hate 10, he had really good episodes.
>>
I knew that artstyle looked familiar.

Prepare for a cringefest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IErBgfATPTA
>>
>>83795226
Well this pretty much confirms my theory that the doctor who sperging was meant to be negative
It's still bad for other reasons but there not making references to pander there pulling the piss
>>
>>83778662
I can say I'd like to see where the fuck this goes.
>>
The nicest thing I can say about it is it's not as bad as Gen Zed.
>>
>>83778662
I really don't care for the voice acting or dialogue, it's so far removed from how people actually behave it's painful.
>>
It feels very proud of itself which I don't like.
>>
>>83795727
Has that even came out with a pilot?
>>
>>83792641
Emesis and menstruation are not on the same level, don't try to pretend that they are.
>>
>>83778662
>period joke
into the trash it goes
>>
>>83795727
I mean, that can be said about the overwhelming majority of anything animated.
>>
File: image.jpg (566 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
566 KB, 2448x2448
>>83779602
>i wanna be friends with girls like these.
You poor unloved soul.
>>
>>83779741
no because the animation sucks in this time travelling garbage
>>
>>83779827
>but menstruation in general should be talked about
No it shouldn't. It's a private thing.
Do you want to talk about my morning shit as well, you foul fucking cunt? Want to know how many pieces of corn I counted in it?
>>
File: 1443026957677.png (447 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443026957677.png
447 KB, 640x480
>>83785724
>>
>>83785803
Who's this "we" you're talking about?
>>
I want a picture of one of them going ahh I wanna suck a dick
>>
I liked it, maybe because english is not my first language but I found it at the same level of Adventure Time
>>
>talk
>talk
>talk
>talk
>shitty animation
So it's like Western anime, eh?
>>
>>83778662
>shitty flash animation

nope.
>>
>>83778662

I hate the art, but the short itself was pretty funny. It helps that I also hate Dr. Who with a passion.
>>
>>83795812

One only occurs when something is wrong, so most people aren't used to seeing it, and may indicate a very serious problem. The other is natural and regular, and while half of the population would be even more unfamiliar with it, the other half should be very familiar with it; however, I suppose it may be a greater biohazard if you got it on you or in you.

They both have different reasons to be disgusting, and those different reasons will obviously resonate to different degrees with different people. But I'd say overall they're pretty much the same.
>>
>>83794844

Wait...no one else gets Dunkaroos?

Fuck man, what the hell is wrong with the rest of the world?
>>
File: 1416191178008.jpg (96 KB, 550x477) Image search: [Google]
1416191178008.jpg
96 KB, 550x477
>>83795226

Well, *I* like it.
>>
Man as if some of these comments couldn't just scream "shill" any louder. Why the fuck do you want all of us to like it? Why do you NEED us to like it? I didn't personally hate it come on it's like you've never been here before.
>>
>>83778662
Pretty bland

>>83778714
I don't know, period jokes and Dr. Who wanking is pretty tumblr
>>
>>83781556
TV is pop culture, mentioning a show is a reference. No bait.
>>
>>83784680
>run a store
>employees tell people "just do this instead of purchasing our stuff"
>they lose job because store bankrupt

I mean a store selling DVDs is dumb, sure, but I don't get the character's logic.
>>
>>83778662
DUDE REFERENCES LMAO
>>
>>83778662
In order to have an educated opinion, I actually had to try it watch it. 3 minutes feel really long. I felt that I am not really the demographic for this, but I can't really get too angry about it, but the whole thing just a bit groan worthy. I can't get my 3 minutes back. Maybe I should draw them fucking the coolest guy in steve country.
>>
who is this for?
>>
>>83795790
No,and it never will which is too bad because I wanted to see how bad it could get.
>>
>>83802175

Psst. That's the joke.
>>
>>83780828
It was never good
>>
File: 1.jpg (8 KB, 256x160) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8 KB, 256x160
>>83794602
>>83794844
>>83798512
They fucking ruined Dunkaroos by replacing the biscuits, don't even bother.
>>
>>83795226
I lost feeling in my face from the lack of movement.
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.