[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mmmmmmmmmea-t. Just finished YJ and, why do you hate it again,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: meathead.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
meathead.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
Mmmmmmmmmea-t.

Just finished YJ and, why do you hate it again, /co/? I seriously don't get it. The first season is a bit bland, but the second is just solid capeshit.
>>
Since fucking when does/co/ hate YJ?
>>
>>83774080
>it's an anon thinks /co/ is a hivemind thread again
>>
>>83774146
I don't hate it, but I think the villains were OP as shit and the main characters were really bland.
>>
>>83774188
They were really OP until 5 minutes left in the episode.

I liked the overall premise, but it seemed like the show was taking itself too seriously after a while. Plus, maybe I just don't like the idea of Batman having a black ops team at his disposal.
>>
>>83774080
You got it the other way around
First season was pretty good, second season was catering to the female audience
>No male character from S1 other than Aqua Lad is relevant
>Superboy can't win a fight to save his life
>Nightwing has one fight, it's fake, and loses anyways
>Wally fucking dies after an entire season of doing nothing
>Meanwhile Ms Martian fries everyone's brains and nobody even talks to her about it
>>
>>83774258
>Ms Martian fries everyone's brains and nobody even talks to her about it
>That totally wasn't the reason Superboy dumped her
>>
>>83774251
>maybe I just don't like the idea of Batman having a black ops team at his disposal

Just a family of bats in their natural habitat.

>>83774146
>>83774169
Welp, I read plenty of negative opinions over the years, specially comparing it unfavorably to other DC cartoons. I went with very low expectations as a result. But honestly, I watched Teen Titans before and I kind of prefer this show. Almost everything they did on the second season hooked me.
Not to mention

>Sportsmaster's design and he later holding his own with fucking Deathstroke
>Zatara and Zatanna
>the whole Roy Harper being cloned thing
>linking Miss Martian and Beast Boy
>the fucking Forever People not being cameos
>the Reach properly adapted, Dan Garrett, Ted Kord; great representation of the Blue Beetle mythos
>Glorious Godfrey going to Apokolips, where he belongs, voiced by Tim Curry
>Strange Adam
>Static and an actually cool Longshadow
>L-Ron and fucking Manga Kha- erm, Despero for some reason?

Good stuff.

>>83774258
First season was mostly random missions, with cool action when the focus was Sportsmaster's family or an archer. Almost every episode ended with a -twist- and the villains being like "YES. THAT WAS OUR PLAN ALL ALONG". Ftr, I still enjoyed it a lot, but the second season had way better action on average and more of a plot, Spectacular Spiderman style, and I think it was fairly well executed.
>>
>>83774080
I enjoyed it. It was one of the things that allowed me to get into DC, actually.
>>
>>83774080
I hated the first 8 or so episodes so much I never watched again. I don't do the stockholm syndrome, it gets better shit.
>>
>>83774840
>>Sportsmaster's design and he later holding his own with fucking Deathstroke
Terrible, Sportsmemer was shit and his following is terrible here and all over the internet
>>the whole Roy Harper being cloned thing
Poorly executed
>>linking Miss Martian and Beast Boy
Stupid and unnecessary, and nothing came of it
>>
>>83774840
There's a difference between having a Bat Family and having a Bat Force 6 secret combat group.
>>
>>83774080
I don't remember people on /co/ complaining about the show, on the contrary people complained about how the terrible treatment the series recieved by the TV station and complained there wasn't more of it.

I enjoyed more the first season, but that's also because the second season was so erratic in releases that I had to drop it back in the day, I watched like 10 episodes and the other 10 like 3 years later.

Wally's death looked completly pointless and Ms Martian was an asshole.
>>
>>83775055
The only thing badly executed about Roy Harper was the clone fucking right off after they find the original, honestly. I enjoyed Luthor manipulating Arsenal (complete with haircut), Cheshire actually having a son WITH THE CLONE and how the guilt kind of paralleled Roy being a junkie in the comics, but aight I guess. Do you mean him being "the mole" all along? That sort of comes out of nowhere, yes, but it's just like any twist of that kind I guess.

>Stupid and unnecessary, and nothing came of it
Makes more sense than just a sickness, fits with how Megan took over Garfield's mom and also explains how BB's clothes change; that is something. I thought it was neat.

>>83775075
Yes. The final episode overall was kind of disappointing until the very end. Wally's fate was just a cheap way to pay homage to a speedster sacrificing himself and for Bart to officially become Kid Flash. Sad.

>>83775058
Hah, I was joking. But still, I didn't mind it, only the fact that Barbara and Tim were by far the blandest members of the team.

Honestly I don't care that much about Batman, so maybe that's why I don't see the big deal.
>>
File: Are you.png (89 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Are you.png
89 KB, 400x400
>>83774080
>why do you hate it again, /co/?
We don't.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.