[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there hasn't ever been an animated adaptation of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
How come there hasn't ever been an animated adaptation of Neuromancer?

Molly Millions is a top-notch waifu
>>
because the matrix stole all it's thunder and idiots will keep making comparisons even though the Watchoswkis totally ripped off Gibson
>>
>>83773223
Some movie studio has been sitting on the rights for years without doing anything about them. It's the reason why the character of Molly couldn't appear in the movie of Johnny Mnemonic.

It'd be the height of irony if somebody decides to make animated Neuromancer because live-action Ghost in the Shell turned out to be successful.
>>
File: luiNGMf9.jpg (18 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
luiNGMf9.jpg
18 KB, 400x263
>>
plebs
>ayy dude this looks like matrix

/tv/ posseurs
>ayy dude this looks like blade runner

weeabos
>uguu sempai this looks like ghost in the shell
>>
>>83775787
/tv/ isn't like that anymore
>>
I thought her ocular implants were supposed to rest on her cheeks like old-fashioned bifocals.
>>
>>83776819
That's the fun of reading senpai
>>
>>83773223
That's not what waifu means, and if there was an adaptation it would either be live action or an anime.
>>
>>83773630
That's bullshit, you don't know what you're talking about. The matrix was ripping off ghost in the shell, is has no resemblance to neuromancer. The fact that the VR world is called "the matrix" is doubtlessly a reference, but that's it. That's it.
>>
>>83775787
>>ayy dude this looks like blade runner
To be fair, that would be true. Gibson has said in interviews that he almost stopped writing the book because blade runner came out when he was halfway through wiring it and the aesthetic was identical.
>>
>>83779382
I know
do androids dream of electric sheep? > neuromancer > blade runner
>>
>>83777822
A, what do you think waifu means? and B, an anime would count as a animated adaptation. Anime is literally just short for animation, you imbecile.
>>
>>83779260
>implying ghost in the shell didn't rip off Neuromancer hard because Nips can't into creativity.
>>
>>83779260

Not that guy but the Matrix is pretty much the Metaverse from Snowcrash.
>>
>>83773664
Well, technically she was in it. She was just in as her other named character. She just didn't have the blades, but the girl is basically Molly.
>>
File: 1430933406007.png (343 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1430933406007.png
343 KB, 500x483
>>83773223
Molly waifu = yes, YESSSS!
But my favorite sci-fi book of all time getting the standard hollywod treatment of
"this plot is too complex for the audience i'll cut this and this"
"Shouldn't we have a more diverse, culturally sensitive cast"
"How much product placement is needed? ALL OF IT!"
"we should scale back the cussing and drugs and political themes" (ala v for vendetta, where's the anarchist overtones there?)
If a skilled director loved the book, was faithful to source material and didn't have (((producers+distributors))) yanking purse strings and making "suggestions" my erection would be visible from orbit. Oh and if i heard someone say it ripped off the matrix I'd probably take a deep breath and then rip out and eat their still beating heart.
>>
>>83773223
>the primal stronk independent womyn
>good waifu
Nah, fuck off with that
>>
>>83782005
Why would you want to eat their still beating heart? You'd only curse yourself with their pleb power. You don't want to devour that kind of life force.
>>
>>83779447
A waifu is a 2D character who is special to you and who you like above all others, almost as if she were your wife (hence the name).

>an anime would count as a animated adaptation
We're on /co/ so obviously the default assumption is that animation means an American or Western production.

>Anime is literally just short for animation, you imbecile.
Where did I say otherwise?

>>83779799
Taking influence from other works is not "ripping off," and Neuromancer wasn't born in a vacuum either.

By the way did you know Star Wars was inspired by Kurosawa? Yeah I guess white people just can't into creativity.
>>
What's a Neuromancer?
It's not something retarded like a Necroscope is it?
>>
>>83785179
To be honest, an adaptation of Neuromancer might not be all that compelling. Elements of the work have diffused themselves into virtually anything cyberpunk. It's a foundational work along with Blade Runner and Snow Crash (help me out here: Snow Crash was published in the following decade or contemporaneously?)

Although the better question is what cyberpunk shows also deal with the themes brought up in Neuromancer? GiTs gets an honorary mention, as does the Matrix (for all of its mainstream appeal I think it's aesthetic significantly impacted the course of cyberpunk)?

>>83785184
It's a proper noun, wot wot.
>>
File: 1433947127912.jpg (243 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
1433947127912.jpg
243 KB, 1024x942
>>83782730
Not wanting a financially independent, cyber mercenary with psychotic tendencies cuddling you after your raid of a mega-corp
Not having a mixture of fear/lust when your dick is in her hands, her deadly, deadly hands.
Not having her guard your meat suit while you jack into the matrix
Not betting money on your woman, while she rips apart fools in the thunder dome. Proving her Alpha Woman status for your fun and profit.
Not doing strange, experimental drugs and power fucking her.
Anon I...

>>83785096
Sir you have a point, if the theoretical situation occurs then I'd proceed to turn a ribbed condom inside out (for MY pleasure and for forensic reasons) then rape/murder their existence out this plane of reality.
>>83785184
Neuromancer is a totally sweet scifi book by william gibson. he practically invented the concept of the matrix in 1986/87. read it, you won't regret it.
>>
File: mollymillions1.png (297 KB, 620x654) Image search: [Google]
mollymillions1.png
297 KB, 620x654
>>83773223
found another molly pic in a /tg/ thread of all things. today was a good day.
>>
bumping for rare Mollies
>>
>>83779260
Only thing The Matrix took from GITS was the look of Oshi's film.( Honestly wish the GITS live actionjmovie was being directed by the Wachowskis)
Only thing the Matrix is a wholesale rip off of is The Invisibles
>>
So say there was a big screen Neurmancer animated adaption. What studio could do it justice? Would it be better as 2D cell animation or CGI shit? Would Dreamworks be good to adapt it or Disney (lol)

Should they go with a hyper realistic characters or stylized?
>>
>>83788477
If it was animation, only a Japanese studio could do it.
>>
>>83788523
Which one though? Madhouse? Bones? I guess most would say Production IG since they also did this kinda thing with GITS already.

In a perfect world we'd get a live action version directed by David Fincher.
>>
>>83788585
Oh, sorry forgot to post the perfect actress for Molly
>>
>>83785411
Snow Crash was published 8 years after Neuromancer.
>>
File: mollymillionsfullpic.jpg (218 KB, 1280x1083) Image search: [Google]
mollymillionsfullpic.jpg
218 KB, 1280x1083
>>83773223
yo OP there's a comic adaptation, that looks kinda shit.

http://www.antonraubenweiss.com/gibson/gallery/neuromancer-graphicnovel/

This is more relevant but make me sad to look at.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/neuromancer-storyboards-reveal-movie-might-have-been-28045.html

And finally there is a song called "molly millions" by a band called "panther moderns" but its shit and this one is so much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hZEvSvXq8

DO NOT search "molly millions cosplay" those fuglies will invert your penis
>>
>>83788687
Sir, i disagree.
>>
>>83773630

Gibson's work is highly derivative, and in no way represents the best cyberpunk has to offer. Take your pretentiousness elsewhere faggot.
>>
>>83787949

>in a /tg/ thread of all things.

Dude, /tg/ is probably the only board that has had regular cp threads for years.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.