[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT" STORY DETAILS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 37
File: The Last Knight.png (1 MB, 1056x657) Image search: [Google]
The Last Knight.png
1 MB, 1056x657
>Optimus Prime returns to Cybertron, which he indirectedly destroyed by jettisoning the Allspark to protect it from Megatron, and learns that it can be restored with an artifact hidden on Earth. In the medieval ages, the artifact was bestowed by ancient Transformers to Merlin, and its advanced science was mistaken for magic by the humans.

>In Optimus' absence, Bumblebee is leading the Autobots, comprised of Drift, Hound, Crosshairs and the Dinobots, as well as "Mini-Dinobots". New Autobots include Cogman, a sophisticated British Transformer who turns into an Aston Martin; and Squeak, who turns into a Vespa.

>Megatron is the main villain and once again a Cybertronian aircraft. There's also the Creator, the ancient being that created the Transformers.

>Mark Wahlberg and Josh Duhamel are back as Cade Yeager and William Lennox. Izabella Moer and Jerrod Carmichel are the younger leads, with Anthony Hopkins also in the cast and Stephen Merchant and Jean Dujardin in talks to join.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-scoop-story-character-details-for-transformers-the-last-knight-905
>>
>>83772102
>More humans shit
Ah for fuck sakes
>>
>>83772167
It's been 10 years, just accept there'll always be human protagonists in these movies.
>>
>>83772102
I hope ROM isn't in this.
>>
>>83772102
>In the medieval ages, the artifact was bestowed by ancient Transformers to Merlin
>Mini-Dinobots
>Cogman
>>
>>83772317
That plot sounds like it has nothing to do with ROM.
>>
When it was announced that Barricade was back I was hoping that Jazz would be back too :(
>>
Anthony Hopkins as Ultra Magnus?
>>
So what, Galvatron just decided to change his name back for no reason?

And this doesn't explain how Barricade is back.

And what about the new dump truck Transformer?
>>
>>83772102
>More Bayformers
>Another super secret weapon hidden on earth
>Another "this event was actually a secret Transformers thing" episode
>Megatron is the villain again, probably to be cucked again by another villain
>More human shit
>More random stereotype Autobots that will probably never show up again
>Guaranteed more shit "haha dude weed dude yelling dude balls" humor
>Another "so many distorted and shit designs I can't tell who is fighting who" episode

Can we just publicly execute Michael Bay already so we can get someone to not fuck up these movies on purpose? Anyone who likes this hack is a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>83772499
>This much butthurt

That's part of the reason I love these movies.
>>
>>83772462
They don't pick the voice cast until post-production. If he's been announced now, Hopkings got to be playing a human.
>>
>>83772470
That's the kicker, even Bay doesn't watch his own movies.
>>
>>83772102
>Optimus destroyed Cybertron

Is it Bay's mission to make Optimus Prime the worst movie hero of all time?
>Decepticons attack the planet
>Know where Megatron is, who is a bitch by this point
>A politician made me mad, so I'm going to let the Decepticons kill half the earth so they learn their lesson
>>
>>83772594

Well, except for Peter Cullen.
>>
>>83772559
You love these movies because people hate them?

Jesus Christ, how did people get so pathetic?
>>
>>83772499
And people misconstrue why we hate Bay. It's not because DUDE IT'S JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF, it's specifically because it's not. The action is so badly directed you can't tell what the fuck is happening and it doesn't look cool. The middle schooler who just discovered /b/ humor is constantly distracting. Even the stories are stupid and convoluted and make no sense at all.

If it were just a dumb action movie with a barebones excuse plot, I'd be happy, but instead they continue to not be able to deliver even that.

Seriously just get rid of Bay, literally any action director in existence could do better, even one who can't speak a line of English.
>>
>>83772470
>So what, Galvatron just decided to change his name back for no reason?
Did he ever call himself Galvatron? He's still technically Megatron.

>And this doesn't explain how Barricade is back
Multiple Barricades
>>
>>83772499
a-atleast there is no CIA or some secret Govt organization up to no good again, even though the Autobots saved Earth 4 times.
>>
>>83772619
But that's been established since the first movie.
>>
>>83772659
Agreed. It amazes me how easy it should be too make a dumb movie people can enjoy, but he still fucks it up constantly. Like, I think people have made it incredibly clear that they'd like the movies with less focus on the humans, comprehensible action scenes, and less fluff scenes of cameras rotating around something. Yet somehow we continue to get the exact same, if not worse, stupid nonsense every single time.
>>
>>83772716

Yes, he loudly proclaimed "I am Galvatron!"
>>
>>83772646
I like them because they're fun 4me

The fact people get so bent over shape about them just adds to the experience.
>>
>>83772747
"People" love the TRANSFORMERS movies, though. They've all been smash hits at the box office that the general population enjoys, as the numbers indicate.

It's a very vocal minority that complains so much about them.
>>
>>83772470
Honestly, I doubt Megatron would accept a name given by humans to what he should have been.
>>
>back to earth
>again

I know humanshit is required but they could at least throw us a bone and set the movie primarily on other worlds like the 86 movie. It's not like the robots even transform anymore, they just convert off screen or magically shapeshift into whatever the fuck they need. Might as well get crazy with it.
>>
>>83772659
Even the dialogue makes zero sense. Whenever Transformers talk, it has nothing to do with anything someone just said.

People defend Bay specifically because they want to be noticed. They know these movies aren't even good action movies, but they need to be special.
>>
>>83772755
I want you to explain how exactly they are fun.
>2.5 hour movies
>Virtually all of it is people talking
>Fight scenes are so poorly done that you can't even determine what just happened
>>
>>83772102
>the Creator

I thought the Allspark created the TFs in Baformers though';
>>
>>83772844
That's rather hyperbolic.

Plus, I can tell what's going on, so I'm able to enjoy the action scenes.
>>
>>83772659
Let's get Zach "the Hack" Snyder then
>>
>>83772845
Yes, but someone created the Allspark.
>>
>>83772725
But humans are stupid and scared 95% of the time and horny the the rest
>>
>>83772944
ah but who created the creator?
>>
>>83772782
I understand that, but even if they are already a success people are still really clear what they want from the movies and you would think something as simple as "less human focus" and "less shaky cam during fights" would be relatively easy to fulfill while also making the movie more enjoyable for everyone.

Even if they're still successful, I don't think I've ever seen a franchise that so completely and consistently ignores very clear ways to please fans.
>>
>>83772499
Bay basically films cars and barely legal teen girls and cashes a paycheck. He may be where the buck stops, but he isn't the root of the problem. There is no great vision or artistry behind these movies that's being squashed by the Hollywood system. The writer flat out states that the writing system for these movies is more akin to a roller coaster plan or amusement park attraction than a regular film. No one takes the movie franchise based off a line of toys seriously on that end.
>>
>>83773000
Again, the blunt of the audience has no problems with the human characters or the camerawork. That's why it stays the same. It sells to the people that actually buy it.
>>
>>83772499
>Anyone who likes this hack is a contrarian faggot.

Bet you love the MCU movies, contrarian faggot
These movies are different than no other popcorn flick in the modern age, don't tell me Marvel has "smart witty movies", they don't

Furthermore, I've been a Transformers fan literally my whole life....I could write a better TF movie than the Bay films, any actual fan could, that being said they are far from the worst thing in the TF universe, so stop being so fucking over dramatic. If you're a real fan you've been through worse already, stop acting like this is the end of the world.
>>
>>83772989
Somebody get this man a job at Paramount!
>>
>>83773132
>loving MCU movies is being contrarian
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>83772470
Are we ever going to find out where Barricade fucked off to in the first movie? I really want to see Barricade's Day Off.
>>
>>83772102
>the artifact was bestowed by ancient Transformers to Merlin, and its advanced science was mistaken for magic by the humans.
>advanced science was mistaken for magic

Transformers in the MCU when?
>>
>>83772659
>Even the stories are stupid and convoluted and make no sense at all.
I think the worst part about this is that there's a very interesting mythology hidden beneath all the weed, dick, and fart jokes, pedophile boyfriends, and highly offensive racial stereotpyes that shove all that mythology down to the point that it's impossible to see or explore on anything more than a surface level.
>>
>>83773132
>If you like any popcorn flick then there's no reason you shouldn't like every single other shitty movie!
Marvel movies may be dumb fun movies, but there's a difference between good dumb fun movies and bad ones. You can't just justify liking a shitty movie by categorizing it with any other flicks.

And yes, for what they are, Marvel does make smart witty movies. Your shit opinions don't change that.
>>
>>83772924
>Hyperbolic

It isn't. It really isn't.
>>
>>83773132
>Bet you love the MCU
I like Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier. The rest I did not. What now?
>>
>Somehow the artifact ties into Merlin, the magician of King Arthur lore. Apparently, the power of magic was given to Merlin by a Transformer and somehow the artifact ties into this. As far as what the artifact is, we can’t say, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has something to do with the famed sword Excaliber (I mean, they did make sure to include a sword in the new logo, didn't they?). That’s just speculation on my part, but it sounds reasonable. Of course, we’ve seen the effects of time travel in these films already and are aware of Transformers visiting Earth throughout the planets existence, so that certainly fits with the universe they’ve created and now it appears that the story will add British Mythology to the narrative.

This sounds EXACTLY like something some retarded clickb8 nu-journalists would make up after hearing the title
>>
These movies went to shit the moment they killed Arcee

gibe robot waifu pls
>>
>>83772844
>Fight scenes are so poorly done that you can't even determine what just happened
I guess if you have the attention span of...OH SHINY!
>>
Does anyone give a shit about the plot to Bayformers? I was under the impression its audience watched it to kill 2 hours and the hardcore Transformers fanbase hates it for essentially giving the franchise an extended middle finger. Why is it always so convoluted?
>>
>>83773318

Yeah, he came back in the third movie where Bumblebee blew his head off.
>>
>>83773952
But what did he do between the time where he fucked off after Bonecrusher got his shit shoved so far up his own ass his head asplode and when he came back and had his own head asplode via Bumblebee?

>>83773711
It's going to be the Star Saber, isn't it?
>>
>>83773952

No, wait, that was Soundwave.

Barricade got killed by NEST.
>>
>>83773754
Good job.
>>
>>83772102

Best name they can come up with is "Cogman"?

Hyped to see mary sue husbando Drift's in it, hopefully his design isn't too bad.
>>
>>83776530
Could be worse. Could have called him Rung.
>>
>>83776530
It's a temp name.
>>
File: barricadet5.jpg (95 KB, 1280x554) Image search: [Google]
barricadet5.jpg
95 KB, 1280x554
>>83773318
> disappears after the first movie.
> gets killed in the third movie.
> now suddenly back ALIVE in the fifth movie.

If they're bringing back fallen Decepticons bring back freaking Shockwave please. What a waste he was in the third film.
>>
>>83776642

I don't know if I'd hate that or not.
>>
>>83776710
I'd like them to just continuously bring back dead characters and have them hover in the background, don't even have them acknowledged by anyone else
>>
>>83773395
>pedophile boyfriends
OH GOD I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT THAT
that dude carried a card in his wallet. jesus christ.
>>
>>83776710
To be fair, we did see multiple Decepticons that shared the same body type in ROTF, so maybe the guy in 3 could be a dude with a similar body type and alt mode?
>>
>>83776869
No, they said it's Barricade.
>>
>>83772716
He did but it was still Megatron. The name Galavtron was bestowed on him by company that made him the new body. So he probably thought, "Fuck meatbags. I'm going back to my original name."
>>
>>83776888
Actually, it was his twin, Barrikade.
>>
>>83776888
Then Megatron revived him. It wouldn't be the weirdest thing that's happened in these films.
>>
File: ANGERYes.jpg (25 KB, 234x163) Image search: [Google]
ANGERYes.jpg
25 KB, 234x163
>>83773132
>that being said they are far from the worst thing in the TF universe

Bayformers ranks below fucking Kiss Players. Kiss Players, Anon. Let that sink in.

It's literally the bottom of the barrel, the worst the entire franchise has offered.
>>
Will it be too much to Hope for a Grimlock tweak?
>>
>The Last Knight

Wasn't he already The Last Prime in ROTF?

They're seriously recycling the same plot?
>>
>>83776966
They'll probably tweak the Dinobot heads to resemble the toys, or have the toys use the movie heads.

It's almost certain the Dinobots are getting new colors, since Hasbro wanted brighter colors, but it was too late to change them.
>>
>>83776962
Kindly go fuck yourself, m8.
Because of bayformers, we got some sweet figures and some decent comic books, not to mention some of the best TF lore.
>>
>>83777024
I haven't watched a Transformers movie past 2 but I'm up to date on MTMTE/Ex-RID, please fill me in on "some of the best TF lore" that I'm missing.
>>
>>83776710

barricade is the dumbest name... why wouldn't an evil police car be named kickback? or swindle, or longarm or any other corrupt police name?

ffs.
>>
>>83777024

Yeah, at the cost of a series of increasingly shitty abortions of cinema. I'd rather TF's have died and been revived ten years+ later as a small trial line then to have it continually be a shitshow of terrible movies.
>>
File: 1383953244286.gif (916 KB, 250x193) Image search: [Google]
1383953244286.gif
916 KB, 250x193
>>83772102
>medieval ages
>>
File: tffd_02_13.jpg (209 KB, 658x1023) Image search: [Google]
tffd_02_13.jpg
209 KB, 658x1023
>>83777136
The movie tie-ins
>>
>>83772803
It astounds me that I don't see more bitching about the utter dearth of actual transforming in the last one. I feel like Prime in the barn is the only visible one in the entire movie, and that's without getting into the stupid Transformium shit. It's like the artists didn't even try.
>>
>>83777136
>MTMTE/Ex-RID
>considering that dreck good
Oh, you're one of those.
>>
>>83777371
cost-cutting

The transformers had much more screen time in AOE
>>
>>83777371
I was disappointed by it. I'd like to have seen Hound going from truck to fat ballerina. Or the sides of the Corvette becoming Crosshairs' trench coat.
>>
File: 1449524496268.jpg (81 KB, 688x551) Image search: [Google]
1449524496268.jpg
81 KB, 688x551
>>83776962
>Bayformers ranks below fucking Kiss Players. Kiss Players, Anon.
Give me "Shit People Only Say in an Argument" for $500, Alex.
>>
I hope Cogman isn't some Austin powers/Doctor Who fusion I'm gonna have to hear being quoted all day at work.
>>
>>83777570
Just stab your ears now, anon. You know that's exactly what he's going to be.
>>
File: beauty.jpg (123 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
beauty.jpg
123 KB, 600x927
>>83777243
Its perfect
>>
>>83777649
>Medievalformers
>Fort Max turns into a castle
Art where?
>>
>>83777350

Why did Megatron start the war with the Autobots?
In the comics, he's forced to do heavy labor due entirely to his alt mode, starts a peaceful revolution, gets violently put down by the cops, tossed into an underground fighting ring, and THEN we get violet revolution Megatron.
I guess what I'm asking is, is Movie Megatron's revolution/war in the movies justified or is he just a conqueror?
>>
Will they repeat that fantastic 3rd act from TF4?
>Free knights and give them a chance, or they are Optimus slaves or he kills them
>Run through the city causing hundreds of collaterals instead of the fly the damn bomb away from the city
>>
File: wcwinanutshell.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wcwinanutshell.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>83777570
>>83777624
Great. I've yet to see ONE sumo-wrestling monster truck from this series, but we get stuff like this. State of this franchise.
>>
>>83777793
He's just a dick.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhxJtQ6qcKM
>>
>>83777350
That Optimus doesn't look like Optimus protoform from the 1st movie
>>
>>83777872

That sucks, giving the Decepticons a legitimate reason for their initial revolution was great.

Can't really hand wave the centuries of wartime atrocities committed by both sides, but still made some Decepticons sympathetic.
>>
>>83776962
Where can one read Kiss Players?

I'm asking for a friend.
>>
File: 3022076803_79bd38c075_d.jpg (145 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3022076803_79bd38c075_d.jpg
145 KB, 500x375
>>83777956
>That Optimus doesn't look like Optimus protoform from the 1st movie
It's the 2007 Optimus protoform toy, but in classic prime colors. (The repaint on the right is fan-made.)
>>
>>83772102
Jesus fuck just turn transformers cyberton into a movie.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>83776962
>It's literally the bottom of the barrel, the worst the entire franchise has offered.
>>
>>83772102
Just bring back Soundwave and I don't give a shit. If Barricade can come back then so can he.
>>
>>83772102
>Optimus Prime returns to Cybertron

Didn't half the planet collapse in on itself in the 3rd movie?
>>
>>83778209
>Half
Didn't all?
>>
>>83778209
>Didn't half the planet collapse in on itself in the 3rd movie?
I thought it was the whole thing
>>
>>83778187
> they finally do Soundwave in his synthesized voice.
>>
>>83772102
>In the medieval age, the artifact was bestowed by ancient Transformers to Merlin, and its advanced science was mistaken for magic by the humans.
I guess this explains the stonehenge visit?
>>
>inb4 optimus dies again
>>
>>83778319
>the audio gets corrupted and he still sounds like Dr. Claw
>>
>>83772732
>Helicopter going down
>"Hang on, Sam!"
>Does absolutely nothing about the other people in the chopper
>Helicopter crashes into a building
>>
>>83772102
No, Sentinel and Megatron had the Allspark sent off to Earth as part of their plan to bring Cybertron through the gateway while Megatron helps The Fallen to destroy the sun to provide energy to the planet while using humans as a new work force even though they'd be dead.

i love how these movies have no continuity at all.
>>
>>83778623
They were already dead.
>>
>>83777019
I just want them to give him a sword instead of the fuckawful looking mace.
>>
>>83778187
If were bring folks back/doing them right, can we get a redo on Wheeljack? Of All the series's sins, that one bothers me the most.
>>
>>83778914
> not Shockwave.
>>
They should make Barricade the main villain for "the Bumblebee movie"
>>
>>83772499
>publicly execute Michael Bay

His body would probably explode
>>
>>83778647

They do if you stop to think about it for a little bit. And want to be very, VERY generous to the writers.

In a way its accidentally brilliant.
>>
>>83778854
That can happen. They have to push the new toys somehow, and new weapons definitely help.
>>
>>83780406

So what you're saying is, Micheal Bay is a terrorist?
>>
File: 1385882265344.png (279 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
1385882265344.png
279 KB, 500x425
>>83777649
>Always wanted G1 medieval transformers.
>Medieval Bayfomers related tie-ins instead
>>
>>83781674
NOW will you get rid of that damn monkey's paw?
>>
File: tffd_02_09.jpg (195 KB, 655x1023) Image search: [Google]
tffd_02_09.jpg
195 KB, 655x1023
>>83778007
>>83777793
>>83777872
Megatron grew bitter over the knowing the fact that Sentinel favored Optimus and wanted him to lead everyone himself
>>
File: This post tho.png (278 KB, 330x423) Image search: [Google]
This post tho.png
278 KB, 330x423
>>83772102
I don't know why but I'm giggling at the idea of giant mechanical robots with Bay's aesthetic in medieval times, much more when thinking it involves wizardry and shit where Bay's style of action is exploding grass.

I'll be honest, I'm excited for the first trailer alone, but the movie though, I'd probably wait until the first 50 reviews.
>>
>>83777181
Well that's just you. The fact that the first movie revived interest meant that TF1 was a correct idea, but they let a virus in it fester, and I'd blame the writer slightly more than Bay, and then blame Bay during AoE more than the writer.
>>
File: ANATAWA, WATASHINO ALLSPARKA.jpg (232 KB, 804x604) Image search: [Google]
ANATAWA, WATASHINO ALLSPARKA.jpg
232 KB, 804x604
>>83772102
>>
File: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (279 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
279 KB, 1080x1440
>>83772619
What's funny is that what they're doing with him is the most interesting thing the movies have going for, and they didn't even know until the fourth movie.
>>
File: PG_037_Galvatron_001_1411660401.jpg (944 KB, 2550x1650) Image search: [Google]
PG_037_Galvatron_001_1411660401.jpg
944 KB, 2550x1650
Sucks that they're abandoning this. I actually quite liked it.
>>
File: 1356420640127.jpg (35 KB, 499x204) Image search: [Google]
1356420640127.jpg
35 KB, 499x204
>>83783234
Didn't like it a lot. It's just too plain and ugly, moreso than the first Megatron design.

I rather miss Mad Max Megatron.
>>
>>83783335
> They should have set that up as him being reduced to a hobo after Shockwave turfs him out and takes over as leader, and does a pact with Sentinel.

That would have been interesting.
>>
>>83784173
Sadly Bay doesn't pride on Shockwave being actually relevant.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1338x736) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156 KB, 1338x736
>>83783335
I didn't care for it initially, but the "YOU HAVE NO SOUL" bit with his chest eating Optimus' sword and the close-up of his face sold me

Megatron hadn't been that badass since the first movie
>>
File: Dotm-megatron-concept-igor.jpg (283 KB, 1200x683) Image search: [Google]
Dotm-megatron-concept-igor.jpg
283 KB, 1200x683
>>83783335
It doesn't look quite as good as the concept art, but then again what does
>>
>>83784264

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But Starscream hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
He's coming in, twelve-thirty flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, Cybertron's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred robots or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had
>>
File: 1405772776162.jpg (200 KB, 482x634) Image search: [Google]
1405772776162.jpg
200 KB, 482x634
>>83784264
an elephant nearly died for this.
>>
>>83782554

Petty as fuck, comics paint him as a civil rights leader lead astray by a system that only responds to violence.
>>
>>83782554
I don't know why but I laughed too much at Megatron peeking at the two like a young jealous littl ebrother
>>
>>83782554
The more I look at this the more I think of the Mufasa's speech,
>>
File: WhatDoesMegatronSee.png (96 KB, 248x177) Image search: [Google]
WhatDoesMegatronSee.png
96 KB, 248x177
>>83785788
>>83785931

Uh oh, /co/! Megatron sees something! What does Megatron see?
>>
>>83783234
I hope robots in this movie actually have vehicle mode kibble this time.
>>
File: ss-02.jpg (31 KB, 167x422) Image search: [Google]
ss-02.jpg
31 KB, 167x422
>>83785963
>>
File: 1465753590722.jpg (2 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
1465753590722.jpg
2 KB, 122x125
>>83772102
>Megatron is the main villain once again
>>
>>83772102
For a second I thought we'd have a medieval film and that it would mean that we'd basically get BEAST WARS toys again since vehicles would shit forms for the period, along with a few dragons.

But I doubt it.
>>
>>83776790
Sounds pretty spooky.
>>
>>83786197
Would you rather have the fallen back? Face it, no matter who is the villain it will be shitty and pointless. Or horrifically off-character, like Unicron is a giant transformer planet who is actually is a giant combiner like Reedman and to consume planets he breaks up into "clouds" of component sharkticons which piranha planets to nothing. Just like how badly they represented Galactus or Parallax as giant planet devouring doom clouds.
>>
>>83772102
After Thor, seems like Anthony Hopkins just really enjoys money.
>>
>>83786747
Maybe. I thought he swore he wouldn't return as Odin, claiming Odin was dead after Loki took over Asgard. Not really sure how that made sense given Loki would still need to appear as Odin. And he is finally confirmed as returning.
>>
File: Vehicon.jpg (2 MB, 4157x4813) Image search: [Google]
Vehicon.jpg
2 MB, 4157x4813
>>83786054
>I hope robots in this movie actually have vehicle mode kibble this time.

They already did.
Based design right here.
>>
>>83784220
THAT IS WHY I HAVE NO FEAR!
>>
>>83784827
He was also sick of protecting weak bots that wouldn't even stand up for themselves
>>
>>83787272
>>I hope robots in this movie actually have vehicle mode kibble this time.
I was referring to Optimus and Megatron specifically.
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (136 KB, 556x1000) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
136 KB, 556x1000
>>83787640
Right, was there any good reason to change this?
>>
File: 1409154900654.png (3 MB, 1600x2370) Image search: [Google]
1409154900654.png
3 MB, 1600x2370
>>83787775
Bay wanted some sort of knights theme where instead of knights riding dragons, it's knights riding dinosaurs.

Of course the knight motif only applied to Prime and the dinobots. Bee's a ninja insect thing, Drift's a samurai warrior, Crosshairs is a bounty-hunterish guy and Hound's a fat army dude.
>>
>>83787775
They actually gave him abs at the third.
>>
>>83772102
well at least we get more of John Goodman Autobot
>>
File: TF5.jpg (26 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
TF5.jpg
26 KB, 471x350
>>83790741
Hound's apparently getting this new vehicle mode. Other decals being the same as the one from Hound's old vehicle suggests that this one's 80% sure to be Hound.
>>
File: TF5-Hound-Stickers.jpg (96 KB, 750x842) Image search: [Google]
TF5-Hound-Stickers.jpg
96 KB, 750x842
>>83790815
>>
>>83790824
>>
>>83772102
>more Bayformers
I'll stick with the rifftrax versions.
>>
>>83790847
>>83790824
>>83790815
doesn't seem to bad, not the far off from his previous vehicle mode either
>>
>>83790906
Shame he never had an animation for transformationm
>>
>>83772619
If they're trying to portray Optimus as a flawed character, they're doing it the wrong way. Instead they made Optimus have bouts of schizophrenia.
>>
>>83780824
No I think he's saying that Michel bay is made of nitroglycerin.
>>
>>83784402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF0nkt7sJMQ
>>
>>83786651
Galactus is a one of Unicrons sentient farts.
>>
File: 0.jpg (161 KB, 1200x510) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
161 KB, 1200x510
>>83772102
>>Optimus Prime returns to Cybertron, which he indirectedly destroyed
>indirectedly destroyed
>indirectedly
Didn't Optimus literally cut Cybertron in half in Trandformers 3?
>>
>>83792577
Actually, just gave it a huge-ass sink hole.
>>
>>83776962
>Bayformers ranks below fucking Kiss Players. Kiss Players, Anon. Let that sink in.
>It's literally the bottom of the barrel, the worst the entire franchise has offered.

Bayformers is better than anything made by the Japs, the anime years of Transformers was the absolute worst time to be a TF fan
>>
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE/BAYFORMERS CROSSOVER WHEN? Will Lancelot try to fuck the nurse? Tune in next week.
>>
>>83793021
I would argue but I almost agree. I'm conflicted.
>>
>>83782554
>Megatron grew bitter over the knowing the fact that Sentinel favored Optimus and wanted him to lead everyone himself

Is this canon? What about The Fallen, I thought Megatron was a desciple of him giving the Decepticons that whole angle
>>
>>83793153
It's half-canon, given that Bayformers continuity is wonky and that neither Bay nor Ehren probably reads the comics.
>>
>>83787272
>Based design

It's too over complicated.

TFP hit that sweet spot with the designs.
>>
File: 0.png (175 KB, 550x865) Image search: [Google]
0.png
175 KB, 550x865
>>83793153
>>83793362
Megatron's plan(s?) are, how to say.. multipathed...
>>
>>83793448
Topkek
>>
>>83793442
Yeah, but TF Prime was also a cartoon show not a live action movie
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 816x979) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 816x979
>>83772989
Gaia. Who is Earth.

Because Earth is a Transformer. Who fights Unicron and saves her husbando Cybertron.

The tweest at the end of the last Bayformers movie is that the humans were the real Transformers all along. Shia comes back to receive the Allspark.
>>
>>83793448

See? He gets it.

Uhhhhhh...I suddenly feel dirty...

>>83795671

Someone's been reading Shattered Glass.
>>
File: grumpy gyarados.png (157 KB, 477x357) Image search: [Google]
grumpy gyarados.png
157 KB, 477x357
>>83793448

I hate it when Walky is right.
>>
>>83795671
Been awhile since anyone shared that bit of horrifying.
>>
>>83796556
He constantly produces random crap, he has to be right sometimes.
>>
File: Strongarm_smile_Rid.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Strongarm_smile_Rid.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>83777172
> -ong arm
>police car
>>
Is TAAO out yet?
And while we're at that, has anyone storytimed the new exRID yet?
>>
>>83792496
What the fuck are you talking about? How is Prime a schizo?
>>
>>83798793

>>83793501
>>
>>83792577
GIVE ME YOUR PLANET-FACE!
>>
>>83772659

Almost ten years and the nonstop butthurt STILL continues to fill me with sheer delight.
>>
>>83793448
It actually isn't that hard to make sense of the plan. The Fallen was the one who wanted to kerplode the Earth, and Megatron was indeed willing to abide by The Fallen's plan since he's, you know, The Fallen. He was, apparently, Megatron's master and teacher and Megatron, for better or worse, was loyal to him.

But Megatron is allowed to have his own schemes that aren't really necessarily incompatible with the Fallen's ultimate goal of destroying the Earth.

Megatron schemed with Sentinel for space bridge technology, but before they were done Megatron was forced to race after the Allspark which Optimus chucked into space. Sentinel was supposed to catch up with Megatron. The only flub here is that Sentinel would need to know where the Allspark was headed and the Cons didn't, but given Sentinel was a super awesome stellar engineer let's assume he could plot the Allspark's course and he didn't tell the Cons because they obviously weren't on speaking terms - Cons shot him down, after all. Megatron's failure was in keeping Sentinel's loyalties too secret.

So they both get shot down. They were both on the same apparent course following the Allspark so both wound up at roughly the same location, Megatron all the way to Earth and Sentinel's Ark hit the dark side of the moon.

The thing is the Space Bridges, once completed, allow instantaneous travel anywhere in the universe. The Allspark allows unlimited energy and can repair, restore, or create Cybertronian style life. Megatron wanted it all, but failed. Converting Earth's machinery was his fallback. The Fallen, when he reasserted his dominance, just wanted to finish destroying the Earth. Both plans would have restored Cybertron via energy. DotM they just fell back on using Earth, which they were all stuck on, to restore Cybertron. Somehow. With tiny human slave builders on a planet that probably doesn't have a compatible atmosphere.

Earth was always convenience.
>>
File: RotF_The_Twelve_heads.jpg (198 KB, 1400x679) Image search: [Google]
RotF_The_Twelve_heads.jpg
198 KB, 1400x679
So, whatever happened to these guys, aside from Fallen?
Seems like they were far nicer guys than Sentinel and probably the nicest TFs in Bayverse.
>>
>>83801123
They killed themselves
>>
>>83799721
I am not saying this isn't making sense. I al saying that neither Bay nor the scenarists put that much thoughts into the movies.
>>
>>83801841
Absolutely no argument from me in the least. They really don't put too much effort into the movies, nor to they really feel any great need to. They're summer popcorn action flicks. I do wish it was otherwise, but at least it's making Hasbro shittons of cash. I just wish they were able to make better business decisions overall. Hub is dead, Robots in Disguise is mediocre at best, they keep interfering with the comics to the detriment of the overall story. Their games don't seem to be doing so good either.
>>
>>83793448
>I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket
Walky, you can't try to make an arguement and then provide an answer to that arguement using the same character.

Because that's what happened. Megatron was a military strategist, and he didn't put all his eggs in one basket.
>>
>>83802190
Don't forget Aligned and BOR.
Boy, was that a mess.
>>
>>83802571
Aligned was still a good decision, but sadly horribly mismanaged.
>>
>>83803324
Why do people talk about the aligned Universe like it's over and not that it's continued in two currently airing shows?
>>
>>83776710
they are machines. put the parts back on and keep it moving
>>
>>83803405
Because there is hardly anything aligned about it other than the fact that it's named "the aligned universe"

Optimus Prime continues to show up in Rescue Bots even though Prime is long ended and Prime is dead...the new show doesn't explain any of the radical differences it has from the last, like why Decepticons are all beastformers now, and Prime and the Cybertron games had nothing in common other than mute Bumblebee and Optimus being Optimus
>>
>>83803405
Because by this point there IS no aligned continuity. You're seeing them carrying on certain themes and ideas. Continuing, sort of, Transformers Prime is NOT the same as continuing the Aligned Continuity. They are merely continuing things that had their origins from Aligned. Again, this is not the same thing.

Aligned is no longer a continuity or continuity family. It's a carcass they are picking apart. Hasbro is treating it like the Scavengers. Just a bit of light recycling, it's dead, not like it will care.
>>
>>83802295
Walky never said it didn't make sense, he said it was convoluted.
>>
>>83803405

Aligned continuity was supposed to be the new G1. It was supposed to be one massive detailed continuity. Every cartoon, every comic, every video game even movies were all supposed to fit in that one unified continuity with one Universe Bible.

It started ok with the games, but then the Prime team went full autists with HURR WE WANT MAKE CARTOON MORE LIKE MOVIE FUCK ALIGNED and then IDW refused to reboot their shit and it was just downhill from there until hasbro got sick of it because they wasted a fuck ton of money on an failed idea.

It's why Hasbro has now jumped balls deep into the movies because they are the only long running thing from this franchise that actually brings in money.
>>
>>83803463
I'm pretty sure Rescue Bots takes place before Prime, when the Auobots started to go into hiding.
>>
>>83804098
>but then the Prime team went full autists with HURR WE WANT MAKE CARTOON MORE LIKE MOVIE FUCK ALIGNED
Eh, really?
Was it part of Alvarez's rant about green Optimus or something?
>>
>>83772102
At least the 1986 movie is for sale in Blu-Ray!!!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/transformers-the-movie-is-finally-coming-to-blu-ray-fo-1781557384
>>
>>83799721

Basically, each movie in the original trilogy was "Plan A", "Plan B", and "Plan C". Yup.

>>83804098

IDW didn't refuse, they and Hasbro just came to a mutual agreement that a full reboot would be too confusing and hurt sales.
>>
>>83795302
So?
>>
And really, considering how the IDWverse is the basis of the entire Hasbro comic universe, its very good that they didn't reboot.
>>
>>83772102
>people are still excited for more Bayformers even after 4 movies of absolute garbage

Transformersfags really are the biggest masochist in all fanboydom
>>
>>83805597
Yeah, a real fucking good thing. We could have gotten some good stories instead.
>>
>>83805708
Except no one is excited, hyped or thrilled?
>>
>>83805711

Like the Aligned stories have been better than IDW's stuff?

Prime was good, but they barely even tried to make it an Aligned story in the first place.
>>
>>83805880
For what?
>>
>>83807749
No one is excited for more bayformers.
>>
>>83808994
China is?
>>
>>83805432
So, when you're putting CG characters next to live actors you have to take that into consideration

Anybody who thinks you can just make a CG model of G1 bots and throw them next to real people is a total autist, the Bay designs aren't all top notch bot some are quite decent given the context of having to make CG robots look like they're functioning machines that could exist and move alongside things that really do function and move

>>83805909
The only people who give even the slightest rat's ass about IDW are on this very board....they are a tiny postule on the ass of the greater TF fandom which is based on toys, number one, cartoons number two, and dare I say given the popularity of the Bay films despite their critical backlash, movies number three
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.