[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Black Panther an A-lister now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
>>
>>83768939
Maybe
>>
>>83768939
A-lister? He's a *i*er alright so yes.
>>
>>83769053
What did he mean by this?
>>
No, he's B-list at best with good timing. His comic dropped a little over 175k from issue 1 to 2. There'll be a small spike when Civil War blu-ray is released, but it'll be cancelled and relaunched in time for his movie which I can't see doing much better than Ant-Man
>>
>>83769221
Ant-Man did pretty great considering it was fucking Ant-Man, and that was without previously guest starring and getting a great reception in Avengers 3.
>>
>>83768939
What danger is there to him with vibranium armor? His armor is stronger than Iron Man's armor, AND he's got more money than Tony, AND he's got a kingdom. Not to mention he's got fighting skills on par with Captain America. So what are we supposed to be worried about exactly? What stakes can there be?
>>
>>83769221
Every comic has a big drop when they launch that big
>>
>>83769292
He could probably still die from extreme heat/cold, drowning, possibly missiles, or having something really big hit him.

If he had absolutely nothing to worry about he wouldn't have had to dodge Giant-Man's attacks or have Vision save him from a truck getting hit by a truck.
>>
He's gotten a sudden burst of popularity due to Civil War and his own movie. I wouldn't call him an A-lister.
>>
>>83769292

Black Panther's stakes have always been more political or economic than anything. He's always in danger of losing his kingdom or starting a war with somebody because someone disagrees with the way he does things.
>>
we have to see his sales in a couple of months

Guardians of the Galaxy sell terrible in spite of the movie.
Its been only 2 issues

If in 2 months he still sells more than 40 thousand, I would consider him A List.
>>
>>83769292
Priest established that his armor can be cut with a knife.
>>
>>83769221
>His comic dropped a little over 175k from issue 1 to 2
You don't know how Diamond Sales figures work, do you?
>>
>>83768939

After the solo movie releases
>>
>>83768939
Solid C-List, thanks to the movie.
>>
>>83768939
No, being an A-Lister takes sustained popularity. He's definitely a high B though.
>>
>>83768939

As much as Iron Man.
>>
>>83771176
>high B

No, B-List are characters like Hulk, Flash, Supergirl... people know of them even without a recent movie/tv-show. I doubt anyone outside of /co/ knew about Black Panther before the movie.
>>
>>83772568
And nobody knew about flash and hulk before the TV shows or supergirl before the movie
>>
>>83772712

And yet, more people know Flash, Hulk and Supergirl than Black Panther, even decades after their respective shows ended. BP is nowhere close this popular and famous.
>>
>>83772796
Did you miss my point?
>>
>>83768939
A-List is now culturally defined as characters who have their own movie series. Characters that don't but are recurring are B list. All others are C and lower. By this metric, Black Panther is a rising B, probably an A in a year or two.
Anyone that goes by comic book sales or any metric other than this is just deluding themselves, comic books are a vesitgial organ in the behemoth of Disney. Movies are all that matter, and even then only because they move toys.
It's a bizzare time as a fan, characters have never mattered more, but the comics hardly even register.
>>
>>83768939
No.
He's way too overpowered and his stories are always xenophobic and boring.
Fuck BP.
Probably the most racist character in comics.
>>
>>83768939
Depend if his movie is sucessful
>>
>>83768939
No, he's a Black-lister
>>
>>83768939
No. Although he is one of the badasset of badasses of Marvel, he never had enough fanbase. And continue to not have any.
>>
>>83773038

Then where do Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist stand with their Netflix shows?

I'd say DD was an A-lister in the books, Cage and Fist B-listers, and Jones Z-list. I think there's a shift there too as well.
>>
He's a high-level B-lister now
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.