[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Jubilee so underused in modern continuity? She was popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Why is Jubilee so underused in modern continuity? She was popular enough to headline the 92 cartoon, be the major player to get people to read gen x to have it compete with Gen 13, she had her own solo book, had 2 fucking DC/Marvel crossover events where she has as much page time as fucking Superman, and had a whole event dedicated to re-powering her as a vampire (I prefer it to her mutant powers, but at the same time I prefer the vamp design and early gen x design to the "classic" design and only really like the "classic" look without the coat. Where as I think the coat lends nicely to the gen x and vamp costumes.
>>
>>83767650
>reposting /aco/ threads
>>
Nobody knows what to do with her. She's got shit powers, and now she's a vampire (with all the baggage that implies) and she also has a baby last time I checked.
>>
>>83767826
Why couldn't they like secret wars or cable the baby away?
>>
>>83767650
Did they fuck /co/?
>>
>>83767650
When did she last even appear? I specifically bought the tpbs she became a vampire in and learned to deal with it, but have zero interest int he modern X-Men. I lost track of her shortly after she adopted/stole the baby.
>>
>>83768330
The last book she was in was rhetoric girl xmen Where she stole the baby. I don't think she has been in anything since secret war except squirrel girl where she was a fat dyke dressed in her 92 costume
>>
>>83768531
It's just now dawning on me that Hellcat and Squirrel Girl aren't canon.
>>
Right now the X-Men books are still being written by people who grew up with Kitty Pryde

Once weirdos like that fat fuck Chris Sims take over the actual X books and not some weird joke comic, Jubilee will rise to prominence, as a prominent 90s x-person
>>
>>83768776
As the first nonwhite xmen To have a significant role in the main book other than storm
>>
>>83769005
False. Beast is blue.

Also, does Forge count as prominent?
>>
>>83767650
Wolverine always has a loli sidekick.

That loli gets to be the sidekick to all the X-Men, are the main character of a sub-team, or are tried to make stand on their own. For lulz, they may have short encounters with other ones like Jubilee and Boom Boom arguing in Genosha, or Jubilee and X-23 bonding.

The past lolis are forgotten, or if the writers have nostalgia for them then they get trapped in convoluted and stupid plots.

X-23 is the current one.
>>
>>83768072
Yes, but off page.
>>
>>83769073
He doesn't know. Does he?
>>
>>83769073
Boom boom was never a wolverine loli. I don't even think she was ever in the same book as wolverine considering she was in x factor then the new mutants than x force.

The only loli's wolverine has had are kitty who didn't even start out as his Loli until the kitty and wolverine mini, Jubilee, armor, and x23

Kitty literally wasn't in a main x title from 86 until 2004. She spent the late 80s and 90s in England and then was in college when Claremont wanted his waifu back and it wasn't until whedon brought his waifu into astonishing was she really a central x character again
>>
>>83769073
Speaking of stupid and convoluted plots, actual Wolverine is dead. There's an old man with old man balls called Old Man Logan who is like Earth 2 Wolverine but the Wolverine you know and love got Disney'd.
>>
>>83769145
Did they fuck, but with her tied up?

Also I like how the sequel to that bool, all access, can accurately be described as Jubilee cock blocking access and making his Asian girlfriend think he was fucking a 14 year old girl lead to a series of increasingly poor decisions by both access and jubilee
>>
>>83769192
>earth 2 logan killed and raped Jubilee

Didn't one of the writers recently want to kill the 616 Jubilee off?
>>
Who else has Jubilee as a waifu?
>>
>>83769588
>earth 2 logan killed and raped Jubilee

Wait, what?
>>
>>83767650

Because she's an x-men teen character. The franchise is notorious for writers coming in and making their own mutants and ignoring the ones that came before.
>>
>>83769050
Sunfire?
>>
>>83770909
Was in the book for like 2 issues
>>
>>83770608
Jubes, is far and away the most famous x teen not named kitty though
>>
>>83772295

I didn't even know who Kitty was until I was old enough to go to my LCS, and had already been popping boners to Jubilee for years by then. I suppose some people might have gotten to know Kitty is they were raised on Evolution.
>>
>>83772409
Evolution was such shit
>>
>>83772614

It gave us X-23, at least. And the Rogue Slave Maker game. But yes.
>>
>>83769162
>Boom boom was never a wolverine loli. I don't even think she was ever in the same book as wolverine considering she was in x factor then the new mutants than x force.
She was Sabretooth's loli, who he mostly picked up to piss him off. Didn't end well.
>>
>>83772614
Better than the joke that was Wolverine and the W-Men.
>>
File: image.jpg (684 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
684 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>83774229

Yeah, she does. Reach for the stars, my adorable blood sucker. Even when they forget you exist for years on end, you'll always be that mall-rat and first cartoon waifu for me.
>>
>>83769162
>Kitty literally wasn't in a main x title from 86 until 2004
Not true, she was part of the main title for at least 4 years after 1997.
>>
>>
>>83767650
Jubilee is famous only because she was lucky enough to be in the FOX X-Men cartoon due to it being based on the lineup at the time. She faded as the cartoon receded into memory. Now she's on Firestar's level, nostalgia-wise.
>>
>>
>>83776201
This will change once the Gen X Kittyfags age up and the older Millennials fully take over, assuming Marvel's still publishing X-Men comics.
>>
>>83768738
Good. Shit characters are shit.
>>
I am so out of the loop that I didn't even realize she turned into a vampire. Who wrote that in?
>>
>>83776311
>he thinks kids and teens of this generation aren't waifuing Kitty right now
Besides you're forgetting about the Excalibur generation and, most importantly, the Astonishing generation.
>>
>>83777339
That's why I was specific by just mentioning older Millennials.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.