[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a cartoon as good as Galaxy Rangers? http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Will there ever be a cartoon as good as Galaxy Rangers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMf2OXJcvhI
>>
>>83757652
INTO THESE WORLDS
OF UNKNOWN DANGER THEY RIDE
>>
>>83757652
Looking back at those old cartoons, I always wonder what happened to the world.
>>
>>83757652
With that level of 80's awesomeness? I doubt it...really,this was one of the few well made cartoon shows that,besides making you wet for their toylines,had a good amount of quality on them.

One can only hope,anon...maybe some day
>>
>>83757652

This basically sums up the best openings honestly
>>
>>83761689

and forgot the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKmys-Tys90
>>
Fuck, I loved this show so much.

>strange alien worlds
>amazing scenery and bizarre creatures
>cast of characters with distinct personalities and good chemistry
>dat animation
>>
halfhearted bump for thread that will probably still expire in 15 minutes anyway ;_;
>>
Visionaries, Thundercats, MASK, Transformers G1 season 2 intro,, are the best IMHO.
>>
>>83757652
This show can't possibly be as cool as its OP suggests.

...can it?
>>
>>83764849
Animation is pretty neat and it has some pretty good storytelling.

Though IMHO Mysterious Cities of Gold and Ullyses 31 are the kings of that.
>>
>>83764849
Some episodes were hit or miss but overall it was great, probably my single favorite show of the 80s. Lots of unique locales across the episodes, never got boring.
>>
>>83764849
One other thing it had was lots of bad guys so it didn't fall into the common 80s trope of the villains escaping at the end of every episode.
>>
>>83757652
And the Queen fucking horribly kills a captive.

Sucks his life force out like a Metroid and he crumbles to dust. She scoffs that his race do not nearly provide the energy humans do and she needs another test subject.

She was like legit hurt people evil and for a lot of kids that was like a 'holy shit' deal. Because she got away with it.
>>
They also outsourced the animation to Japan and let the Japanese studio go wild with spaceship battles, there's a couple of eps with maccross tier space battles
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-14-07-19-51.png (181 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-14-07-19-51.png
181 KB, 720x1280
Damn, never thought I'd see an 80's toon released on Blu-ray. Of course it's not done in America, but I definitely want to buy it if the quality is better than the DVDs (most likely is).
>>
>>83766773
The Koch brothers!! *shakes fist*
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.