[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marvel gets the FF rights back >uses Galactus, Silver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: hortonsynthetic.jpg (58 KB, 614x408) Image search: [Google]
hortonsynthetic.jpg
58 KB, 614x408
>Marvel gets the FF rights back
>uses Galactus, Silver Surfer, and other cosmic stuff for Infinity War
>doesn't actually make FF
>Jim Hammond is MCU Human Torch
How would /co/ feel about that?
>>
>>83756736
I don't even care about the FF, I just want a move with Jim Hammond.
>>
>doesn't actually make FF
Fuck you for even suggesting that.
>>
>>83756736
I'd miss The Thing and Doom but I could deal.
>>
>>83756736
sure do whatever I don't care about the actual Fantastic Four
>>
>>83756736
Whatever it takes to get more Silver Surfer.
>>
>>83756736
>Marvel gets the FF rights back
goddammit, you idiots. Look: IW starts filming in November. The script is probably done or almost done. Even if Marvel got the rights back tomorrow, it would be too late to fit them in. and they're not getting the rights back for years.

Stop believing what you want to believe.
>>
Which one of them has the superpower to lash their enemies with ginger beer?
>>
>>83757420
>goddammit, you idiots
IW is going to be two movies, anon. Only the first one films in november.
Calm your tits.
>>
>>83757544
>goddammit, you idiots
they're filming both of them together. I repeat: idiots.
>>
File: doomisallyouneed.png (903 KB, 1252x462) Image search: [Google]
doomisallyouneed.png
903 KB, 1252x462
>>83756736
Doom is all you need.
>>
>>83757585
>no fun allowed
I bet your real fun at parties :)
>>
>>83756736
They barely used any of the cosmic properties they actually own in GotG. What makes you think they'd use them?
>>
>>83757685
Because the FF are some of Marvel's top properties while most of the cosmic Marvel characters aren't. The GotG themselves were nobodies until the movie.

Plus bringing the FF back into the fold allows them to do the Annihilation Wave.
>>
>>83756736
Fantastic Four is objectively the worst part of the Marvel Universe

t. Normie

I think it needs to be modernized. Not made edgy or anything, but... let me give you an example. Take their fucking blue uniforms with the big 4 on them. Awful. Just awful.

Example alternative: So these four astronauts are on a space mission, right? Well, it's the future so they're wearing advanced space suits that look similar to their comic superhero costumes. Only they're just regular uniforms, designed for deep space missions so that you don't have to put on a cumbersome space suit all the time, you just need to put on a helmet.

And the mission they're on is called like "Fleming 4" mission, you know like Apollo 11 or Apollo 13. There was a Fleming 1 mission and a 2 mission, and then a 3 and now a fourth one.

I use Fleming as the name for Williamina Fleming, who discovered a famous nebula. I don't want to write the entire script, I'm just outlining the kind of non-campy movie it needs to be.

So they go to this nebula, they find some big bad, the nebula has radiation and it mutates them, and they must deal with their new abilities when they are headed home to - I don't know - beat the bad guy before he conquers Earth. Doom or whatever might be the owner of a private company in the first movie, as well as a member of the royal family from whatever country he is dictator of, and his company/country is funding the space mission.

So anyway, Doom is basically the only one who sympathizes or believes them about the evil guy, and the subplot is him more or less becoming Doctor Doom because he is worried the "Fantastic Four" survivors from the disastrous space mission aren't going to make it.

Anyway, bad guy is defeated, but Doctor Doom is now believed to be dangerous and out of control due to his extreme and illegal methods which he did out of fear and in human's interest. Which sets up a tragic conflict for the sequel.

That is better than actually having a comic adaptation.
>>
>>83757731
Ultimate FF already did a pretty good job of modernizing them, at least the early runs.
>>
>>83757720
I don't want to see the MCU's version of Annihilation.
It sounds fucking awful
>>
Doom could be a Sokovian gypsy who escaped persecution there and came to America where his genius got him a top scholarship. Do the whole meets Reed thing, blah blah, but after learning of the destruction of Sokovia in Age of Ultron he returns and ultimately takes it over, vowing to protect it from what he sees as the dangerous superhuman Avengers who destroyed his homeland.
>>
>>83757831
Forgot to add: renames it Latveria, the name of the country in his native minority Sokovian language.
>>
>>83756736
>Implying ignoring the FF if you have the rights is a good thing

Absolutely disgusting.jpg also the FF villains without FF really don't work unless it's Galactus or the skrulls. Doom is only 10/10 with the FF, annihilus and the negative zone really require something not really present in the current MCU, and Kang the conqueror could work as an avengers villain, again the MCU isn't "fantastic" enough yet, it'd be a stretch to see him.

All Marvel has to do is skip the origin story, and reboot them aka spider-man. I think the victor Von doom hurdle happens because they feel compelled to tell his origin too, when honestly he could be the greatest MCU style villain of all time (the ronan/ Loki/ red skull style of being pure menace without loads of development) seriously, Loki is just a shitty doom right now.
>>
>>83757768
Well I don't read FF comics and neither do the rest of the public. We only know them from the movies, and our impression of them is not good. So they need to be vindicated and taken out of the 60's sci-fi camp.

Sci-fi camp in and of itself isn't a bad thing, I love camp, but for whatever reason the trend is to take superhero movies seriously. Or at least, semi-seriously.

I do know just from browsing /co/ that FF are tied heavily into the Cosmic part of the Marvel universe and that Doctor Doom is not the cliche saturday morning cartoon villain he appears to be or is depicted as in recent movies.

I'd take the plot away from Earth, and make the plot more like a sci-fi thriller such as Solaris or Event Horizon. Not horror or utterly joyless, have the usual Marvel sense of humor, but actually make these four people feel like they only really have each other. Maybe there are other crew members and they're worried the mutations are contagious, so they quarantine them. Play on claustrophobia and a small group of people.

And rather than make the powers extremely action-y, make them extremely useful to surviving the challenges of space flight. Just, have action sequences, but maybe the Thing's mutation helps him survive in space without a spacesuit, so in one scene he's the only one who can go out to make repairs after the existing space suits are damaged or only a few are left.

You have four people with very silly powers. Make the general public take them seriously. Because I don't think the FF are unimportant, they are just really not in the right time period. They worked in the 60's and they work for nerds. But for most people, they are just too stupid.

At least Antman had cool visuals and GOTG was basically Star Wars. But FF has to take some cues from harder sci fi if it wants to not be considered retarded.

And as for Cronenberg shit... while I like that idea, it's a PG-13 movie. So lay off a bit, and instead use isolation and closed spaces.
>>
>>83757831
>Doom could be a Sokovian gypsy who escaped persecution there and came to America where his genius got him a top scholarship

That character already exists and his name is Magneto.
>>
>>83757997
>Well I don't read FF comics and neither do the rest of the public. We only know them from the movies, and our impression of them is not good. So they need to be vindicated and taken out of the 60's sci-fi camp.

I'll just reiterate that Ultimate FF did exactly that. Updated their story for a modern period. You really should read it, it sounds like it's exactly what you want.
>>
>>83758062
Well, then that's good. Although, explain to me what exactly went wrong with the existing FF movies then?

They seemed to portray a group of characters which never left the "Lost in Space" or "Sealab 2020" era of sci-fi.
>>
>>83757731
Hate to tell you buddy, but the "uniforms are the space suit" idea was in the Chiklis Alba movie, and most of your ideas are bad and done in a way better modern way in Ultimate Fantastic Four.

What makes the Fantastic Four great? Well, Marvel's biggest strength is that it's basically the cheesy professional wrestling that superheroes offer with the emotional weight of a soap opera. If Peter Parker is the small scale emotional weight, the Fantastic Four are the bridge between the small and the grand. They have the human emotional core with the family and their interactions with each other (not to mention Ben Grimm alone, holy shit) but their adventures are full of excitement and are beyond belief. They're like Dr. Strange in that the things they do are unlike any other heroes in the marvel universe (or any, for that matter)
>>
>>83758054
No, Magnet was a German Jew who survived the Holocaust and eventually moved to Israel.

Might try reading comics once in a while.

Do you even comics?
>>
>>83758097
No idea, I haven't seen any of them because they looked terrible. I know they didn't really follow the comics all that closely, though.
>>
>>83758131
Ah, I thought you typed "Slovakia". Which would have implied 'muh holocaust' and my point was Magneto already has that backstory.
>>
>>83757997
>Doctor Doom is not the cliche saturday morning cartoon villain he appears to be or is depicted as in recent movies.

No, no, don't think of him like that. Imagine Doom as the best possible version of a cliche Saturday morning cartoon villain. Like, if someone had to take that character and make him engaging. That's why he's good. It's also why he's a tad overused sometimes and why media depictions often fail with him
>>
>>83756736
That Human Torch arrangement could be done and it would be great considering they teased it in TFA like your pic shows

Also, Red Skull could be substituting Doom
>we didn't really see him die
>he was probably transported somewhere in spehss
>>
>>83758179
Sokovia was the fake Eastern European country Ultron demolishes in AoU
>>
>>83757731
Make a doom movie, with his origins, how he tries to save his mother etc.
Then next movie will have him as an antihero/antagonist/villain for f4.

And a solo silver surfer movie, him being norrin, becoming galactus herald, having space adventures, dealing with his "humanity" etc
>>
>>83758621
No more origins. Just have Doom be a villain in a future MCU movie and gradually reveal his story in flashbacks/discoveries/etc. They need to go straight to the awesome over-the-top, scenery-chewing, monologuing hammy Doom.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.