[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gotham season 3: Ivy being re-cast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: ivy.png (458 KB, 681x527) Image search: [Google]
ivy.png
458 KB, 681x527
>TV Line has learned that the recent Gotham casting call was for Poison Ivy, who will be receiving a major overhaul when the show returns this fall. Claire Foley, the young actress who played the part of Ivy Pepper in nine episodes scattered throughout the past two seasons, will not return for the upcoming third season and the now-series regular role is currently in the midst of being recast with an actress in her late teens, which will accelerate Ivy's path into embracing her true eco-terrorist roots.
>>
Why replace her? Is her schedule busy or something?
>>
Time skip incoming?
>>
>Ivy will magically age from a 12-year-old to 21 years old, the minimum required age to "sexually entrap men".

People will defend this.
>>
SEXY JAILBAIT INCOMING
>>
>>83754325
>>83754325

Shame. The actress was good, they just never got a chance to use her. Looks like we're finally going to get some more Ivy though,
>>
The only reason why comic fans watch Gotham is because of how batshit elseworldly it can get.
>>
>>83754405
She will be aged up to be closer to Selina and Bruce. Doesn't even have to be by much.
>>
Shes not growing tits fast enough
>>
>>83754374
She's fourteen. Can't play a sexy temptress.
>>
in b4 Ivy Pepper was a red herring, and the new girl is Pamela Isley.
>>
>>83754462
Whats Selina's excuse
>>
>>83754443
They're all fifteen in-universe.
>>
>>83754440

It's sort of cementing both Batman and his villains as products of how fucking batshit crazy Gotham is and makes people. I like it.
>>
>>83754462
just buy some miracle grow.
>>
>>83754485
This definitely gives them a good chance to fix that mistake
>>
>>83754485
Good explanation, now tell me what the hell happened to Crispus and Montoya.
>>
>>83754325

what the fuck? the girl is like 13

even if they recast her, everyone will know she's not any older than at least 15. it's just stupid, why not wait a few more years?
>>
>>83754440
So have you never watched the show or something? Gotham is incredibly faithful to the comics, save for one or two tiny tweaks.

Compare that to, oooh, I dunno, Jay Garrick of Earth 3 being Barry Allen's dad, or Amanda Waller committing suicide while Green Arrow's one true love is a woman who dated Firestorm's dad.

I want you to give me one good example of something that completely completely conflicts with the comics. Bear in mind, by the way, that things that have conflicted with the comics in the past have come around in later episodes (for instance, Penguin being from a rich family.)

Don't talk about shows you don't watch.
>>
Who else can't wait for Lincoln March?
>>
>>83754443
Speaking of big tits on a 15 year old, I sure hope Silver St.Cloud returns
>>
>>83754621
>Literally NO U'ing other shows because he can't defend Gotham's deviations from the source material

Top kek.
>>
>>83754700
Just one, Flashfaggot. Give me one.
>>
>>83754549
Fuck you that shouldn't have made me laugh.
>>
>>83754700

Defend Felicity.
>>
>>83754621
>Gotham is incredibly faithful to the comics

Remember when Jim Gordon dated Leslie Thompkins?

Remember when Barbara Gordon was a bisexual psychopath?

Remember when Riddler was a forensic scientist?

Remember when both the Penguin and the Riddler both had complex relationships with Jim Gordon?

Remember when all of Batman's enemies were created while he was still a kid, by Hugo Strange, who also had his parents killed?

Remember when the Joker was inspired by a psycho circus kid who was later revived as a zombie?

Remember when Batman and Catwoman were childhood sweethearts?

Remember when Silver St. Cloud was a little sociopathic jailbait from a rival family of the Waynes?

Remember when Azrael was the brainwashed zombie of an OC monk?

Remember when Fish Mooney existed?

Please, "Gotham" is as much a deviation as "Arrow" or "The Flash", if not more.
>>
>>83754733
>>83754763
>He doesn't like Gotham, he must like The CW shows

You're getting as retarded as the DCEU loyalists. Must be something in the Bat-brand.
>>
>>83754839
So you've literally never seen the show? Ok. Why didn't you just say that in the first place?
>>
>>83754888

To be fair if you don't like Gotham you must be clinically retarded. If you aren't a CWNigger then you'd have to be a Daredevil kid, and that is seriously lol.
>>
>>83754839
Please, Gotham at least captures the correct tone and uses the lore to good effect.
Which is far more than Arrow and Flash can ever say.
>>
>>83754621
>I want you to give me one good example of something that completely completely conflicts with the comics.
Barbara killing her parents wanting to murder Jim's new wife and then somewhere down the line Jim naming his daughter...Barbara

Stop being retarded. Gotham is fun. But its as elseworld as it can get. Even way more than Flash
>>
>>83754839

>oh no a show thst isn't about batman is giving character development to characters that arent batman
>>
>>83754912
You're either claiming those plot points are not in the show, or are in the comics. Either way you're wrong.
>>
>>83754964
>way more than the flash

lolno
>>
>>83754989
>Moving goalposts

It's still not a faithful adaptation.
>>
>>83754621
>>83754839
>>83754912
>>83754964
>>83755013

Youre comparing apples to oranges with this. Gotham is about everybody but its main character in a time period that doesnt get stories. Flash is about Flash while hes Flash. Of course Gotham of them is going to have more new stories in it than Flash.
>>
>>83754325
That sounds like s3 will jump a few years. Four or five for 'late teens'. Bruce being recast, or is the actor old enough but playing younger via makeup and babyface to just make him look 16/17?
>>
>>83754470
>14 year olds can't be for sexual

Either 4chan has changed, or you really like 'em young.
>>
>>83755779
They ideally shouldn't be for sexual, and they most certainly won't be on a TV show.
>>
>>83754553
This. They were both kinda enjoyable and looked like they were going to be important, then the writers just forgot they existed.
>>
But I liked this Ivy. It's sad they have to recast just because they can't think of a way to work with what they got.
>>
Gotham, AoS and iZombie are way better than anything in the Berlantiverse and wannabe Wire Netflix shit shows.
>>
>>83755779
either you never understood a damn thing in your life, or you're a newfag
>>
>>83756831
Alex, please. It's getting embarrassing.
>>
>>83754470

So don't write her as a sexy temptress. It's not THAT hard not to write with your dick.
>>
>>83756951
Tell that Bruno Heller.
>>
>>83754470
That didn't stop them from doing it with Catwoman. Or any of Dan Schneider's shows from going into production.
>>
>>83756831
This is a fact.
>>
>>83756989
Selina is not sexualized in-universe, thought. The fanbase does it on their own.

And it's not as much they won't sexualize a 14-year-old character as much as they won't sexualize a 14-year-old actress.
>>
>>83757014

Would you sat it's a Flashfact?
>>
>>83754325
I always thought she was the weakest of the would-be villain characters. 2 seasons in and she should have been developing some sort of personality.
>>
>>83756698
They realised that they could be better used later when Gordon is comish?
>>
File: UnderageModelsVogueParis10.jpg (1 MB, 1204x1600) Image search: [Google]
UnderageModelsVogueParis10.jpg
1 MB, 1204x1600
>>83757036
>it's wrong to sexualize 14-year-old actresses

but its for art! if you were French, you'd understand this
>>
>>83756831
FACT
>>
>>83754374
She's not hot enough.
>>
>>83754553
Well they were just there to help take down a corrupt cop (Gordon) and the corruption there has kinda calmed down.
>>
>>83758470
This is the reason.
>>
File: Clare Foley sinister 2.jpg (155 KB, 1500x998) Image search: [Google]
Clare Foley sinister 2.jpg
155 KB, 1500x998
>>83758470
i'd disagree, but i don't want to come off as a pedo

>>83758579
but that fits since Ivy didn't get hot until her accident
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.