[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe his personality.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Describe his personality.
>>
File: malt shop.png (413 KB, 710x654) Image search: [Google]
malt shop.png
413 KB, 710x654
>>83752195
gay lol
>>
>>83752195
I've been thinking about this. Does Mickey qualify as a Mary Sue? Why or why not?
>>
>>83752284
Oh like you're not a total queer, fred?
>>
Generally friendly, yet impulsive and stubborn.
>>
>>83752195
>Ha-ha, hail Satan, ha-ha!
>>
>>83752195
Mischievous scrapper turned bland family mascot
>>
>>83752195
Would Mickey work without the falsetto?
>>
I love old Mickey, but new child-friendly Mickey is pure cancer.
>>
>>83752195
Friendly, upbeat, adventurous, helpful, polite, and stubborn.
>>
>>83752195
nazi
>>
>>83752477
"Old" Mickey lives on in comics

"New" Mickey has been here since the 1940s or so
>>
>>83752195
It can vary a lot.
He's often happy go lucky, determined, courageous and kind.
But he's also been portrayed as pretty much the opposite, notably cowardly and petty in some instances.

He's what the story needs him to be, and that's fine I guess, he's an everyman.
>>
>>83752310
>why not
Walt Disney's dead.
>>
>>83752310
He's been blanded out over the years to be as family friendly as possible.

>>83752410
This exactly. Though he's been the boring Mickey for far longer than the original one.

He's LITERALLY for babies only in most things now. I don't really say that as an insult, though.
>>
>>83752527
Is there a site where you can read old mickey comics they look pretty interesting.
>>
>>83752310
he's not a mary sue since he's an original member of his universe
>>
In the modern shorts he's a well-meaning, heroic type whose impulses and actions invariably get him into trouble. This is the most interesting that he's been since the 40's.
>>
>>83754123
I really like these modern shorts, the visual gags are on point.
>>
>>83754123
Runaway Brain was really what started that, and it's been mostly consistent through Mouseworks/House of Mouse and the new shorts.

Clubhouse fucked it up, but the new shorts brought it back in such full force that Mickey is literally the most emotive he has ever been.
>>
>>83752572
This.
Mickey is the everyman, a blank slate you can use in whatever way you need to. That's part of what makes him so iconic, everyone has their own ideas about what he is and they're all technically right.
KH Mickey and the new shorts Mickey are the best.
>>
>>83754179
Literally the best cartoon of the last few years. Fantastically expressive animation, a really unique and characterful artstyle, brilliant gags, inventive stories, and most importantly, it actually makes Mickey fun again.
>>
>>83754467
>and they're all technically right.
No, they're all technically wrong.
>>
File: Dk_kal_2006l_001.jpg (50 KB, 285x400) Image search: [Google]
Dk_kal_2006l_001.jpg
50 KB, 285x400
>>83752195
Well.
It depends. For some time the European comics have had him as as a heroic detective character who comes close to being a cape hero at times.
When he doesn't take on the role of an adventurer or other protagonist in a period piece.

Donald is kinda similar, actually. He's the put-upon everyman and has a mean streak when challenged. But he has had an actual cape persona for decades.

More than anything, the characters are stand-ins for whatever the author needs for the story to work. They are rough sketches of a personality that get modified into what is needed.
And they have done so much with them by now, nothing seems out of character anymore.

Hell, I read a story of how Donald saves not-Dream Theater because he's such a massive prog-rock fan. In the same volume Mickey posed as a turn-of-the-century colonial adventurer in Africa, leading Minnie through Sahara with a trunk full of books to meet an author whose work she fell in love with It's actually Mickey.
>>
>>83752195
HO HO!
HEE HEE!
HA HA!
>>
>>83752195
Mario
>>
Depends if it's the black and white cartoons, the post-Fantasia cartoons, the Works cartoons, Clubhouse, Web series, Euro comics, etc.

Based on your image, I'll assume you mean the corporate image of Mickey, whose a pansy giggly politician.
>>
>>83752195
Mascot.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.