[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best new 52 series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Justice_League_0001.jpg (581 KB, 900x1355) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_0001.jpg
581 KB, 900x1355
What are the best new 52 series?
>>
Pre Rebirth or Post Rebirth?
>>
Action Comics
Batman
Justice League (post FE)
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Dial H
Robin Son of Batman
Grayson
Wonder Woman
Lemire Green Arrow
>>
>>83750806
complete runs or just writer runs?
>>
>>83750806
The list above, plus Midnighter, Omega Men.
>>
>>83750832
this, plus I liked the Flash
>>
Batman
Flash by Manapul/Booch
>>
>>83750855
Both, just anything you would reccomend
>>
File: 00001007.jpg (70 KB, 230x242) Image search: [Google]
00001007.jpg
70 KB, 230x242
>>83750832
>Action Comics
>Batman
>Justice League (post FE)
>Animal Man
>Swamp Thing
>Dial H
>Robin Son of Batman
>Grayson
>Wonder Woman
>Lemire Green Arrow

Get out of here with your reasonable, moderate opinions.
>>
Animal Man, Swamp Thing. Aquaman and Flash up to a point, then they go downhill
>>
Omega Men,Geoff John's Aquaman, Demon Knights.
>>
>>83750806
>>
>>83750882

Demon Knights and Resurrection Man are both good.
>>
>>83750882
Lemire Green Arrow
Batman
Dial H
Aquaman
Demon Knights
Manabooch Flash
Manabooch Detective Comics
Azz Wonder Woman
Forever Evil
Justice League (start at Throne of Atlantis)
>>
File: It's all up here.gif (951 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
It's all up here.gif
951 KB, 500x207
>>83750832
>>83750862
These guys got it.
>>
Dial H
Omega Men
Midnighter
Animal Man
Grayson
Swamp Thing
I, Vampire
Demon Knights
>>
>>83750806
>>
>>83751056
>>83751058
If we're counting DCYou titles, Prez was great, and more is coming in a few months.

Bizzaro was fun too.
>>
>>83750806

Action Comics (under Grant Morrison)
Superman Unchained
Batman
Batman and Robin
Robin Son of Batman
Wonder Woman (under Azzarello)
Aquaman (under Geoff Johns)
The Flash (under Bucelatto)
Justice League (Throne of Atlantis arc)
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Dial H
Demon Knights
Captain Atom
Omega Men
Grayson
Gotham Academy
>>
>>83750806
since nobody said it Justice League 3000
>>
>>83751909
3001 was kind of a let down.
>>
>>83751554
These and add Sinestro.
>>
>>83750806
I wanna read most of the New 52, since I've been away from capes since '11. What do I need to read in for all the crossovers and such?
>>
>>83750806
Hawk and Dove
Batman: The Dark Knight
Red Hood and the Outlaws
>>
>>83750832
To expand on this a little, Action Comics turns to crap after Morrison's run is over.

There's still debate over Pak's run, but I'm a fan. Nothing groundbreaking, but a consistently good read. Superman with JRJR is fucking retarded after Johns leaves, really cringe-inducing shit about Twitter taking over the world or something.

Batman has some bad points but is overall a great run.

I think all of Tomasi's stuff is hugely underrated, his Batman & Robin is great and made me like Damian much more than even Morrison did in his run.

Green Lantern under Johns starts great but starts to show fatigue towards the end, then has a fucking great ending. The following arcs by Venditti and Jensen are consistently disappointing. However, Larfleeze by Giffen and DeMatteis is great fun, and Red Lanterns is really good after Soule takes over. New Guardians starts OK and then just becomes pretty awful, so avoid that. Omega Men is technically a GL title I guess, but it's fantastic.

Flash starts out good with Manapul, then after they leave for Detective Comics (which is OK but disappointing), Venditti and Jensen come on to ruin this as well with awful art by Brett Booth.

Wonder Woman by Azzarello and Chiang is overall great, but as a Wondie diehard I have my problems with it. Everyone seems to enjoy it, though.

I'm gonna tout one of the most underrated DC books, Catwoman under Genevieve Valentine. Fantastic series that really gets the character, but no one read it and now Valentine isn't even doing anything at DC. Fucking shame.
>>
File: dc_aquaman_32.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dc_aquaman_32.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>83750896
>not liking Jeff Parker's Aquaman
Even better than Johns IMO.
>>
>>83753103
>Superman with JRJR is fucking retarded after Johns leaves, really cringe-inducing shit about Twitter taking over the world or something.

The fight club arc after that was good
>>
>>83750939

Supremely underrated.
>>
>>83750806

They are all shit.
>>
Aquaman and demon knights were the best ones.

Anybody who tells you Batman was good is a fucking faggot the rest of the bat books were alright though detective comics was pretty great

Unless we are counting red hood and the outlaws as a bat book fuck red hood and the outlaws
>>
>>83750832
Justice League Dark has some elements of that tired trope of the Bad Guy Being Two Steps Ahead but the art work on it is really nice, the first true arc about the Books of Magic was interesting (although a bit confusing where it overlaps the really horrible Forever Evil cross-over) and they actually could have done more with it, but until the end, it holds up well.

Demon Knights is also often mentioned in this threads, I just pulled the first trade but haven't read so I am just passing on the opinions of others.

>>83750879
>>83750880
>>83750896
>>83751009

I second (fifth) the Manapul/Booch Flash ran (which I believe was three arcs?) after which as Anon 3 said the series goes 'downhill'
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 640x984
No one said prez?
>>
>>83750806
Justice League
Constantine
Batman
Grayson
Batman and Robin
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.