[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Company introduces a new hero >They put them in the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1443111773269.jpg (32 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1443111773269.jpg
32 KB, 320x287
>Company introduces a new hero
>They put them in the same fucking setting as every other hero (ex: New York)
>repeat ad infinitum
>setting is so fucking crowded by heroes at this point that there's no reason for there to be any crime at all
>keep putting new heroes in that same location because writing anywhere else is too hard

Why is this still a thing?
>>
>>83750107
Are there any heros in Los Angeles?
>>
>>83750107
99% of superheroes are American and based in America. Is the rest of the world so crime free that the USA can't spare a few?

I challenge you to name me an Australian Superhero.
>hard mode: name an indian superhero
>harder mode: name a welsh superhero
>>
>>83750107
Because NewYorkers are so damn proud they'll eat any piece of shit that makes them look good
>>
as someone from the midwest, I think we only have Flatman and company?
>>
>>83750163
You tell me.
>>
>>83750308
Wolfspider and Pixy for Australia and Wales respectively.

I'm stumped for India though, so you win.
>>
>>83750308
>I challenge you to name me an Australian Superhero.

Tasmanian Devil. He was in the JLA, quite a big deal!
>>
>Company
You could have just said Marvel.

Though DC still puts most new characters in Gotham or something, and the late 70's saw them putting a lot of new characters in New York because all of the writers wanted to copy Spider-Man.
>>
>>83750308
Not exactly a hero but Captain Boomerang motherfucker.
>>
In the South, Only Superheros and Villains are your standard one-note regional stereotypes, or racism/confederacy related.

Oh, and I guess Gambit... and Man-Thing? Gambit 'might' count under the stereotypes though.

I figure it's just that the industry was based around New York for so long.

Would be interesting if Superman had never left the American Heartland. Unlike heros like Spiderman or Batman he isn't really limited to 'Muh tall buildings.'
>>
>>83750556
I would have but I didn't know enough about DC other than they still threw people into NY, Metropolis and Gotham though not as much as Marvel just throws people into NYC because they're lazy
>>
>>83750657
>In the South, Only Superheros and Villains are your standard one-note regional stereotypes, or racism/confederacy related.

Not entirely. The few books that have taken place in Texas just show it as hot and humid as shit which is entirely true.
>>
>>83750308
>hard mode: name an indian superhero
Indian Spider-Man?
>>
>>83750663
Basically EVERYONE in Marvel goes to NYC. Probably because they have to so they can be in cross overs or be on one of the seventeen Avengers teams. I know Kamala is Jersey but that's not exactly far. Scarlet Spider by Yost was in my home of Texas which I really liked.

Most recent character I can remember in DC was Blue Beetle III who was in New Mexico I think? One of the cactus states.

I liked when JLI made some Russian anti-super forces, and when Morrison made Chinese and Japanese super teams. The Great Ten of China especially show up all over the place. Excellent characters. The Japanese ones are pretty cringe inducing though, your basic lazy anime trope heroes. Mecha, kaiju, ninja, samurai, Pikachu, Kamen Rider and magical girl.
>>
>>83750964
>Most recent character I can remember in DC was Blue Beetle III who was in New Mexico I think? One of the cactus states.

El Paso, Texas.
>>
>>83750107
Well how many of those heroes actually go out of their way to stop like simple muggings? Most of them don't bother with anything less than a Bank Robbery+Hostages not to mention that the universe is violently collapsing into itself every other week.
>>
>>83750163
All-New Ghost Rider, but he's in comics limbo atm.
>>
>>83751740
>>83750163
I wanna say Living Lightning was also from Los Angelos. He was in that area at least during the WACO days.
>>
>>83750706
>Texas
>the south
>>
>>83751959
Literally the Southmost state in the contiguous US/
>>
>>83750107
I want a superhero who works exclusively in flyover states. I want Idahoman.
>>
I want a hero that has no hometown or city. A hero that goes where he or she is needed at the time to save the day. There are never locked down in one place.
>>
>>83750163
Not a hero at all but I think Gabriel lives there
>>
>>83752788
Mr terrific

Constantine for a while but hes not really a hero
>>
>>83754943
Constantine? I just watched the movie for the first time last night, any recommended comics?
>>
>>83755050
The original hellblazer and the dcyou series are pretty good the new 52 in between was pretty crap.
>>
It's harder to shoein liberal PC bullshit otherwise
>>
>>83750964
>Probably because they have to so they can be in cross overs or be on one of the seventeen Avengers teams.
The sad thing is how this is not at all an exaggeration. Why the fuck are there so many branches of Avengers?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.