[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You get to retcon a character's history, who do you choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12
File: wolverine-spiderman.jpg (82 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
wolverine-spiderman.jpg
82 KB, 630x420
You get to retcon a character's history, who do you choose?

Spider-Man
>Wolverine is really his father and slept with Peter's mother during that time they worked together on a mission
>The spider bite completely overridden his mutant DNA which explains it wasn't during that time Professor X examined him
>He also knows capoeira
>Those hairs on his palms he uses to climb on walls are actually his equivalent to Logan or Daken's claws
>>
File: aae.jpg (49 KB, 636x666) Image search: [Google]
aae.jpg
49 KB, 636x666
>>83749864
How Very, 80s. like the Idea though, could see it happening today in the comics if Marvel gets the movie rights.
I would change Magik so she never dies during Inferno, or of the legacy Virus so we could get cool 90's and 2000's New Mutants.
>>
>>83749961

Oh, and the healing factor explains why he didn't die from radiation from getting bit by the spider and his super strength comes from Wolverine too.
>>
>>83749864
>You get to retcon a character's history
RETCON SINS PAST
RETCON OMD
>>
>>83749864
I'd rather just have a Spider Punisher, Pete being pissed about his dead uncle and using his power to murder criminals
>>
File: collab.png (459 KB, 728x525) Image search: [Google]
collab.png
459 KB, 728x525
>>83749864

Captain America is actually born in the late 80's and choose to inherit the old memories of the senior captain america.
>>
>>83749983
x1000 Times better than X23 or Daken. I want Spiderman to hang with the X-Men more.
>>
File: Cool Skele.png (64 KB, 163x249) Image search: [Google]
Cool Skele.png
64 KB, 163x249
DareDevil is now a Protestant Deaf Man.
>>
>>83750102

What do you think Peter's reaction would be if Wolverine did turn out to be his father? I could see him being more shocked how he's half Canadian rather than half mutant.
>>
>>83749864
Yinsen became Iron Man instead of Tony.
>>
>>83749864
>Sins Past, Sins Remembered, OMD, and Brand New Day onwards were all an illusion made by Demon Mysterio
>Peter in reality is still married to MJ
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 260x592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 260x592
I like some conflicting retcons. For example, there's Kirby's rejected retcon that the Watcher devoted his life to non-interference after accidentally creating Galactus.
But then I like the Earth X version where Galactus exists to control the Celestial population (which I don't think was ever mainline canon).
>>
>>83750237
Really depends on the author. That just makes me want to have Claremont written Peter. he would fit in well with Excalibur, didn't he date Kitty for a while? But I digress, I think that he probably wouldn't believe him. making cracks thats more likely that Scotts his dad. But eventually he realizes it via some shitty fight with like Sabertooth or Mysterio where Logan talks about his mom. I would read the fuck out of that.
>>
File: Wolverine actor guy.png (31 KB, 161x160) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine actor guy.png
31 KB, 161x160
>>83750482
Wait.....The watch created Galactus? What even is the watcher? Does he know hes in a comic? I thought X-Men was complicated . Il take Dark Phoenix over Fantastic Four any day.
>>
>>83749864
That would explain the stingers a lot better during that Evolve or Die story. Can you immagine? Spidey with a Wolvie-grade healing factor? Over freaking powered.
>>
>>83750584

He actually does have a healer factor.
>>
Can we go completely crack-verse with this? Because if so

>Disney buys Warner Brothers or vise versa.
>Marvel and DC have a Crisis causing both to exist in the same reality.
>New Earth Peter Parker's Uncle and Aunt were shot.
>Adopted by Bruce Wayne.
>Spider-Man is Batman's happy go lucky sidekick who foils off Batman's darker attitude.
>>
>>83749864
Peter Parker's Mutant Ability is just quick wit. No Prize, lore friendly explanation for why he makes jokes and shit.
>>
File: colossus.jpg (198 KB, 671x1000) Image search: [Google]
colossus.jpg
198 KB, 671x1000
>>83750646
>>Disney buys Warner Brothers or vise versa.
Worst Future. The Sentinels are also built in that future. Everything shitty happens in that timeline.
>>
>>83750482
It's not canon. I like it though.

>>83750552
Watcher isn't complicated at all. No, he didn't create Galactus.

Galactus is the last survivor of the previous universe. Going through the end of time turned him into what he is.

Watcher is just a guy who exists outside of time. You know the Brains from Futurama, whose goal was to acquire all knowledge in the universe? The Watcher is basically the same. He doesn't "know" he's fictional but he essentially views time as you would view a comic book, able to turn to any page at any time. Dr. Manhattan actually works the same way.
>>
>>83749864
this is the dumbest fucking idea I've ever seen
>>
>>83750745
Also let me qualify this by saying I haven't read Marvel events in years, so I don't know if this is still canon. I think one of the recent ones made changes to the Watcher.
>>
>>83750745
So if he survived the last universe, what happens to him when 616 gets destroyed? is there an earth 811 Watcher? Did he survive the new stupid ass Secret Wars?
>>
File: Hawkeye and Hulk laugh.gif (237 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye and Hulk laugh.gif
237 KB, 500x280
>>83750237
>I could see him being more shocked how he's half Canadian
>>
>>83750777
If I recall correctly, only change made to Watcher was his death - he died at the very beginning of Original Sin and at the and was replaced by Nick Fury Sr. as Earth's Watcher (the Unseen).

By the way, he really is Unseen, I don't think he has showed up anywhere since then.
>>
>>83750893
I'm not sure what the current status of either are, but I believe every universe has a Galactus and a Watcher. Ultimate definitely did.

Pretty sure the current Galactus will eventually die and a new one will be made for the next universe. Supposedly he's a balancing force that must exist to maintain order in the universe, like forest fires. But there are varying explanations as to why. Possibly to keep civilizations from getting to advanced and fucking every other civilization.

Earth X used the explanation that planets with civilization are basically incubators for baby Celestials, and Galactus eats them to keep the population of Celestials from getting out of control, but that isn't canon.

All in all, he's a mysterious entity whose exact nature is unclear, but all we know is he's sapient, he has a constant hunger for planets, and he possesses the power cosmic.
>>
>>83751080

I see the scene going like this.

Reed Richards: So Peter, what do you think of Logan being your father now that tests are conclusive?

Peter: OH GOD! Then this means, this means...I'm ha.hal-

Reed Richards: Yes, Peter, you're now half mutan-

Peter: NO! IT MEANS I'M HALF CANADIAN
>>
File: pacha ok.jpg (144 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
pacha ok.jpg
144 KB, 550x550
>>83751186
>>
>>83749864
After Peter Parker's parents died he sent to be raised by his uncle Donald Duck
>>
>>83749864
I'll try:
Reed Richards really did fuck with Dr. Doom's calculations back in college. This will be introduced as a retcon in the mid-90s, in which Reed fesses up to it on-panel after a particularly vicious battle with Doom that seriously injures someone on the team (or kills one of the kids).

Meanwhile, Deadpool never transitions from "eccentric mercenary" to "IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I'M CRAZY LOLZ CHIMICHANGA!!!111one"
>>
File: whatthefuckman.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckman.png
255 KB, 354x367
>>83750001
Fine.
Norman dosed Gwen.

>mfw they didn't go with this for Sins Past
>>
>>83750334
Not an illusion anon, it's just the Mephistoverse.
Pete's trapped in there but he'll get out, you'll see.
btw this ain't a retcon. it's the actual canon
>>
>>83751170
I remember from around the "Trial of Reed Richards" arc that Galactus is supposed to kickstart the creation of the next universe once the current one ends. He actually feels guilty about eating planets, so he basically keeps himself in an almost-starved state. I think that's a soft retcon to explain why everyone doesn't just get murdered whenever he shows up.
>>
>>83749864
Martian Manhunter is a half-ghost. The experimental teleportation beam that originally dragged J'onn to Earth didn't work properly; J'onn was trapped between dimensions, unable to fully materialize in the physical world. This grants J'onn the abilities of flight, phasing, invisibility in addition to his native Martian shapeshifting, telepathy, and strength.

honestly I'm not sure what powers to ascribe to Martians and which ones to J'onn's ghostlyness; dude's got so much going on
>>
>>83750621
Yeah, but it takes a day or two for him to fully heal from serious injuries.
>>
>>83751415
See I'd go back and forth on the retcon, having Reed be wrong in the one moment that absolutely mattered definitely works better in the dramatic sense, but it being the product of Doom's own ego is also too within character
>>
>>83751170
Yes, the two beings that will be wait out the heat sink death and be there to kickstart the new universe are Galactus (who will become the universe), and Franklin Richards who will shape it.

Or maybe not after Secret Wars, because that might be the last time the fantastic four matter.
>>
my retcon:

The Fantastic Four are mutants that during the accident just triggered their dormant gene, Doom was there for it but nothing happened to him and thus his scar is one of envy.
>>
These are some of the worst ideas I have ever read.
>>
Every Avenger is based off of each other. Or rather, their origins are intertwined with each other

It all starts with Cap and the Super Soldier Serum. Because the original formula for the serum was lost, a lot of people try to recreate it. The Hulk was the best recreation, albeit many elements of the formula were supplemented with the same Cosmic Waves that were found in a research mission in space by Reed Richards and his family. The bomb testing that created the Hulk also resulted in atomic fallout at a worldwide scale resulting in major genetic mutations in select individuals by exposing preexisting alterations made by the Kree. The only person to successfully recreate the super soldier serum would be Dr. Curt Connors, although his research is still very much in prototype stages as he's still working with animal test subjects such as Spiders and Lizards. While there have been talk of investigating Human subjects, a recent accident involving a child being permanently blinded after being exposed to some of the same chemicals found in the serum. There have been multiple others who have tried developing their own take on the Super Soldier, though. Enter Tony Stark, who was approached by SHIELD to help in the manufacturing of Project War Machines. Hank Pym was also approached by SHIELD, but was quickly booted off the project once it was clear he was more focused on his own scientific research than he was any involvement with Super Soldiers. Unlike everyone else, Shield has no records of Hank Pym's current whereabouts.
>>
>>83750333
This happened in secret wars Captain Brittain
>>
I retcon Batman. He was abused by his uncle, and he would focus on the shadows moving to take himself out of the situation. He would watch the 'bat-man' come to take him away, hiding in the darkness, protecting him and biding his time so that he could stop the rapey uncle - and anyone else who would hurt and exploit the vulnerable. Eventually this developed into a sense of dark justice as we see him later. The reason he has a big issue with killing is of course because he dissociated and stabbed his uncle during one of his late night drunken visits.

Now, he becomes 'The Batman' during dissociative episodes, and distances himself from his actions as he brutalises criminals. Bruce Wayne, the philanthropist could never do those things, after all.
>>
File: juggss.jpg (198 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
juggss.jpg
198 KB, 940x529
>Juggernaut is part of a rebooted Weapon X type program.
>Him and Xavier are not related
>Genetic tampering makes him too strong and too unstoppable
>He is incredibly susceptible to mind control, this was done on purposes by his creators to be able to control him
>Xavier has a run with him and in a lucid moment Juggernaut asks for him
>Xavier keeps Juggernaut locked up in secret cell of the X-mansion
>One day Xavier fears there is a threat his x-men can't handle and uses Juggernaut to defeat the enemy
>Juggernaut remembers being trapped in a cell for years and being used by Xavier, he hates all mutants, their war and humans who dabble in mutant experimentation, but he really hates psychics.
>>
>>83754757
Yeah I know but it was super short.

It's a really interesting concept.
>>
>>83749864
Sounds bad
>>
>>83749864
The original X-men team
They are actually a gov funded special ops diguised as a school dedicated to stopping evil mutants

I' LL add in two more members so its 7

The other teams like wolverine and storm are different factions
>>
>>83756834
A special ops team that senators repeatedly rally against and make extreme counter measures for?
>>
I would undo the monitor origin retcon from multiversity.
>>
>>83756977
To be clear I mean go back to crisis on infinite earths.
>>
Thomas and Martha Wayne are part of a secret society of futurists that predicted the rise of superhumans and decided to shape their son into becoming the greatest warrior of mankind so he'd stand up against the superhuman. They resurface, having grown disappointed Batman has chosen to to associate himself with the likes of Batman and Superman rather than vanquish their presence, and in a fierce battle, Batman is forced to kill them to save the world.
>>
>>83757218
Snyder please stop.
>>
Reed Richards purposefully exposed himself and his family to the Cosmic Rays as part of an experiment.
>>
>>83749864
Every one of these is terrible
>>
Fantastic 4
but I like the Ultimate version one already

so I will just improve their powers

>sue storm
No more invisibility (it just doesn't suit her), Aerokinesis hence Ionize plasma control like Argent this will explain the constructs

>Johnny Storm
Sunfire with added lightning, hes a walking nuclear reactor instead of a match stick
full extent of his powers is like Firestorm

>Ben Grim
Keep him the way he is but add terrakinesis(earth bending, metal, lava)

>Reed Richards
Instead of this rubber thing, its actually liquid like intact substance goop from Ben 10
but he ca still control his mass and density
>>
>>83756887
special secret ops then

it worked for striker, its not like everyone in the gov agrees with each other to where their taxes are going to
>>
File: shazam-captain-marvel-dc.jpg (189 KB, 596x380) Image search: [Google]
shazam-captain-marvel-dc.jpg
189 KB, 596x380
Shazam is now called "Captain Marvel"

That is my retcon.
>>
>>83749864
Captain America was an inhuman all along, the serum itself didn't do shit to him but the vita rays had some terrigin shit in them that activated Cap's super stats

also caps mom is hydra :^)
>>
>>83749864
this would make a great alt verse
>>
>>83750492
>didn't he date Kitty for a while?
Ultimate Pete, yeah
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.