[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How different would Cap be if he instead was created during ww1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
How different would Cap be if he instead was created during ww1
>>
>>83744684
Probably be an Irish immigrant instead of a child of Irish immigrants.
>>
>>83744715
Also probably not as patriotic.

Maybe more religious? It's up in the air if he's more, less, or not at all after the war. Some people had mixed thoughts
>>
>>83744782
>Some people had mixed thoughts

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.

Gas! Gas! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Wilfred Owen, 1893 - 1918

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB4cdRgIcB8
>>
File: Hydra.jpg (1 MB, 884x1144) Image search: [Google]
Hydra.jpg
1 MB, 884x1144
>>83744684
>How different would Cap be if he instead was created during ww1

He'd have his favorite reading material!
>>
He would probably be more effective, since a shield would be more useful in the trench warfare of WW1.
>>
>>83745038
Oh, also he'd have no meaningful involvement in the war whatsoever, because he's American.
>>
>>83744684
I think this was meant to be like American propaganda, but it comes across as anti-America propaganda. "This faceless souless murderer won't stop killing us! Enlist today and put a stop to the massacre!"
>>
>>83744684
Look at evil Captain America, selfishly defying the SHIELD freedom gas attack with his mask.
>>
>>83745056
Well, the deceleration of war happened in early 1917, so it's quite possible he was tearing up the trenches for a full year ahead of the army.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 468x727) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 468x727
Probably have intense PTSD.

Up that point wars were fought with uniforms that had plumage on it and by riflemen on horseback, trenchwarfare made that obsolete, but it hadn't been perfected and it's psychological effect not considered.

Hitler went blind after a mustard gas attack, but remained blind for months even after his eyes healed.
>>
He would have probably had a severe case of PTSD.
>>
There were no heroes in WW1. It was a tragedy on a global scale.
>>
Such an odd case, Hitler. Having seen the horrors of war, he nevertheless actively sought to plunge the world back into it.

He really only ever was important while in uniform. Imagine subjecting the whole world to your ego.
>>
>>83744684
He'd probably be quite older when he defrosts.
>>
>>83745994

>TFW Cap was born in 1920
>TFW he was frozen when he was 25 years old
>TFW that's always about 10 to 15 years ago, max
>And yet everybody treats him like their grandpa and when the super soldier serum broke down he looked like an octagenarian

Why are comic book writers so dumb and lazy?
>>
>>83746031
I hate the sliding timeline as much as the next guy, but those are some really dumb points, Anon. People treat him as a grandpa as a rib on his actual age, and he looked all busted to shit because the extraction of the serum wrecked his body.
>>
>>83744684
Look citizens of the Imperium it's Captain Krieg coming to stoicly save us.
>>
>>83746276
>It's actually Ciaphas Cain in a stolen gas mask.
>>
>>83745684
Khakis were adopted as early as the 1840s for some British regiments, and were in regular use by the end of the second Boer. Prior to that rifle regiments had traditionally used dark green, and camouflage was in use on the regimental level as far back as the Indian Mutiny.

The adoption of Service Dress in 1902 was simply a formalisation and recognition of the effectiveness of long-standing use of dress appropriate to the field and the enemies faced. Battle Dress, adopted in the 1930s, was an update and continuation of this process.

>>83745056
>>83745667
There was a John Steele in Marvel who was retconned to have a pre-WW1 origin.

However you're correct in that the end of that conflict was more to do with the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman empires, which were both long-standing problems exacerbated by years of conflict. Without American involvement both would have broken down within a few years in any case, and the war would have had a similar outcome - except that the Wilson Doctrine would have never been enforceable.
>>
>>83744684
He is wounded in an artillery barrage, leaving him as little more than a torso that is alive. He loses his arms, legs, and all of his face but due to the Super Soldier Serum he is still alive.

Colonel Nicholas Fury has him placed in Walter Reed to be used as living farm for the same serum that supposedly made him so special.

Sometime in the late 1940s, as Russia and the United States edge closer to war, Natasha Romanova smothers him with a pillow in order to prevent America from gaining any more of the serum. They say she felt a slight pang of pity.
>>
File: Ultimates (2015-) 005-012.jpg (655 KB, 651x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates (2015-) 005-012.jpg
655 KB, 651x1000
>>83746227

He looked OLD when his actual chronological age is 40, MAYBE.

And I don't hate the sliding timeline - unlike you, I embrace it proudly!
>>
What if Unknown Solider fought in WW1?

Would he have teamed up with Unknown Warrior from England ?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.