[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behold, the Second Animation Renaissance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1200x1600
Behold, the Second Animation Renaissance
>>
>>83743869
Oh really? Because all I see is overrated tripe that panders to a specific group of people instead of all audiences like a good cartoon should.
>>
>>83743933
>like a good cartoon should

Can you tell me where it is written the rules that say that a cartoon should appeal to everyone and every public always? Who wrotte it?
>>
>>83743999
No one wrote it. It's an unwritten rule of animation. Appealing to a certain demographic just because it's huge doesn't work to a show's advantage because it increases the odds of it becoming very dated
>>
>>83743933
>Having a target audience makes something bad
>>
>>83743933
>it doesn't pander to me so it's bad
>>
>>83744111
Where the hell are you taking it from? This is kit how entertainment works.
>>
what show is the rock from
>>
File: tmp_7352-shakeman-1087593848.jpg (23 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7352-shakeman-1087593848.jpg
23 KB, 500x371
I like two of those shows one of them more than I shouldand I still think you're dead wrong. Animation as art(at least on TV) is dying, what you see are simply its death throes, a dying medium's last stand.
>>
>>83743869
You may think so now but just wait ten years and see if these shows still hold up.
>>
>>83744512
over the garden wall. it was a mini-series that aired in 2013 on CN
>>
File: 1406757431399.jpg (35 KB, 664x764) Image search: [Google]
1406757431399.jpg
35 KB, 664x764
>>83743869

>Second Animation Renaissance.
>Barely any action cartoons.
>Flash-animation, dull CGI, and Calarts everywhere.
>Mediocre by-the-numbers CGI flicks everywhere.
>Zombie Simpsons and Zombie Spongebob still airing and showing no signs of stopping.

Sorry, give it at least 20-30 more years for a new "renaissance".
>>
I dunno, putting plot ahead of you sales seems to be an effective means of making a program with long-term viability. Ditto for having a legitimate"ending" for a show. I'm quite happy with OtGW as a mini-series, and GF was overall much better than I had expected. I can admire SU for it's dedication to plot advancement and continuity, and it's gradual world building. Even if you think of any or all of these shows as "tumblr, the cartoon", you can't deny that they were heralds of a significant step up from "buy our toys, the show"
>>
>>83744676
>You sales
"Toy sales", I can't even spellcheck.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.